• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Juan

So you're calling me out for having a minority opinion but those others who see fit to lash out at me get a free pass? I think, perhaps, you should read the rules yourself.

Also, don't patronise me. It's not appreciated.

Not for having an opinion, just not having argued your opinion with proper and good speech I guess (well, maybe I'm wrong and I missed a post from you earlier).

Opinions are welcomed at GAF if your are okay to explain why you are thinking that (and other that "it's good in another game") and to discuss about it with good arguments.

Takashi

But...it was. You're just offended we didn't like your ideas after just explaining in very detailed posts to other posters.

Nothing personal, but I don't think you should be the one saying that.

On topic, do you guys still host custom/matchmaking game nights? Or is it just sort of a "play with whoever's on" thing? Haven't borrowed Halo 4 from my brother yet but I figured I'd ask out of curiosity.

Tawpgun

Who the hell is shinobi anyway.

H2 hd mp would be goat it's just straight up easy money for MS.

Only issue is them being scared people won't leave h2 mp for h5. Which is horseshit. We left all previous games for their less good successors

Who the hell is shinobi anyway.

H2 hd mp would be goat it's just straight up easy money for MS.

Only issue is them being scared people won't leave h2 mp for h5. Which is horseshit. We left all previous games for their less good successors

I am not sure if they are worried about that. If they were why not just make the mp in H5 similar. I think us core Halo long time fans will stay with H2 but not like a tremendous amount of people will.

iMax

Not for having an opinion, just not having argued your opinion with proper and good speech I guess (well, maybe I'm wrong and I missed a post from you earlier).

Opinions are welcomed at GAF if your are okay to explain why you are thinking that (and other that "it's good in another game") and to discuss about it with good arguments.

You can check my posts if you like but I formulated my thoughts in a very respectful way. Others did not respond similarly. That's what's pissing me off. Sure, disagree with me. Tell me why you disagree with me. But don't be a dick.

Honestly with ADS, I wouldn't even know how to describe my thoughts on it. It's like asking me why I like popcorn or something. There's no reason. In most shooters, it just feels... right, I guess?

The best explanation I had (can't remember who said it now) was that the HUD's role in the in-game 'lore' (if that's the right word in this context) basically negates the need for ADS and to a point would make its inclusion pretty dumb. It's a great point and isn't something I considered.

I do wonder if ADS would be useful for a few Promethean weapons, even if only just to differentiate them from their UNSC counterparts – because right now, they're too similar on a gameplay front. But then again, you run into all sorts of fragmentation and consistency issues.

ADS probably wouldn't be a good fit for Halo, all things considered. But I'd definitely be open to 343 implementing it in a way that would be effective, logical and would make sense in the game universe.

TCKaos

Sorry, probably not tonight. Gotta go to sister's graduation in the morning tomorrow. Saturday evening'll probably be ok though I suppose. Family's in town too, so we'll see. Hopefully all the super-pros are still hanging around in Dominion Light, eh?

Seriously, I played like three games of it with you guys and I'm already CSR 25.

On topic, do you guys still host custom/matchmaking game nights? Or is it just sort of a "play with whoever's on" thing? Haven't borrowed Halo 4 from my brother yet but I figured I'd ask out of curiosity.

Customs kind of fell off after Tashi got 343'd. We're usually on with a random assortment of ExWife, Biggy, Daedalius, Fubar, Booties, Kame (and more!) one or two nights a weekend (US time). I'm sure people get on during the week still, but I'm never on then anymore so I don't know the details.

Add me (GT same as username) whenever you get 4 going.

Seriously, I played like three games of it with you guys and I'm already CSR 25.
Oh Kaos that's why you should get on more often.

Juan

ugcuserfile-6c1c08fc-5635-4e85-b520-217d3c61e150-b2bfad1ed163abd3-full

At least, I hope UI Artist and Game Designer at 343 Industries learned one thing from Halo 4 for Halo 5 : Making a less intrusive UI for the HUD.

There'd be a difference between building Halo 2 in Halo 4's base engine and just taking Halo 4 and manipulating the scripting engine ala CEA.

Considering from a technical systems perspective Halo 4's engine is probably vastly superior to Halo 2's, developing a Halo 2 remake with base systems of Halo 4's engine might make more sense than trying to slap new paint on Halo 2 and/or retool some of the areas of that old engine (netcode, party systems, etc).

Mistel

Banned
I'm playing still. My GT: Deadly Bl0ss0m I'm usually in btb or if it's there oddball. But considering i'm GMT I might not be on similar times to you.

Mix

You can check my posts if you like but I formulated my thoughts in a very respectful way. Others did not respond similarly. That's what's pissing me off. Sure, disagree with me. Tell me why you disagree with me. But don't be a dick.

Honestly with ADS, I wouldn't even know how to describe my thoughts on it. It's like asking me why I like popcorn or something. There's no reason. In most shooters, it just feels... right, I guess?

The best explanation I had (can't remember who said it now) was that the HUD's role in the in-game 'lore' (if that's the right word in this context) basically negates the need for ADS and to a point would make its inclusion pretty dumb. It's a great point and isn't something I considered.

I do wonder if ADS would be useful for a few Promethean weapons, even if only just to differentiate them from their UNSC counterparts – because right now, they're too similar on a gameplay front. But then again, you run into all sorts of fragmentation and consistency issues.

ADS probably wouldn't be a good fit for Halo, all things considered. But I'd definitely be open to 343 implementing it in a way that would be effective, logical and would make sense in the game universe.

Dude, just give it a rest. Either deal with the hostility of those who do not share your opinion or stop posting about it. It's pretty fuckin' simple

Takashi

Customs kind of fell off after Tashi got 343'd. We're usually on with a random assortment of ExWife, Biggy, Daedalius, Fubar, Booties, Kame (and more!) one or two nights a weekend (US time). I'm sure people get on during the week still, but I'm never on then anymore so I don't know the details.

Add me (GT same as username) whenever you get 4 going.

I'm playing still. My GT: Deadly Bl0ss0m I'm usually in btb or if it's there oddball. But considering i'm GMT I might not be on similar times to you.

Awesome. I'll see when I can get a borrow it, and when I can get on cause work.
But I'm just average though :( probably bad compared to you guys
Part of it is since I've only played 4 every once in a while, I'm not familiar with some of the maps and even less so the weapon spawns.

belushy

Banned
Looks like he might have just been talking about it coming out in 2015. Which we already know...

Tweet

edit: In the context, I think he is trying to shove it in the Xbox Fanboys face because I guess some of them are making fun of The Order being pushed back.

Here's a reason for ADS: Perception. Add it to a couple new weapons or replace the "binoculars" on non zoom weapons to have iron sights. Sure it may seem useless, but if it doesn't effect the rest of the sandbox and could also attract more players, then why not?

"Why not?" If people want to spawn with an AR and a Plasma Rifle, why not? Halo 4 could've benefitted from a pool of starting weapons (excluding the Boltshot, Plasma Pistol and grenades other than Frags). If people want to use a weapon that has iron sights instead of "binoculars" (what is that called anyway? lol), why not? Halo 5 could bridge the gap between ADS and arena shooters, proving to players that games don't need to be slower to include an alternate view for firing a weapon from the hip.

*Note - I hate ADS shooters, but if a couple weapons in Halo have it while not changing the core gameplay for the entire sandbox, then why not? I don't see the harm in it, unless 343 goes back on their word of returning to the classic Halo fundamentals.
I for one would be fine with H2 maps all played with H4 Legendary settings.

Maybe they could remove sprint and give us all thruster packs too :O
There'd be a difference between building Halo 2 in Halo 4's base engine and just taking Halo 4 and manipulating the scripting engine ala CEA.

Considering from a technical systems perspective Halo 4's engine is probably vastly superior to Halo 2's, developing a Halo 2 remake with base systems of Halo 4's engine might make more sense than trying to slap new paint on Halo 2 and/or retool some of the areas of that old engine (netcode, party systems, etc).
Just saying.. Headlong with some Grenade Launchers and/or Sticky Detonators would be L-E-G-I-T. I've always said Halo 4 could possibly be changed into a better version of Halo 2 than a direct Halo 2 remake, but CEA etc. etc. so people are not even open to hearing such blasphemy.

Just saying.. Headlong with some Grenade Launchers and/or Sticky Detonators would be L-E-G-I-T. I've always said Halo 4 could possibly be changed into a better version of Halo 2 than a direct Halo 2 remake, but CEA etc. etc. so people are not even open to hearing such blasphemy.

I think there's definitely a version of a game in Halo 4 that's pretty similar to Halo 2, but I assume most of the resistance would come from if it's a Halo 2 remake, people actually want a developed Halo 2 remake instead of Halo 4 settings that are similar to Halo 2.

Which I think is fair.

Here's a reason for ADS: Perception. Add it to a couple new weapons or replace the "binoculars" on non zoom weapons to have iron sights. Sure it may seem useless, but if it doesn't effect the rest of the sandbox and could also attract more players, then why not?

"Why not?" If people want to spawn with an AR and a Plasma Rifle, why not? Halo 4 could've benefitted from a pool of starting weapons (excluding the Boltshot, Plasma Pistol and grenades other than Frags). If people want to use a weapon that has iron sights instead of "binoculars" (what is that called anyway? lol), why not? Halo 5 could bridge the gap between ADS and arena shooters, proving to players that games don't need to be slower to include an alternate view for firing a weapon from the hip.

*Note - I hate ADS shooters, but if a couple weapons in Halo have it while not changing the core gameplay for the entire sandbox, then why not? I don't see the harm in it, unless 343 goes back on their word of returning to the classic Halo fundamentals.

I remember a while ago someone was worried about ADS in the next Halo and frank made fun of it. Stealth way of saying it wont happen.

B'cuz there's no real benefit to having it in a few weapons for MP including being default.

Just wasting time & resources. Having the light rifle using alternate firing modes is as far as I could see them go and perhaps polishing it with other weapons as well. Just bcuz there's a red dot that supposedly the BR in the cover might have doesn't mean it will have ADS.

belushy

Banned
Based on Thuway's tweets, I don't think it is about Halo 5 having gameplay issues or anything. Maybe he was away when Halo 5 Guardians was announced, because I think he is just hinting at Halo 5 not looking like a 2014 title (because it wasn't meant to be in the first place) so they had to push it back or something. As I said, he is fighting with Xbox fanboys on twitter right now who were making fun of The Order not making it to 2014 (presumably.)

FyreWulff

So played Halo 4 again recently with another HaloGAFfer, why are custom loadouts allowed in doubles? It's a camo hunting and camping fest

Awesome. I'll see when I can get a borrow it, and when I can get on cause work.
But I'm just average though :( probably bad compared to you guys
Part of it is since I've only played 4 every once in a while, I'm not familiar with some of the maps and even less so the weapon spawns.

Ha, it doesn't really matter how good you are because it would be literally impossible to be worse than most of the random players we've seen.

I don't see H2:A MP being on Halo 4 tbh.

I don't see any more H4 support coming at all outside of maybe a few playlist tweaks.

ntkrnl has given me more reason to believe that Shinobi and he said that MP was H2MP

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't see H2:A MP being on Halo 4 tbh.

I don't see any more H4 support coming at all outside of maybe a few playlist tweaks.

ntkrnl has given me more reason to believe that Shinobi and he said that MP was H2MP

I feel the same. Shinobi's also a huge fan of H4, he could've meant that he was a bit upset that H2 MP was untouched rather than it being H4 gameplay on H2 maps or something. I guess we'll know soon enough.

belushy

Banned
I don't know why people don't like the idea of H2A just being a Halo 4 map pack. I'm pretty sure Halo 4 is the top selling Halo ever. H2 doesn't even compare, and not only that but Halo 4 graphics are better than H2 in every way possible. I dare you to go find a pic from Halo 2 that looks better than Halo 4. It just won't happen. The textures are so much better and the resolution too. Also that h2 engine is old shitty tech at this point. Halo 4's engine is proven and battle tested, no way they would waste resources trying to upgrade that engine over Halo 4's which is better. Then we go to the gameplay and I'm pretty sure Halo 4 BTB shits on H2 BTB any day of the week. I haven't been able to get a full game of Halo 2 BTB in years, where as Halo 4 BTB has near 6,000 people daily. I can always find a game. AAs and sprint all together add a great dynamic to the gameplay and no only that but it is actually innovative. I wish they never put the BR back down to 4 shots because the DMR is the best weapon in the series and BTB in h4 was fucking beast before the Turbo patch.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
I don't know why people don't like the idea of H2A just being a Halo 4 map pack. I'm pretty sure Halo 4 is the top selling Halo ever. H2 doesn't even compare, and not only that but Halo 4 graphics are better than H2 in every way possible. I dare you to go find a pic from Halo 2 that looks better than Halo 4. It just won't happen. The textures are so much better and the resolution too. Also that h2 engine is old shitty tech at this point. Halo 4's engine is proven and battle tested, no way they would waste resources trying to upgrade that engine over Halo 4's which is better. Then we go to the gameplay and I'm pretty sure Halo 4 BTB shits on H2 BTB any day of the week. I haven't been able to get a full game of Halo 2 BTB in years, where as Halo 4 BTB has near 6,000 people daily. I can always find a game. AAs and sprint all together add a great dynamic to the gameplay and no only that but it is actually innovative. I wish they never put the BR back down to 4 shots because the DMR is the best weapon in the series and BTB in h4 was fucking beast before the Turbo patch.

You're a funny guy!

Chettlar

Banned
Nothing personal, but I don't think you should be the one saying that.

You do realize that my point about shooting someone from behind not physically being possible to slow them down was never proven wrong right? There was actually a guy who came in (somebody who knew his stuff), and said I was right.

That wasn't the issue with my argument. Nor was the main point. It was how I went about it.

So you're calling me out for having a minority opinion but those others who see fit to lash out at me get a free pass? I think, perhaps, you should read the rules yourself.

I don't recall anybody "lashing out" at you. I sensed some mild annoyance, and yeah, trust me, I've been in your position before. Except I was worse about it and had about three people ignore me for it.

Posters on here treating me like shit doesn't make my argument right. People treating you with, as you say, "hostility" (which honestly, you're overblowing it), don't make your excuse "I'm not here to argue" any more valid.

I'm not calling you out for having a minority opinion. That'd be silly. I'm calling you out for handling the VERY expected response poorly. I mean, you recognize that your opinion is a minority. How can you not expect there to be push-back?

How can you NOT expect people to be flustered when they have these long posts carefully laying out their arguments and you come in all "Hey this is my opinion! I don't have to explain it cuz it's mine! So don't argue with me!"

This is a forum for discussion. When you post here, you should expect debate. That's what we do.

Sure, if people are being awful, it doesn't excuse them, but it doesn't make you right or a good poster either.

Also, don't patronise me. It's not appreciated.

Didn't mean to patronise. It's how I talk. I'll talk that way to myself, mostly because talking normally is boring. Sorry.

B'cuz there's no real benefit to having it in a few weapons for MP including being default.

Just wasting time & resources. Having the light rifle using alternate firing modes is as far as I could see them go and perhaps polishing it with other weapons as well. Just bcuz there's a red dot that supposedly the BR in the cover might have doesn't mean it will have ADS.
Gears of War had iron sights just for the Hammerburst, and it was actually pretty cool and useful. The pace/movement/etc. is different, sure, but in a 3rd person cover shooter where you can roll around and roadie run it never seemed like something that would make sense in Gears. Some of my CoD friends were in love with that game when the Hammerburst was changed, so maybe the perception of "ADS shooting in Halo" will be a better way to attract more people over something as drastic as changing the core formula (ie: ADS for all weapons or even something like random Global Ordnance in H4). After all, we experienced crazier additions, like these bad boys:

Interested to hear your thoughts iMax, if you're still around. Would a few weapons with ADS be something you'd be interested in, granted they were decent?

Side Thought: I mentioned the Plasma Rifle earlier and it made me think of the stun. A unique/diversified sandbox >

+1 Plasma stun

Top Bottom