• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Nebula

It was really fun to attend an event as well. Although to this day I still can't drink Dr. Pepper.

I like the taste but it's incredibly gassy. Makes me feel bloated... Like Halo 4's playlists.

:)

I'll be on 4 for a few hours I think. No headset as my ear is still nice and painful. Just invite me/Join me for BTB.

Booties

Banned
I like the taste but it's incredibly gassy. Makes me feel bloated... Like Halo 4's playlists.

:)

I'll be on 4 for a few hours I think. No headset as my ear is still nice and painful. Just invite me/Join me for BTB.

Join me....

Ok matchmaking sucks. Tried starting a game with 10 players after dropping us from a match of 16. We need more team mates if anyone else feels like playing

Nebula

I surprised Storm isn't kicking about. But yeah it took a bit long to get a game which ended up being laggy anyway.

Probably see something at E3 Juices.

FyreWulff

Halo 4 seemed to be a clusterfuck of professional promotion after the dust cleared. All the hubbub at first, then Virgin outbidding MLG for the rights, then AGL quasi-taking over the hardcore playlists then imploding.

Still don't know why there can't be a community hardcore playlist actually run by the community in this game instead of a single person farting out settings.

Booshka

Did we find out yet if Halo 5 be catering to competitive players? Any word from 343i?

We won't really know if it caters to competitive players from a gameplay and map design perspective, until a month after release and the honeymoon is over.

Hopefully, there is parity with CoD for League play, spectator mode and other features that support competitive play and spectating.

Good games yesterday, I dont know wh we met a bunch of like 5 guests teams then a random complete enemy team in CTF

It was really fun to attend an event as well. Although to this day I still can't drink Dr. Pepper.

I tried to drink the cherry flavor, good lord why people drink that thing.

willow ve

At the beginning of my last match I shot an AFK kid in the head 6 times with the Light Rifle. He didn't die so I gave up and reloaded. Then I get a headshot medal while I'm reloading. OK.
Game is full of lag and half filled games today. So basically Halo 4.

Nebula

Me and Kittens just pooped on Team Slayer. He backpacked me first game then I backpacked him second :) Close game that second one.

Booties

Banned
JIP really fucked halo 4 over big time. I would rather play by myself so I can quit out of games without spoiling a party than play with a team. JIP and backing out during voting ruined the game's balance even more because it's never a level playing ground before it even starts.

Ugh. Sorry guys, this shit sucks today.

Actually, if any of you guys want to help me get that "No man left behind" achievement, I'd be very grateful.

Omni

I joined a game where I was literally the only person on my team yesterday.

In CTF on Valhalla.

A little annoying to join a game to immediately be spawn killed several times...

Its all good guys the game is completely social, just stay in the game crack a cold one make some friends and wait til next game where you will be matchmade again with new players. You all do have infinite amount of time to shit away correct?

Booties

Banned
Its all good guys the game is completely social, just stay in the game crack a cold one make some friends and wait til next game where you will be matchmade again with new players. You all do have infinite amount of time to shit away correct?

Lol, it is sad that the game was beyond saving after 3 months. 343 has obviously given up on this title. Onto whatever's next!

Booshka

Depending on how well Titanfall moves Xbone's, 343i may have a huge burden to shoulder by making a console seller this Fall. Halo was historically a system seller, but after Reach, H4 and CoD, I don't see it clearing the shelves like it used to.

Madness

Depending on how well Titanfall moves Xbone's, 343i may have a huge burden to shoulder by making a console seller this Fall. Halo was historically a system seller, but after Reach, H4 and CoD, I don't see it clearing the shelves like it used to.

Yeah. I was talking with little cousins in the states like two days ago. They just ordered the TitanFall Halo bundle. I asked them about Halo coming in the fall if they were excited, and they said no, Halo sucks now, no one even likes it much.

These were kids who'd beg just to watch my play Halo 3, would go crazy to even have a few matches of Reach, bought Halo 4(because of me I guess), to now saying it sucks. Not saying that it's a bad thing, less derp kids, but it does hint into how it's becoming an almost-ran in a sense. Longtime fans have left, are doubtful or hesitant, casuals or those who follow what's popular, its not even on their radar much anymore.

Yea my coworker was like "Halo, that game got really bad" "Whats with all this everybody wins crap?" I was like "OMG thats amazing you said that".

Coming from an IRL'er I was like wow other people think this way? Awesome.

But the game sold fine and it was a system seller of the LE but I died pretty fast when Black ops came out then I saw a lot of used Halo 4 games instead.

CyReN

Most of my friends have moved on to CoD after Reach and are really excited for Titanfall, it isn't so much it "real" or "military" but Halo went away from being Halo in the latest titles. They don't know anything MLG but they want 1-50 (in-game ranks back) and arena gameplay. It's quite interesting how Halo 1-3 were able to be so fun socially but also the best competitive titles at that too with minimal changes (for the most part).

It seems the series has shifted from a title you would be proud to talk to with friends, now you are hesitant to bring it up. Series seems easy to fix in some context, hope it doesn't continue and become the Sonic of FPS.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I could feel my ears burning.

my 60fps mancave is almost done.

VDqBmIJ.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That sofa will be a nightmare to get stains out of. The white Xbone looks so much better.

sofa is pretty beat. But comfy and just moved it from upstairs. Just waiting for doors to come back with glass in em and hardware. This (weird recumbent bike nook) is where I play from:

XDwPBve.jpg

Ghazi

sofa is pretty beat. But comfy and just moved it from upstairs. Just waiting for doors to come back with glass in em and hardware. This (weird recumbent bike nook) is where I play from:

XDwPBve.jpg

Hey, at least you don't have that tiny, tiny TV to play on anymore while you run*

*If I'm remembering the story right, about a tiny TV.

Mistel

Banned

XDwPBve.jpg
Very efficient space usage. Thank goodness that sofa is old, if it was new I would feel bad as it's an ugly color as well as a stain magnet.

I also still need to buy the majestic & bullseye map pack. Not interested in the others really.
I'd not buy them they rarely come up in matchmaking, I've only played on 4 different dlc maps through the whole life span of the game this far.

Top Bottom