• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

nillapuddin

It would probably get really crazy with all the ball throwing and bodies flying if it was smaller. I haven't played an actual match of it, so I dunno.

It does, I threw up some rudimentary walls to close it in and play so goof around 2v2 matches, it really works well, the gametype works great especially

(need infinite ammo though, few tweaks maybe elsewhere)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
It does, I threw up some rudimentary walls to close it in and play so goof around 2v2 matches, it really works well, the gametype works great especially

(need infinite ammo though, few tweaks maybe elsewhere)

Totally forgot about infinite ammo. I'll go add it to the gametype now. Any other changes I should do to the gametype?

EDIT: Also, I was thinking maybe making it harder to throw in by making an actual basket-hole-thing. What do you think?

EDIT2: I quickly edited the gametype and threw together a smaller version of the map. Gametypes and maps can be found here.

nillapuddin

Totally forgot about infinite ammo. I'll go add it to the gametype now. Any other changes I should do to the gametype?

EDIT: Also, I was thinking maybe making it harder to throw in by making an actual basket-hole-thing. What do you think?

throwing it in is pretty hard as is tbh, the gravity effects the ball ya know

Obviously the more time you dump into the hoop design and mess around with it, it will get better.

Im for sure gunna take a stab at an arena later tonight I think, sounds like a fun project

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
throwing it in is pretty hard as is tbh, the gravity effects the ball ya know

Obviously the more time you dump into the hoop design and mess around with it, it will get better.

Im for sure gunna take a stab at an arena later tonight I think, sounds like a fun project

I was thinking maybe making it so if you get in from the sides, you get less points than if you get in in from the top.

nillapuddin

I was thinking maybe making it so if you get in from the sides, you get less points than if you get in in from the top.

Interesting..

I think the most obvious thing would be "shooting" should give more points than "dunking"

but the problem is, someone could go in for the dunk, and just throw it in from like 2 feet away and defeat the purpose, if only you could determine points via distance, then it would work perfectly

you cannot however, so a moot point
:/

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Interesting..

I think the most obvious thing would be "shooting" should give more points than "dunking"

but the problem is, someone could go in for the dunk, and just throw it in from like 2 feet away and defeat the purpose, if only you could determine points via distance, then it would work perfectly

you cannot however, so a moot point
:/

Yeah, that kinda sucks.

Oh, and the Podtacular community played version 1 during their gamenight earlier, and uploaded the film. I'll watch it later, but if anyone wants to watch it and give me suggestions, it's here.

Nebula

I just used it in a game, got ejected out of my Banshee and managed to land beside the Rocket Hog turret that destroyed me and melee'd him off of it.

Top Lel.

FyreWulff

343's acknowledged TU bugs so far:

Champions Bundle Known Issues
Prefect, Mark V and Ricochet forearms display as ODST in first-person POV in Custom Games and Matchmaking.

Some Forge items in the “Scenery” and “Gadget” palettes of the Majestic and Castle Map Packs will have incorrect labels.

Non-host players in Forge mode will be unable to see other Monitors, though Gamertags will still hover. The host of the game is able to see all Monitors, and there is no additional gameplay impact – all other Forge features are fully accessible.

The three new armor mods, along with Champions Bundle content, are not available in Spartan Ops or Campaign.

Loadouts are reset and Spartan Points are refunded when a new Loadout slot is unlocked. This occurs at SR-6, SR-14, SR-26 and SR-41. When you reach these levels, you will need to re-purchase all items and redo your Loadouts. No Spartan Points will be lost.

Snarky comment time: Not only can we not get a Forge update, they broke Forge even more.

shit happens

FYC

Banned

wCBxTEj.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I feel like I'm missing something, wasn't that the point of the perk? Why are you all surprised?

I mean, I hate it, but I figured it meant when your vehicle died you stay alive no matter what.

I feel like I'm missing something, wasn't that the point of the perk? Why are you all surprised?

I mean, I hate it, but I figured it meant when your vehicle died you stay alive no matter what.
You don't see a disconnect between reading about something bad and finally actually seeing it?

It's not like seeing it won't freshen up and bring that distaste to the fore.

Gui_PT

It sounds stupid when you read the description but it's shocking to actually see it in the game doing the actual stupid thing that it actually does.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You don't see a disconnect between reading about something bad and finally actually seeing it?

No, I mean I assumed the worst. Reading the description of it was pretty clear on what happens. 343 isn't pulling any punches anymore. Especially after the camping achievement. Seeing it just confirms what I read I guess. I thought someone posted video of it like 2 days ago though. Which is why I was confused.

No, I mean I assumed the worst. Reading the description of it was pretty clear on what happens. 343 isn't pulling any punches anymore. Especially after the camping achievement. Seeing it just confirms what I read I guess. I thought someone posted video of it like 2 days ago though. Which is why I was confused.
Much clearer example of it, especially as the "survivor" then gets the kill.

Nebula

What sucks the most is seeing 343 acknowledge the problem, but instead of fixing it properly, they just put a band aid over it. It makes them look incredibly lazy.

nillapuddin

I messed around in custom with the survior, 3 of my buddies and I tried to kill each other in various ways on Valhalla in all the vehicles on the map, we got mixed results to say the least, sometimes 1/2 shields, sometimes no shields, sometimes you die instantly

never had someone pop out with full shields, whatever

it seems that its very finicky on when and how it works, Im not saying its a good thing.
Im just saying that throwing a blanket on the whole game is a bit weird, and tbh, its not a perk that will change the whole meta game, people will get their fill of it

not defending its existence, just don't care enough for it to "ruin" the rest of my Halo 4 playtime, I killed a couple guys mid-air after sticking their mongoose, its kinda silly and fun.

Nebula

not defending its existence, just don't care enough for it to "ruin" the rest of my Halo 4 playtime, I killed a couple guys mid-air after sticking their mongoose, its kinda silly and fun.

This is one of the reasons Survivor was implemented. Not blaming you, but 343 for allowing you to spawn with Plasma Grenades.

Madness

This is one of the reasons Survivor was implemented. Not blaming you, but 343 for allowing you to spawn with Plasma Grenades.

Yup, tired of dying by stickies or having vehicle destroyed by PP? Rather than remove them from loadout, we'll buff warthog health and give you a perk to escape death in vehicle.

Band-aid atop Band-aid etc.

Kibbles

Okay so Perfections, I keep on forgetting the criteria for this and I keep on not getting it. Can it not be an objective game, only team slayer? I swear I got one the other day in a team slayer gametype, but the other team ended up all quitting which I guess caused it not to count? Then I went 32 and 0 yesterday in CTF (with a cap ;p) and didn't get a perfection. Bahhh this commendation is ridiculous.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Okay so Perfections, I keep on forgetting the criteria for this and I keep on not getting it. Can it not be an objective game, only team slayer? I swear I got one the other day in a team slayer gametype, but the other team ended up all quitting which I guess caused it not to count? Then I went 32 and 0 yesterday in CTF (with a cap ;p) and didn't get a perfection. Bahhh this commendation is ridiculous.

Yeah, I think it's Slayer only.

Top Bottom