• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So I made a larger arena for people who want to play with any group larger than 6 or so

also made a gametype where there is no damage, and suffixed it with "Team Work"
so in this mode, passing the ball between teammates to avoid the personal shot clock and playing real defense will be the only way to win

Yeah I will have to look into weapons that do damage other than grifball set, but I dont have the time today :(

Im getting ready for work right now, but let me know if you can mess around with it at all

I did a bit of testing with the Concussion Rifle. It can be used to knock the ball around and away from people, or even towards you if you're good with it. Dunno how it affects players, as I only have the one controller, but I think it would be very interesting to use.

Nebula

I honestly don't even notice I have a rank in Halo 4. It feels completely meaningless. It only mattered at the start because things were locked behind level requirements.

#HaloFive1To50

daedalius

So I snagged a Promethean Knight figure from my local tabletop shop today; sold it pretty cheap I guess it had been there for a while.

Not quite up to the standard of the Play Arts MC figure, but it looks pretty good.

Guess whos back! But seriously can someone give me a run down on what has happend to halo in the past two months?

• Halo Turbo gametype
• Legendary Slayer gametype (moved into Infinity Playlist)
• Champions Bundle/Bullseye Map Pack
° Vertigo Map ° Pitfall (The Pit Remake)
° Ricochet gametype ° Two Armor Mods
° Weapon Steam Punk themed Skins & 3 New Armors (Mk V, ODST, & Prefect)
• Mods created an artificial DeScoping Mod

That was awesome. Love Ricochet.

Pitfall looks like shit and I hate that opening in the sword room but Ricochet is pretty awesome. If they are consolidating they need to drop some of these playlists. Anything Pro should be in it's own list. Maybe combined with Throwdown and called Pro. Too many people quitting out.

Pitfall looks like shit and I hate that opening in the sword room but Ricochet is pretty awesome. If they are consolidating they need to drop some of these playlists. Anything Pro should be in it's own list. Maybe combined with Throwdown and called Pro. Too many people quitting out.

Prodown?

FyreWulff

So we have Slayer Pro, Infinity Slayer and Legendary Slayer in Infinity Slayer?

Awesome, same shit that made my blood boil in Reach. I don't want 10.000 of different slayertypes in one playlist

Better than having 4 Slayer playlists that are essentially clones of each other.

IHaveIce

Banned
Better than having 4 Slayer playlists that are essentially clones of each other.
Not sure if it is better.

Move Infinity slayer into Action Sack where it belongs. Remove Slayer Pro- We have throwdown for Hardcore Slayer.

Make Legendary Slayer BR the new Team Slayer. It is now the main slayer list

Done.

Not sure if it is better.

Move Infinity slayer into Action Sack where it belongs. Remove Slayer Pro- We have throwdown for Hardcore Slayer.

Make Legendary Slayer BR the new Team Slayer. It is now the main slayer list

Done.

That works although they would never move Infinity Slayer. Remove Slayer Pro and dump Legendary Slayer. Take Throwdown, rename it Pro and put Pitfall, Skyline, Haven as the main maps. Take Forge maps out of IS. There is no reason at all the main playlist should be Forge maps as 2 out of 3 choices.

nillapuddin

I really wish we weren't forced to have a weapon, its annoying for certain custom games that you just inevitably end up with plasma pistols (like what I did)

I saw a Halo 4 mod that allows you to spawn without a weapon, but apparently it breaks the animations (read, there arent any) and you just slide around

Is there a particular reason why the players are always forced to have a weapon?

IHaveIce

Banned
I really wish we weren't forced to have a weapon, its annoying for certain custom games that you just inevitably end up with plasma pistols (like what I did)

I saw a Halo 4 mod that allows you to spawn without a weapon, but apparently it breaks the animations (read, there arent any) and you just slide around

Is there a particular reason why the players are always forced to have a weapon?

Yeah the custom options should be more wide and include more "weird" decisions.

And could you link the Baschetball gametype?

It's that time of the month again! Tried working out a new playlisting based on what we know. Couple of things:

-Unless otherwise specified, gametypes are normalized to feature "Slayer Pro" settings - preset loadouts featuring all ranged precision weapons.
-Slayer Pro now features a 25M to 40M motion tracker across the board.
-Legendary Slayer does not feature a motion tracker.
-Legendary Slayer is modified to feature either BR / AR starts or Magnum / AR starts.
-Playlists are made taking into account three potential voting options.
-Playlists are designed to be an extension of the current ones, which may result in a larger playlist yield than expected.

Gametype listing:

Slayer
Oddball
Capture the Flag
King of the Hill
Dominion
Extraction
Grifball
Ricochet
Regicide
Flood

6-Way FFA. Rumble Pit.
-Option 1: Slayer Pro
-Option 2: Legendary Slayer / Infinity Slayer
-Option 3: King of the Hill / Oddball / Ricochet

6-Way 2v2. Multi Team.
-Option 1: Slayer Pro
-Option 2: Infinity Slayer / Team SWAT
-Option 3: King of the Hill / Regicide

4v4. Team Slayer. Legendary Slayer / Slayer Pro / Infinity Slayer

Team Tactical. SWAT / Snipers / Shotty Snipers

5v5. Team Objective. Capture the Flag / Infinity CTF / Regicide

Team Control. Oddball / Grifball / Ricochet

8v8. Big Team Slayer. Legendary Slayer / Slayer Pro / Infinity Slayer

Big Team Skirmish. Capture the Flag / Extraction / Lockdown*

Varies. Double EXP.
-Alternates between Flood and Action Sack weekly.
-In the event of new maps, this will temporarily become a Community Cartographers playlist.

Varies. Double EXP DLC.
-Features new / trending DLC, such as the Champion's Bundle.
-Two weeks after the release of new DLC, the playlist will alternate between past DLC playlists on a weekly basis.

Final count: 10 Playlists

*Lockdown is a modified Dominion variant currently in the Matchmaking rotation.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wait, Legendary Slayer is no longer having a playlist? The playlist that was hyped up since the spring and lasted what, 2 months? Wow

Fuchsdh

Wait, Legendary Slayer is no longer having a playlist? The playlist that was hyped up since the spring and lasted what, 2 months? Wow

At this point it's most likely going to be reborn as Legendary BRs/ Rumble BRs in the main playlist. Considering few people were playing the AR, Legendary-only playlist, I suspect this gives you a better chance of playing the preferred Halo settings of many here. I'd say it's a good thing.

Legendary Slayer has the same fate as Halo 4 in its entirety. Not ready for release, bad settings at the start, people lose interest.

Why would you start that playlist with AR's?! What are you doing!?

Ghazi

Legendary Slayer has the same fate as Halo 4 in its entirety. Not ready for release, bad settings at the start, people lose interest.

Why don't you get off your lazy, unemployed ass and start fixing these things Juices? We're counting on you, godspeed.

Nebula

343 need to stop this before they get stuck in a cycle.

bravo 343.

377151_10151137751550929_545680695_n.jpg

Top Bottom