• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Madness

I could feel my ears burning.

my 60fps mancave is almost done.

VDqBmIJ.jpg

That wood design for under the HVAC/Ducts turned out pretty nice.

Can we stay on the topic of how awesome Halo 4 is? Thx. Or are we going off topic now?

I was, like, this close to making that joke before I got worried my track record combined with shitting on the franchise director would get me great journeyed.

Omni

4's dlc maps are more of a look and don't touch thing. I'm not even sure there's a play list that they have a consistent enough appearance, to validate their purchase.

Haha yeah. I bought the map pack with the Pit remake in it a few weeks ago and I've played on it once. Haven't even seen the other map that came with it yet

Booties

Banned
Yea my coworker was like "Halo, that game got really bad" "Whats with all this everybody wins crap?" I was like "OMG thats amazing you said that".

Coming from an IRL'er I was like wow other people think this way? Awesome.

Yeah. I was talking with little cousins in the states like two days ago. They just ordered the TitanFall Halo bundle. I asked them about Halo coming in the fall if they were excited, and they said no, Halo sucks now, no one even likes it much.

These were kids who'd beg just to watch my play Halo 3, would go crazy to even have a few matches of Reach, bought Halo 4(because of me I guess), to now saying it sucks. Not saying that it's a bad thing, less derp kids, but it does hint into how it's becoming an almost-ran in a sense. Longtime fans have left, are doubtful or hesitant, casuals or those who follow what's popular, its not even on their radar much anymore.

My girlfriend taught 7th and 8th graders last semester, when GTAV came out. They talked about Halo like it was some old dusty game. When she tried to relate to them through video games she'd mention I play Halo and they would say "Oh, that's an 'old head' game."

Hurt my feelings, but it's true. :(

But the game sold fine and it was a system seller of the LE but I died pretty fast when Black ops came out then I saw a lot of used Halo 4 games instead.

Game sold a lot because it was highly anticipated. Probably the last time that can happen unless there is considerable hype for the next one AND TF isn't that great.

sofa is pretty beat. But comfy and just moved it from upstairs. Just waiting for doors to come back with glass in em and hardware. This (weird recumbent bike nook) is where I play from:

XDwPBve.jpg

Even your SWAT chariot has a Halo-feel to it. Must be the blue lighting.

Mistel

Banned
Haha yeah. I bought the map pack with the Pit remake in it a few weeks ago and I've played on it once. Haven't even seen the other map that came with it yet
I've played wreckage and shatter and that's it. I've not ever played the other dlc I've brought but apparently the maps aren't go so that's no loss.

Who needs the DLC when you can play infinity slayer on abandoned.
People who wish to retain any resemblance or sanity, says the supposed halo 4 masochist...

Woorloog

Banned
People who wish to retain any resemblance or sanity, says the supposed halo 4 masochist...

Gah, i hope i didn't piss you off or something. How about "Fabulous rouge trooper"? Does that make you feel better? (BTW, i can't pronounce "fabulous").

Halo 4 DLC taught me one thing though: For Halo 5, don't buy any MP DLC (SP DLC would be wonderful but it doesn't happen ever) until it is shown it is common enough and good enough. (Ignoring that whether i will ever get Halo 5 is a question mark in itself, but not due to 343i but rather MS and Xbone...)

The only DLC maps i recall having played, in MM, are Shatter (framerate issues in splitscreen make the map unplayable, thus i haven't actually played it), Wreckage (shit, ugly), Harvest (always in 4v4, despite the map being BTB sized where it is not available), and once i got Daybreak (in SWAT, meaning i didn't get a feel of the map).

The last time i will get a season pass, or collectors edition with season pass. What a shitty concept, way to sell stuff without preview possibility. I wonder if they're actually legal in EU...

Mistel

Banned
Gah, i hope i didn't piss you off or something. How about "Fabulous rouge trooper"? Does that make you feel better?
Nah it's fine. Rouge trooper was a bit of a backfire anyway. You could if you really want to make me feel better, buy me a 1969 Shelby GT 350 fastback?

Halo 4 DLC taught me one thing though: For Halo 5, don't buy any MP DLC (SP DLC would be wonderful but it doesn't happen ever) until it is shown it is common enough and good enough. (Ignoring that whether i will ever get Halo 5 is a question mark in itself, but not due to 343i but rather MS and Xbone...)

The last time i will get a season pass, or collectors edition with season pass. What a shitty concept, way to sell stuff without preview possibility. I wonder if they're actually legal in EU...
I'm going to wait and see not only the maps themselves but the overall management direction in general before I buy anymore matchmaking dlc. Really if it's not integrated properly then it's not worth it anymore.

How could it not be EU legal? (explain it as if you where talking to a child which I am technically)

Omni

I've played wreckage and shatter and that's it. I've not ever played the other dlc I've brought but apparently the maps aren't go so that's no loss.
That's true. Second map pack was apparently good though *shrugs*

Limited Edition was such a waste of money. Hahaha :(
tumblr_lzpoojneGY1qc0b55.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Nah it's fine. Rouge trooper was a bit of a backfire anyway. You could if you really want to make me feel better, buy me a 1969 Shelby GT 350 fastback?
A what?
How could it not be EU legal? (explain it as if you where talking to a child which I am technically)

I don't know, i just wonder because with season pass, you buy future stuff without knowing what they're, they could be random crap for all you know. There is no promise and guarantee of quality or the ability to actually play and use (ignoring existence of custom games so i'm not exactly right here) what you paid for.

Guess it is like Kickstarter... considering i won't ever fund any game via it (it is a goddamn donation, not an investment in legal sense), i shouldn't bother with season passes. Too similar. IMO.

Yes it is. And the extras are pretty bad too. I may not like Reach but its Limited Edition with Halsey's Journal is the best damn Collector's Edition there is. Don't think it will be topped anytime soon.

Mistel

Banned
That's true. Second map pack was apparently good though *shrugs*

tumblr_lzpoojneGY1qc0b55.gif
I can't even name a map from that second map pack I don't even remember it's name...

One positive is that mine was a present so I've only spent like £7 on it for that last pack thing.

It's a car look:
1969_00136_03.jpg

Map pack quality is far too hit and miss for me to ever consider buying a season pass for it.

Booties

Banned
Ughh I'm having salt flash backs to Halo 4's release. I can't believe how much money they milked out of this game via LEs knowing it may be the last big halo release. I didn't buy it, but I can't believe how many people paid in advance for bad DLC.

Game sold a lot because it was highly anticipated. Probably the last time that can happen unless there is considerable hype for the next one AND TF isn't that great.
I don't think Titanfall will eat up Halo numbers that much considering we're most likely looking at a fall release. A next gen, 60fps Halo is going to be a big deal -- the hype will be there as will the anticipation. Execution on the other hand, we'll just have to wait and see.
Ughh I'm having salt flash backs to Halo 4's release. I can't believe how much money they milked out of this game via LEs knowing it may be the last big halo release. I didn't buy it, but I can't believe how many people paid in advance for bad DLC.
I think the DLC maps were far greater than what we received at launch. It just sucks how it's locked behind a paywall.

Booties

Banned
I don't think Titanfall will eat up Halo numbers that much considering we're most likely looking at a fall release. A next gen, 60fps Halo is going to be a big deal -- the hype will be there as will the anticipation. Execution on the other hand, we'll just have to wait and see.

I think the DLC maps were far greater than what we received at launch. It just sucks how it's locked behind a paywall.

No one is hyped or anticipating halo anymore. Not after halo 4. Execution will mean building the hype like they used to (see halo 3 believe campaign). A 60fps game is expected, not anticipated.

There is a nice gap between TF and halo which is beneficial.

No one is hyped or anticipating halo anymore. Not after halo 4. Execution will mean building the hype like they used to (see halo 3 believe campaign). A 60fps game is expected, not anticipated.

There is a nice gap between TF and halo which is beneficial.
Do you venture outside this thread at all? There have been multiple threads where people have said they're ready to dive into a next gen Halo as long as it's legit, even within HaloGAF threads. People seem to be cautious, sure, but to say "no one is hyped or anticipating Halo anymore" is completely false lol.

EDIT:
It also helps that the new COD this year is from a new developer and franchise fatigue is finally setting in.
If they play their cards right, I can see CoD having an explosive start on Xbox One/PS4 granted they put their resources to take full advantage of the hardware.

CoD is not going to die that easily, as much as it pains me to say.

Booties

Banned
Do you venture outside this thread at all? There have been multiple threads where people have said they're ready to dive into a next gen Halo as long as it's legit, even within HaloGAF threads. People seem to be cautious, sure, but to say "no one is hyped or anticipating Halo anymore" is completely false lol.

NeoGAF is a very small, niche portion of the entire halo population. Most of the people on NeoGAF talk about halo and don't play it. What about the people who aren't part of the conversation? Halo isn't even on their radar. Wake up.

NeoGAF is a very small, niche portion of the entire halo population. Most of the people on NeoGAF talk about halo and don't play it. What about the people who aren't part of the conversation? Halo isn't even on their radar. Wake up.
Wake up? Did my post come off as aggressive? If so, my bad lol

On NeoGAF threads related to anything Halo, I'm surprised you haven't seen people talking about this very thing. But anyway, it's not just NeoGAF dude. Look around, people are hoping the next Halo is legitimate because it's the Microsoft exclusive that many people have fond memories of. The Mario of Microsoft, if you will. Couple that with people being hyped over Halo 2, although acknowledging it probably won't be a significant system seller on its own, and I can't see how anyone can make a statement like "no one is anticipating a next gen Halo;" that's a crazy hyperbole IMO.

Booties

Banned
Wake up? Did my post come off as aggressive? If so, my bad lol

On NeoGAF threads related to anything Halo, I'm surprised you haven't seen people talking about this very thing. But anyway, it's not just NeoGAF dude. Look around, people are hoping the next Halo is legitimate because it's the Microsoft exclusive that many people have fond memories of. The Mario of Microsoft, if you will. Couple that with people being hyped over Halo 2, although acknowledging it probably won't be a significant system seller on its own, and I can't see how anyone can make a statement like "no one is anticipating a next gen Halo;" that's a crazy hyperbole IMO.

I'm looking around at an old, salty group of players who have moved on and demand results before they spend more money. I follow halo/video games in general and I know next to nothing about the future of the franchise. Hyperbole? You just compared Halo to Mario. Pot. Kettle. Somethingsomething.

For example:

Hard to anticipate or be excited or even hyped about a Halo game you know nothing about but that it is coming.

See what I mean?

I'm just going to stop replying to your posts because whenever I do you just ignore facts and make up some subjective argument to fit your words. It's 2014, not 2004. Take off the rose-tinted glasses.

EDIT:
If they play their cards right, I can see CoD having an explosive start on Xbox One/PS4 granted they put their resources to take full advantage of the hardware.

CoD is not going to die that easily, as much as it pains me to say.

I know CoD won't die, it's just that it helps that Ghosts sold bad for a cod game (even though it's a very good CoD game) and the next game is from a new developer.

That said, i think that because it's being made for next gen consoles and is probably Modern Warfare 4, it might make up for it.

Sometimes I'm tempted to jump on halo 4 because it's been so long since I've played halo, but the interest is never strong enough. Halo 4 has really become the Mario Kart of the xbox. Blue shells and power ups of randomness.

Edit: Actionsack works as a niche play list to occasionally jump into to have fun, but you don't use it as the foundation for what used to be one of the top fps competitive shooters.

For example:

See what I mean?

I'm just going to stop replying to your posts because whenever I do you just ignore facts and make up some subjective argument to fit your words. It's 2014, not 2004. Take off the rose-tinted glasses.
No offense to Woorloog, but he didn't even know you can back out before you vote.. And plus, one example is sufficient enough to disprove what I'm saying? Why are you being such a prick anyway? Ignore my posts then lol, I couldn't care less.
I know CoD won't die, it's just that it helps that Ghosts sold bad for a cod game (even though it's a very good CoD game) and the next game is from a new developer.

That said, i think that because it's being made for next gen consoles and is probably Modern Warfare 4, it might make up for it.
Yeah this is what I'm thinking.

EDIT: Oh and Booties, were you not around for that single post Stinkles made about Halo returning to its roots, being the first 60fps Halo and "culling every weapon except for the CE Pistol?" Did you not see the many posts of hype over literally nothing new?

EDIT 2: Booties, when you say I ignore "facts" you must be referring to that Grenade Launcher discussion we had. I wasn't ignoring what you brought up, but I see you were clearly ignoring all the points I made.. Good to know I wasted my energy trying to show you how those "stats" did not depict the entire story.

Woorloog

Banned
No offense to Woorloog, but he didn't even know you can back out before you vote..

I blame bad UI (does anyone actually like Halo 4 in general?). it is not like it is clearly labeled anywhere.

I'd actually anticipate Halo 5 if Xbone didn't seem so bad a platform :/ For all Halo 4's flaws, overall i like it. Hell, i liked Reach at times, despite often hating it here.

As a long time fan of halo, a part of me will always get excited for new releases. But it's hard to believe the series can be redeemed. Not because it's impossible, but because developers have deviated too far from the original formula and are too stubborn to cut out all the crap they've added. It's a downhill spiral that would require some major balls to rectify. I just don't see it happening. The solution is to always add more stuff rather than the opposite - Halo 4.

I can't even name a map from that second map pack I don't even remember it's name...

I dont remember any map Halo 4 outside Exile and Abandon.

I dont regret buying the LE but the extras were a little bad then the same extras went to purchase on the marketplace later and LE price got cheaper in a month for more than a half of its original price.

Mistel

Banned
What's a car...
Gah. I can't understand cars. I won't bother understanding cars. Or what people see in them. Doubly so for sports cars.
It's got a nice big V8 engine, 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and 126mph top speed when it was brand new of course... Techinically its not a sports car it's a pony car the Ford muscle car is the Torino.

I dont regret buying the LE but the extras were a little bad then the same extras went to purchase on the marketplace later and LE price got cheaper in a month for more than a half of its original price.
I've still seen unsold limited editions for about 3-4 months after it was released, I've even seen them sat next to the everything in a box one.

Woorloog

Banned
As a long time fan of halo, a part of me will always get excited for new releases. But it's hard to believe the series can be redeemed. Not because it's impossible, but because developers have deviated too far from the original formula and are too stubborn to cut out all the crap they've added. It's a downhill spiral that would require some major balls to rectify. I just don't see it happening. The solution is to always add more stuff rather than the opposite - Halo 4.

Considering AAA games a big business, telling producers that we've got to reduce stuff is kind of impossible i reckon.

Fuchsdh

It's got a nice big V8 engine, 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and 126mph top speed when it was brand new of course... Techinically its not a sports car it's a pony car the Ford muscle car is the Torino.

I've still seen unsold limited editions for about 3-4 months after it was released, I've even seen them sat next to the everything in a box one.
I've never understood people trying to ascribe collectible status to mass-market goods. The H4 LE was certainly limited, but that certainly doesn't mean they're going to make so few they appreciate in value dramatically.

I haven't seen an LE number higher than 1,000,000 so it's likely that's how many they produced.

FYC

Banned
Medal Madness is alright. I have to agree that some of the modes don't work well on certain maps(Hail Mary and Double Kill come to mind), but there's a bit of fun to be had. Is there a way to keep track of the amount of medals each team has per round? Scoreboard seems to just count kills.

Also got the map packs I was missing. Yay. Doubt I'll run into them in MM, but at least I won't mess up Customs again.

Fuchsdh

Medal Madness is alright. I have to agree that some of the modes don't work well on certain maps(Hail Mary and Double Kill come to mind), but there's a bit of fun to be had. Is there a way to keep track of the amount of medals each team has per round? Scoreboard seems to just count kills.

Also got the map packs I was missing. Yay. Doubt I'll run into them in MM, but at least I won't mess up Customs again.

I'm assuming it doesn't display due to limitations of the scoreboard--rejiggering it to show all the variables. that Medal Madness shows and dynamically change that might be a bit of a programming conundrum. It's always been the case that for certain gametypes the scoreboard has been less than helpful. Its utility got slightly expanded in Halo 4, so hopefully it continues in the future.

I'm probably going to have time to run full-blown customs again on the 22nd.

FYC

Banned
I'm assuming it doesn't display due to limitations of the scoreboard--rejiggering it to show all the variables. that Medal Madness shows and dynamically change that might be a bit of a programming conundrum. It's always been the case that for certain gametypes the scoreboard has been less than helpful. Its utility got slightly expanded in Halo 4, so hopefully it continues in the future.

I'm probably going to have time to run full-blown customs again on the 22nd.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Oh, and this is tonight:

rgXBg5V.jpg

Can we not talk about this please. Thanks

Top Bottom