• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

This one does sound better. Don't get me wrong, I do (did) enjoy the series, but every Halo that came after the first one had a de ja vu feeling to it, in my honest opinion. It just felt to similar.

Halo 4 looks like it does something new (hopefully, based on the reviews.) Saying it's better than Bungie's efforts is a bold statement.

So much material to watch, read, take in, etc. Machinima stream is distracting me though..

These pictures from Gamersyde are awesome though

LGEwM.jpg

qQkv1.jpg

exYle

I just watched Machinima's video review. I'm a big fan of Kovic so I thought it was a really well written piece. If you can ignore the big glaring 10/10!!!! I'd highly recommend giving it a watch. Slight location and QTE spoilers.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Meltdown looks like a blast now that I've seen some gameplay on it. And that was my second least hyped-for map.

V Fucking dumb. Regular FFA please.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Disappointing classic BTB is only in Infinity form. I'll probably stick to Dominion, CtF, and Slayer Pro. Flood for those times I'm not all the way sober.

Well, Knights come in different variations like Elites but aside from that I think so.

Well, damn. I was expecting being able to size up the hierarchy or order of the Prometheans like you could with the Covenant in previous games just by going on enemy types.

Maybe Knights are the only major type left of the race?

TUROK

All the reviews keep talking about how awesome the weapons sound, but I'm not really getting any of that in the footage. The AR sounds better in Reach, the BR sounds better in Halo 2, and the sniper rifle and pistol sound better in Halo Anniversary.

I was expecting Killzone 3 levels of badass weapon sounds.

The DMR does sound better than the Reach one, though.

Is there a gravity hammer assassination Halo 4?

I will say one thing, Spartan Ops has some noticeably ugly 2D backdrops.

Otherwise the game looks freaking insane visually. And on top of that, Spartan Ops looks really cool.. I think it will end up delivering something awesome.

Pop

All the reviews keep talking about how awesome the weapons sound, but I'm not really getting any of that in the footage. The AR sounds better in Reach, the BR sounds better in Halo 2, and the sniper rifle and pistol sound better in Halo Anniversary.

Sounds through videos aren't the best way to gauge the sounds of H4.

Squire

Banned

I thought they sounded fantastic in Frankie's demo from Eurogamer Expo.

Nope. At launch all of the playlists contain only one gametype, and then you vote on the map.

You vote for the map. You already know going in what gametype you will be playing.

Map only, playlists only have 1 gametype (thank goodness). Also, once you cast your vote, it's locked in (again, thank goodness).

Got it. I haven't bothered looking at all the Playlists, I assumed there would be some sort of "mixed" playlist, but I guess not.

Though I expect the less popular playlists get combined into a Team Tactical-esque list later on.

Biggzy

Those graphics

mother-god-meme.jpg

O course I want to see for myself how the game plays, but 343i really have hit it out the park in terms of presentation it seems.

so happy to see it was well received...as if there was any doubt.

im not watching any video reviews or even looking at any new screenshots. i feel like i already know too much :x i cant wait for friday for the last FUD episode and then next week when its finally here..

Fjordson

Enjoying this Machinima stream. Probably won't be a surprise to most people, but as someone who's seen almost nothing past the E3 demo earlier this year, I'm really impressed by the visuals. Everything looks great.

Top Bottom