• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What determines who gets an ordinance drop and what they get in it? Is it random or do you have to earn it through a killstreak?

The Personal Ordnance usually has a grenade, powerup and a power weapon. You choose with the D-pad which you want. It's not random and you don't get it through killstreaks. You fill up a meter by getting points in the match. You get points by doing a various amount of things which include gettings kills, assists, multikills, distractions and things like that.

Man

So so hyped. The gifs. The soundtrack. Going to a midnight launch on Monday. Tuesday is public holiday in Australia. It's destiny. Heroic here I come.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sprint and Armor Abilities? lol that's pretty Reach like to me.

AA doesn't really feel like reach IMO

I would say it feels like a different halo 2, sorta. Maybe. It's really hard to describe for me because it doesn't really feel like any halo game, kinda.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
kickin some ass online bruhz. However, now Im gonna start Spartan Ops.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
i really hope they reset the stats on Monday night.

Day 8 giveaway.
http://fleshandfaith.com/2012/11/03/...medium=twitter

Great hobby, bro.

romney-smile-o.gif

I use this gif any chance I get

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
In a few weeks it won't even matter. Let them keep their stats. Come on Dream, you're a grown ass man this shit shouldn't matter to you.
Yeah, there's only going to be a few thousand people who have the game early. The chances of going up against them after November 6 is minimal. And it's not like them having custom loadouts gives them a huge advantage. It's their knowledge of map design that'll really give them the upper hand, and that can't be erased.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
when it comes to halo, stats matter. gotta get more doritos i guess.

EvB

I don't know... a lot of stuff they're adding seems to be influenced by CoD....

Yeah like regenerating health, holding 2 weapons at a time and single button to throw a grenade. Those rip-off merchants!

I mean whatever next can they rip off from COD? The replay theatre, the party system, multiplayer matchmaking! The whole idea makes me literally sick. Bleurgh

Halo GAF -- as someone who has enjoyed the story of Halo in general and has had their interest in the universe spike as a result of playing through H4 SP (I had a press copy), what books should I check out? I know some of the later games have caused some to drop out of the canon or whatever, so what is good, relevant and particularly now? I understand some in particular will expand and explain bits of H4.

Man

I like how they actually implemented the eSports Red vs Blue multiplayer into the actual Halo universe and lore (as combat simulations onboard the Infinity).
It's not something completely off-hook anymore.

EvB

I mean like the drop in/drop out, camos, instant spawn, earning weapons over time, those kinds of things.

*Shakes fists* keep those popular/useful features out of my game, especially when they don't having any significant effect on the core gameplay!

Top Bottom