• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Woorloog

Banned
You never know, all the tears produced over the CTF stuff might mean CTF Classic is added!

Well, i wouldn't give a shit.
I'll stick with iSlayer and Dominion.

Let's amend what i said though:
Day one fix patches are bad, day one feature updates are good.

Woorloog

Banned
Could you explan this a little bit more?

Game shouldn't have stuff to fix on day one.
Of course if something needs fixing, sure, fix it day one or not but in principle it is no good if a game needs a patch right away.

And this has gotten more and more common over the years... Addressing issues fast is good but it seems more games should be in testing for a bit longer nowadays.

Would you buy a car from a guy whose head is in the hood frantically fixing the radiator as he is trying to sell the car to you? Or would you rather buy a car from a person that is confident about his vehicle, already tested it thoroughly weeks ago and is throwing in a free car wash with the deal?

Perfect.

Just... why always car analogies?

Could you explan this a little bit more?
Would you buy a car from a guy whose head is in the hood frantically fixing the radiator as he is trying to sell the car to you? Or would you rather buy a car from a person that is confident about his vehicle, already tested it thoroughly weeks ago (and tested it daily anyway) and is throwing in a free car wash with the deal?

There a number of minor issues that are fixed in a Day One update. I will try to get a short, plain English list of these this week.

Has the thing where a "Kill from the grave" medal is given to someone too quickly (i.e. in a double-beatdown) been fixed (1 second rather than instantaneous) ? Or was it intentional?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Of course if something needs fixing, sure, fix it day one or not but in principle it is no good if a game needs a patch right away.

And this has gotten more and more common over the years... Addressing issues fast is good but it seems more games should be in testing for a bit longer nowadays.
Hello, welcome to software, please leave your ridiculous expectations at the door.

Woorloog

Banned
Hello, welcome to software, please leave your ridiculous expectations at the door.

I don't expect a perfect, bugless experience, this is impossible. What i expect is that there are no so obvious issues that somehow went unnoticed or unfixed before going gold.
And naturally i expect any bugs are patched.

Hey guys, I have a quick question that a friend needs clearing up:

Are you still unable to play multiplayer if your 360's harddrive is 4GB? I remember reading about some forced installation requirement for multiplayer a few months back and a friend is inquiring into whether or not that is still the case.

These are minor issues though. I'd imagine they prioritised the far more significant bugs above these when going through the last few weeks before going for certification or whatever.

As for car analogies, this just feels like the seller is giving the car a buff and shine on the day of launch. You could easily get away without doing it but the fact that you did makes it better for everyone.

I am curious to see the fix list though.

Been watching lots of footage recently uploaded. My hype right now is crazy, haven't had this feeling since Halo 3. Don't think I'll make it to Monday night haha.

Woorloog

Banned
These are minor issues though. I'd imagine they prioritised the far more significant bugs above these when going through the last few weeks before going for certification or whatever.

Delay release date by a month or so.

Had they done that, i could have played BLOPS2 till Halo 4...

Mr.Fresh

Hey guys, I have a quick question that a friend needs clearing up:

Are you still unable to play multiplayer if your 360's harddrive is 4GB? I remember reading about some forced installation requirement for multiplayer a few months back and a friend is inquiring into whether or not that is still the case.

8 gb install :(
He needs a flash drive like me.

I don't expect a perfect, bugless experience, this is impossible. What i expect is that there are no so obvious issues that somehow went unnoticed or unfixed before going gold.
And naturally i expect any bugs are patched.

How has that seemingly happened here though? How can you be so sure abut that rather than assume they used the time before going gold fixing far bigger or more serious bugs?

Woorloog

Banned
Armor Abilities in mlg oh god. Jetpack in MLG

lolno

Reach (MLG playlist)? It is a pickup there but anyway.

How has that seemingly happened here though? How can you be so sure abut that rather than assume they used the time before going gold fixing far bigger or more serious bugs?

I don't know what happened here. I just note how it looks like. Like that killcam fix. Also, if the game has so damn many bugs, then i could use a month or so more in testing, screw the release dates.

I don't think i'd do well in game industry, despiting very much liking the idea of being a game developer...

ZZMitch

This is probably and old thing but I have a quick question (Halo 3 spoilers)...

I may be forgetting something important from one of the Halo games, but
why are we fighting Elites? I thought they were allies now?

8 gb install :(
He needs a flash drive like me.
So it has been confirmed to still be the case?

Gosh, that's a load of bullshit. I have a 120GB so I'm still buying and looking forward to the game but I feel bad for my friend now. He was really looking forward to the game's multiplayer and now he can't play it without putting down an extra $80-100 on top of the game price.

S1kkZ

Gosh, that's a load of bullshit. I have a 120GB so I'm still buying and looking forward to the game but I feel bad for my friend now. He was really looking forward to the game's multiplayer and now he can't play it without putting down an extra $80-100.

a 16 gb usb stick costs 80 bucks?

ultron87

Gosh, that's a load of bullshit. I have a 120GB so I'm still buying and looking forward to the game but I feel bad for my friend now. He was really looking forward to the game's multiplayer and now he can't play it without putting down an extra $80-100.

Well you can install on a USB stick so it would really only be a 10 dollarish investment.

In Halo related news, I just read that Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski is going to be on Sportsnation today on ESPN wearing a Master Chief suit.

He can't pay like $10 for an 8gb usb stick?

I can tell you in about 15 minutes but first i have to cut off the 360 from the Internet.

vX6GA.jpg

They can't suspend you if you have a valid receipt.

Shadders

There a number of minor issues that are fixed in a Day One update. I will try to get a short, plain English list of these this week.

This is probably and old thing but I have a quick question (Halo 3 spoilers)...

I may be forgetting something important from one of the Halo games, but
why are we fighting Elites? I thought they were allies now?

This is covered in the books Glasslands and Thursday War, the short version is
that we are allies with Arbiter and most of the Elites, but there is a religious faction which still considers humanity (and the Arbiter) enemies.

Gosh, that's a load of bullshit. I have a 120GB so I'm still buying and looking forward to the game but I feel bad for my friend now. He was really looking forward to the game's multiplayer and now he can't play it without putting down an extra $80-100 on top of the game price.

woah there just buy a 16 gig flash drive. he will be fine. beaten badly lol.

Shadders

I can tell you in about 15 minutes but first i have to cut off the 360 from the Internet.

We are pretty close to launch now, I doubt anyone would be suspended for playing online with a legit copy.

Once copies are in shops (which they are) there are bound to be lucky people managing to buy it early.

IHaveIce

Banned
Reach (MLG playlist)? It is a pickup there but anyway.
Indeed it is a pickup like armor abilties should have been to begin with, to spawn with such a thing is just stupid.

Slayer Pro is the better mlg confirmed.

But hey in the beginning of reach even armor lock was in mlg lol

Spitz

We are pretty close to launch now, I doubt anyone would be suspended for playing online with a legit copy.

I will not risk this my account and my 360 they are like a holy grail to me. To much time an d money invested into to take it on a risk like this.

wwm0nkey

They can't suspend you if you have a valid receipt.

They can and they will, you will get unbanned but most sane people would rather avoid that.

Also talking to a lot of support members yesterday have NOT going online until release date is the best option and that playing offline on a temp account is pretty much the only thing you can do for now.

Top Bottom