• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Oozer3993

Wait are you serious, I just cancelled my order like 5 minutes ago. My ship time was 2 days though, and it hadn't shipped yet. Is that normal?

For Tuesday release date delivery, Amazon sends out shipping notices late Sunday, early Monday. I have never gotten an item early from them with release date delivery though. I always get it on Tuesday, and usually late in the day.

GrizzNKev

Banned
For Tuesday release date delivery, Amazon sends out shipping notices late Sunday, early Monday. I have never gotten an item early from them with release date delivery though. I always get it on Tuesday, and usually late in the day.

So it'll still take until the end of the day Tuesday to get to me. Yeah no thanks, I'll go to gamestop.

Depends on the carrier for me. UPS usually hits my house around 2-3 PM. Fucking USPS gets here around 5-6 PM. I have class Tuesday from 9:30-12:20 so hopefully it's coming UPS. Still hasn't been changed to "shipping soon"...

I think two-day shipping is probably one-day shipping, but two-day price is what they want you to pay for release date delivery on pre-orders.. Whenever I've pre-ordered from Amazon in the past, they've sent out my game from Arizona late the day before it releases (I live in Vegas) so it arrives to the shipping facility early in the morning.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hey, someone who's played the game, I need help on Chapter 7. Spoilers obviously.

Ship crashed, and I'm in the space base now or whatever trying to rescue the scientists, and i found a small group of them in the loading bay or whatever, and Cortana keeps telling me to "Raise the shields before they [the covenant] can regroup", but I don't know where/how to raise the shields! :(

halp!

Microsoft emailed me saying the copy I ordered from them shipped today. Thought that was kind of weird. Hoping it gets here sooner than I expected.

UPS Ground. :/

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
In that case I will just leave the space free in rememberance of FireFight, Never Forget
Firefight is so damn boring though.

This horde mode stuff sounds kind of interesting in concept, but it's one of the most boring things that became super popular this generation.

So it'll still take until the end of the day Tuesday to get to me. Yeah no thanks, I'll go to gamestop.

Amazon usually ships to me the Monday before release day and UPS delivers it before 10:30 am. on Tuesday.

Microsoft emailed me saying the copy I ordered from them shipped today. Thought that was kind of weird. Hoping it gets here sooner than I expected.

If Forza Horizon is any proof, you should get it Tuesday.

Card Boy

Banned
Firefight is so damn boring though.

This horde mode stuff sounds kind of interesting in concept, but it's one of the most boring things that became super popular this generation.

I prefer Last Stand from Dawn of War 2. I like level ups and loot.

Same thing happened to me for Forza Horizon, and it came on launch day. I assume they use UPS Ground when the warehouse is pretty close to your house.

Tomat

So how many Americans who are registered to vote in here even going to remember to vote on Tuesday?

So how many Americans who are registered to vote in here even going to remember to vote on Tuesday?

I'm going first thing in the morning before work. Getting out the door at 7am, bleh.

I was all set to take time off but Sandy means this week is going to be a clusterfuck of getting everything back on track here in New York. I'll be lucky if I beat the campaign by the weekend...

Havok

Hey, someone who's played the game, I need help on Chapter 7. Spoilers obviously.

Ship crashed, and I'm in the space base now or whatever trying to rescue the scientists, and i found a small group of them in the loading bay or whatever, and Cortana keeps telling me to "Raise the shields before they [the covenant] can regroup", but I don't know where/how to raise the shields! :(

halp!
Spoilers, nobody else should highlight this.

At the end of the "dock" structure where you saw the Phantoms dropping in there is a button. Facing towards the docking bay door where the Phantoms entered the room, it's the dock on the right hand side of the room. Run out, hit the button, watch the fireworks.

Mine still says. "Not yet shipped".
I'm in SD California so I'm assuming it will ship early monday morning depending on the nearest Amazon warehouse location.

NBtoaster

My copy has shipped. Should arrive in about 15 hours.

Now, to take the day off and play or not...I assume MS realises it will be the 6th here and wont ban.

mcfrank

At the end of the "dock" structure where you saw the Phantoms dropping in there is a button. Facing towards the docking bay door where the Phantoms entered the room, it's the dock on the right hand side of the room. Run out, hit the button, watch the fireworks.

I got stuck for a while at this too. Needs a waypoint.

24 hours! So much hype for this game, I could even stand to play some Reach MP. I'm glad I'm going in basically blind, a huge part of Reach was spoiled for me.

A little random, but does anyone know how limited the supposed "limited edition" controller is? I'd like to get it, but between this, the Wii U and a few other games, I don't want to spend the money.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Isn't it too early for the whole "mass panic because my Amazon order status still hasn't updated yet" thing to start? Lots of people don't see their shipping status change until very, very late the night before release. Chill dudes.

malfcn

pew%20pew.gif

Amazon will come through. If not, she will take them out.

Tomat

How many of you won't be picking this up at midnight?

I'd like to but I've also got a class in the morning. Still kind of tempting even though as release gets closer my expectations drop lower and lower. I had a very hard time getting into any Halo game after Halo 2. ODST had fantastic single player and Reach was okay. Thought Halo 3 sucked single player wise (it had its moments though). Didn't get into the multiplayer for any of them really.

Oh god I already have buyers remorse.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Sometimes I feel bad that I can't share people feelings on Halo 2 MP.

I only got the game after they shut the original XBL.

I remember back when medals actually meant something. I also remember eating a shitload of sweet chili heat Doritos on a H2 all-nighter.

I guess some things change and others don't :lol

I'd like to but I've also got a class in the morning. Still kind of tempting even though as release gets closer my expectations drop lower and lower. I had a very hard time getting into any Halo game after Halo 2. ODST had fantastic single player and Reach was okay. Thought Halo 3 sucked single player wise (it had its moments though). Didn't get into the multiplayer for any of them really.

Skip. Skiiiiiiip.

exYle

My first class on Tues/Thurs is at 2:00.

=)

Sai-kun

Banned

I found it after waiting around for awhile. MIssion 7 spoilers:
I killed off a couple more Covies, and then another group dropped, and THEN Cortana actually threw a waypoint over it. It was kinda weird.

I got stuck for a while at this too. Needs a waypoint.

Yep, the dialogue was a little confusing without it.

Top Bottom