• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Spitz

For those that have purchased a legitimate copy of Halo 4 and have a receipt, you should have no concerns of being banned when playing on Xbox LIVE.

That is all.

Thx that is good news my old 360 arcade makes to much noise and is not connected to my 5.1 system. Switching to my 360 slim and my account immediate.

What receipt bullshit?
What if one does not want to expose who did the favor of giving the game before weekend?
Or what if one has a sexual relationship with the storeowners daughter and got the game for free?
This receipt thing does not compute at all!!

I am on my way back home after a quite big journey to secure the game discs.
I am delivering the other 5 copies to my friends and in a few hours we go in.
If microsoft wants to see their greek offices blown up, it be a good idea to ban us for playing h4 tonight..!

:O

Gotta be kidding, I've been careful and the only footage of Halo 4 I've seen since the game was announced is the E3 demo, and now it's been ruined for me. Feels bad

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
What receipt bullshit?
What if one does not want to expose who did the favor of giving the game before weekend?
Or what if one has a sexual relationship with the storeowners daughter and got the game for free?

If microsoft wants to see their greek offices blown up, it be a good idea to ban us for playing h4 tonight..!

VIDEOGAMES

feel

For those that have purchased a legitimate copy of Halo 4 and have a receipt, you should have no concerns of being banned when playing on Xbox LIVE.

That is all.
The unbanning process is certainly not quick, why put people through the hassle? I know that having stores not respect your sacred date must suck, but why manipulate the excited fans into screwing over the stores? You (MS) should be finding ways to be taking care of the stores and pirates behind the scenes, not in such public way putting a stain of what seems like the lauch of a fantastic game. There's 5 days to go, just let people play, it's just a videogame people are excited about. MS is not looking good here.

This is admittedly easy to say because I pay next to no attention to Halo, but don't let spoilers get you down. It's annoying that it fucks up that first time through, but it doesn't affect your long-term enjoyment of a game (or movie, book, etc.).

Should absolutely still be perma-bannable but just try to take the long view of them when you happen to get spoiled on something.

Homeboyd

I've read probably 10 different endings for this game. The only positive thing I can think that can come from that is that while one of them may be accurate, I don't know which one and therefore I remain somewhat unspoiled. Because... it's just like me guessing a bunch of random endings on my own and one of them turning out to be true.

Take solace in knowing that he's likely full of shit.

Either way, hope he gets snatched in a bear trap.

Tunavi

Banned
3887139_o.gif

Thinking of jumpin back into the 360 arena with getting the halo 4 bundle. I have an old xbox live 30 day card. Will that allow me to play spartan ops? or no?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd rather not anyone even comment on whether that was real or fake to give any validation either way.

But I'm saddened now. I should've known better to stay out of the OT until release but the hype machine got me :(

GavinGT

Banned
In preparation for Halo 4 multiplayer, I decided I wanted to try the Ben Heck project where he put the guts of a 360 controller into a Duke controller. After talking to an authority on the subject, I learned that it would either take a ludicrous amount of work or would cost me about $1000 to have it made. So, I decided instead to just mod the 360 controller shell to feel as close to the Duke as possible.

Since those chunky handles are what gives the Duke its trademark feel, I went ahead and transplanted them onto a 360 controller. I took the Duke backplate and chopped it down until the handles could be roughly aligned with the frontplate of the 360 controller. I kept the battery pack portion of the 360 backplate in order to both house the battery pack and hold everything in place. Here's the (not quite) finished product:

l4Y5L.jpg

XHBYA.jpg

hrENv.jpg

It's not much to look at, but it feels basically identical to the Duke. Plus, it maintains the superior control scheme of the 360 pad. The joysticks from the Duke just pop right in, and they're a big improvement for FPS gaming in my opinion.

The tape is there to cover up the gaps in the plastic that occur along the seams, rather than to hold it all together. My next step is to replace that pesky battery pack with a lithium ion battery that can be smoothly integrated within the shell itself. That damn thing is always getting in the way.

feel

And to the spoiler guy: Bitch please, you would need way more than something I could have come up with 6 months ago myself to spoil me. It's fake or at least I have no way of telling if it's real, so nice try.

LiK

I'd rather not anyone even comment on whether that was real or fake to give any validation either way.

But I'm saddened now. I should've known better to stay out of the OT until release but the hype machine got me :(

it didn't matter, he made a new thread for it. everyone who checked out the main page saw it as well (including me). the thread is deleted

Let this be a reminder to anyone feeling the urge--even posting fake spoilers will get you banned. And I'm not talking pithy "I'll be back in 3 months" bullshit, either.

was it a perm? please say yes

I stayed out of the OT all together only to be seeing the "spoiler" from NeoGAF new threads twitter account...Nowhere is safe

anyone know why i cant save? anyone else have this problem? it just means i have halo 4 but i cant play it online to even test if that will work as i dont want to be banned and Dubai doesnt give the same kinda receipts you get in US/UK places - i.e. it doesnt say halo on it...

anyone know why it just wont let me save offline?

What receipt bullshit?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43727453&postcount=733

I'm going to be pissed if that asshole who created a topic spoiling the game was an actual spoiler. -__________- Holy fucking hell, I hope he got perm'd.

Top Bottom