• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

I have always wondered how Master Chief felt about the other Spartans after the S-II's, he wasn't in action around the S-III's, but definitely with S-IV's this time in Halo 4. Kinda an empty feeling if you're in his position seeing and knowing about the Spartans that came to be after his fellow team and S-II's are MIA & KIA years before. The only other beings left alive that actually give a damn about Chief, are Halsey, Laskey, Lord Hood, Arby, and perhaps Blue Team.
I think it's more of a question of just how human chief is. A lot of the above would effect a average soldier a fair bit, but chiefs just hard wired to battle and duty.
I guess cortana effected him a fair bit, at his core he is still human. To rely on her through some of the battles and horrors his seen then have her taken away he would feel something, even if he doesn't understand what those feelings are.
I guess it'll be fleshed out in the future. Just my thoughts of whats known thus far.

Fuchsdh

I'd love to see someone cosplay that armor. All the new kids would think it was just a poor job. All the vet's would know what's up.

Might be mistaken for Doomguy Spartan.

So Ninja Assassins is featuring a EVA Spartan

10001413_629192860495322_5614974426696956574_n.jpg

Am I cry

Why am cry? EVA is nice.

Had I to choose which armor sets should always be in the games, I'd pick Mk V, MkVI, EVA, CQB, Scout, Recon, Soldier, ODST, Operator, Prefect, Recruit, and Wetwork. Halo 4 has plenty of good sets but the overall quality is I think a little lower due to the proliferation of samey, no-visor sets (at least in the helmet department.)

As a lot of other people have noted the actual designs might look a lot better with a next-gen material as well (although why the hell would the armor be so scratched by default?)

Might be mistaken for Doomguy Spartan.

Why am cry? EVA is nice.

Had I to choose which armor sets should always be in the games, I'd pick Mk V, MkVI, EVA, CQB, Scout, Recon, Soldier, ODST, Operator, Prefect, Recruit, and Wetwork. Halo 4 has plenty of good sets but the overall quality is I think a little lower due to the proliferation of samey, no-visor sets (at least in the helmet department.)

As a lot of other people have noted the actual designs might look a lot better with a next-gen material as well (although why the hell would the armor be so scratched by default?)

BUT DAT HALO 3 SECURITY HELMET

armor_security_katana.jpg

The Katana was badass too

Woorloog

Banned
I know that helm gets love but I just think it looks goofy, same thing with Reach GUNGNIR.

(And then 343 make GUNGNIR look better but then came out with the SCANNER GameBoy helmet to replace it :p)

Reach Gungnir looks wonderful. Halo 4 version is horrible.
And Halo 3 Security is great, and Reach Security is horrible.

Aside from Hayabusa, all Halo 3 armors look great.

Halo 4... there are some good pieces, and overall i like the armor design, but most pieces are too similar, and boring. Should have focused quality over quantity.
EDIT Halo 4 Scout looks horrible though. And its Recon. Halo 4 EVA is okay but why does it have that chin extension?

EDIT oh and a note about Halo Reach Gungnir. It is obviously a VR display. I wonder what a Gungnir wearing Sspartan sees, probably something akin to Team Fortress 2 Pyro...

Mistel

Banned
What happened?
Someone did some very weird design choices with armor and it got accepted. Change for the sake of change again probably.
This one always reminded me of Power Rangers, but it looks so good compared to the shit Halo 4 helmets.
It does really shame that we got most of the halo 4 armor the scout helmet looks vaguely decent so that's a plus I suppose but most are plain ugly.

Hey Kame, I just matched against a dude "Comoestausted" in Titanfall. I'm pretty sure I needed to let you know.

Reminds me of a dude called pingacolada in COD. What a weird world.
Anyway I have a friend called Elhuaracheveloz and I was often mistaken as a Japanese and my spanish to japanese lol.

Why am cry? EVA is nice.

EVA is my favorite Helmet so far and I love assassinations in Halo so I am really happy to see it featured in Ninja Assassins.

Cant show me my shared files but show me my recent files

There is it, I never had the chance to assassinate a Drone in Reach, one day Mr drone, one day

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Like a year and a half from release and this still makes me laugh. What a god damn disaster
Seriously. I like that 343 tried some new things with the helmets, but most of the results were atrocious. It wouldn't have been so bad if there were more good options, but Halo 4 had maybe five helmets that didn't look terrible.

I think it's more of a question of just how human chief is. A lot of the above would effect a average soldier a fair bit, but chiefs just hard wired to battle and duty.
I guess cortana effected him a fair bit, at his core he is still human. To rely on her through some of the battles and horrors his seen then have her taken away he would feel something, even if he doesn't understand what those feelings are.
I guess it'll be fleshed out in the future. Just my thoughts of whats known thus far.
Taking all that into account, with the next Reclaimer installment I can only assume on what we might know so far about his current position he is now in and what steps that could follow after Halo 4:

Master Chief is debriefed on Earth. Is put into another team of Spartans to take on missions against Covenant forces lead by Jul. Halsey finds John and gives him the Janus Key piece to look for Cortana's personality remnants and equip him with another cortana model. UNSC and ONI target John as he is accused of being a rogue Spartan and is aiding the traitor Halsey who has ties with Jul M'dama. Chief escapes the attack while his Mjolnir armor is scarred badly. In search of Cortana, he must retrieve the other half of the key in order to track her real time location. Leading up to the event where we see him on the Ark, supposedly, facing off against some type of Gigantic Promethean-like Sentinel with long mandibles and large wings levitating above the sands of the forerunner installation.

queue monk chanting and guitar solo!

4 years since the original Xbox Live servers shut down for Halo 2, some fond memories.
RIP
Taking all that into account, with the next Reclaimer installment I can only assume on what we might know so far about his current position he is now in and what steps that could follow after Halo 4:

Master Chief is debriefed on Earth. Is put into another team of Spartans to take on missions against Covenant forces lead by Jul. Halsey finds John and gives him the Janus Key piece to look for Cortana's personality remnants and equip him with another cortana model. UNSC and ONI target John as he is accused of being a rogue Spartan and is aiding the traitor Halsey who has ties with Jul M'dama. Chief escapes the attack while his Mjolnir armor is scarred badly. In search of Cortana, he must retrieve the other half of the key in order to track her real time location. Leading up to the event where we see him on the Ark, supposedly, facing off against some type of Gigantic Promethean-like Sentinel with long mandibles and large wings levitating above the sands of the forerunner installation.

This sounds very plausible with the direction 343 seem to be taking.
I'm all for mixing the story up, but I miss the older halo stories where humanity was on their knees against the Covenant. Everything was still a mystery and the universe had infinite potential.

For the above I love all the halo 3 armour forever classics in my mind. I felt Reach had some of the best armour also, commander (or commando? Carter wore it) was awesome, looked realistic and tough. Hate to play the hate card on Halo 4 (again), but all the armour looked weak and to me at least looked less detailed than Reachs. Only cool helmet was bullseye, which was never available in Australia (pretty sure, I checked everywhere).

Never forget the armour with the floppy disc merged into the visor, RIP.

So far we have a rogue female Spartan IV, Unkown faction who wants to show up ONI shady actions, Arbiter new design and possibly the Spirit of fire crew in the comics I wonder how it would merge in the games

oObLiViOuZz

Neo Member
This is crazy. What I wouldn't give to have competitive halo on a stage like that =( I really really hope H2A is coming and that its a sign that experimental halo is over and they are going to double down on what works and keeps the core community thriving.

No doubt.. Halo 2 remake with ONLY updated graphics, maybe some new maps added to the originals, would be the best thing for halo's franchise. It's by far the best halo game.

Kibbles

Nah Hammerhead one is way uglier.

How the hell do you redeem a code on the Xbox One? I've searched all the menus I possibly can, even tried "Xbox redeem code" and that doesn't work. Ahhh this is driving me nuts. This dashboard is such crap compared to the 360 I have no idea how to do anything, going to friends is ridiculously slow and takes you away from what you are doing. *smashes head against wall*

edit: Finally found it after going through a bunch of menus, ffs.
I believe the voice command is "Xbox, use a code".

The QR scanning is wicked fast and definitely one of my favorite features.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Fuchsdh

Nah Hammerhead one is way uglier.

How the hell do you redeem a code on the Xbox One? I've searched all the menus I possibly can, even tried "Xbox redeem code" and that doesn't work. Ahhh this is driving me nuts. This dashboard is such crap compared to the 360 I have no idea how to do anything, going to friends is ridiculously slow and takes you away from what you are doing. *smashes head against wall*

edit: Finally found it after going through a bunch of menus, ffs.

I believe the voice command is "Xbox, use a code".

The QR scanning is wicked fast and definitely one of my favorite features.

what?

https://twitter.com/MartyTheElder/status/456303189998841856

Marty: I'm saddened to say that Bungie's board of directors terminated me without cause on April 11, 2014.

Wow... that is a serious blow to them. Unless they plan to stretch his Destiny 1 compositions for the next 10 years of games they really lost a unique sound for this decision =/

What the hell?

You know what to do, 343i

THIS! Although I assume he was tired of Halo music hence leaving Halo behind to make new music for destiny?

Top Bottom