• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Yup. Love Halo 4's campaign. My favourite after ODST. But, for multiplayer, I think they went too far with the CODification. Some of it was good – instant respawns are fine by me, as are custom load outs (but plasmas?! come on 343...), etc... but the ranking system was an utter mess and was way too convoluted.

And yeah, I'd be up for them spinning of Halo: Infinity into its own series. No reason not to adopt the FIFA/Madden model of a refreshed and evolved multiplayer experience every year and bundle it with a new campaign every three years. Whether or not they'd be able to make that sustainably, is another discussion. And yeah, armour abilities are kinda lame. Just seem like superfluous additions that just add another degree of unnecessary complexity and fragmentation. A better Halo needs to be stripped back with a simple multiplayer design. Part of the reason I hated Black Ops II was the overly-complex multiplayer design. It's not needed and it's not fun.
Enough can't be said for simplicity in Halo. It works.

Enfinit

It would be nice, if someone from 343 could come out and confirm or deny, ADS for Halo 5. Too many argument's over something that may or may not exist....

This is from a completely business perspective, but this whole "ADS" conversation seems to be the highlight of discussion for the hardcore Halo fans. GAF, Waypoint, /r/Halo, Beyond, etc., whatever Halo community you go to right now, this is the prominent discussion. Why kill the buzz? Let the audience wonder, I suppose. Give them something to talk about until it's time to reveal the truth. "All publicity is good publicity."

At the end of the day, I don't see ADS being in Halo. But then again, we all had the same argument for Sprint.

iMax

This is from a completely business perspective, but this whole "ADS" conversation seems to be the highlight of discussion for the hardcore Halo fans. GAF, Waypoint, /r/Halo, Beyond, etc., whatever Halo community you go to right now, this is the prominent discussion. Why kill the buzz? Let the audience wonder, I suppose. Give them something to talk about until it's time to reveal the truth. "All publicity is good publicity."

At the end of the day, I don't see ADS being in Halo. But then again, we all had the same argument for Sprint.

Plus, if 343 comes out and denies ADS, they'll have to deny everything else that people are concerned about otherwise people will get suspicious. They're best sticking with 'no comment' for everything, really.

Plus, if 343 comes out and denies ADS, they'll have to deny everything else that people are concerned about otherwise people will get suspicious. They're best sticking with 'no comment' for everything, really.

Maybe 343 needs this transparency. i mean they really disappointed a lot of fans with 4.

iMax

Still sold a lot of copies though. Transparency and leaks might hurt their marketing strategy.

Hurts their public image too if they're seen to be flip flopping all the time. Best to just silently listen to the community and deliver accordingly.

Still sold a lot of copies though. Transparency and leaks might hurt their marketing strategy.
Of course it sold a lot of copies, it was a huge thing to have a numbered Halo game again, I wish AAA companies would care about the fans more than their marketing strategies.

It'll be the focus of the E3 presentation. Of this I am certain. 30 second job. More if they decide to confirm the presence of jetpack.
I would be surprised if they didnt say anything, and if any of the 343 team utter the phrases "it feels like halo" or "trust us" then im gonna be far more cynical than usual.

A lot of people gave their vision a chance and didnt feel it.

Hurts their public image too if they're seen to be flip flopping all the time. Best to just silently listen to the community and deliver accordingly.

They haven't really flipped or flopped. they stood by their "Vision" through out the lifespan of Halo. only budging to make "hardcore" playlists that didnt get population because the people that would have played in them are already gone from Halo 4.

Or megaton announcement that Halo 5 can only be played through Kinect.

iMax

They haven't really flipped or flopped. they stood by their "Vision" through out the lifespan of Halo. only budging to make "hardcore" playlists that didnt get population because the people that would have played in them are already gone from Halo 4.

No I mean if they comment on it publicly. They don't want that perception out there even if they are thinking about it internally.

Booshka

all its doing is pushing away longtime fans who feel like they are being ignored.

we're clearly not being ignored, just not being acknowledged. But hey, lots of money behind these games, do whatever you gotta do to make them profitable Microsoft. Especially now that Titanfall underwhelmed and forced Kinect tanked, need Halo to try and save the Xbox brand once again.

Who gives a shit if I think the games are terrible, as long as they sell a ton of copies and consoles that first few months of release, then it's all good.

iMax

we're clearly not being ignored, just not being acknowledged. But hey, lots of money behind these games, do whatever you gotta do to make them profitable Microsoft. Especially now that Titanfall underwhelmed and forced Kinect tanked, need Halo to try and save the Xbox brand once again.

Who gives a shit if I think the games are terrible, as long as they sell a ton of copies and consoles that first few months of release, then it's all good.

That's the thing. We know they read this thread. We know they're listening. They're not acknowledging it because they'll have to consequently acknowledge everything otherwise people will get suspicious about everything.

lawful

Banned
Anybody else get the feeling they won't be able to make either H2A or any of the campaign ports OR H5 1080p? Personally i don't care too much seeing how good 4 looked and that was only 720p but it's going to seriously hurt my Xbox fanboy street cred if the number 1 game on it can't be full HD. I will feel a little hurt. They keep going on about 60fps but saying zilch about the resolution.

TheOddOne

my Xbox fanboy street cred
animaatjes-the-simpsons-6134472.gif

lawful

Banned
I forgot me and my friend manipulated that 7-11 phone game and each got the Locust helmet and the other stuff. I don't know which to wear anymore (not that I still play) because I also have the FOTUS set since I got the console.

Speaking of those armors, does the GOTY give you them? Locust I don't care too much but I'll be annoyed if you get FOTUS without having the console.

i should have but didn't. thanks anyway.

What about Halopedia renders? http://www.halopedia.org/Armor_permutations_(Halo_4) (check individual armor pages for full renders)

EDIT oh, lawful's link has the same renders.
Grabbed them

Here.

In .png and transparant.
got 'em

the only ones im missing in good quality are the DLC armors. the renders on the wiki for the DLC armors arent too good. its like they just photoshopped them out of the announce photos.

I forgot me and my friend manipulated that 7-11 phone game and each got the Locust helmet and the other stuff. I don't know which to wear anymore (not that I still play) because I also have the FOTUS set since I got the console.

Speaking of those armors, does the GOTY give you them? Locust I don't care too much but I'll be annoyed if you get FOTUS without having the console.

it gives you most of the stuff because it comes with redeemable tokens for all of the DLC. but Fotus is locked behind the console and some skins are locked behind toys...

its kind of genius and scum baggy for them to lock cosmetic stuff behind fairly expensive (for action figures) action figures. I think everyone should be able to get every armor in a DLC pack but hey, thats just me.

FyreWulff

The Halo 4 DLC strategy was a carbon copy of the Gears 3 one. Microsoft is never really a mystery in how they operate, and I expect similar stuff in Halo 5: Guardians along the lines of what they've done with Gears and ther Xbox One games.

willow ve

Was just thinking how great it would be to be able to Forge campaign levels in H5. You could forge objects, weapons, enemy spawns, etc. Set parameters like "highest score" or "fastest from start to finish" etc. Post files to your file share, compete with your friends.

Hire Juices.

iMax

Was just thinking how great it would be to be able to Forge campaign levels in H5. You could forge objects, weapons, enemy spawns, etc. Set parameters like "highest score" or "fastest from start to finish" etc. Post files to your file share, compete with your friends.

Hire Juices.

Or even just have the ability to use campaign levels in private matches.

Hire Juices.

Or even just have the ability to use campaign levels in private matches.

i wouldnt mind campaign scoring coming back. or a version of Gears New horde/ beast mode in Halo. since MS owns both series

also since MS owns both IPs now i want some armor in Halo 5 to be COG and The New Gears have a Mjolnir armor.
claycarmine.png

iMax

i wouldnt mind campaign scoring coming back. or a version of Gears New horde/ beast mode in Halo. since MS owns both series

also since MS owns both IPs now i want some armor in Halo 5 to be COG and The New Gears have a Mjolnir armor.
claycarmine.png

I would do unspeakable things for a Gears vs. Halo firefight game.

iMax

the closest we'll ever come is either someone modding CE and putting in COG models. or MS deciding to put the armor in each game.

Well Rod's already come out and said publicly that Fun > Canon, so it's not something completely out of the question. It'd be nice to see Microsoft be a bit less serious and just make new, fun experiences.

Well Rod's already come out and said publicly that Fun > Canon, so it's not something completely out of the question. It'd be nice to see Microsoft be a bit less serious and just make new, fun experiences.

Rod is like one of my favorites. he loves the game he helped create so much that he left Irrational to come to MS.

m23

The Halo 4 DLC strategy was a carbon copy of the Gears 3 one. Microsoft is never really a mystery in how they operate, and I expect similar stuff in Halo 5: Guardians along the lines of what they've done with Gears and ther Xbox One games.

Gears 3 dlc strategy was great. We had a steady stream of new content along with sp expansion. It also helped that the game itself was great.

Halo 4 on the other hand, also had a steady stream of dlc, but by the time the new maps came out, everyone was sick of the game.

Gears 3 dlc strategy was great. We had a steady stream of new content along with sp expansion. It also helped that the game itself was great.

Halo 4 on the other hand, also had a steady stream of dlc, but by the time the new maps came out, everyone was sick of the game.

yet gears 3 made it to where you had to pay over $150 and play specific days in the beta to get all of the cosmetic options in the game...nickel and diming the consumer.

Top Bottom