• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Kibbles

I got a Surface Pro 2 and with Halo 2 there is some weird issue with the graphics spazzing out right away at the start screen. Anyone have this problem and know of a fix? :S Was looking forward to little portable Halo 2 action.

Bring back clan matches so us randos don't have to deal with the assholes.

Also btb games without plasma nades are dumb as fuck what are they thinking.

Omni

lolPulse grenades. I laugh whenever someone wastes their time trying to get me with one of those.

Though apparently I've died twice to them in 6000 deaths *shrugs*

I added another medal to my Sabotage player reward system.

Fast-break2.png
Fast Break: Lock a generator 3 seconds or less after it finished cooling.

Lobby test will be Sunday night.

This looks like fun I can't wait to try it it already sounds better than than domination. By Sunday night do you mean GMT or PST? If it's the former then I'll happily test it with you.

I dunno about time zones but it'll probably happen a couple hours earlier than HaloGAF customs used to so it should be alright for you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I got a Surface Pro 2 and with Halo 2 there is some weird issue with the graphics spazzing out right away at the start screen. Anyone have this problem and know of a fix? :S Was looking forward to little portable Halo 2 action.

I think we had a user post a similar problem in the Waypoint forums. Here's a video of someone who was having similar problems but was able to find a solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omVXwvcrSFw

Hope that helps!

Mistel

Banned
There seems to be a nice little bug where the post game stats last night and Halo Waypoint forgot I played a game on Vortex.
If it was a join in progress match it happens sometimes, I've had 3 or 4 games not show up, if I joined after the start. If it wasn't then I've got no ideas.

Omni

Played a game of CTF on one of the Forge maps in matchmaking... Dispatch, I think it is.

I'm not even exaggerating here, but I was getting single frames per second. And so was everyone else on my team. It was literally unplayable

Released

The 'feel' of a 30fps game compared to a 60fps. How the hell can you enjoy the feel of latency in the game registering your inputs?

The fact that there are people who support 30fps is completely mind boggling to me.

willow ve

...Yes. I vastly prefer the look and feel of 30fps as opposed to 60fps on any screen, whether it's movies or games.
I think you would feel differently if you had the same game side by side. 60fps is a must for this gen. No more horrible frame rate forge maps like in Halo 4. Or even worse, that first DLC where frame rate hits around 12 fps when looking through the center of the map.

Ghazi

The 'feel' of a 30fps game compared to a 60fps. How the hell can you enjoy the feel of latency in the game registering your inputs?

The fact that there are people who support 30fps is completely mind boggling to me.

Damn, dude, calling out all
3 of
those DmC fans? lmao.

belushy

Banned
I know what Fuch is saying. He probably suffers from motion sickness or similar, which is something I have a slight problem with too. Halo 4 hurt my eyes when I first started playing it for long periods of time.

Mistel

Banned
I'm not really fussy over frame rate as long as it works and looks decent I'm fine. Do you think they could actually reach 60 without halo 4 levels of trickery for the game campaign wise?

CyReN

After playing Halo 3/Reach/4 for the first time in 5 or so months:

-Halo 3 - is still good, a lot of cheaters now though. Still love the graphic style.
-Reach - NBNS is awesome, love the sniper still, liked the dirty medals.
-Halo 4 - Played 4 games I think, quit all of them. Proving Ground with Radar? Why? BR sounds like my dog farts.

So yea, bring on H2A/H5.

Bad news everyone, tonight is El Clasico (Barcelona vs Real Madrid) which means I'll probably be too drunk/
high
to get a lobby going :/

I'll try to host the lobby sometime later this week.

Just 100% Halo 2. Now onto Spartan Assault and I'll have 100% across all Halo games.

I can finally put that Vista crap behind me and stop saying "Halo 2 achievements don't count!" ;]
Bad news everyone, tonight is El Clasico (Barcelona vs Real Madrid) which means I'll probably be too drunk/
high
to get a lobby going :/

I'll try to host the lobby sometime later this week.

Hi
gh
five!

Fuchsdh

Wooh, NeoGAF shit posts? I'm honored.

I think you would feel differently if you had the same game side by side. 60fps is a must for this gen. No more horrible frame rate forge maps like in Halo 4. Or even worse, that first DLC where frame rate hits around 12 fps when looking through the center of the map.

Well no matter the frame rate I think consistency is more important than anything else--if Halo 6 or whatever needed to be sub-1080p to maintain a solid 30 or 60 or 48 or 120 or whatever frame rate, than I would prioritize keeping that frame rate over anything else visually. It's like how Hulu drops your resolution to keep the frame rate steady. You're going to notice the choppiness more than blockiness.

I know what Fuch is saying. He probably suffers from motion sickness or similar, which is something I have a slight problem with too. Halo 4 hurt my eyes when I first started playing it for long periods of time.

I don't suffer from motion sickness in real life, but I dunno if that's my issue with 60fps stuff. It's not just first-person, because Minecraft regularly runs at 40-60fps on my PC and it doesn't bother me. Maybe it's just my background in animation and film where I spend my time staying away from stuff that makes your work look like a crappy soap opera.

I completely understand the arguments for 60fps, and I don't think Halo 5 going 60fps is going to kill my love of the franchise or whatever, but I expect I'll still vastly prefer the "more cinematic" frame rate.

Mdot

I was playing TItanfall by my cousin as well and noticed how quickly it moved with the 60 fps. But I think it was more due to the sensitivity and the speed of the game itself. It'll work great for Halo since it's a little more methodically paced. Can't see it as a bad thing to run better.

I can see halo 5 sacrificing resolution to have locked 60fps.

Any battlefield 4 players here? Got it on 360 and it's pretty fun.

Is it vastly better on x1? The higher player count and I'm assuming better graphics? The 360 version looks kinda terrible

Tawpgun

Please, explain how I'm "stone-age".

30 FPS is stone age!

Its gonna take longer to get High Framerate in movies, if it will happen at all, but every game would benefit from having more frames.

I'm playing Dark SOuls 2 now and I'm pretty sure they unlocked the framerate there. Some areas you can get it to hit 60 like and it looks so smooth.

There was also some post Frankie made saying after he playtested the new 60fps halo he couldn't go back

Please, explain how I'm "stone-age".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not true that the 24p standard was chosen in the late 1920s because it used the least amount of film while maintaining proper synchronization with sound tracks? So the film standard we use in 2014 was born out of economical and technological limitations of the 1920s? And because it has been used for almost a century now people just associate a low framerate with the look of film even though it's blurry as fuck in any sort of fast-paced action scene?

I can see halo 5 sacrificing resolution to have locked 60fps.

Any battlefield 4 players here? Got it on 360 and it's pretty fun.

Is it vastly better on x1? The higher player count and I'm assuming better graphics? The 360 version looks kinda terrible

RE: BF4 The Xbox One version dosnt look so hot in some places.

RE:H5 If I can have rock solid 60fps I'll take 720p no question. Metal Gear looks pretty good but the silky smooth frame rate makes all the difference.

RE: BF4 The Xbox One version dosnt look so hot in some places.

RE:H5 If I can have rock solid 60fps I'll take 720p no question. Metal Gear looks pretty good but the silky smooth frame rate makes all the difference.
Yeah I'd happily take 720 and locked 60fps.

Those resolution argumenta on gaming side is some of the corniest nerd shit I've ever seen.

The majority of the market don't care about it

Top Bottom