• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

IHaveIce

Banned
I just hate how it and the Scattershot seem to have a ridiculously high variance on their effective range on a shot for shot basis. Sometimes you can one shot someone with one from a ludicrous range, other times it'll do nothing. And the Scattershot especially seems woefully inconsistent at anything more than point blank.

yeah pair that up with lag and you don't know if you will be killed or not.

Also Damage boost paired up with any type of shotgun is overpowered, the range of the human shotgun is insane

Crazyorloco

they're re-starting the Spartan ops episodes over, and I'm finally going to start playing it...

Is there a way to put the difficulty up to legendary in Spartan ops matchmaking? I don't see an option to change the difficulty.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So conflicted about this game. It can be fun, but the constant DMRs really puts me off.

The number of people playing it on my friend's list has already hit rock bottom too.

Crazyorloco

Wow matchmaking for Spartan ops is pretty slow...I'm trying to do the first chapter and haven't been able to get a game going.

I'm going to play later when the population rises a bit.

Raxus

Even if it was a mistake, it was in fact given to me. I started the game up one day and was prompted with a message that wouldn't let me continue unless i read it. Which then took me to the marketplace/Guide for 0msp DLC. They sure went out of there way to make sure i got it. Its kind of rude.

It was a dick move to be sure but don't blame 343 for something that was out of their control.

You can blame them for lots more than that. DMR, boltshot, O. drops, imbalanced maps, lack of dedicated servers...

Even if it was a mistake, it was in fact given to me. I started the game up one day and was prompted with a message that wouldn't let me continue unless i read it. Which then took me to the marketplace/Guide for 0msp DLC. They sure went out of there way to make sure i got it. Its kind of rude.
It didn't magically appear in your game, you had to "confirm purchase" just like the rest of us. It wasn't given to you, you took advantage of their fuck up (as well you should have).

Let's just be more truthful here.

However, I completely agree that it's poor form to make such a colossal mistake, bullshit their way through it with the “14 day, Buy and Play” terminology, and then be so shrewd as to not own up to their mistake and let people who took advantage of the situation keep their spoils. The way Halo 4's marketing has been handled is just appalling at every level.

Ah ok. I was hoping for some more fixes.

Nope, this one just removes the Crimson DLC pack for non-purchasers, and makes it so other people can't join their party because all of a sudden your Halo 4 versions are different :p

I'm sure that's fixed by now, I'm just bitter that it happened.

Nope, this one just removes the Crimson DLC pack for non-purchasers, and makes it so other people can't join their party because all of a sudden your Halo 4 versions are different :p

I'm sure that's fixed by now, I'm just bitter that it happened.

Nice so it removes hackers! ;)

edit: NeoGaf bitter about something Halo?!? I never would have thought... :p

What ever happened to this new gametype? Is it out?

Why does it take so many damn shots to kill the promethean knights? And why the fuck am I being forced to scrounge around for ammo in a halo game? Christ.

Crazyorloco

Nice so it removes hackers! ;)

edit: NeoGaf bitter about something Halo?!? I never would have thought... :p

What ever happened to this new gametype? Is it out?

Extraction? It's in the crimson dlc playlist. I wish everyone could play it. they should make a playlist for it. It's fun.

Or maybe there's something new I don't know about...

Tawpgun

Yeeesh. Infinity slayer's a mess. No wonder you guys are all pissed off.

As in random fiesta clusterfuck. Yeah.

Also, since they removed Slayer Pro, there's no base halo experience without loadouts mucking everything up.

And the boltshot still stands as the worst addition to any Halo game. Its on par with Reach beta armorlock honestly, since that was used as a stupid CQC weapon too.

Thing needs to be outright erased from the gamecode.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I just no joke joined 4 games in a row all in progress all on abandon. Why am in joining games in progress when there are so many people playing IS.

Extraction? It's in the crimson dlc playlist. I wish everyone could play it. they should make a playlist for it. It's fun.

Or maybe there's something new I don't know about...

No thats it, i was just waiting for a playlist...i didnt know it was in the dlc thing. Everyone chooses fokin slayer all the time when im there...

JackHerer

This game is so frustrating. I actually think Halo Reach was in a lot of ways a better game. Which is very depressing. I never thought I would be saying that because I was extremely excited for this game to come out.

Before anyone jumps on the Halo Reach comment, over all I think Halo 4 has the potential to be a much better game than Reach. But right now it is probably more frustrating to play with all its issues than Reach was (at least post TU).

Basically what happened with this game is they fixed two of the biggest problems Reach had: Shooting (by greatly reducing/removing Bloom), and Movement. Then they added a bunch of other terrible shit (Personal and Global Ordinance, Instant Respawn, Perks, Join in Progress, the Boltshot, and much much more!) that totally overshadowed those improvements.

With some serious tweaking this game could be amazing....but I seriously doubt that 343 will have the balls or the sense to swallow their pride and admit that a lot of their "new" ideas and changes are killing the game.

Get some more decent small maps into the game and remove even SOME of the bullshit problems and this game will be ALOT more fun. They could start by removing instant respawn (or at least give us the option to in customs!!!!), and replacing ordinance with static weapon spawns. But I can tell that this will not happen. Maybe in a new MLG/Hardcore playlist we will get something passable in a couple of months. That's the most I'm able to hope for really.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fucking 343 did a shit job with spartan ops. Worst lag i've ever seen in any game ever.
It's insane how bad it is. I classify it is literally unplayable. I've counted up to 3 seconds lag from me pulling the trigger to the bullet coming out. Ridiculous.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Swat is good for blowing off steam since its better if you got no teammates around but otherwise its pretty one dimensional. I really hope we get a tweaked slayer pro back.

Swat is good for blowing off steam since its better if you got no teammates around but otherwise its pretty one dimensional. I really hope we get a tweaked slayer pro back.

How is it one dimensional? No radar. No shields. No ordinances. Just you, your BR/DMR, and three other buddies trying to kill the other team with headshots. I'd say it's one of, if not the most skill based multiplayer modes.

How is it one dimensional? No radar. No shields. No ordinances. Just you, your BR/DMR, and three other buddies trying to kill the other team with headshots. I'd say it's one of, if not the most skill based multiplayer modes.
I agree. Nothing is more satisfying that competing in a nice evenly matched game of swat and squeaking out the victory. You always have to be alert and aware of your surroundings and it takes a lot more skill than just hoarding power weapons and staring at a radar. Not that the other game modes aren't fun as well, they just don't seem as meaningful I guess you could say.

Tunavi

Banned
343 killed this. 343 killed that. et cetera, et cetera. yadda yadda. boo hoo.
It is no longer exists. Happy?
I know, but to say Swat is more skilled than Slayer Pro is just silly.

I hope they know what they're doing when they bring it back as a playlist in January.
Ha, if you think its coming back in January, you're wrong. They said sometime in 2013, that means it could come back in fuckin december for all we know

Petrichor

Skill? It mostly boils down to who see's the other player first - not much skill in that.

It is no longer exists. Happy?

Ha, if you think its coming back in January, you're wrong. They said sometime in 2013, that means it could come back in fuckin december for all we know

Hopeful for January...

343i Halo Bulletin said:
To get to our preferred number of playlists, we will be removing Team Slayer Pro on Monday. We plan to bring it back next year, after we have time to fine-tune it and make it a more optimal competitive experience. We’ll talk more about that when the time gets closer – and that goes for Double Team, Grifball, the addition of more small maps into Matchmaking and the other things we have planned for early 2013 as well.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/12/12/The-Halo-Bulletin-121212.aspx

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

It doesnt have the push and pull of a regular game type. It definitely has its own brand of tension though. The quick kills (at least to me) make the game much simpler. Still fun though.

IHaveIce

Banned

Sounds pretty one dimensional.

SWAT devolved to a gametype where most of the players look for a spot to camp and just wait till they shoot in the head, with unlimited ammo.

SWAT is great for coming back to Halo and just relearning how to aim and everything, but it is not the most skill based multiplayer mode

It's insane how bad it is. I classify it is literally unplayable. I've counted up to 3 seconds lag from me pulling the trigger to the bullet coming out. Ridiculous.
It makes me feel better when I think of it as something akin to 'bullet time' from The Matrix. I can turn my view around wherever I want to line up the next shot (that won't hit anything).

You can always tell who's host by the guy with the most kills. 343 may have put a ton of hard work into the mode, but I'll be damned if I can see where it went. No scoring, no skulls, no customization of any kind, low chance of getting a game with a good connection, no theater...very disappointing.

Hindsight being what it is, I wish 343 would have just given us Reach's Firefight with better netcode, playlists that aren't just shit out then forgotten, and incorporate some multiplayer aspects into it like Ordnance. For instance:

-Start the game with a rifle and an automatic loadout, no AA. AA and weapon upgrades come in tiers, so you start off with relatively modest upgrades and work your way up to the big guns, powerups, and maybe even a resupply function for your loadout instead of the infinite ammo crates. Would have been a nice take on things, and 343 could have put their own stamp on it with the gametype changes and new enemy classes.

LosDaddie

Banned

I'd say about 10% of my Ops matches have been laggy. But yes, some matches have been bad.

SWAT is a good warm up playlist for me.

Top Bottom