• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Sanjuro

I mean, I'm not knocking people who don't shut it off. It's just one of those things one day I looked at my controller and said, "Why?"

I can understand people not even noticing it anymore as well.

Pavaloo

Speaking of that, does anyone here actually play with rumble during online play? It feels like a gimmick that has run it's course IMO.

lol I play with rumble on at all times. Since N64 baby, woo!1

Edit: Rumble is good feedback plain and simple. In SP it can do great things for immersion as well.

ultron87

Speaking of that, does anyone here actually play with rumble during online play? It feels like a gimmick that has run it's course IMO.

I keep it on since I like to believe it helps my reactions or something. Also, since I play split screen a lot it can help me know if the off-screen explosion I heard was close to me or from the other screen.

U2NUMB

I mean, I'm not knocking people who don't shut it off. It's just one of those things one day I looked at my controller and said, "Why?"

I can understand people not even noticing it anymore as well.

Hummm I think tonight I am gonna turn it off globally and then go play a few games. I want to know if I miss it. Very curious to find out and I would not doubt that I never look back.

Challenge accepted!

Syriel

Didn't see this mentioned in the OP. Disc 2 content can be gotten from Live. Good news for renters.

WorthPlaying said:
One aspect we haven't touched on is the hard drive space required for Forge, Spartan Ops and War Games. While the campaign can be played off the disc, the Forge and War Games content requires a 2 GB install. Spartan Ops season one requires a 1.5 GB install. Both of these can be installed from disc two, but players also have the option of downloading them, free of charge, via Xbox Live, if you don't have the second disc handy. This may seem like a minor point, but it's a big deal to those who rent games via Gamefly or Redbox. As long as you have an Internet connection, you can access all of Halo 4's multiplayer content.

http://worthplaying.com/article/2012/11/1/reviews/87416/

thought the first season was on the disc and 343 just unlocked it weekly.

At 1.5 GB, I'm assuming the whole season is in that initial download and content is just unlocked each week.

You can't download it if you're Silver. Gold required yo

It's not a matter of downloading (you can always install from Disc 2). It just won't let you connect to a Spartan Ops lobby if you're not Gold. There is no local option for Spartan Ops like there is War Games.

its not fair when it available to everyone else. this isn't multiplayer. As a campaign experience and an ambitious one at that silver members should be able to play.

Anywhere else it's content you'd be paying for.

Yup! Frank/David from 343 have commented that due to the difficulty of the new enemies combined with learning how to combat them that normal is recommended for the first play through.

Up until now in the series it's been, "Oh! Grunt -> Elite -> Brute -> Hunter! I know how to fight these!" and with the Prometheans it's a completely new battle.

It's not that new. ;) It shouldn't take anyone more than a minute or two to figure out which glowies need to be taken out first and which can wait until later.

Syriel

I can't stand to watch pre-release Halo 4 gameplay anymore. I already know I'm getting the game, and I know everything I need to about multiplayer and the maps. Watching these people play the game is so frustrating since they are all horribly bad. 343's stream yesterday while a nice gesture, was straight up terrible. I can't fathom how game developers are always so incredibly bad at their games. At one point in the stream yesterday, they commented on how Kynan Pearson (close enough) worked on the map Complex and it would be embarrassing if he lost. He then proceeded to sprint into the side of a box for a good three seconds...

Just because you build something doesn't mean you're a master at using it. Different skillsets. Think of it this way, would you expect a mechanic to be a master race car driver? Nope. But you also wouldn't expect a race car driver to know every single detail of his engine.

Isn't this like the opposite of an online pass? I'm surprised.

You still need Gold to play Spartan Ops or go online with War Games, but yes, you are correct. Halo 4 doesn't have any sort of "online pass" requirement.

New, used, rented...as long as you have Gold and an original copy of Disc 1, you can get online and play. You don't miss any of the experience.

I know some folks were wondering about that because Redbox is only putting disc 1 in the kiosks.

So looking at a regular edition unboxing (I know...), is the hideous safety warning thing printed onto the back of the cover or is that removable?

Can you give a brief overview please? I don't want to watch the video due to possible Spartan-Ops spoilers.

Yeah, basically he's just showing some footage, comparing it to Firefight, a few complaints about how the story so far doesn't feel as good as the main campaign, but that it may in fact get better as it goes along with future episodes, much like Forward Unto Dawn didn't really take off until acts 2 and 3. It's not very spoilery at all. Lots of love and a couple complaints. Not bad.

Raide

Yeah, basically he's just showing some footage, comparing it to Firefight, a few complaints about how the story so far doesn't feel as good as the main campaign, but that it may in fact get better as it goes along with future episodes, much like Forward Unto Dawn didn't really take off until acts 2 and 3. It's not very spoilery at all. Lots of love and a couple complaints. Not bad.

Cool. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am interested to see how the draw about the series into 50 episodes without having to do too much filler. Actually, a few episodes as the Covenant would be awesome. :D

As a side thing, since Ops is supposed to be weekly, do we have a Day/Time for it each week?

Pavaloo

Just because you build something doesn't mean you're a master at using it. Different skillsets. Think of it this way, would you expect a mechanic to be a master race car driver? Nope. But you also wouldn't expect a race car driver to know every single detail of his engine.

Agreed, good analogy.

Seance

Banned
Your online purchase status: Order ready for pickup Step 3 of 3

Dear Sean Gray,

The following item is ready for collection from the following store:

St Lukes
Shop 42
St Lukes Shopping Centre
Auckland

To view a map of the store location please click here.

Items ready for collection
105520 HALO 4 XB360 1

Hmmmm, gonna pop round after work. There's surely no way they can't give me my copy now after this?

So there was a account suicide with spoilers? Damn =/

This was amazing. That move he did with throwing the ball so the guy couldn't shoot him was awesome.

Mission spoilers, no plot details:

You don't drive the Mammoth, so you could argue that it is on rails, but you're free to leave the Mammoth either on foot or in a 'Hog. In fact you have to leave the Mammoth at some points. In that particular mission the Mammoth is like a mobile base, you go and do your thing and keep coming back to get ammo or replace your 'Hog gunner because you got the other one killed.

Man, thats one of the "new" vehicles?

Halo 4 MLG settings:

Game Types

Team Slayer:

Abandon

Haven

Relay

Solace

Capture The Flag

Relay

Solace

Adrift

Infinity Slayer

Infinity Slayer Options

Betrayal Points = -10 Points

Suicide Bonus = -10 Points

Respawn Settings

Respawn Time = 5 Seconds

Suicide Penalty = None

Betrayal Penalty = None

Death Cam = Disabled

Ordnance

Infinity Settings

Minimum Timer = 120 Seconds

Maximum Timer = 120 Seconds

Capture The Flag

Score to Win = 5

Time Limit = 30 Minutes

Capture The Flag Options

Flag Return Time = (Adrift & Relay= 3 Seconds) & (Solace = Never)

Flag Reset Time = 15 Seconds

Flag at Home Requirement = (Adrift & Relay = Yes) & (Solace = No)

Overtime Length = 2 Minutes

Respawn Settings

Respawn Time = 10 Seconds

Suicide Penalty = None

Betrayal Penalty = None

Death Cam = Disabled

Ordnance

Infinity Settings

Minimum Timer = 120 Seconds

Maximum Timer = 120 Seconds

Personal Ordnance = Disabled

All Game Modes

General Settings

Friendly Fire = Enabled

Betrayal Booting = Disabled

Team Changing = Not Allowed

Map Loadouts = Disabled

Loadout Usage = Game Loadouts

Game Loadouts

Loadout Alpha

Primary Weapon = DMR

Secondary Weapon = Magnum

Armor Ability = Thruster Pack

Tactical Package = Resupply

Support Upgrade = Dexterity

Hide Loadout = Not Hidden

Loadout Beta

Primary Weapon = DMR

Secondary Weapon = Bolt Shot

Armor Ability = Jet Pack

Loadout Gamma

Primary Weapon = DMR

Armor Ability = Hologram

Loadout Delta

Primary Weapon = Battle Rifle

Secondary Weapon = Bolt Shot

Armor Ability = Thruster Pack

Loadout Epsilon

Primary Weapon = Battle Rifle

Armor Ability = Jet Pack

Traits

Base Player Traits

Equipment

Sensor Mode = Nothing

Movement

Player Speed = 110%

Appearance

Waypoint = Visible to Allies

Personal Ordnance

D-pad

Left-----------------------Middle--------------------Left

Plasma x2--------------------SAW-------------------Speedboost

Pulse x2---------------------Needler-----------------Overshield

Frag x2 ---------------------Beam Rifle--------------Damage boost

Energy Sword--------------Sniper Rifle

Gravity Hammer------------Rail Gun

Concussion Rifle-----------Sticky Detonator

Scattershot

Shotgun

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/competitions/48#event_127_game-types-and-settings

Wouldn't have thought they'd go with so many power weapons in the personal ordnance drops.

That sounds pretty interesting for MLG.

Spartan Ops Episode 1 Review - http://youtu.be/QnKf1FV8LEE

Damn, there is some nice variety in the first set of missions. I will say, it seems most people who have played it say the story in the missions is a bit lacking, but I guess time will truly tell.

Plasma

Banned
Just want to give a big fuck you to whoever the see you next tuesday was who posted a thread with a spoiler in the title. It popped up while I was looking through my twitter log on the train back from work.

I actually thought the same thing going into this generation but after getting my PS3 with the non-rumble Sixaxis I realized I liked it way more than I thought.

Also, can anyone tell me what the TOTAL storage space I will need on my HDD to install both discs? That also reminds me I have a 120gb HDD I am looking to get sell or trade of if anyone is interested. I figured Id ask here first with the mandatory install before I go to the Buy, Sell thread.

Cross-posting this from the other thread:

c0Fne.jpg

Quite a while back I said I'd like to send Reach out on a good note, and what better way to do it than with a Boom Ball marathon? If there is enough interest, I'll gladly host it.

When: Sunday, November 4th, 6pm - 8pm EST.
Who: You, Me, and whoever else is interested.

Let me know if you want to participate.

Top Bottom