• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Omni

They better have fucking kept rock guy.

Yaaah. Thinking back on it, my favourite levels in this game (visually) were just filled with rocks

H4-Forerunner-Pylon-1.jpg

This one in particular. So very pretty. Looks almost cell shaded, even

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Ah, thought there was a seed of truth that helped make it funny.

Nah, that whole thing was funny for multiple reasons. That picture was taken at my desk with my personal Oculus Devkit. Just another example on how easily things can be blown out of proportion in places where people generate discussion 24 hours a day. I sent our community team a heads up as it was breaking just as a heads up. When possible, I like to be a good corporate citizen.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I get my setup in tonight, anyone down to play Proving Ground later? It will have to be after I watch that DotA 2 documentary however.

I get my setup in tonight, anyone down to play Proving Ground later? It will have to be after I watch that DotA 2 documentary however.

Goddddddamnit I would be there but I will be at work super late. Just remember to keep your super-secret Tashi powers under control.

Chettlar

Banned
No, Reach Firefight was better simply because it was customizable IMO. Better than Spartan Ops, for sure!

Customizable? You mean cosmetically? I mean yeah, I agree Reach's cosmetics are great, but how does that make it better?

Out of the interest of keeping the thread open, we should probably stop this train of discussion (and questionable opinions). Not to mention you agreed with Orochinagis, who probably only said that because he needs the settings just right so that he can assassinate all the covies.

Now, about Halo 4, tomorrow evening (Wed), ~7PM PST. Need a fix.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. Just wanted a quick answer.

Ghazi

Customizable? You mean cosmetically? I mean yeah, I agree Reach's cosmetics are great, but how does that make it better?
No, he meant as in all the traits of the gametype itself being open to customization. Reach Firefight had a ton of options.

Chettlar

Banned
No, he meant as in all the traits of the gametype itself being open to customization. Reach Firefight had a ton of options.

Oh, I see. I've mostly played campaign when I got my fingers on Reach, so I didn't know.

Hm. I'm just as undecided as before. Because I have the opportunity in a couple weeks to get either ODST or Reach. I know I want to play both, obviously. Just asking some things about 'em.

Fuchsdh

Oh yeah, I forgot Proving Grounds was a thing. We tend to churn through the news so quick I forget when announcements actually take effect :p

Got a game of HBO March Madness to play at 9PM EST and I'll probably be on for a while after that. Heard some good stuff about the playlist thus far and that means that it's probably party-required for fun times.

Oh, I see. I've mostly played campaign when I got my fingers on Reach, so I didn't know.

Hm. I'm just as undecided as before. Because I have the opportunity in a couple weeks to get either ODST or Reach. I know I want to play both, obviously. Just asking some things about 'em.

I'd say ODST, personally, as it has a short but stronger overall campaign and if you get people to play Firefight with you it's amazing. Reach Firefight you're going to be playing arcade style or solo anyhow so I'd pick the stronger FF overall.

Oh yeah, I forgot Proving Grounds was a thing. We tend to churn through the news so quick I forget when announcements actually take effect :p

Just checked the playlist info. Why in the fuck is Abandon in the map pool? What is the obsession with keeping that map in MM? Guess I know what I'll be making sure I never play in the playlist.

Also, Extraction is the new rotational playlist. Good stuff. Oh wait, multisite (read: boring) variants are still half the playlist. And Abandon again... seriously...

Just checked the playlist info. Why in the fuck is Abandon in the map pool? What is the obsession with keeping that map in MM? Guess I know what I'll be making sure I never play in the playlist.

Also, Extraction is the new rotational playlist. Good stuff. Oh wait, multisite (read: boring) variants are still half the playlist. And Abandon again... seriously...

I guess I don't remember it having framerate issues... but that's the only nice thing I can say about it.

Fuchsdh

Played an excellent game of CTF on a really nice Narrows remake.

Also someone has a Sanc remake on Ravine that's really nice, blue base uses the waterfalls. Which reminds me, waterfalls for Halo 5 Forge?

Played an excellent game of CTF on a really nice Narrows remake.

Also someone has a Sanc remake on Ravine that's really nice, blue base uses the waterfalls. Which reminds me, waterfalls for Halo 5 Forge?

I had some fun times with those guys you were with, but the last 3 games were just unplayable. It was like playing against a host on another planet.

Top Bottom