• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Booties

Banned
My wife was pretty excited a couple of nights ago when her k/d ratio finally surpassed 1.0 at Halo 4. This is especially impressive to me considering she was about -500 deaths a couple of months ago. It has been a lot of fun sitting at her side, coaching her up, and watching her improve. The downside to this is sharing the xbox because splitscreen is not bueno.

Your wife sounds like a scrub.

Embarassing.

1100690.gif

452403f7856aa5aebb03c45274a0893ae3cc4076e6aa6e13df788540a600a563.jpg

Fuchsdh

I just read an article on this, you would think he would take the time to actually know what was going on before he opened his mouth

http://www.gamepur.com/news/14896-p...ce-assumptions-more-tv-content-no-major-.html

Ridic

He's an analyst. As all the ridiculous Apple and gaming-related stories from these guys should prove, they’re usually not any better than guessing randomly.

I'm sure Microsoft will have some TV stuff and it might even appear at their conference, but yeah I'm sure they're not going to emphasize it too much.

(But hype stuff for the Halo series? Sounds good to me.)

Takashi

That's actually pretty cool, wouldn't be needing to borrow games so much

Game Stop said:
This item cannot ship to a PO BOX

Fuuck. I can still get it though, just my town has the most backwards street addresses and I've had a few problems with stuff not being sent correctly in the past.

Edit: holy shit the sudds. you cant write this shit

Remember when Ghostayame started posting here and we told him to stop signing his posts "-ghost"?

I guess that didn't go over well with him eh?

And to think.. so many people know what's going on with Halo and we don't, because you know people talk amongst friends.

As I typed this out I remembered something..... I know someone who knowsss things (just found out a few weeks ago). Problem is, I haven't really kept in touch with them for a long time. So my question to you, HaloGAF, is how the heck do I go about extracting info from this person? Do I offer some milk and cookies or should I go straight for the kill? Thinking something along the lines of, "Can't wait to buy that collection coming out!" with the hopes of them slipping by saying, "Me too!" ;]

Definitely don't want to be obvious, even though I already had plans to get better acquainted with them (cool person). I mean shit, if Frankles won't offer me an incredible contract to save Halo, I may as well try to be the next FUNKrnl.

Fuchsdh

The sTALKer Show!

Cancelled due to low ratings. Replaced by Fuch Talk.

On the subject of playlists, wonder if we can expect Halo 4 to be the model for playlists going forward. You can rightly gripe that the actual gameplay wasn't there, but I really liked the core, focused one-gametype-per-list approach of launch Halo 4. Of course with the declining playerbase they were right to fold things in but I think a similar approach could work. At least something more granular than "Objective" certainly helps.

Anyone with an incredibly long memory know what the original launch lists for Halo 2 were?

Ramirez

And to think.. so many people know what's going on with Halo and we don't, because you know people talk amongst friends.

As I typed this out I remembered something..... I know someone who knowsss things (just found out a few weeks ago). Problem is, I haven't really kept in touch with them for a long time. So my question to you, HaloGAF, is how the heck do I go about extracting info from this person? Do I offer some milk and cookies or should I go straight for the kill? Thinking something along the lines of, "Can't wait to buy that collection coming out!" with the hopes of them slipping by saying, "Me too!" ;]

Definitely don't want to be obvious, even though I already had plans to get better acquainted with them (cool person). I mean shit, if Frankles won't offer me an incredible contract to save Halo, I may as well try to be the next FUNKrnl.

Trying to befriend someone because they're in the know is stupid.

Trying to befriend someone because they're in the know is stupid.
Yup, I know that's what my post looked like, but I was hoping people would make the assumption that I started talking to this person already, in which during that convo we stumbled upon how they know things.

Either way, yes.. you are correct. Nice that the only time you "interact" with me is when you're trying to insult my character though. You still never answered how I want to PM you after every Big Brother episode..

EDIT:
Come'on funk, you can hold out for a few more days :p
Was more referring to ongoing info ;b

belushy

Banned

Come'on funk, you can hold out for a few more days :p

Ramirez

Yup, I know that's what my post looked like, but I was hoping people would make the assumption that I started talking to this person already, in which during that convo we stumbled upon how they know things.

Either way, yes.. you are correct. Nice that the only time you "interact" with me is when you're trying to insult my character though. You still never answered how I want to PM you after every Big Brother episode..

I sporadically check this thread once every few days/weeks. I missed the BB thing, and honestly don't care about anyone's character, lol.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
Cancelled due to low ratings. Replaced by Fuch Talk.

On the subject of playlists, wonder if we can expect Halo 4 to be the model for playlists going forward. You can rightly gripe that the actual gameplay wasn't there, but I really liked the core, focused one-gametype-per-list approach of launch Halo 4. Of course with the declining playerbase they were right to fold things in but I think a similar approach could work. At least something more granular than "Objective" certainly helps.

Anyone with an incredibly long memory know what the original launch lists for Halo 2 were?

The playlists were exclusionary, it sucked! It made everything extremely boring to play after a couple matches. The playlists should reflect playstyles, not gametypes. There's a reason people played MLG playlists for so long, because it had your slayer and obj. mixed in a good ratio. You end up stretching the experience too thin when you think every single little thing should be it's own playlist.I wish they would go back to H2's layout.

Give me my FFA, MLG/Hardcore, Team Training (allows guests/both obj. and slayer), Team Slayer (no guests w/ sniper variant), Team Objective, Big Team (no slayer and obj. separation), Action Sack (Grifball/Flood/Zombie/Race/Multi-team variants) and add a community playlist with abstract gametypes.

The playlists were exclusionary, it sucked! It made everything extremely boring to play after a couple matches. The playlists should reflect playstyles, not gametypes. There's a reason people played MLG playlists for so long, because it had your slayer and obj. mixed in a good ratio. You end up stretching the experience too thin when you think every single little thing should be it's own playlist.I wish they would go back to H2's layout.

Give me my FFA, MLG/Hardcore, Team Training (allows guests/both obj. and slayer), Team Slayer (no guests w/ sniper variant), Team Objective, Big Team (no slayer and obj. separation), Action Sack (Grifball/Flood/Zombie/Race/Multi-team variants) and add a community playlist with abstract gametypes.

WITH DLC MANDATORY FFS

Fuchsdh

There's merit to that argument, but I guess I'm more mindful of the fact that there are the "SWAT? Team Snipers? Back out!" contingent of people. Halo's strength and weakness is its diversity of play experiences, and there are people who hated MLG with a passion, others who only stuck to Grifball or Action Sack. Likewise Fyre has time and time again pointed out how objective craters the population of playlists. Custom game browsers aren't really an option either, aside from maybe trying to broaden customs to a larger segment of the playerbase.

Striker

Of course with the declining playerbase they were right to fold things in but I think a similar approach could work. At least something more granular than "Objective" certainly helps.

Creating playlists like "Oddball" as its own isn't a great idea because it puts that niche of a gametype on maps it simply does not belong; see Oddball on any map not named Haven. What you needed was 4v4 5v5 Flag/Oddball/King/Extraction as its own and put them on appropriate maps. So, of course, you don't see King of the Hill on Ragnarok or CTF on Abandon or Complex.

As for Halo 2, I'm sure Fyre knows but I think it was 8 player Rumble Pit, Team Slayer, Big Team Battle, Major/Minor clan, and Team Training. Team Skirmish came shortly after, I believe.

Top Bottom