• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Too bad it'll end up being one of the least played playlists like always.

Yep. I can see it happening.

I think part of the problem is calling it "XYZ Pro". I imagine that words it puts off a large percentage of average players. They probably would be better off calling it Slayer Classic or something similar.

Not having ranks display on your card (and the reason for it is rather asinine) is another reason the playlist population will be on the low side. People dont wanna use another device/another app/login to a website to check their rank. Its ridiculous.

AR, BR and DMR loadouts, I think move speed might have been 110%?

Yeah, I remember the speed being bumped up a bit.

Did they give you the magnum as secondary? They did right?

Anyway, I haven't paid much attention to AGL Halo, but are they essentially using the MLGv1 settings?

EDIT: Just watched a bit of the stream, looks like they are

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, I remember the speed being bumped up a bit.

Did they give you the magnum as secondary? They did right?

Anyway, I haven't paid much attention to AGL Halo, but are they essentially using the MLGv1 settings?

EDIT: Just watched a bit of the stream, looks like they are
I like what they've done with Relay. There's still the issue of the outer ring (with glass lol), but it's a vast improvement over the default version.

Tawpgun

At this point its hard not to sound like a broken record but this game is seriously unplayable. There is no joy to be had playing this game in an even semi serious manner.

Exactly.

I can still play this game with a group of friends for funsies, because its just dicking around with awesome people.

But the moment you try and play to win, game becomes infuriating.

anybody see the chapter 7 video yet? i wanted to come here (and lurk, lol) to read some discussion on it. seemed pretty interesting. i love all the halsey stuff, takes me back to the books.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
anybody see the chapter 7 video yet? i wanted to come here (and lurk, lol) to read some discussion on it. seemed pretty interesting. i love all the halsey stuff, takes me back to the books.

The Halsey stuff has actually confused me in Halo 4 because of Glasslands (Glasslands spoilers below):

In Glasslands (which takes place after Halo 3), Halsey's with Mendez and Blue Team on their Forerunner planet. Now she's back with the UNSC in Halo 4, but Blue Team's nowhere to be found in Halo 4's campaign AND Spartan Ops. What gives?

Keep in mind, I didn't finish Glasslands and haven't read Thursday War and I'm guessing my confusion gets answered in one of those books.

Kibbles

How do you join matches that haven't started yet? I thought I remember you could back out if it shows actual people and not "incoming player" but it never lets me back out.

[edit] lol nvm he conveniently shows that in the video as well.

exYle

The Halsey stuff has actually confused me in Halo 4 because of Glasslands (Glasslands spoilers below):

In Glasslands (which takes place after Halo 3), Halsey's with Mendez and Blue Team on their Forerunner planet. Now she's back with the UNSC in Halo 4, but Blue Team's nowhere to be found in Halo 4's campaign AND Spartan Ops. What gives?

Keep in mind, I didn't finish Glasslands and haven't read Thursday War and I'm guessing my confusion gets answered in one of those books.

Nope. Their absence is completely unexplained.

Maybe they get assimilated into the S-IVs and form their own squad

Nowise10

whYKTf5.png

Totally didnt mean to post this in the Halo OT. photoshop skillz.

Nowise10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tki10nI-nTg&feature=youtu.be

Decided to hit Halo 4 Grifball again. 3rd game tonight, 2nd time playing Grif Halo 4 edition. What a damn joke it is.

The team that scores the point, is the team that is very very likely to get the ball when it spawns. When they get the ball when it spawns, they now have a much higher chance at scoring. Its a repeat cycle. Score point, pick up ball, score point.

What makes this worse is, i guess 343/the people at Grifhub decided that having 15 minute rounds would be a good idea (yeah, that surely wont be abused by full teams), so The team goes and hides with the ball, as the 3 other members begin going after kills. My attempt at taking down the ball guy falls, As he is standing in their spawn zone, and the enemies can instant spawn. it almost is impossible.

10 minutes of getting killed? Nope. And then I left the game. Grifball pro (yeah, because being fair and ballanced is considered pro now) is a very good time. However, default grifball is just pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tki10nI-nTg&feature=youtu.be

Decided to hit Halo 4 Grifball again. 3rd game tonight, 2nd time playing Grif Halo 4 edition. What a damn joke it is.

The team that scores the point, is the team that is very very likely to get the ball when it spawns. When they get the ball when it spawns, they now have a much higher chance at scoring. Its a repeat cycle. Score point, pick up ball, score point.

What makes this worse is, i guess 343/the people at Grifhub decided that having 15 minute rounds would be a good idea (yeah, that surely wont be abused by full teams), so The team goes and hides with the ball, as the 3 other members begin going after kills. My attempt at taking down the ball guy falls, As he is standing in their spawn zone, and the enemies can instant spawn. it almost is impossible.

10 minutes of getting killed? Nope. And then I left the game. Grifball pro (yeah, because being fair and ballanced is considered pro now) is a very good time. However, default grifball is just pathetic.

Jesus christ you whine a lot. Have you ever played Griffball? There was always abuse. People not scoring, getting kills. For 5 full rounds it worked out at nearly the same amount of time as it is now.

People are complaining about "unbalanced" Grifball? Dafuq...
My thoughts exactly. o_O
Played it yesterday with a buddy of mine, laughed my ass off. Such a silly mode.
The best part was the standoffs with the enemy.

Me opposite the enemy.
We both have Hammers.
Sloooowly walking towards each other and then SLAM.

Hahaha. Amazing. Managed to have that a couple of times during the night.
Good times.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Spoilers for both books:

Well in Glasslands they cart Halsey off as a war criminal, so I think her time with Mendez and blue team is done with, there's no reason for them to be in her story any more. In Thursday War we stay on Onyx a little bit but mainly it's about the forerunner stuff and ONI setting up there. Halsey's only in the book briefly, she's mostly offstage and the book proper is about civil war on Sanghelios and kilo 5.

tbh I'd be happy with another series about blue team, maybe seeing them meet up with John now he's home. I love the Spartan IIs and the damaged little IIIs. But the Kilo 5 stuff is awesome too

This thread barely moved in a month. If this shit was BLOPS it would have been 300 pages longer.
I enjoy playing the game and have nothing negative - at least nothing that would justify me writing about it.
Campaign on Legendary, currently at chap. 4
Spartan Ops Legendary with my buddy (we're on ep 4)
and multiplayer on and off when I grab the time. So I'm good.
But yea, the lack of general
positive
enthusiasm for the game is somewhat depressing. But it is what it is...

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I enjoy playing the game and have nothing negative - at least nothing that would justify me writing about it.
Campaign on Legendary, currently at chap. 4
Spartan Ops Legendary with my buddy (we're on ep 4)
and multiplayer on and off when I grab the time. So I'm good.
But yea, the lack of general
positive
enthusiasm for the game is somewhat depressing. But it is what it is...

There's a really good game buried in here. Just wish they'd get to it already

Tawpgun

This thread barely moved in a month. If this shit was BLOPS it would have been 300 pages longer.
The Halo OT moves at lightning speed (we're on OT14 and thats not counting the 7 Reach OT's we went through before that.)

Also people have every right to complain about unbalanced grifball. Its far from MLG, but the mode is still competetive. There are leagues and tournaments set up for it.

But Grifballhubs settings and maps are different than regular matchmaking.

Tawpgun

How is it not. Under the right settings it plays really well. High level grifball games are a blast to watch.

It's no MLG, but MLG players looking at grifball is probably similar to pro quake players looking at halo

rvy

Banned
Will you please stop auto-switching the language for the Spartan Ops episodes? I'm not from fucking Brazil, I'd rather listen to English voice-acting. Jesus.

competetive

8zj1U5Z.gif

But I agree. Grifball is very competitive actually. Funny how it's reversed:

-Grifball has equal starts, you know what you're up against and there's little randomness.
-Slayer has unequal starts, good luck guessing what your enemy has with Personal Ordnances and there is so much randomness.

Shame on you for actually enjoying a critically acclaimed game that the turbonerds here hate.

Haha now just as I say that I will bitch about there being no objectives in BTB. I enjoy the game much more than BLOPS2 but I play BLOPS2 more because I can get in some 9v9 objective type games.
=/

Fuchsdh

Forward Unto Dawn Fiction and Campaign Co-Op Night Concludes

HaloFudSpoilers.jpg

What?

Forward Unto Dawn concludes its co-op playthrough of the game's campaign, and all are welcome! This week is final mission "Midnight". We're not going to be setting any speedruns--rather, the playthrough is an opportunity to discuss Halo's fiction, explore the levels, and experience the story to the fullest.

When?
Tonight, 01/29/13, at 8pm EST (UTC-5). Expect it to last about 90 minutes or a bit longer--we take the scenic route.

How?
Let me know you're interested in playing by sending my XBL account a message (the GT is Pixelfox). I'll start sending out invites five minutes before 8pm, and we should be on our way within ten minutes.

If you have any questions let me know here or shoot me a message! Hope to see you there.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You should mention you're taking question for KFranks here.

Oh right, good call.

Ok so I spoke to Kevin Franklin today and he has agreed to do an interview for HaloGAF Radio. Woohoo! I really appreciate it. I said that if Kevin agreed to do it, I would take questions straight from HaloGAF. So, here's your chance.

PM me any and all questions you have for Kevin. Reminder: Kevin is the Lead Multiplayer Designer on Halo 4. Here are some basic guidlines

-Don't waste your time with a stupid, obnoxious questions. They won't be asked and they're probably not funny to begin with. Example: "When are you going to fix Halo 4?"
-Don't ask about the TU and what it contains. For example "Will Boltshot be nerfed in the TU?" or "Will the BR get a buff in the TU?" He can't talk about it.
-Don't ask about updates, patches or added features coming to Halo 4 in the "distant" future. For example: "Will spectator mode be added at some point?" He can't answer that either.
-Don't ask about DLC. For example: "Are any of the new maps smaller than Haven?"

Here's what you CAN ask about:

-CSR
-Playlists
-Population
-Player feedback
-Anything else really but keep it focused to multiplayer

Some things that you should know:

-These questions will be asked anonymously unless stated otherwise by question asker
-The interview will be sometime in early-mid February
-If you come up with more questions after a while, feel free to them me the new ones too
-I hold the right throw away any questions I want.

I'll be posting a remind of this throughout the week.

Top Bottom