• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Can we not ask/answer campaign related questions in here? There exists a spoiler thread for stuff like that. I'm seeing things I wish I hadn't seen in here.

WJD

i still haven't played anything after Halo2. Should I, or just jump to 4?
Listen to these:
I'd recommend playing Halo 3. Campaign is fun and you're up to date with the previous trilogy. You can easily play it this weekend in preparation! That's what I'm doing.
I'd play Halo 3.
Ignore this:
Skip straight to 4. Halo 3's campaign isn't great, ODST and Reach are both terrible.

Sordid

Oh shit my Halo 4 is being processed, should be shipping later today. :D

From ShopTo? Nah, posted Saturday for a Monday/Tuesday arrival is most likely. They always process their stuff early, don't get too hyped!

My LE started processing yesterday but I don't expect it this week (although I'd love to be wrong!)

Popeck

Wait there's a Finnish localization? We never get our stuff localized, is it because we are decent in English(I'm Dutch)? Not that I prefer Dutch or anything. xD

Yeah, they've been translating all of the most recent 1st party games. It's just stupid that you can't change the language from the options of the game itself, instead you have to backtrack to the console level options.

Wait there's a Finnish localization? We never get our stuff localized, is it because we are decent in English(I'm Dutch)? Not that I prefer Dutch or anything. xD

If 343 has added Dutch as a language in Halo 4, I'm gonna be sooooooo mad. Can you imagine the chief in Dutch :lol

IHaveIce

Banned
Here's some gameplay from my perspective on Haven. I heard there's a cool assassination in there but otherwise I'm pretty bad.

na don't think you're pretty bad, you missed some easy or obvious kills and rushed sometimes too strong but it was solid gameplay.

The assassination was top notch.
German Halo is the worst. Sum Krieg!

Btw, I'm going to some stores tomorrow to see if they're already selling it. I'll let you know when I find anything!

Yeah our localization is terrible(German).

But I like our multiplayer call outs for Killing Spree and Killing Frenzy "Massaker" and "Amok"

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, they've been translating all of the most recent 1st party games. It's just stupid that you can't change the language from the options of the game itself, instead you have to backtrack to the console level options.

/facepalm
And here i thought Assassin's Creed III was an exception and had Finnish text.

Well, i keep my Xbox set to English so i don't have to see Finnish subtitles etc. Wouldn't be able to concentrate on the game itself otherwise....

EDIT this said, my friend will like this.

Sordid

Shopto have dispatched. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. I cannot wait to play this game, they hype is at critical levels.

They print their own postage labels so dispatched doesn't always mean it's actually in the post. Keep hype in check in case of disappointment (like I'm desperately trying to do :lol )

Edit: Gamestation are apparently sending out dispatch e-mails also, I can't a company that big posting it this early though.

From ShopTo? Nah, posted Saturday for a Monday/Tuesday arrival is most likely. They always process their stuff early, don't get too hyped!

My LE started processing yesterday but I don't expect it this week (although I'd love to be wrong!)

Apparently Shopto are shipping for monday. Someone I know just called them.

Woorloog

Banned
One question about multiplayer that is still unclear to me, do unlockable equipment have rank requirements or can i buy, say, the Lightrifle right away once i have enough Spartan Points for it?

Sordid

Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen something process for more than a day. Strange.

EDIT: Apparently Shopto are shipping for monday. Someone I know just called them.

Yup, they're processing the LEs early because they're hand packing them in 2 jiffy bags to avoid damage. We might get lucky but I can't see it, as long as it's not late I'll be happy though!

It will be more akin to Halo CE/2 because of the kill speeds and fast movement, but sprint is here to stay. Whether that's going to be a good thing or not remains to be seen.

Same for Halo 3. It's always its most popular when it just first comes out.

catfish,

David Ellis mentioned Spartan Ops being 2 player split. So if you have two TV and Xbox, it should be okay.
At least in HaloGAF, appreciation for Halo 3's campaign has only grown since release, especially post Reach.

Choc

Banned
Did everyone notice this shot?

i have a review build

SPOILER from this shot but if you must know

yes you fly a spaceship at one point in the game

H4-Campaign-Mission6-Pelican.jpg

2San

At least in HaloGAF, appreciation for Halo 3's campaign has only grown since release, especially post Reach.
I really need to play H3 again, I really recall Reach being a step up. I only played through the Halo games in co-op though. H:CE being the sole exception(and I didn't play H2 at all). The flood sections where such a drag in H3.
That's pretty interesting. MS does care about the smaller countries I guess.
If 343 has added Dutch as a language in Halo 4, I'm gonna be sooooooo mad. Can you imagine the chief in Dutch :lol
What's wrong with options? xD MasterChief in Dutch would be hilarious. MP would amazing in Dutch. "Doodentactulair"

Tokubetsu

Man the new shield/health regen sound effect is kinda creepy. It sounds like what I'd imagine skin sounds like if it grew back instantly...or something. Very textured? Sniper rifle sounds kinda weak though.

Top Bottom