• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

NBtoaster

Had a scare for a minute, forgot I didn't have Xbox Live. Thought I used it a month ago, but I still have a free 48 hours that was included with ODST. Phew

Man

Fuck, I really really hope Theater mode makes it into the campaign via an update.
The dev should probably not have lightened that hope as I'm sure they removed it due to the new tech.

edit: Picking this up in four hours. Australia ftw.

Jjqda.jpg

Thank you ShopTo! (UK)

So what's the word on this game? I've played every Bungie game other than ODST, and I've even read the Halo expanded universe up until Ghosts of Onyx. But for whatever reason I haven't kept track of Halo 4's production at all.

Should this game please me? Does 343 do anything Bungie was unable to do? And similarly, are they unable to do things Bungie could?

WJD

Fuckkkk, I've got to wait around all day to sign for my LE but I've got the shits. If he knocks while I'm sat on the toilet I'm not being held responsible for what happens next.

El_Chino

Found this while blogging around, thought it was pretty good haha (I tried to quote it but didn't work):

T’was the night before Halo when all through the house Not a creature was stirring - not even a mouse.

The headsets were hung by the remotes with care In hopes that Masterchief soon would be there.

The players were nestled all snug in their beds While visions of melee-ing danced in their heads.

And Cortana in her circuits and I in my gear, Had just rested our hands for a long Infinity year.

When out on the map there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my spawnpoint to see what was the matter.

Away to my base I flew in a Ghost, tore away the Carbine And cursed at the host.

The moon on the breast of the new forming ennies, Gave a luster of midday to the Flood down below.

When what to my bloodshot eyes should appear But a brand new Warthog and new Forrunners to fear.

With Cortana going rampant and going insane I knew in a moment - get ammo and quick!

More rapid than needles his coursers they came And he whistled and shouted and called them by name.

Now Hunters! Now Jackals! Now Grunts and Elites! On Brutes! On Forrunners! On Floods little treats! To the top of crane! To the top of the wall! Now crash away, crash away, dash away all!

As dry shrapnel that after explosions fly When they meet with an obstacle mount to the sky So, up to the Sniper Roost, the coursers they flew With a Scorpion full of ammo knowing full what to do.

And then, in Solace I heard on the platform, The cursing and shrieking of each red/blue mourn. As I drew my light rifle and was turning around, Down the Masterchief came with a bound.

He was dressed all in armor from his head to his toe And it was tarnished and damaged from battles we know. A bundle of weapons he had flung on his back And I wanted to kiss him in spite of his sack.

His face, it was hidden, his mask was of gold He truly was a sight to behold. He had broad shoulders and confident stance. I thought to myself - gotta get some of those pants!

With a flick of his wrist and a swipe of his hand, 4 Plasma Grenades at my feet did land. And a Shotgun, a Rocket Launcher with ammo he laid down And I knew that a Mantis soon would be found!

Then tapping his mask with the tip of his gun I knew it was time to start having some fun He sprang to his Warthog - to his captors gave a whistle And away they all flew as if they were hit with a pistol.

But I heard him exclaim as they drove out of sight, Happy Halo to all - now finish the fight!!

2San

Mycom(Netherlands) canceled my Halo 4 limited edition pre-order. :| Have to buy it from a shop I guess. Anyone know a shop in the Amsterdam/Hoofddorp area that's selling today?

LordAlu

That looks pretty damaged to me.
Hmm, maybe it's that picture then... it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as that in natural light - it is certainly in much better condition than other cardboard ones I've had delivered like MW2 and FFXIII, and they're mainly just cardboard outer boxes, this entire thing is strong cardboard.

Are you sure? Looks like it got a bump on the right.
Yeah, where the cardboard is ever so slightly pushed too far down. It's barely noticeable in normal light, it shows up significantly under a flash though.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh cool, my postman didn't have the game, what the..
Probably tommorrow, he said.

BUT IN THE EMAIL FROM SATURDAY IT SAID MONDAY :mad:

I'm invited to an midnight launch here in hamburg though.. it better will be awesome.

Top Bottom