• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

The only way I ever actually get kills is by being a janitor.

e7dAnL6.jpg

Juan

Off topic, but it's good for you (well, I hope). Are there Windows Phone users here? I've got a new Halo game to show you today!

It's called Spartan Runner and it is a endless runner game where you play as a Spartan, which you can customize as well, made by the team who has brought you Halo Zero years ago. We are proud to give it to you today. :)

It's free and you can compete with your friends using the leaderboard in the game. You can also win credits to buy some upgrades for your weapons and even for the jetack (trust me, you will love the jetpack in this game!).

Here's the link to download the game from the Windows Phone Store : Spartan Runner for Windows Phone

And if you want to use a QR Code, scan this one :

We had some good review on /r/Halo, /r/windowsphone and even Windows Phone Central, so I hope you will have fun with the game.

Enjoy :)

Madness

Are you the same JuanGGZ user who used to post here a while back? The game seems well made, why only Windows Phone though?

Omni

Full parties seem to be a common occurrence. Or at least a vast majority of games involve groups in teams now.
Yeaaap. Can get very frustrating!

It just makes everything sooo unbalanced. Even a hint of coordination will demolish 95% of players out there.

Woorloog

Banned
Who the fuck has put a Forged map that has frame rate issues when playing alone to this game? What the fuck?
EDIT the map is Malice.

Fuchsdh

Off topic, but it's good for you (well, I hope). Are there Windows Phone users here? I've got a new Halo game to show you today!

It's called Spartan Runner and it is a endless runner game where you play as a Spartan, which you can customize as well, made by the team who has brought you Halo Zero years ago. We are proud to give it to you today. :)

It's free and you can compete with your friends using the leaderboard in the game. You can also win credits to buy some upgrades for your weapons and even for the jetack (trust me, you will love the jetpack in this game!).

Here's the link to download the game from the Windows Phone Store : Spartan Runner for Windows Phone

We had some good review on /r/Halo, /r/windowsphone and even Windows Phone Central, so I hope you will have fun with the game.

Looks cool. I'm a Mac and iOS guy so I've never gotten to play Spartan Zero. Although now I do have an XP VM--will hafta find it.

belushy

Banned
So a COD Champs regional event is starting at 12 PM and there are 6 former Halo pros on teams. Final Boss (Ogre 2, Snipedown, Snakebite, Ace) is the 16th seeded team, Enable is on the 12th seeded Denial.West team, and Formal is on the 2nd seeded Team Kaliber team.

edit: Sorry to be offtopic, I just know there is a few here who might be interested.

So a COD Champs regional event is starting at 12 PM and there are 6 former Halo pros on teams. Final Boss (Ogre 2, Snipedown, Snakebite, Ace) is the 16th seeded team, Enable is on the 12th seeded Denial.West team, and Formal is on the 2nd seeded Team Kaliber team.

edit: Sorry to be offtopic, I just know there is a few here who might be interested.

Where can we watch it?

Vico

Are you the same JuanGGZ user who used to post here a while back? The game seems well made, why only Windows Phone though?

Dobermann, the developer, only owns a windows phone, and he also knows Microsoft wouldn't let such a game be on a competing platform.

Ampoc

Neo Member

I told a buddy of mine to get that on his Windows Phone and it actually was pretty fun. Kind of jelly though, I don't have a Windows Phone :/

The new 300 movie was so good in certain aspects. It centers on a bunch of Athenians who desperately want the help of Sparta + the Spartan Army throughout a chunk of the film.

Every time they were mentioned it was just "We need Spartans!" "We need their help!" "Dey so gud" "omg Spartans are here!"

It reminded me a lot of Halo - in the first two games every time Chief showed up it was "Holy shit it's a Spartan!" "The cavalry has arrived!" "Oh god Scarab just blew up our tank! We're - oh hey Chief lets go FSU."

Then Reach and Halo 4 belittles Spartans to little more than common foot soldiers that die left and right from jackals, grunts, and promethean scrubs.

Make them warrior gods and goddesses again plz 343

belushy

Banned
Where can we watch it?

Sorry, just now saw this. Here is the link if you haven't found it yourself yet. Link

Final Boss got 3-0 swept by Complexity and 3-0'd by FaZe in LBR1, so they are out of the tournament. Denial.West(Enable's squad) got 3-0'd by Optic Gaming, and Formal's team came back to win 3 in a row to win it's first round match, and then won 3-0 in their WBR2 match.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yall, we need to get some games going when Proving Ground hits. If we show our support for it, we could save Halo!!!!!!!1

But really, it sounds fun.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yiss

Do you have a mic yet?
Thanks for the reminder, lol. I'll go order a cheap one right now. Or actually, if anyone has a spare one they want to give me, that'd be cool. I'll pay for shipping!

Looks awesome, I'll definitely check this out on my 1020. :)

CyReN

Watching the CoD US Finals makes me miss competitive Halo, crazy the support MLG, Activision, and Infinity Ward are doing this weekend to support the scene. This isn't a knock at 343i btw, liked H4GC but this is insane. what's being done, but the spectator mode with oracle >>

Hope we get a shot again the competitive scene.

blamite

Game looks awesome, and super well made, unfortunately it runs like butt on my old-ass WP7 phone. :(

I've always found Halo more fun without radar though, even without knowing why.
Some specifics: It makes situational awareness and map knowledge more important, it limits effectiveness of camping (you can't see when someone is approaching you without peeking behind a corner). Sure, lacking radar disables crouch-sneaking but since that is slow, the overall pace of game is faster, which is better (to an extent, there is such thing as too fast but Halos have never had that problem yet).
Well said.

OT but Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is fucking funnnnnnnn

Omni

Lagged out, sorry guys. I think the heat today is screwing with my internet connection... Will join up next time though.

Not gonna frustrate myself by playing as is haha

Booshka

Watching the CoD US Finals makes me miss competitive Halo, crazy the support MLG, Activision, and Infinity Ward are doing this weekend to support the scene. This isn't a knock at 343i btw, liked H4GC but this is insane. what's being done, but the spectator mode with oracle >>

Hope we get a shot again the competitive scene.

Yea I miss wasting an entire weekend to MLG Halo every couple months, just watching the tournament for 8-10 hours a day. Hopefully the next Halo is at least good enough for MLG to pick up and players to get invested in, I don't think I will ever take it that seriously again, but it was nice to follow the Competitive Halo scene, and live vicariously through the players that still took it seriously.

Top Bottom