• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

It would be like Legendary BRs (but maybe with DMRs?), but everyone gets the Stability perk (the anti-flinch one). Something a little bit like Zero Bloom in Reach, which I enjoyed.

Edit: Gah, they give those shitty preset loadouts in Infinity for people who don't have full unlocks, so seems like allowing that content in customs wouldn't break the oh-so-fun unlock metagame too much.

Just shut up and join the Sunday night tequila crowd already.

Fuchsdh

Isn't it because it's unlocked through specializations? I think I remember reading somewhere that only 343 has access to that option. Or modders / Megalo-pros of course.
Yeah I discovered that yesterday. You can only add the non-specialization tac and support packages to custom loadouts. Also the survivor one doesn't seem to show up, which sucks because I wanted to use it for a custom scenario. Either that or I'm blind.

Tawpgun

Yeah I discovered that yesterday. You can only add the non-specialization tac and support packages to custom loadouts. Also the survivor one doesn't seem to show up, which sucks because I wanted to use it for a custom scenario. Either that or I'm blind.
Damn sloppy oversight

TCKaos

It would be like Legendary BRs (but maybe with DMRs?), but everyone gets the Stability perk (the anti-flinch one). Something a little bit like Zero Bloom in Reach, which I enjoyed.

Edit: Gah, they give those shitty preset loadouts in Infinity for people who don't have full unlocks, so seems like allowing that content in customs wouldn't break the oh-so-fun unlock metagame too much.

I think you can use Megalo to give everyone every launch perk simultaneously. I'm not sure, though.

Gui_PT

Your title makes no since R.I.P stand for Rest In Peace. your title says Rest in Peace in Peace halo

That+s+the+catch+falacy+math+to+make+a+joke+_13acb23c760a88a5fd38ae02ba10bdf9.jpg

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=R.I.P. in peace

IHaveIce

Banned
Lol making infinity slayer DLC required killed alot of the remaining population it seems.

Beam Rifle on Skyline in Legendary BRs is fucking nuts. Why are they able to ruin almost good gametypes with such stupid weapon placements.

Lol making infinity slayer DLC required killed alot of the remaining population it seems.

Beam Rifle on Skyline in Legendary BRs is fucking nuts. Why are they able to ruin almost good gametypes with such stupid weapon placements.

This was probably Domino Theory's suggestion.

This was probably Domino Theory's suggestion.

If it went his way, there would be 12 scattershots on every map.

Beam Rifle is just kind of dumb to have on any map, I'm surprised they haven't nerfed it yet considering it's more powerful than the Binary with people who can aim at things.

guis pls, Chill Out had a Rocket, Shotgun, Sniper, Plasma Rifle, OS and Camo (much like most Halo 1 maps).. Go complain about your power weapons on maps elsewhere.

Thank you.

And for discussion purposes lol, I'm fine with things like this as long as we have a weapon to combat the abundance of these power weapons that isn't a power weapon itself, but takes a lot of skill to master (ie: H1 Magnum).

Yes, I know the Beam Rifle is ridiculously easy to use but what's the alternative for Halo 4? Never having it in multiplayer? Nah, just gotta nut up or shut up when it comes to Matchmaking because its restrictive and prone to terrible choices by nature.

guis pls, Chill Out had a Rocket, Shotgun, Sniper, Plasma Rifle, OS and Camo (much like most Halo 1 maps).. Go complain about your power weapons on maps elsewhere.

Thank you.

And for discussion purposes lol, I'm fine with things like this as long as we have a weapon to combat the abundance of these power weapons that isn't a power weapon itself, but takes a lot of skill to master (ie: H1 Magnum).

Yes, I know the Beam Rifle is ridiculously easy to use but what's the alternative for Halo 4? Never having it in multiplayer? Nah, just gotta nut up or shut up when it comes to Matchmaking because its restrictive and prone to terrible choices by nature.

The issue is having beam rifle on small maps. If it were maps where most situations require zooming in (which has less autoaim), that's less of an issue than Skyline. Skyline should never have a beam.

IHaveIce

Banned

Thank you.

It was just about the Beam Rifle.

And yes, not putting it into MP would be a good start, the sniper could be there, or well on skyline other power weapons make way more sense.

Havok

Maybe they could fix it in some kind of big, hyped balance patch that is put forth as the second coming. Oops, guess the SAW and Mantis needed a buff more than the Beam needed to be fixed!

IHaveIce

Banned
Maybe they could fix it in some kind of big, hyped balance patch that is put forth as the second coming. Oops, guess the SAW needed a buff more than the Beam needed to be fixed!

They first have to check if Tashi and Greenskull have the time to be brought to them.

LOL holy shit, only 747 people playing Infinity Slayer as of right now, I'm going to read the Waypoint forums to see the fallout.

Tis' good entertainment.

I don't know guys, what's easier than using a Rocket on Chill Out that travels 2980734234 mph, has a blast radius of a nuke and spawns every 2 minutes on the dot?

Maybe they could fix it in some kind of big, hyped balance patch that is put forth as the second coming. Oops, guess the SAW and Mantis needed a buff more than the Beam needed to be fixed!

I SAW what you did there.

-EDIT-

Sounds like a rocket launcher that behaves like a rocket launcher on maybe a small map.

Touché, but that thing was no Rocket. It was more. Just reliving my frustrations with that game.

If Halo 1 had XBL, DLC and updates..............

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't know guys, what's easier than using a Rocket on Chill Out that travels 2980734234 mph, has a blast radius of a nuke and spawns every 2 minutes on the dot?

I SAW what you did there.

Sounds like a rocket launcher that behaves like a rocket launcher on maybe a small map.

While the beam rifle is never used as a sniper rifle, because the thing has such a huge autoaim you just don't need to scope. I would prefer a rocket launcher with 2 rockets in the clip spawning on the same timer on the map instead of the Beam Rifle

Fun fact, Halo: CE was released closer to DooM than it was to Halo 4.

The beam rifle is just ridiculous as-is and either needs to be patched or taken out of small maps where it's basically intsagib. They did take away some of the rockets on Legendary Haven (for the two weeks the playlist existed after that, anyway), so they do change stuff, just not as consistently as anybody playing the game would like.

Fuchsdh

As I recall they did reduce the beam rifle's aim magnetism. It probably could have been addressed further-- it's still fairly easy to use. I don't actually ever scope in with it--I just go for the snapshots. More fun that way anyhow.

Good point, a game released in 2001 with no intended online capabilities is better designed in every possible way than a game released in 2012.

Fight me.

I was just thinking that bringing up an only marginally relevant piece of nostalgia you had about a game from twelve years ago and then dismissing people talking about the current game (in the thread for that game) is kind of ridiculous.

People still play SpOps?

I'll probably give it another run with skulls, I think I have to finish the last episode mission 4 & 5 still so I'll probably check out the skulls mode there.

I hope dedi's move to asynchronous mode and remove input latency. I'd play the hell out of firefight/spops/coop in the next title if that is the case.

I was just thinking that bringing up an only marginally relevant piece of nostalgia you had about a game from twelve years ago and then dismissing people talking about the current game (in the thread for that game) is kind of ridiculous.

Oh wow.. smells serious in here.

ExWife, you've done a poor job with this man's training.

XBC, my host, 1v1 HEH honors. Fight me.

Fuchsdh

I'll probably give it another run with skulls, I think I have to finish the last episode mission 4 & 5 still so I'll probably check out the skulls mode there.

I hope dedi's move to asynchronous mode and remove input latency. I'd play the hell out of firefight/spops/coop in the next title if that is the case.

Play with me. My connection is laced with fairy dust--some FUD chaps and I played through them as they released with an Aussie and didn't have any issues the majority of the time.

(Still sucks to be outside of NA though, no doubt about it. Hopefully Microsoft is investing some of those fabled servers to those parts of the world that get shafted. And hopefully they'll lift the absurd bandwidth caps so we can make full use of our connections. The more people playing co-op campaign, Firefight, whatever, the better.)

Play with me. My connection is laced with fairy dust--some FUD chaps and I played through them as they released with an Aussie and didn't have any issues the majority of the time.

(Still sucks to be outside of NA though, no doubt about it. Hopefully Microsoft is investing some of those fabled servers to those parts of the world that get shafted. And hopefully they'll lift the absurd bandwidth caps so we can make full use of our connections. The more people playing co-op campaign, Firefight, whatever, the better.)

Sure thing, I'll give it a try and if it's super delayed I can always be the bullet sponge decoy ;) Time difference is always an issue mate, I'm GMT +10 or AEST (whichever is easier for you to match up a time to play). I usually play around 9PM-11.30PM 3-4 times each week (week nights usually and weekends sporadically).

On another note I've randomly been finishing my legendary missions (got 3 left) and every time I play reclaimer I get the glitch where the mammoth just halts and you can't progress. UGH! I've restarted it once before so I think I'm up for uninstalling + cache clearing + reinstalling to get that ticked off. Also on the weekend a mate came over and wanted to play the campaign on normal, so I totally forgot about my progress on the Infinity campaign mission and now I'll have to do that one over again too. Double UGH UGH!

On replaying the campaign legendary randomly I've seen so many parts that were throwbacks or inspired by previous Halo campaign missions, it's quite a lot actually. I've also seen the AI doing some fairly impressive things when you're bunkered down. However I've also seen the usual Halo NPC friendlies not get in your hog too many times.
Stupid Hog AI...Feels like Halo again and no marine I don't have the gun because there is no way you're driving me on legendary mate

bookcover660.jpg

A shameless copy of Lord of Admirals B.next post. I'll be picking this one up when available in Aus, I've always liked having the Halo art books on my coffee table. Waypoint headline article link here

Halo 4 Visual Guide Notable Facts

Characters:

Master Chief:
-New armor designed by Cortana; based off an early line of Mk. IV

Del Rio:
-Left Requiem to cut Infinity's losses and salvage what remained of its assets

Halsey:
-Birthworld Endymion

Doctor Tilson:
-Expert in Xenoarcheology
-Birthworld Coral
-Scholarship at Pegasi Institute

Librarian:
-Full Name First-Light-Weaves-Living-Song
-Height 9' 6"

Didact:
-Full Name Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
-Height 11' 4"

Palmer:
-Birthworld Luna

Roland:
-Created to replace Infinity's AI that perished in its crash on Requiem in 2557

Thorne:
-Single-handidly saved an entire platoon during the battle of Criterion
-Served on Tribute and Reach
-Fought alongside Colonel Ackerson on Mars

Demarco:
-Former ODST

Hoya:
-Refugee from Asmara
-Found sanctuary on Circumstance
-Former ODST
-POW; Escaped saving a dozen naval officers in the process

Madsen:
-Became Spartan-IV due to his father and grandfather being Generals in the UNSC

Grant:
-Birthworld Arcadia
-Impressive athletic ability led to her being used to field test Gen-II Mjolnir; later became full-fledged Spartan-IV

Glassman:
-Astro Physicist and Quantum Theorist
-Assisted Halsey in installing Infinity's Forerunner engines

Gek 'Lhar:
-Birthplace Island of Alyctos just off northern shores of Kaepra
-Ruthless Warrior

Parg Vol:
-Field Master in old Covenant
-Despised Brutes and Prophets
-Genocidal views against Humanity
-Post war saw him as an arms dealer
-Lead small task force under Jul 'Mdama

Factions:

Marines:
-Heavy Infantry (Green Armor w/ face masks; encountered on level Infinity)
-Medic (Lightly armored, white armor w/ red stripes)
-Field Sergeant (Green armor w/ cap)
-Standard Infantry (Grey-tan armor)

Spartans:
-All S-IVs are considered equal in rank
-Several Hundred

ONI Security:
-Heavy armor
-Black
-Deployed at Ivanoff station
Note: Eerily mimics Builder Security

Scientists:
-Light blue underclothes = Quantum Physicist
-Light Brown underclothes = Xenoarchaeologist
-Small group survived Ivanoff Station's composition by hiding in the nearby asteroid field; later recovered

Storm Grunt:
-Nose rebreather used to increase FOV

Imperial Grunt:
-Served in previous Covenant
-Methane pack looks like Balaho Octopoda

Grunt Heavy:
-Skilled enough to accompany Elite fireteams
-Methane pack has analog eye sockets of Unggoy predator

Storm Jackal:
-Unique appearance of Kig-Yar due to Jackals being isolated to the continent of Ibie'sh, retaining their reptillian ancestory

Jackal Sniper:
-Helmet Smart-linked to weapon, offering extreme range target acquisition

Jackal Heavy:
-Uses Needler

Hunters:
-Armor composed of Covenant starship hull-plating

Storm Elite:
-Performs in Scout, Marksman, and Assault roles
-Extremely prominent in Jul's Covenant

Elite Ranger:
-Operates in same roles as Storm Elites

Elite Commander:
-Served in old Covenant for decades
-Ornate armor displays heritage and skill
Note: Picture shows Elites can still starfish!

Elite Warrior:
-Demonstrated impressive skill, but didn't serve in command roles in old Covenant
-Pauldrons bolster shields

Elite Zealot:
-Armor native to Hesduros zealotry
-Toe-claw indicates Kaidon status

Crawler:
-Deployed deep into Flood redoubts to soften Flood infantry
-False-mandibles act as weapon cowlings.

Crawler Snipe:
-Knob on head serves as long range sensor
-Hump on back serves as supplemental enemy stacks
-Devastatingly accurate at extreme long ranges

Alpha Crawler:
-Guides Crawler packs
-Hardlight spikes on back indicate status

Watcher:
-Ancillas based on the Knights they originate from
-Fins and legs are stabilizers
-Upper carapace houses AI
-circular wings are source of lift

Knight:
-Guarded Requiem
-Knobs in underside of Carapace serve as Hardlight Shield generators

Knight Lancer:
-Wings on back are Sensor Arrays
-Focused on long range elevated combat

Knight Commander:
-Incredible tacticians
-Heavily armed
-Light patterns indicate command
-Rippling light caused from energy expenditure

Knight Battlewagon:
-Walking weapon
-Known to single-handidly lay siege to fortified sites
-Extremely dense armor
-Protruding knobs on underside of carapace serve as heavy-grade shield distributor
-Electricity you see on top of carapace is excess energy discharge

Weapons:

Assault Rifle:
-Most pervasive model is the MA5D

Battle Rifle:
-BR85 is Misriah's best BR model

DMR:
-Success of the BR55 in the Marines saw limited use of the M392
-M395 is the best DMR model
-Preferred by Scout, Recon, and Pathfinder operators; sometimes over the Sniper

Railgun:
-Railguns have been mass produced for decades
-ARC-920 is the most successful Railgun

Magnum:
-M6H has been the primarily used Magnum since 2555

Sticky Detonator:
-Acheron Security acquired the rights to the M363 RPD after CDS' destruction by the Covenant
-Manufactured in low qualities during insurrection

Sniper Rifle:
-Series 5 is highest in production

SAW:
-M739 LMG is most recent SAW

Rocket Launcher:
-Locks on to targets via heat signatures

Spartan Laser:
-Circle on back end is the energy cell

Shotgun:
-Concept of Shotgun considered antiquated
-Still in service due to effectiveness in Urban Warfare and Ship Boarding action

Machine Gun:
-Most common in UNSC is the M247H

Target Designator:
-Used for air strikes, orbital strikes, F-99 Wombat strikes, and Mammoth strikes

Frag Grenade:
Note: literally nothing new

Hyperion Missile:
-One of the most prominent Nuclear missiles
-Widely used by Frigates and Destroyers

Onager:
-Used as defense network on Infinity
-Cleared space debris from around Ivanoff Station; repurposed to target Covenant dropships

Scythe:
-Used on Infinity's defense grid
-Larger model than the M71 (Halo Reach Auto Turrets)

Lance:
-Missile Launcher used on ships and terrestrial locations

Vulcan Machine Gun:
-Mounted on Warthog
-The M46 is more inaccurate than prior models providing persistent firepower over a larger sector

Rocket Turret:
-Mounted on Warthog and Mammoth
-Fires Argent V Missiles

Gauss Cannon:
Note: Nothing new

Flank Gun:
-Fixed to fuselage of Pelican
-Covers Pelican's blind spots
-Fires depleted uranium rounds
-Mounting an M410 is risky on a Pelican

Deployable Turret:
-Fires 12.7mm rounds
-automated
-cooling system
Note: Dominion Turret; Cooling system seems to be the EMP area meaning the EMP is just gameplay

HAVOK Nuke:
-Intriguingly easily portable given their extreme payload
-Used in combat and mining

Plasma Pistol:
Note: EMP Ability confirmed canon

Needler:
-Stock serves as power supply
-Crystals used in the Needler first discovered on Sanghelios Moon of Suban
-Mining sites on Suban continued during Sangheili Civil War

Storm Rifle:
-First weapon in production in the Lodam Armory
-Greatly upgraded over Plasma Rifle; is Plasma Rifle's replacement

Carbine:
-Fires ammo similar to Fuel Rods used in the FRG
-Primary means of killing enemies is by expelling radioactively charged chemicals

Beam Rifle:
-T27 Most prominent Covie Sniper

Shade:
-T55 follows tradition of diversifying the Shade weapon emplacement

Concussion Rifle:

Fuel Rod Cannon:
-Considered overkill when used on infantry
-So successful its tech has been integrated into the Banshee and other ground support aircraft

Energy Sword:

Gravity Hammer:
-The Sacred Promissory's destruction in High Charity has resulted in the Gravity Hammer becoming incredibly rare.

Plasma Cannon:

Plasma Grenade:
-Aggressively clings to specific heat and/or movement signatures

Scattershot:
-Used prominently by Builder Security
-Used during evacuations from Flood.

Lightrifle:
-Pioneered during ground campaigns of the Human War.
-Used by Warrior-Servant Marksmen
Note: Description mentions that Ancient Humans used multiple types of particle rifles

Binary Rifle:
-Designed early in Forerunner history
-The Z-750 is the most recent model used to combat the Flood
-Uses Anti-matter particles jacketed with a charged beam to disintegrate enemies

Incineration Cannon:
-Used when assaulting locations believed to hold Graveminds
-Used to destroy early Spore Mountains

Pulse Grenade:
-Used to cauterize FSC growth

Focus Turret:
-Covenant reverse engineered Forerunner Focus technology to create the T52 Focus Rifle

Welcome back Warher, GAF SoapOpera returns.

rgkB79x.gif

Features

Packs the FPS Creator game and all its supplementary files into a single file
Creates encrypted archives using strong encryption algorithms
Compression methods provides good compression rate and high speed
Runs in virtual file system from user level, no admin privileges necessary
Add splashscreen image for loading screen
Auto save Mode
Configurable storage location
Password protection
No temporary files
Supports stand-alone games

Note - does not support multiplayer arena games

Note - does not support multiplayer arena games

does not support multiplayer arena games

ShgJQgM.gif

It seems like something interesting to look into though, so thanks for the pointer.

Also, wouldn't you know it, I come back and I'm not the one to have a weapons megapost, Ozzy is.

Fuchsdh

bookcover660.jpg

A shameless copy of Lord of Admirals B.next post. I'll be picking this one up when available in Aus, I've always liked having the Halo art books on my coffee table. Waypoint headline article link here

Welcome back Warher, GAF SoapOpera returns.

Yep, I'm surprised it sounds like a solid book. Wish they'd just revise and update the Encyclopedia so that you only needed one book to rule them all, oh well.

Speaking of which, I'm going to be doing an interview with Stephen Loftus, a fan who served as a sort of technical advisor for the previous guide and this one. If anyone has any questions you want to pose to the guy, let me know. I'll prolly crosspost to HaloGAF too.

EDIT: Page 117 for the 50pp elites.

Top Bottom