• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

They can and they will, you will get unbanned but most sane people would rather avoid that.

Also talking to a lot of support members yesterday have NOT going online until release date is the best option and that playing offline on a temp account is pretty much the only thing you can do for now.

MS can not do anything to you if you have a legitimate purchased copy with receipt. They have no choice but to let it go. They can control when the retailers get the game and when the online servers become active.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So it has been confirmed to still be the case?

Gosh, that's a load of bullshit. I have a 120GB so I'm still buying and looking forward to the game but I feel bad for my friend now. He was really looking forward to the game's multiplayer and now he can't play it without putting down an extra $80-100 on top of the game price.
If he has a desktop with a SATA cable, look into flashing Western Digital drives. Faster loading times than the retail drives, cheaper.

ZZMitch

This is covered in the books Glasslands and Thursday War, the short version is
that we are allies with Arbiter and most of the Elites, but there is a religious faction which still considers humanity (and the Arbiter) enemies.

Ah I see thanks. I really need to give the other Halo books I try I have only read the original three.

MS can not do anything to you if you have a legitimate purchased copy with receipt. They have no choice but to let it go. They can control when the retailers get the game and when the online servers become active.

Wouldn't you have to show them the receipt? You'd probably still get banned and then disprove them. Seems like more hassle than it's worth.

I'm sure people are throwing all the doritos and mountain dews they have at IGN for the market/pr speech in their review, but dabgum that video review has my hype levels through the roof especially since Ryan McCaffrey is Halo fan. Kinda reminds me of the hype that I got when Hilary Goldstein reviewed Halo 3.

wwm0nkey

Microsoft has a whitelist set up right now where only approved gamer tags are allowed on. We also have no idea when this list goes away but until it does they have been banning legit users, there was even a thread here with someone who had a real copy getting banned.

Rev3rb

Now that there's drop-in-drop-out matchmaking, does the matchmaking system take into account how far along the game is?

Jump into a game in BF3 - map loads - game over "you lose" lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Microsoft has a whitelist set up right now where only approved gamer tags are allowed on. We also have no idea when this list goes away but until it does they have been banning legit users, there was even a thread here with someone who had a real copy getting banned.

Who still hasn't provided me with a receipt...just eerie silence.

Is it super hard to find a Halo4 360 bundle? I sold my 360 about a year and a half ago. I think I'll jump back in, if I can find one of these bundles.

Raide

Now that there's drop-in-drop-out matchmaking, does the matchmaking system take into account how far along the game is?

In the livestream yesterday, they mentioned it would let you join but have some settings where you won't join in the lass minute or so.

GavinGT

Banned
So I heard crouch-jumping is gone. What a weird thing to remove. Though I guess it'd be weird to double-tap B every time you want to crouch-jump.

Hey You

Yeah, I'm sure if it's close to game end it won't throw you into a game. If I remember correctly, you will be able to toggle a setting that can prevent you joining already in progress games.

Beaten.

Rev3rb

In the livestream yesterday, they mentioned it would let you join but have some settings where you won't join in the lass minute or so.

Yeah, I'm sure if it's close to game end it won't throw you into a game. If I remember correctly, you will be able to toggle a setting that can prevent you joining already in progress games.

Beaten.

Good to hear, thanks!

S1kkZ

I knew it, I am going to order the english version even if I already ordered the German LE.
-.- why Frankie!

jetzt mach dir mal keinen kopf. die deutsche synchro scheint (ausgehend vom gamepro review video) sehr gut zu sein. ein desaster wie bei odst oder halo 3 scheint es jedenfalls nicht zu sein.

Spitz

I knew it, I am going to order the english version even if I already ordered the German LE.
-.- why Frankie!

My UK Limited Edition is coming next week from Amazon UK but i couldn't resist to the offer today. And i already have a buyer for the Austrian Version.

I'm actually kinda excited. For such a big release this actually kinda snuck up on me, as life has been pretty busy and I've mostly been playing on the PC these days when I have time.

But Halo co-op campaign has totally been a big part of my gaming history and always a really nice thing to come back to. I have a particular buddy of mine who I've played all the campaigns with and while he doesn't really game anymore we still make the time to play through the Halo campaigns when they come out. I don't really expect to try MP that much, but I might dip my toes in for a bit from time to time. But yeah, it's still all about that co-op for me, as long as Halo games keep coming out with co-op and fun combat sandboxes I'll keep buying them.

Pezking

jetzt mach dir mal keinen kopf. die deutsche synchro scheint (ausgehend vom gamepro review video) sehr gut zu sein. ein desaster wie bei odst oder halo 3 scheint es jedenfalls nicht zu sein.

It could have the best localization ever, and I'd still prefer to play it in it's original language. It's just a matter or personal preference, not of the quality of the localization.

And you won't hear Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter in german.

S1kkZ

It could have the best localization ever, and I'd still prefer to play it in it's original language. It's just a matter or personal preference, not of the quality of the localization.

true. i am just glad that we might get a decent dubbing this time. i will still play the uk version.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow.

Just got a text message from the place where I ordered my Halo 4 LE, at the crazy-cheap €13 less than Standard Edition and Season Pass combined was just processed, and will be at my building tomorrow.

Can't get any better, right?

On the other hand, I fly tomorrow at 8:40 in the morning, and won't be back for two weeks on a last-minute surprise.

No biggie though, I honestly don't mind at all, but the timing was just too funny.

derFeef

That plays also a big part in it. I have done the double-game with Reach as well, was much better in English since you get some accents etc. I will give the German version to a buddy :)

haikira

Watching the IGN review was a mistake. The mistake being i'm ready to pull a Cartman, and freeze myself until the release. Up until now, i'd be surprisingly calm.

Glad the game is doing so well in the reviews. I was confident 343 were going to deliver something strong, but it seems like they've done that and far more.

Top Bottom