• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

1235061_647408725283060_178228384_n.jpg

I messed around in custom with the survior, 3 of my buddies and I tried to kill each other in various ways on Valhalla in all the vehicles on the map, we got mixed results to say the least, sometimes 1/2 shields, sometimes no shields, sometimes you die instantly

never had someone pop out with full shields, whatever

it seems that its very finicky on when and how it works, Im not saying its a good thing.
Im just saying that throwing a blanket on the whole game is a bit weird, and tbh, its not a perk that will change the whole meta game, people will get their fill of it

not defending its existence, just don't care enough for it to "ruin" the rest of my Halo 4 playtime, I killed a couple guys mid-air after sticking their mongoose, its kinda silly and fun.
So, the scientific determination is that it adds even MORE randomness to the game.

Halo 4: The Crapshoot

belushy

Banned
We have media badges for Halo 4 GC and can't get into Pax...

If anybody selling or has extra I'm interested.

Yeah that is confusing. Must have been poor planning on their part or something. So you guys won't even be able to get in, or you can get in but only go to the GC stuff?

IHaveIce

Banned
Playing Halo 4 on LAN or in fullparties is quite enjoyable.

Yesterday we played with 8 people in Rumble Pit or did some other stuff.
It is amazing how good this game can be with good settings or friends.

mo60

Playing Halo 4 on LAN or in fullparties is quite enjoyable.

Yesterday we played with 8 people in Rumble Pit or did some other stuff.
It is amazing how good this game can be with good settings or friends.
I agree.That is why I like the gametypes that don't use infinity settings the most like slayer pro.

FyreWulff

Every Halo plays better on LAN.

I remember playing hours of it at PAX 07 and man, H2 LAN was so much better than H2 Live.. also, half my tricks didn't work

Fuchsdh

I hate multiplayer achievements for random occurrences that never happen...

I got half the new achievements in-game within the first three or four matches. The ricochet ones are pretty easy. Deson't mean they're great achievements, of course, but they're fairly easy to garner and very easy to boost.

Nilla, played a full house game of Baschetball with some HBOers. At 4v4 it starts getting claustrophic and spawn-camping does become an issue, but everyone really liked it except the guy who hates the unpredictability of hammers. might simmply be best at 3v3 or maybe there's another weapon combo to try. Someone suggested for larger arenas shotguns or other weak weapons, some guys just wanted it to entirely be passing-based.

Speaking of bouncing bullets, I remember someone in a halo 3 match (or was it halo 2) missed a sniper shot but it bounced off a few things and headshot the guy who fired, so a self headshot.

Remember in the build up to launch, Frankie said that they'd developed a system in Grifball so that the host wasn't so dominant with the hammer? Any idea what that was? I haven't really played H4 grifball so I wouldn't know if it's noticable.

nillapuddin

Nilla, played a full house game of Baschetball with some HBOers. At 4v4 it starts getting claustrophobic and spawn-camping does become an issue, but everyone really liked it except the guy who hates the unpredictability of hammers. might simply be best at 3v3 or maybe there's another weapon combo to try. Someone suggested for larger arenas shotguns or other weak weapons, some guys just wanted it to entirely be passing-based.

Thanks for the feedback dude, like I said the other day, I had a feeling I would make a larger version anyways, obviously to be true to form it should support at least 5v5.

Ill take a crack at it, I reallyyy like the idea of there being no damage,I'lll make a gametype variant with no damage on the weapons

and then maybe try out some different weapons sets on another

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Thanks for the feedback dude, like I said the other day, I had a feeling I would make a larger version anyways, obviously to be true to form it should support at least 5v5.

Ill take a crack at it, I reallyyy like the idea of there being no damage,I'lll make a gametype variant with no damage on the weapons

and then maybe try out some different weapons sets on another

Maybe Concussions Rifles or weapons that can knock people back if there's no damage?

Nebula

The Pit is still pretty fun in Halo 4. The other map is a bit weird but a Pit Slayer 24/7 playlist would be great.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a one map 24/7 playlist in Halo yet. I quite like the idea of it, and it's pretty decent in Call of Duty, even if that map is Nuke Town.

FyreWulff

I'm surprised we haven't seen a one map 24/7 playlist in Halo yet. I quite like the idea of it, and it's pretty decent in Call of Duty, even if that map is Nuke Town.

I always said this is what the 7 on 7th playlist should have become in Halo 3. One map, one month.

nillapuddin

So I made a larger arena for people who want to play with any group larger than 6 or so

also made a gametype where there is no damage, and suffixed it with "Team Work"
so in this mode, passing the ball between teammates to avoid the personal shot clock and playing real defense will be the only way to win

Maybe Concussions Rifles or weapons that can knock people back if there's no damage?

Yeah I will have to look into weapons that do damage other than grifball set, but I dont have the time today :(

Im getting ready for work right now, but let me know if you can mess around with it at all

edit:
to be completely honest, what sounds awesome, is to come up with a variant
that maybe has 2-3 different type of loadouts, which could help define what role you play on the team
like a primary defender, a shooter, a map control player
(read; center, guard, forward)

balancing would obviously take a bit of play testing, but its a fun idea to kick around

Top Bottom