• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Im going to be saving my points for awhile.

I dont think it will be worth it to use your points right away, since your loadout cannot even have all the options until SR-12

I dont think I will even attempt a full customized loadout until SR-20
The options provided with the game seem good enough for me, and it doesnt look like it will take very long really

*IDC if DMR is beast, Ive been staring at that shit for 2 years, avoiding it like the plague
at first
You crazy. The BR and DMR unlock at SR-2. I'll be ditching the AR after my first game or two.

Roche won? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
Ah well, have a great time sir!
Won what? Edit : Ah, saw it. Cool.

The one thing that a lot of the reviews have said that has me worried is that Halo 4 has too much old and not enough new with the sandbox (new enemies, weapons, etc). I bet I end up agreeing with that, but I still think Im going to like this game much much more than more recent outings.. I can't freaking wait.

Cetra

I can totally see Neil Davidge building more and more of the Halo theme into 117 as The Reclaimer Trilogy continues. There are so many parts of the classic Halo music in there already. Such a badass track. The OST overall is stunning work IMO.

IDK stinkles looking like more than 1% care about rank. I know it was just an arbitrary number, but a good amount of people do care. You guys can surpass Halo 2 multiplayer. Add the ranks.

Why am I seriously considering using my Wii U preorder credit for the Halo edition Xbox 360 so I can have this and that beautiful console and those beautiful controllers? Because I'm a gullible, impatient bastard.

BUT--

tBb3l.gif

Gronk? Cruz?
Are we talking about Gamer Energy Drinks or something?
Why am I seriously considering using my Wii U preorder credit for the Halo edition Xbox 360 so I can have this and that beautiful console and those beautiful controllers? Because I'm a gullible, impatient bastard.

BUT--

tBb3l.gif
I've had moments where I get an itch of "I should buy the Halo 4 console" and my conscience responds "But you've a perfectly working slim, it's not like you can do what you did last time and give it to your girlfriend. Spend the money on something else. Save it for a WiiU or Vita next year." "BBBBBuu"--"NO!"

Cetra

BUT--

tBb3l.gif

Eh, go for it. No need for a Wii U until Bayonetta 2 is available anyway. :D

Pop

IDK stinkles looking like more than 1% care about rank. I know it was just an arbitrary number, but a good amount of people do care. You guys can surpass Halo 2 multiplayer. Add the ranks.

Totally.

It's weird cause Blops 2 adds skill ranks and H4 ignores them.

BTW Blops 2 skill ranks look marvelous, super excited for them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sark:
>I'm out of ammo on both my guns.
>>runs towards enemies

That long distance rocket kill was cool, though.

Trey

Yikes. Here's to hoping its not THAT dry...

Just had it delivered to my kindle. Listing to some Halo 4 OST then diving in.

If it means anything, I'd read Primordium again. I can't say the same for certain other Halo novels.

Also, the ending of Primordium is an excellent payoff in its own right.

nillapuddin

You crazy. The BR and DMR unlock at SR-2. I'll be ditching the AR after my first game or two.

you dont understand my friend, your custom loadout at level 2 will be this

Primary: DMR
Secondary: MAGNUM
Nade: FRAG
AA: ...
Support: ...
Tactical: ...

you want to be rollin no AA?
Why not just wait a few levels and create a loadout that acutally uses all the game mechanics?

and how many of these matches have you seen where its all AR?
the default loadouts offer more than AR's

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Hmm, good point. I dunno, being able to ditch the AR might be worth it. That's a hard call to make.

Edit : Damn, these streams are so addicting! It's just like playing Halo -- "I'll just watch one more match." I need to rip myself away and actually do something with my day, haha.

Rev3rb

Why not just wait a few levels and create a loadout that acutally uses all the game mechanics?

and how many of these matches have you seen where its all AR?
the default loadouts offer more than AR's

I go with ditching the AR

Homeboyd

I, for one, would like to play Halo 4 today. How do I go about doing that?

Bout to text Gronk for a copy.

vvvv Read the second sentence.... :( I don't have a copy.

Zeal

Banned

BUT--

tBb3l.gif

Get the damn Halo 4 box.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
If it means anything, I'd read Primordium again. I can't say the same for certain other Halo novels.

Also, the ending of Primordium is an excellent payoff in its own right.

So far as far as Halo Books go I have read

Fall of Reach (twice, once in 2001, then the revised version before Reach launched)
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Halo Evolutions
Halo Cryptum

Hopefully I can power through it and get to the ending before Monday night.

Does the book tie in pretty closely in with Cryptum? From the description seems I am in for a main character change, was not expecting that.

PNut

Banned
Maybe down the road sometime they'll add some type of playlist like Arena in Reach. Hopefully better though.

Marco1

Sure do wish Amazon would ship my limited edition out early.

Same here, I have the lid console coming and can't wait to see it in the flesh.
I was going to get the matte black 250GB console and the game but the halo console comes with 2 controllers and 320GB HDD.

Sanjuro

I, for one, would like to play Halo 4 today. How do I go about doing that?

Bout to text Gronk for a copy.

vvvv Read the second sentence.... :( I don't have a copy.

Nah, just a joke from the other day. I mentioned the ESPN thing the other day and people got pissed.

Get the damn Halo 4 box.

I keep weighing the pros/cons of doing this.

Pros
-if I miss it now, I will be able to afford one again by the middle of January
-Halo 4
-Forza Horizon
-sexy Halo edition console and controllers
-be able to get Assassin's Creed III on Tuesday instead of @ Wii U launch
-same as above for Black Ops 2

Cons
-it's a new Nintendo console, must have precious
-don't like paying for Xbox Live
-no Wii U to play over the holidays
-no New Super Mario Bros. U
-I may go legitimately batshit insane when this thing launches and I can't have one and join the Niggalodeon cut committee
-I've owned too many 360's and get bored of them

So, while getting an Xbox wouldn't be a horrible idea, I just know that once the Halo 4 craze dies down, I may end up regretting it. I realize that I would be able to get a Wii U in a few months, but IMO there's nothing like a new Nintendo console launch.

I am undecided, but I have until Monday to make the call.

Top Bottom