• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Karl2177

For real. And on the other side of that maybe we can finally do away with 2 flag on asymmetrical maps if 1 flag gets implemented.

But then we'll get stuff like the flag on top of the building on Powerhouse or the flag in the middle of the open on Longbow. Even if they did put it on asyms, where would you put the lonesome flag on a map like Complex? Or Abandon?

Striker

But then we'll get stuff like the flag on top of the building on Powerhouse or the flag in the middle of the open on Longbow. Even if they did put it on asyms, where would you put the lonesome flag on a map like Complex? Or Abandon?
They're asymmetric but not very well built for something like 1-flag. All slayer in mind. I don't think 343 had CTF on their minds for any of the maps. OK maybe Adrift, but lol. Solace is another that you can probably make a case for, except one base has a sturdy setup, and the other can be attacked fairly easily. Then you have Exile where red is defended fairly easy and blue has open spawn zones where DMR, Sniper, and Ghosts can destroy in seconds.

FyreWulff

Wow. The Forgeball variant of Ricochet is freaking POWERFUL. Assign anything as the ball or the goal, bitmasks for goal behavior, etc. Check this shit out

http://www.certainaffinity.com/buzz/ricochet-game-type-labels/

Way more powerful than Reach's Haloball now.

example:

Forge Goal (rico_forgegoal)

Gametype Label:

rico_forgegoal – Serves as the “goal” and awards points when a ForgeBall enters its boundary

Team

Which team the Goal belongs to. This doesn’t restrict who can score in it, but it determines who gains points for scores in this Goal.
Example: If you put a ForgeBall in a goal set to team Defender, but you’re team Attacker, you will not gain points from the goal, but the Defenders will.

Spawn Sequence

This should be set to any number from 0 to 7.
This number is called a ‘bitmask’, and that means that numbers are added together to allow multiple things to happen at once when someone scores.
0 will do nothing.
1 will delete the ball after it scores in this goal.
2 will delete this goal after a ball scores in it.
4 will play the scoring explosion effect when a ball scores in this goal.
You can combine these numbers to get combination effects.
For instance, setting Spawn Sequence to 6 is the same as setting it 4 and also 2, meaning that the goal would be deleted when a player scores, and an explosion would also play.
Setting it to 7 would do all three things – delete the ball, delete the goal, play an explosion.
Setting it to just 4 would just play the explosion.

User data

The User Data contains the number of points to award to the Goal’s team upon scoring in this Goal. The default, 0, means that no score will be awarded.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

TCKaos

Seriously though Ricochet is pretty awesome. If I saw it correctly the ball even detonates upon entering the goal. Has anyone checked if the arm time has been fixed? 343 might have just secretly given us Assault.

BigShow36

Can you explain to me what is so special about battlefield? I played in the bf3 beta and it seemed like a less polished call of duty plus vehicles.

Its slow and clumsy and has lots of players and vehicles, so people trick themselves into thinking is uber strategic and realistic, when in fact, it's just boring.

Fuchsdh

Ricochet is one of the most fun game types on Halo I've played. Awesome stuff.

It's kind of funny they added the American football helmets (which are one of the better armor perms anyhow) because the gametype essentially feels like a response to frustrations with low-scoring, back-and-forth objective games. While I'll still love epic CTF matches at LAN parties, for a matchmaking environment Ricochet seems like the perfect fit for a fast objective gametype that doesn't get locked into stalemates.

Zayne "Humpty Dumpty" MacHumpherson and I are talking about hopping on XBC sometime this week. Anyone else interested?

Also, whipped up a minimalist icon for XBC since the original one is godawful:

fAJtWjj.png

Fuchsdh

Zayne "Humpty Dumpty" MacHumpherson and I are talking about hopping on XBC sometime this week. Anyone else interested?

Also, whipped up a minimalist icon for XBC since the original one is godawful:

fAJtWjj.png

I like it. How large are the icons in Windows now? 128x128?

I'm going to grab a spare HDD from work and try installing Windows XP and grab a copy of Custom Edition this weekend or next.

Fuchsdh

Fuchsdh

Hey, that was my one bad moment!

Is the stream alright? I can't tell from my end.

I haven't played in like 3-4 months, so I'm a bit rusty.

Well it's 720p only so my connection three floors up from the wireless router is crapping our every minute, but I think the stream itself is fine.

Ghazi

Well it's 720p only so my connection three floors up from the wireless router is crapping our every minute, but I think the stream itself is fine.

Better than the first party studio of a multi-billion dollar company's stream quality, the stream's already gained a ton of points for that!

TCKaos

In first person all of the new arms appear to be Inner-plated forearms with the Scout shoulders attached. Is this something with the DLC or a bug on my end?

TCKaos

Fun fact: Throwing a ball outside of the map on Ricochet (which is possible if you toss the ball over a base) you'll reset the ball but lose 100 style points.

Fuchsdh

Yep I've tried it like 7 times. Literally not moving at all, crouching, staying in a spot and getting kills (it does say "effectively"), etc. It won't work.

Make sure you don't move, period. You don't have to be crouched. Just make sure your sticks are reset and just leave your controller alone for what will feel like the longest minute or so of your life. Then pick it up and continue.

Booshka

Make sure you don't move, period. You don't have to be crouched. Just make sure your sticks are reset and just leave your controller alone for what will feel like the longest minute or so of your life. Then pick it up and continue.

Why is there an achievement for going AFK in a Multiplayer session.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?

Uh that was the first example I gave. Didn't work.

Top Bottom