• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Beat it on Legendary, co-op. I think it is the best Halo campaign.

343i's storytelling far, far, FAR surpasses Bungie. It would be hard to obtain a wider gap. That is the most notable improvement between the studios. Everything else was as expected. Very solid, very fun combat, very good AI, and some nice new enemies to fight. Ending was really good and very definite.

J-Roderton

Got the money to buy an Xbox on Monday, a case of PBR, and Lamb of God CD in the deck. Tuesday can't come soon enough. Time to fuck shit up.

Trey

5 days. Just enough time to consume all the Halo content I have access to.

Damn you, life and responsibilities.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just finished Cryptum. Last 4th of the book blew my mind, going to try Primordium right now even though I hear its difficult to get through. Wish me luck.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Here's a part of my Halo 4 review after many hours with the game.

cXmtO.png

Beat it on Legendary, co-op. I think it is the best Halo campaign.

343i's storytelling far, far, FAR surpasses Bungie. It would be hard to obtain a wider gap. That is the most notable improvement between the studios. Everything else was as expected. Very solid, very fun combat, very good AI, and some nice new enemies to fight. Ending was really good and very definite.

Level design? Any larger open levels like in previous games? The only criticism I've seen that actually has me concerned are the mentions of narrower more linear levels.

Naked Lunch

Its tough to find a clear, definitive answer on the net - but will Halo 4 have friendly fire enabled for online matchmaking?

I hope so.

Roche

Hey guys posted this in the other thread, didn't know it was about to be locked up thought I'd post it here instead.

Roche said:
Holy shit just won a Halo 4 "biggest fan" contest for Ireland, I'm invited to the launch and I get a Limited Edition copy of Halo 4 among other goodies. I just thought I'd post here to thank
Hydranockz for posting about the contest I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Thanks bro!

L1NETT

Good review Tashi, more balanced than the IGN one ;-)

Quick question, is Extraction a gametype playable at launch? Haven't seen it anywhere in the launch playlists.

GavinGT

Banned
Alright, I re-did my Duke-360 hybrid controller in a way that doesn't look like total garbage.

Looks like a 360 controller, feels like a Duke.

25eGa.jpg

vXe41.jpg

The handles are straight off a Duke controller, and the tape is there to smooth over the imperfections from the transplant. I'm so ready to kick some ass with this thing online.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
After watching all these streams, I'm pretty confident I'll be buying the DMR before the BR.

Alright, I re-did my Duke-360 hybrid controller in a way that doesn't look like total garbage.

Looks like a 360 controller, feels like a Duke.

http://i.imgur.com/25eGa.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vXe41.jpg[IMG]

The handles are straight off a Duke controller, and the tape is there to smooth over the imperfections from the transplant. I'm so ready to kick some ass with this thing online.[/QUOTE]that is an unholy abomination

but whatever works

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You are correct, DMR takes a bit to get used to at real close fights but once you master it, it's godly. BR is a GOOD weapon though.
Yeah, totally. I'll probably roll with the BR in some of the small maps just for variety sometimes.

nillapuddin

After watching all these streams, I'm pretty confident I'll be buying the DMR before the BR.

Im going to be saving my points for awhile.

I dont think it will be worth it to use your points right away, since your loadout cannot even have all the options until SR-12

I dont think I will even attempt a full customized loadout until SR-20
The options provided with the game seem good enough for me, and it doesnt look like it will take very long really

*IDC if DMR is beast, Ive been staring at that shit for 2 years, avoiding it like the plague
at first

Shadders

CVG's statement in regards to Halo 4's Campaign.

"So, deep breath... Halo 4 is to Halo 3 what Halo 2 was to Halo 1."

I know they use it as a negative, but Halo 2 stands as my favorite Halo campaign.
Halo 2 fo lyfe! HYPE!

They're being silly anyway, Halo 4 campaign is great.

Top Bottom