• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
a few weeks back all my loadouts disappeared. today, all my campaign progress has been lost (all levels are locked, game doesnt show i've beaten it on any difficulty) AND i've now lost all my "perks" and AAs. my loadouts are there, and i have a shit ton of spartan points to rebuy everything, but what the fuck?

aside from tweaks (namely perks, pp/bolt, some of the AAs, 3x weapons), i really dont have a problem with loadouts. i hope they return.

I think they're fun and have some interesting potential, but I'd force some cosmetics if they keep AAs and everything (which they will). That is, you can have different armor configurations per loadout, but some things are forced. For example, goofy glowy Promethean Vision goggles, moon boots with Jetpack etc.

IHaveIce

Banned
aside from tweaks (namely perks, pp/bolt, some of the AAs, 3x weapons), i really dont have a problem with loadouts. i hope they return.

Even the smallest difference of another person spawning compared to you( other weapon, nades, AAs, perks) is against the idea of a balanced shooter how Halo once was.

Everyone should start the same, then get their stuff on the map.

TCKaos

Microsoft supports existing player base by continuing to charge them out the nose for content new players will be receiving for free via a Game of the Year Edition of Halo 4.

halo-4-goty-editionpng-e93f51.jpg

Yup, they should just allow us to choose our primary/secondary from a pool of weapons.

AR
Magnum
(12 shots, 4sk functions similar to H1 w/o hitscan on dedis)
BR
DMR
Carbine
SR
LR
Suppressor

Do away with the Firepower perk because if someone wants to spawn with a Suppressor and Storm Rifle, let them.

Booshka

TCKaos

I don't get it. Your text, that is. This is how GOTY versions work, although I would have called it "Halo 4 Complete Pack" or something.

I mean, I'd assume that someone who bought the game day one, got the Limited Edition game and console (because the console didn't come with the LE game content) and then went out of their way to pre-order the game at a specific retailer to get the pre-order DLC they wanted and bought as many codes as they could to complete the collection, then bought Moutnain Dew and Doritos at different 7/11s multiple times to unlock the Locus helmet, and then later purchased the Champions DLC to get the complete Halo package would be more than a bit miffed that someone is going to get all of the in-game content they did for something like $350 less.

I'm kind of miffed that the DLC is still $10 a pop per map pack but is apparently so inexpensive to Microsoft that they're essentially willing to give the entirety of it away for -$10 if they buy this new edition.

Shit, if I knew this would have happened I probably wouldn't have purchased the Champions Bundle and just have sold my copy of Halo 4 and UMvC3 on the cheap so that I could get this when I came out.

It'd be one thing if this was Bethesda, which has had the habit of making GOTY editions of their games, and everyone expects them to do so. It'd be different if this was a Map Pack Disc or something, but this is literally the full package that I would have paid $100 for barring the FOTUS armor not even a year ago.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
a few weeks back all my loadouts disappeared. today, all my campaign progress has been lost (all levels are locked, game doesnt show i've beaten it on any difficulty) AND i've now lost all my "perks" and AAs. my loadouts are there, and i have a shit ton of spartan points to rebuy everything, but what the fuck?

so, is there any known trigger for this? its rather annoying. the campaign thing also happened to me in reach.

TCKaos

so, is there any known trigger for this? its rather annoying. the campaign thing also happened to me in reach.

343 mentioned that whenever you hit a milestone where you would unlock a new loadout that it would reset all of your loadouts. I'm not sure about the campaign thing.

Fuchsdh

I mean, I'd assume that someone who bought the game day one, got the Limited Edition game and console (because the console didn't come with the LE game content) and then went out of their way to pre-order the game at a specific retailer to get the pre-order DLC they wanted and bought as many codes as they could to complete the collection, then bought Moutnain Dew and Doritos at different 7/11s multiple times to unlock the Locus helmet, and then later purchased the Champions DLC to get the complete Halo package would be more than a bit miffed that someone is going to get all of the in-game content they did for something like $350 less.

I'm kind of miffed that the DLC is still $10 a pop per map pack but is apparently so inexpensive to Microsoft that they're essentially willing to give the entirety of it away for -$10 if they buy this new edition.

Shit, if I knew this would have happened I probably wouldn't have purchased the Champions Bundle and just have sold my copy of Halo 4 and UMvC3 on the cheap so that I could get this when I came out.

It'd be one thing if this was Bethesda, which has had the habit of making GOTY editions of their games, and everyone expects them to do so. It'd be different if this was a Map Pack Disc or something, but this is literally the full package that I would have paid $100 for barring the FOTUS armor not even a year ago.

I don't get this whole "I paid this much, everyone else should too" attitude. They drop the price on stuff to attract more buyers, and bundles usually cost less than a la carte options. Being the first to buy something tech-related usually means you're going to get shafted, it doesn't matter what it is. It'll be cheaper six months down the line, they'll be a new version, yadda yadda.

It was the patch for this DLC, caused loadout resets if you played campaign with the patch update.

Now it makrs all my unlocked content like it was recent unlocked even the locked ones.

I don't get this whole "I paid this much, everyone else should too" attitude. They drop the price on stuff to attract more buyers, and bundles usually cost less than a la carte options. Being the first to buy something tech-related usually means you're going to get shafted, it doesn't matter what it is. It'll be cheaper six months down the line, they'll be a new version, yadda yadda.

He mean they didnt even wait more than a month to announce the GOTY version, like him I would sell my Halo 4 and buy the GOTY edition instead of buying the Champion pack alone and get more stuff for less price.

Nebula

Agreed. Buying it on release will always cost more, and stuff gets cheaper down the line. Happens all the time.

The only thing I would be pissed about is that the Champions Bundle literally just released, and now they're dropping this on people. If I wanted the Championship Bundle,
which I don't
I would have much rather have waited and bought the GOTY edition and got a bunch of other content I never had access to before.

Fuchsdh

Agreed. Buying it on release will always cost more, and stuff gets cheaper down the line. Happens all the time.

The only thing I would be pissed about is that the Champions Bundle literally just released, and now they're dropping this on people. If I wanted the Championship Bundle,
which I don't
I would have much rather have waited and bought the GOTY edition and got a bunch of other content I never had access to before.

Well, by the time this comes out it will have been two months. Doesn't make it feel any better than them waiting to announce that it drops, but it's functionally the same thing. If this means more people getting the DLC it's better for everyone anyhow. Might as well get more enjoyment out of something you've already plunked down the coin for.

Nebula

Well, by the time this comes out it will have been two months. Doesn't make it feel any better than them waiting to announce that it drops, but it's functionally the same thing. If this means more people getting the DLC it's better for everyone anyhow. Might as well get more enjoyment out of something you've already plunked down the coin for.

Guess that's a positive for a lot of folk. ODST boosted DLC numbers quite nicely and I'm sure this disc will do the same. Still think the first DLC should become free though.

Ghazi

Guess that's a positive for a lot of folk. ODST boosted DLC numbers quite nicely and I'm sure this disc will do the same. Still think the first DLC should become free though.

Except that DLC was for Halo 3, which had a very large population at the time. I'm honestly unsure about how many of the current recurring players don't already have the DLC and I don't think this will boost the population by much.

Also, Ninja's playing some Halo 3!

I signed up on that IGN site just to comment on that stupid GOTY edition article and spam my Gamasutra comment from months ago lol. Then I spammed it into the GAF Halo 4 GOTY thread. Why GAF needs a million Halo threads that all just fall away a day later because GAF doesnt care about Halo is beyond me.

GAF and Frank O Connor have the same thing in common. They both hate Halo.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662089

That Halo 4 GOTY Edition thread on Gaming side. 343 need to read through and see that it's not just HaloGAF that have issues with the game.

Yeah, I think they get it because nobody plays it. It's just they don't give a shit. Charging for what should have been a free update to the only supporters left and then putting this out there is a real scum move to the community. It's clear the Champions stuff was just fluff to justify a $50 price point for a GOTY which BTW are never that much.

Even giving away the LE stuff, Bungie never did stuff like that. 343 is one of my least favorite devs now fucking new perks, are you serious?

blamite

WJBqx76.gif

I signed up on that IGN site just to comment on that stupid GOTY edition article and spam my Gamasutra comment from months ago lol. Then I spammed it into the GAF Halo 4 GOTY thread. Why GAF needs a million Halo threads that all just fall away a day later because GAF doesnt care about Halo is beyond me.

Frankie doesn't come here anymore, he knows this is shit.

Nebula

Fantastic post btw. It's a great read. Linked for anyone who wants to read. It should also be the main body of the next OT if we make it that far.

That resistance perk is hilarous, I survived 4 shots of the turret, hide,received another 3 shot from the dmr, hide again a finaly died from from two guys with BR at the sime time.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Did you write a post like that for Reach? I'd love to read it.

Did you write a post like that for Reach? I'd love to read it.

I cant really remember. Someone would have to go back and search the threads, I doubt it though as I ultimately liked Reach, but I'm sure at a time I was pissed at Reach I wrote something similar about what needs fixed and I remember doing a few Playlist rebuild ideas. Also I have the Reach beta reaction from awhile back which was a mix of criticism and praise.

I change my mind so much though no one should really read anything old of mine. I hate writing posts that don't get deleted after a certain time actually.

Its why I could never dream of writing a review or preview like you do. Must be tough.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I cant really remember. Someone would have to go back and search the threads, I doubt it though as I ultimately liked Reach, but I'm sure at a time I was pissed at Reach I wrote something similar about what needs fixed and I remember doing a few Playlist rebuild ideas. Also I have the Reach beta reaction from awhile back which was a mix of criticism and praise.

I change my mind so much though no one should really read anything old of mine. I hate writing posts that don't get deleted after a certain time actually.

Its why I could never dream of writing a review or preview like you do. Must be tough.

Reviews are interesting in MP-specific games for the very reason we've seen with Halo 4. Post-launch support has been great in some areas and confusing as hell in others. It's clear 343 is trying, but the playlist management is ultimately puzzling and the weapon choices in said playlists even more so. Makes it hard to write reviews, but ultimately the review has to be done for the game as it stands at that time or you'd always be updating it.

I've been mostly pro Halo 4 as a competitive shooter overall (not so much as a core Halo game) but even though I don't post about it a ton I have seen the same issues most of the folks here have. I just wrestle with it a lot because I do like the game as a competent multiplayer shooter, and it does have a Halo wrapper, but it's not the core Halo I know from the past. It's odd playing a game you like and dislike at the same time for entirely different reasons.

Naked Lunch

Is there a reason my loadouts keep getting deleted in this game?
I now have all the sp points back in my pool and have to unlock everything again. I just played last night and it was all there - today, gone. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time this has happened.

Also my campaign progress was deleted. I finished the game on heroic back at launch - on legendary earlier this summer and now its all gone. This has to be a bug related to uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

I was a big hater of H4's multi - post patch its an ok C+ grade game now - but I must say Ricochet is hella fun. By far the best thing about Halo 4 mp. Playing defense and getting interceptions is crazy fun - as is catching a long pass and running it in. Its one of those "why did nobody think of this before" type things. Cant wait to try it on other maps. Good stuff.

343 has the look of Halo down to a tee - ive even warmed up to the sounds and music - but the gameplay needs rethought. Its too fast first and foremost. Reach disappointed me greatly back in the day but going back to that after a H4 session makes even Reach feel like classic Halo. Something is ajar in 4 - and despite all the COD-like perks I really think its the gameplay speed. I still have high hopes for 5.

Ghazi

Is there a reason my loadouts keep getting deleted in this game?
I now have all the sp points back in my pool and have to unlock everything again. I just played last night and it was all there - today, gone. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time this has happened.

Also my campaign progress was deleted. I finished the game on heroic back at launch - on legendary earlier this summer and now its all gone. This has to be a bug related to uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

I was a big hater of H4's multi - post patch its an ok C+ grade game now - but I must say Ricochet is hella fun. By far the best thing about Halo 4 mp. Playing defense and getting interceptions is crazy fun - as is catching a long pass and running it in. Its one of those "why did nobody think of this before" type things. Cant wait to try it on other maps. Good stuff.

343 has the look of Halo down to a tee - ive even warmed up to the sounds and music - but the gameplay needs rethought. Its too fast first and foremost. Reach disappointed me greatly back in the day but going back to that after a H4 session makes even Reach feel like classic Halo. Something is ajar in 4 - and despite all the COD-like perks I really think its the gameplay speed. I still have high hopes for 5.
The stuff getting deleted is because of a bug in the newest update.

Top Bottom