• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Matchmaking is supposed to be limiting - there's far too much bullshit to sort through otherwise. They gave players a way to share their shitty custom gametypes and maps via fileshares and web integration. That's enough. When they beg for a playlist, tell them no and that it's a stupid idea. A custom games browser would only fuck things up even more since there's already 30 playlists and only like thirteen people playing at a given moment. Stuff Grifball, SWAT, Infection, Infinity Slayer, and all that other bullshit into one playlist called Dumb Fuckery and call it a day.

I'd gladly take a browser that will more than likely adopt the settings that universally fit that Halo best (110% speed, no Camo AA, etc.) over the "maybe I'll have some fun with this 'TrueSkill' and terrible base settings playlist.." mentality Halo fans have come to accept.

That being said, there doesn't have to be one or the other. Both systems can exist, providing even more options and diversity for Halo fans to find quality games. What you're complaining about is one of the most common negatives against a CGB, but other games have already proven they can be done properly. Halo's population is such crap because of how limiting Matchmaking has always been, so imagine if players were able to play with the best settings for "default" Halo whenever they wanted?

When the majority of your community wants a faster Halo and the developers refuse to give it to you, what are your options?

1. Set up Custom Games - Tedious and time consuming
  2. Stop playing the game
And what we're seeing now more than ever is number 2: Many people have stopped playing Halo, so isn't it time for an advancement?

ffs

Magic is happening here.

I understand, Ricochet is a dumbass gametype that will never be anything though.

Neuty Bomb on the other hand. Is absolutely gold. Still will suck in Halo 4, but thats not the gametypes fault.

They just spent so much time making this stupid gimmicky "New" gametype, and now here we are STILL trying to shape it into what we ACTUALLY want. Its the basic trend of Halo. You get something that sucks but is ALMOST good, and then you spend WAY TOO LONG trying to FORCE it to be something, that ultimately its not, because it was never designed to be it.

We just need more people inside, that understand what the fuck we all want. This has been a basic problem though since the beginning.

IHaveIce

Banned
Actually Riccochet is a cool gametype, if it would have been present in Halo 3 you would have no problem with it.

Though I agree on the bomb part.

heckfu

Banned
I understand, Ricochet is a dumbass gametype that will never be anything though.

Neuty Bomb on the other hand. Is absolutely gold. Still will suck in Halo 4, but thats not the gametypes fault.

They just spent so much time making this stupid gimmicky "New" gametype, and now here we are STILL trying to shape it into what we ACTUALLY want. Its the basic trend of Halo. You get something that sucks but is ALMOST good, and then you spend WAY TOO LONG trying to FORCE it to be something, that ultimately its not, because it was never designed to be it.

We just need more people inside, that understand what the fuck we all want. This has been a basic problem though since the beginning.

Juices, you don't even play Halo to know anything about Ricochet. You often have good ideas but come on, you're not even helpful anymore. GSO.HGS.

I watched it being played. Its gimmicky, its like some stupid throwing grifball, bomb type mode. It'll never be as good as Neuty Bomb. Just give us what we want.

Remember you dont have to play to realize things. Halo 4 pre-release and HaloGAF proved that.

Hire Juices.

Fuchsdh

Hey Juices, some amazing Oracle of Delphi knowledge for you: you're never going to be hired for anything because you'd rather sit on your ass and complain than put any effort into getting experience or reaching your goals. I can only imagine the rest of your life is on the same level. Enjoy your bitterness and depression. You deserve every moment.

Of course. Its a gametype released in the turbo era.

Wait, so are the balance updates from the Turbo TU only found in stuff you can download from matchmaking, meaning I need to replace my on-disc gametypes for basic things like Slayer and CTF?

Hey Juices, some amazing Oracle of Delphi knowledge for you: you're never going to be hired for anything because you'd rather sit on your ass and complain than put any effort into getting experience or reaching your goals. I can only imagine the rest of your life is on the same level. Enjoy your bitterness and depression. You deserve every moment.

Get fuchsdh, juices.

I agree Halo 4 sucks, everyone agrees, but you can't call something a piece of shit, unless you've played it. Yes, people said that about Halo 4, and yes they were right, but they were, at best, making an educated guess until the game came out. At least play the fucking gametype and recognize the merits it have before you just shout GSO and #HGS, and this Hire Juices diarrhea everywhere.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Jesus christ

This is what Halo 4 has done to us

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Wait, so are the balance updates from the Turbo TU only found in stuff you can download from matchmaking, meaning I need to replace my on-disc gametypes for basic things like Slayer and CTF?

Take it easy guy lol. You actually know next to nothing about Juices.

And yea, you need to grab the types from MM to use them in customs.

heckfu

Banned

Well at least you aren't bitter or anything.

Heckfu gives me all I need for my depression thank you very much.

Overdoziz

Banned
Bwahahahaha

But why are you so mad about it?

Damn Fuchsdh. You are missing the point (and clearly don't really know Juicy in the slightest).
If you're not interested in conversing with Juices any more, just put him on ignore and move on.

This post serves no one, did it even appease your frustration?

Get fuchsdh, juices.

I agree Halo 4 sucks, everyone agrees, but you can't call something a piece of shit, unless you've played it. Yes, people said that about Halo 4, and yes they were right, but they were, at best, making an educated guess until the game came out. At least play the fucking gametype and recognize the merits it have before you just shout GSO and #HGS, and this Hire Juices diarrhea everywhere.

OK So you agree Halo 4 sucks, you agree people made an educated guess and were correct about the game before it was played. BTW please note that the people who did play it ahead of release thought it was great and then suddenly were shocked it sucked when released....because of pre-release elite special circumstance fanboyism syndrome.

But then you say I have to play a gametype I've watched very much before I can say its not as good as a gametype I've played hundreds of times?

OK your logic is a little weird.

As soon as I get some XBL time though I'll be sure to hop on and play some Ricochet. Then my opinion will be valid? Sounds good. Seeya soon!

Sai-kun

Banned

yeah get shit on juices!!!!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I think that was a little too fuchsdh.

daedalius

yeah but the rest of us fucking do. and that's all you do.

thanks for being a pedantic ass.

original

Instead of meta discussion, I'll just post images and gifs from now on.

Damn Fuchsdh. You are missing the point (and clearly don't really know Juicy in the slightest).

What was the point?

didn't someone in here get banned for meta discussion a little while back? could have sworn.

also you were saying how we're not pushing discussion forward, and then you vow to only post images? LOL

Yea I need to make an angry post about how shitty the game is and to vote with my Xbox and not play it.

Contribution!

Ughh, no my contribution is the leading of all you to brilliance. I'm going to save Halo, the prophets have foretold this. I'm just waiting.

Also you are aware you are speaking to a Halo Community Leader are you not?

daedalius

Ughh, no my contribution is the leading of all you to brilliance. I'm going to save Halo, the prophets have foretold this. I'm just waiting.

Also you are aware you are speaking to a Halo Community Leader are you not?

I dunno Juicy... the prophets were wrong after all!

Its the basic trend of Halo. You get something that sucks but is ALMOST good, and then you spend WAY TOO LONG trying to FORCE it to be something, that ultimately its not, because it was never designed to be it.

That's more life in general though.

OYzDjDA.gif

daedalius

Oh ffs, that's not even funny (Waher's gif).

Juices isn't on some life quest to get hired, it's a running joke.
He's a perfectly capable person with his own goals, like most of us here.

He is also a prophet! He will lead us to salvation with the rings! We must find the oracle now!

Oh wait, it's fudsch! Just look at his avatar!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey who was is that said they had made a Basketball Ricochet gametype? Could they have it ready for next Saturday? We could totally play that in the customs next weekk.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey who was is that said they had made a Basketball Ricochet gametype? Could they have it ready for next Saturday? We could totally play that in the customs next weekk.

There's a basketball gametype? Okay, that actually sounds pretty damn fun. If you guys have room or I'm free that day, I can play. I could stream too, although I'm super rusty.

Top Bottom