• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Ghazi

So the stream was amazing because they used classic setting right?
Yeah, other streams sucked because they weren't doing what they said they weren't going to do. (adhere to something with some semblance of Bungie's vision of Halo)
You could try, it probably won't work too well.

Eh, I think it'll be fine. I managed to do a Hotline Miami stream on my crappy computer once and it turned out fine at 720p iirc, only lag that was there was that of my laptop.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeah, other streams sucked because they weren't doing what they said they weren't going to do. (adhere to something with some semblance of Bungie's vision of Halo)

Eh, I think it'll be fine. I managed to do a Hotline Miami stream on my crappy computer once and it turned out fine at 720p iirc, only lag that was there was that of my laptop.

Based on my experience, streaming online games is a completely different situation in comparison to streaming games that are single player. I had to dial my stream down before it got to a reasonable rate where I wasn't experiencing online lag.

Man I really need to get another capture card.

Ghazi

Based on my experience, streaming online games is a completely different situation in comparison to streaming games that are single player. I had to dial my stream down before it got to a reasonable rate where I wasn't experiencing online lag.

Man I really need to get another capture card.

Of course! If I end up streaming I'll mostly be playing SP stuff over stream or light online stuff like Dark Souls. I'm not expecting to be able to hit 720p at all with that either, I'd just like to be able to stream at a stable quality.

Finally after 1020 matches I unlocked the 1000 matches award, now aim for Spartan Assault cheevos but I think it only gives you the boots emblem.

Now there's a stance and a DMR skin for Spartan Assault.

halo-4-Champions-Bundle-4.png

I hope the pose is the front view of Flank but nevermind an error ocurred and had to buy the game again.

That Menace stance is awesome. What do you do to get it, buy shit?

My Comcast appears to be deliberately messing with streaming video and it's hurting my ping.

/paranoia

BREAKING: "Not Enough Bandwidth" Slogan Stems From Coddling via Comcast, Details Pending

Hey Forgers, I attempted to make a map and color code areas of the map. Blue/Red base, Orange Mid, Purple and Yellow corners. red, yellow and blue show up in a live game but purple and orange do not. Its funny because my son was playing with me and kept changing his colors to yellow, I wonder if that has something to do with it?

PS: whats up Frankie.

Hey Forgers, I attempted to make a map and color code areas of the map. Blue/Red base, Orange Mid, Purple and Yellow corners. red, yellow and blue show up in a live game but purple and orange do not. Its funny because my son was playing with me and kept changing his colors to yellow, I wonder if that has something to do with it?

PS: whats up Frankie.

Make sure you change the Object Color setting, not the Team Color setting. A Team Colored object only shows up right if its respective team is playing. For example, a Coliseum wall with a Team Color of brown will appear neutral unless Brown Team is playing.

Make sure you change the Object Color setting, not the Team Color setting. A Team Colored object only shows up right if its respective team is playing. For example, a Coliseum wall with a Team Color of brown will appear neutral unless Brown Team is playing.

Son of a... Thanks man, that is probably it. I did use team colors.

Son of a... Thanks man, that is probably it. I did use team colors.

No problem! I made the same mistake working on Synthesis.

ExWife, Kaos and I had that map shot behind the shed a while back to an amazing glitch known as "Sniper's Time Paradox." There's a spot Top Railgun where I have two columns intersected and for whatever reason, nailing it with a sniper round makes the particle effects repeat indefinitely. If you keep shooting it, the game goes to a buttery smooth .05FPS.

FyreWulff

I hear ya. At least you dont have to use Cox.

They're pretty decent here

It3JLjI.png

Can't wait until CenturyLink gets gigabit internet down to my part of town though.. this was someone's speed test on it:

2860790502.png

150$/mo tho, and the Falkland Island players would probably still pull host off me

FyreWulff

What tier? I'm paying for Premier 30/6 and its never fucking that good. Plus I get really short disconnects all the time.

2943125026.png

Do you have an older modem? They might swap you a newer model. They gave us that combo phone line/internet modem a few years back, it died this summer, and they swapped it across with a newer smaller model and noted that it'd also give us faster speeds (and it did)

Do you have an older modem? They might swap you a newer model. They gave us that combo phone line/internet modem a few years back, it died this summer, and they swapped it across with a newer smaller model and noted that it'd also give us faster speeds (and it did)

No they wanted 7 dollars a month or 129 to buy so I went on Amazon and got a Surfboard Motorola SBG6580 Modem/Router. Seriously fucking sheisty bastards, and a 30 dollar fee to INSTALL MYSELF. Also charged a Insurance fee lol.

FyreWulff

No they wanted 7 dollars a month or 129 to buy so I went on Amazon and got a Surfboard Motorola SBG6580 Modem/Router. Seriously fucking sheisty bastards, and a 30 dollar fee to INSTALL MYSELF. Also charged a Insurance fee lol.

Damn, Cox is more friendly to it's customers here in Omaha I guess. CenturyLink/Qwest is known as the asshole company here.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I threatened to bail and get DirecTV and they caved.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea I'm too nice. I really should be more assertive.

I feel if you say you're going to switch companies they accommodate you.

Its OK after they start charging me more I'm switching to FiOS.

I feel like sometimes in those situations they will call my bluff and I'll just be like, "fine, I'll continue to deal with it :("

If anyone is Halo 4 gaming this Saturday at 7PM EST we have a Waypoint Mods vs The World part 2 play date booked.

Basically mods teaming up and generally playing Championship Bundle playlist or BTB as party numbers increase. Just search and match us, similar to the Bungie vs. The World of old.

I think I'm the only Australian mod playing, maybe one other Aussie mod (unconfirmed) but essentially we're giving away codes for 3 months XBL, avatar props etc. Just random prizes for kicking our butts or that something crazy special that the Halo sandbox is famous for.

I'm picking up my Live Gamer Portable today so I'll try out some streaming too, which for me works out as 10AM Sunday Australian EST. Sunday morning hangover is neither confirmed or denied at this stage :)

blamite

What the hell is up with the version of Haven in the Ricochet playlist? It's the old version without the lifts, but it still has the team colored lights, but one base has a Needler and one has the Sticky Detonator. Not really fair at all. It's one of the few perfectly symmetrical maps too, so that placement is particularly bad.

Yeah never pay installation fees and shit for cable/internet. Be respectful, but assertive and bring up how absurd it is that you have to pay for yourself to plug it into the wall and they'll waive that 9 times out of 10. Never paid one myself.

Oh, Ricochet has a playlist now? Might try to find my Halo 4 disc and try it out tonight.

Fuchsdh

Team Slayer and Legendary BRs seem to be getting voted fairly often in Infinity lists.

Also, messing around with Cinema4D for the first time in a serious manner. Luckily AO and GI are the instant "make pretty" button.

FyreWulff

Using Ricochets settings and swapping the ball for a flag ? Hmmm..

Fun note: you should technically be able to rig up a Halo 3-style Rocket Race gametype out of the RicoForge gametype.

Assign mongooses as Forgeballs and set the goals up. They score when they enter the goal, and the goal moves.

My biggest issue with spear-chucking the flag would be that most people would just do it 24/7 to get their flag back as fast as possible. They'd have to add in some way to limit its effectiveness, like maybe a cooldown or only letting you throw it if your crosshairs are red (so basically screwing with the sword lunge coding).

My biggest issue with spear-chucking the flag would be that most people would just do it 24/7 to get their flag back as fast as possible. They'd have to add in some way to limit its effectiveness, like maybe a cooldown or only letting you throw it if your crosshairs are red (so basically screwing with the sword lunge coding).

Touch return, 3 second return, maybe not allowing the flag to be thrown like the OB but give it a "hovering" trait so that when you drop it, it slides a little depending on momentum and the surface it's on. They need to look to Halo 1/2 for inspiration on how to make CTF fun again because the gametype has been slow as molasses since Halo 3.

Have you tried Murder Miners? Murder the Flag is really fun and seems pretty balanced. Maybe with a throwable flag it'll make the games faster and actually be practical for a 5 cap CTF match.

CTF is pretty much my bread and butter since halo 2, but flag tossing has always annoyed me. If they bring it back, at least get rid of the "Flag taken! Flag Dropped!" repetition.

I think the flagnum idea 343 had was a cool way to mix things up a bit, thats the thing I have the least problems with. The issue is that they did a lot of other perplexing and not fun things alongside that change, like the inability to drop the flag, auto pickup (whyyyy?), and the constant marker showing where the enemy carrier is.

Nebula

CTF is pretty much my bread and butter since halo 2, but flag tossing has always annoyed me. If they bring it back, at least get rid of the "Flag taken! Flag Dropped!" repetition.

Pretty sure this was the reasoning behind the flag system changing, may be wrong though.

sk3tch

Finally got into multiplayer in Halo 4 this past weekend...so yeah, a bit LTTP. Ha. I am loving it.

If I want to have all of the map packs (or the ones you guys recommend) do I need both the War Games Map Pass (link - $24.99) and the Champions Bundle (link - $9.99)? It is a bit confusing that there is a season pass subscription yet there is content that is not available within that subscription - or maybe I am interpreting wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Finally got into multiplayer in Halo 4 this past weekend...so yeah, a bit LTTP. Ha. I am loving it.

If I want to have all of the map packs (or the ones you guys recommend) do I need both the War Games Map Pass (link - $24.99) and the Champions Bundle (link - $9.99)? It is a bit confusing that there is a season pass subscription yet there is content that is not available within that subscription - or maybe I am interpreting wrong.

Thanks in advance!

To get all of the maps you need war games map pass and champions bundle.

Yeah, you need both, the Season Pass only included the first four map packs and not anything in the Champions Bundle. If you feel like spending more, you could always hold out for the Halo 4: Game of the Year Edition for $50 which I think has all the Halo 4 content made so far in a shiny new case.

sk3tch

To get all of the maps you need war games map pass and champions bundle.

Yeah, you need both, the Season Pass only included the first four map packs and not anything in the Champions Bundle. If you feel like spending more, you could always hold out for the Halo 4: Game of the Year Edition for $50 which I think has all the Halo 4 content made so far in a shiny new case.

Ah, OK. Thanks. Have there been any sales or do you think there will be any? I can occupy myself without the packs for a while if it means I'll save a few bucks soon. Probably not worth waiting...

Ah, OK. Thanks. Have there been any sales or do you think there will be any? I can occupy myself without the packs for a while if it means I'll save a few bucks soon. Probably not worth waiting...

I think there was a sale on the first 3 a while ago, but don't quote me on that.

Obscured

I just switched out my modem for that same one. As much as people hate Comcast I've had really good luck with them. They sent me something in the mail saying they had improved my service but my modem was holding me back and then did the typical, you can rent from us or go out and buy it yourself with a link to their suggested ones, which that Motorola one was the top listed. My speeds have almost doubled. It is amazing how many companies try to charge you even when they have you do it yourself (including Comcast), but they've been better for me the lately. Although sometimes watching Netflix or playing games I wonder if I'm getting throttled although in general I have very little in the way of complaints.

Halo related- I'm enjoying Ricochet, though I'm not seeing much ball throwing yet. I was going to skip these maps, but ended up playing with a good group of randoms the other night who all wanted to go in so I grabbed them. The Pit is the pit, though I do like that hatch in the sword room. Haven't tried the other one yet as everyone want to play the Pit 24/7, but actually glad I picked them up now. Played my first match of Legendary BRs and while I can certainly do the math on the typical Halo 4 scoring, I liked that it was back to 1 kill 1 point. Felt very clean for such a simple change.

I'd like to test a gametype where you have to actually carry your flag back to base. It would have to be worth a bunch of points to do and not have a waypoint on your head but I think it could be an interesting method to returning flags. It could work with 1-flag or multi-flag setups too.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Throughout the month of September, we’ll be giving away big XP rewards on the weekends, with increased values for Friday, Saturday and Sunday Challenges. Here’s what’s coming this weekend:

Friday:
Up Close and Personal: Earn 5 CQC Medals in a single match.
2000 XP

Raise the Flag: Win 5 matchmaking Capture the Flag matches.
4000 XP

Saturday:
Drop Bears!: Assassinate 3 Players in a single match.
2700 XP

I Predict a Riot: Earn 4 Killing Spree medals in a single match.
3200 XP

Sunday:
Game Over, Man!: Complete 10 matchmaking War Games matches.
3500 XP

Got Backup: Get 40 kills with a Secondary Weapon.
4000 XP

All new challenges? Very cool to see. I'm not too crazy about the gameplay affecting ones but ones like the CTF challenge are nice.

Top Bottom