• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Omni

Oh hey, I totally captured that mediocre perfection I got on your host that other night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHJHEA9tWiw

Not bad considering every packet is making a global journey :)
Ooooh. Nice! I was playing so bad that day

And haha, about that...
I was using my iPhone as an internet connection because I wanted to save bandwidth on my home connection to stream E3.
Wasn't expecting to get host at all... but I'm glad it wasn't too bad :eek:

Omni

Any comments yet on the Halo Wars poster appearing in the Phantom Dust trailer?
Don't think so.

I think the teaser was just there to say "hey, we haven't forgotten about it" and that's all. If HW2 ever does happen, it's at least two years away and as such they wouldn't be talking about it now anyway. Not to mention they did just announce H:MC and H5 for release over the next two years sooo

Nirvana

I think the thing I would like a reply on most is whether you can queue up JUST Halo 2 or JUST Halo 3 etc., without the concern of someone voting for a Halo 3 map when you want to play Halo 2 multiplayer.

Seems like the one thing that would bug me more than anything in the new collection, so I really hope that you can queue in specific playlists for specific games.

Franky pls?

I think the thing I would like a reply on most is whether you can queue up JUST Halo 2 or JUST Halo 3 etc., without the concern of someone voting for a Halo 3 map when you want to play Halo 2 multiplayer.

Seems like the one thing that would bug me more than anything in the new collection, so I really hope that you can queue in specific playlists for specific games.

Franky pls?

Pretty sure Bravo or someone said you can choose one game mm, and that there will be a variety of playlists.

Sorry Randy but I gotta ignore you. I don't think I've seen you interact with anyone here and at this point it just feels like spam. Even if it is technically on topic. Blahblahblah
It's strange to see a post from someone who has zero interest in actually talking about what they post. I tend to post while I'm off in my own world, but usually it's in relation to something being said in the thread or it's something random that's meant to be humorous at late hours of the night. At least I occasionally respond to conversation lol.

a73.gif

Nirvana

Pretty sure Bravo or someone said you can choose one game mm, and that there will be a variety of playlists.

Ok, well if that's the case then there will be no issues for me. That would be perfect.

It's strange to see a post from someone who has zero interest in actually talking about what they post. I tend to post while I'm off in my own world, but usually it's in relation to something being said in the thread or it's something random that's meant to be humorous at late hours of the night. At least I occasionally respond to conversation lol.

I think what's weirder about it is that he states all of his speculation as fact. 'Movement will now be like this, you will do this' etc. It's not like he is asking questions or speculating in the normal sense, he seems to be attempting to prophecise things he clearly has no idea about and then not talking to anyone about it. Strange stuff.

Ok, well if that's the case then there will be no issues for me. That would be perfect.

I think what's weirder about it is that he states all of his speculation as fact. 'Movement will now be like this, you will do this' etc. It's not like he is asking questions or speculating in the normal sense, he seems to be attempting to prophecise things he clearly has no idea about and then not talking to anyone about it. Strange stuff.
From the gaming side, but presumably accurate:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115669775&postcount=1955

And yes, it's very weird. There is no room for discussion. This is fact!

Vico

Did he fill the new member survey?
I'd be interested in reading what he has to say about himself and his role on NeoGAF.

Equipment

Gravity Lift

-tap the Deploy Equipment button to drop equipment that propels players, vehicles, and movable objects upward
-limited duration

Electromagnet

-tap to pick up a metal crate
-tap again to drop a metal crate
-user enters third person view while holding a crate
-cannot attack while holding a crate
-if a crate is being moved, an attached player will move with it

Nano Grapple

-tap to fire a black elongating wire
-impacting an immovable surface pulls the user to the point of impact
-impacting a movable object pulls that object to the user
-impacting a player pulls that player to the user
-impacting a vehicle pulls the user to the vehicle
-silent operation
-limited range

Hardlight Hoverboard

-tap to deploy a Hoverboard beneath your feet
-increased forward movement speed
-always moving forward
-cannot strafe or reverse, only turn left or right
-thrust jumping moves the player and the board up a short distance
-thrusting quickly moves the player and the board forward, back, or to the side
-can attack in any direction while riding similar to the Scorpion’s independent movement and aiming
-limited duration

Hardlight Glider

-tap to toggle a hang glider on or off
-slows descent speed and increases forward movement speed while the player is in free fall
-glider and user both lay horizontally
-thrusting while gliding will propel the player in the direction he chooses with the thumbstick
-can attack in a limited field of view while gliding

Remote Sentinel

-tap to release a remotely controlled sentinel
-user enters first person view in sentinel similar to controlling a forge monitor
-sentinel can be steered, raised, lowered, fired, and self destructed
-user remains stationary and vulnerable while operating Sentinel
-limited duration

Entrance Node

-tap to drop self erecting teleporter entrance
-takes about 10 seconds to erect node
-emits an audible alert while erecting
-node can be destroyed through damage
-emits an audible alert when used

Exit Node

-tap to drop a self erecting teleporter exit
-takes about ten seconds to erect node
-emits an audible alert while erecting
-node can be destroyed through damage
-emits an audible alert when used

Teleporter Kit

-a teleporter kit contains both an entrance node and an exit node
-either node can be erected first
-before deployment, nodes can be cycled through with the Cycle Equipment button
-limited duration once both nodes are erected

Spotting Scope

-tap to temporarily mark the enemy, or enemy vehicle, you are aiming at with a waypoint visible to you and your team
-can spot while in scope or binoculars

Optical Cloak

-tap to appear as the enemy team’s color and species
-active until user attacks or takes damage

Concussion Mine

-tap to drop an armed concussion trip mine
-blast will damage, launch, and most likely flip a ground vehicle that passes over
-cannot be tripped by players, only vehicles
-mine can be force detonated with enough damage
-active until destroyed

Engineer

-tap to release a Huragok that will gradually repair a proximate vehicle that the user is aiming at
-vehicle occupants take damage over time during repair
-duration of repair depends on how much damage vehicle has taken and size of vehicle
-Engineer is weak and will die to small arms fire
-limited duration

Hologram

-tap to send a visual copy of the player forward
-flickers when shot or damaged
-limited duration

Disruption Field

-tap to drop equipment that creates an invisible sphere that notifies the user, via a HUD widget, when the sphere is breached by an enemy
-temporarily removes target’s HUD upon entering the sphere
-active until destroyed, tripped, or user dies

Camo Sphere

-tap to drop equipment that creates an invisible sphere that cloaks any players or small vehicles within
-anything passing through the surface of the sphere will cause it to collapse
-limited duration

Regenerator

-tap to drop equipment that creates a green sphere that removes shield recharge delay for players within
-limited duration

Power Drain

-tap to roll a ball a short distance that creates a blue sphere that gradually drains proximate players’ shields through EMP damage over time before finally self destructing in a small explosion

Cryo Canister

-tap to throw a canister that temporarily freezes players or water impacted by it
-frozen water can be walked on
-frozen players cannot move, aim, or attack but are still alive and will thaw after about six seconds
-frozen players can be smashed with enough damage like with a melee or grenade

Hardlight Shield

-tap to deploy a translucent barrier in front of the user
-tap again to deactivate barrier
-can be destroyed through damage
-cannot attack while deployed
-user’s energy shield recharge is unaffected
-reflects Focus Rifle and Sentinel Beam at a predictable angle without taking damage
-limited duration

Madness

Obviously trolling at this point. Dumb too, because it seems like the guy obviously understands game mechanics and has a passion for Halo. But this posting gets us nowhere, reads like a bulletin board/Twitter wall with updates. 4th person on ignore for me.

Also, we might as well have made the new thread already. Last one really shouldn't have been closed altogether and this Halo 4 thread has basically been the OT for the past several weeks. We have to wait a week, for what? Should've been able to make the thread either week before or at least right after E3 info.

Who's making |OT20|, Booties?

So is there a chance you can unlock every skull in the game without preordering the game multiple times from different stores? Hope there's a way to have them all without paying for it

willow ve

Taking something that was once challenging, and not accomplish able by most people, and then giving those people a way to just easily do it, completely kills the fun of thus challenges.

Bragging rights is a fun part of video games. Saying, for example you have the achievement for completing the most difficult campaign on Legendary won't mean anything, when anyone else can now go and do it without any actual skill involved.

Halo:CE on Legendary was never really challenging past the learning curve of playing a console based FPS with a controller. Once you knew how to use each weapon game became easy.

jelly

I hope 343 get the UI right. Screw trying to be different, just be logical and give clear and good amounts of info in a straightforward fashion. Not like Halo 4. Is it so hard to just have a full list will clear descriptions and pictures.

So is there a chance you can unlock every skull in the game without preordering the game multiple times from different stores? Hope there's a way to have them all without paying for it
Hope so. All this "exclusive preorder to this store" is bullshit I don't know why they do it. Pretty sure it's why I ended up with the unicorn helmet in 4 instead of the deadeye helmet.

Good point

Bit of a Mega post but just making it to outline to people still confused everything that is in this Halo collection.

Halo CE:Anniversary Campaign. (2 player co-op)
CE:A Old to New Graphics Switching
Halo CE (XBOX 1) Multiplayer in 1080p 60fps (No graphic changes)
Halo CE + PC Maps
Battle Creek • Blood Gulch • Boarding Action • Chill Out • Chiron TL-34 • Damnation • Danger Canyon • Death Island • Derelict • Gephyrophobia • Hang 'Em High • Ice Fields • Infinity • Longest • Prisoner • Rat Race • Sidewinder • Timberland • Wizard

Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign (2 player co-op) completely redone graphics for the campaign, new intro and outro cutscnes, cutscenes replaced with high quality CGI by Blur Studios, Graphic switch feature, New skull(s)?
Halo 2 Multiplayer 1080p 60fps (No graphic changes, possibly superjumping broke)
Halo 2 +DLC* + Halo 2 Vista Maps
Ascension • Backwash • Beaver Creek • Burial Mounds • Coagulation • Colossus • Containment • District • Elongation • Foundation • Gemini • Headlong • Ivory Tower • Lockout • Midship • Relic • Sanctuary • Terminal • Turf • Uplift • Warlock • Waterworks • Zanzibar NOTE* Tombstone and Desolation are no included, Issues with how they were distributed

Halo 3 Campaign 1080p 60fps 4 Player co-op (no graphic changes)
Halo 3 Multiplayer with Forge and Theater intact 1080p 60fps (no graphic changes)
Halo 3 Maps + DLC
Assembly • Avalanche • Blackout • Citadel • Cold Storage • Construct • Epitaph (Epilogue) • Foundry • Ghost Town • Guardian • Heretic • High Ground • Isolation • Last Resort • Longshore • Narrows • Orbital • Rat's Nest • Sandbox • Sandtrap (SAND TARP) • Snowbound (Boundless) • Standoff • The Pit (Pit Stop) • Valhalla

Halo 4 Campaign 1080p 60fps 4 Player Co-op (no graphic changes)
Halo 4 Multiplayer 1080p 60fps + Theater, Forge, Spartan Ops (no graphic changes)
Halo 4 Maps + DLC
Abandon • Adrift • Complex • Daybreak • Erosion (Ascent • Grifball Court) • Exile • Forge Island • Harvest • Haven • Impact (Relay) • Landfall • Longbow • Meltdown • Monolith • Outcast • Perdition • Pitfall • Ragnarok • Ravine (Settler) • Shatter • Skyline • Solace • Vertigo • Vortex • Wreckage

NEW HALO Xbox One MULTIPLAYER 1080p 60fps
New engine based on amalgamation of the past engines features, Looks like Halo 4 with Halo 2 features, weapons visible on player bodies. Spartans and Elites playable. Halo 2 weapons.
6 Halo 2 maps completely redone in this Xbox One Engine
Ascension • Lockout • Zanzibar • Unknown • Unknown • Unknown

Halo 5 Beta.
More info needed

Multiplayer playlists will have gametypes and maps from all 5 Multiplayer titles as voting options. Playlists for specific games will be possible. Campaign playlists will allow players to play things like "every warthog mission from Halo 1-4 one after another" or start at Halo 1 Mission 1 and Play all the way to Halo 4 Final Mission.

Everything unlocked by default, Skulls selectable for every title.

Madness

PVkqgHh.jpg

Is it just me or is there something off with the color of Chief?

Also Great job with that info stalker. I really hope we see some 60 fps locked multiplayer game play soon.

PVkqgHh.jpg

Is it just me or is there something off with the color of Chief?

Also Great job with that info stalker. I really hope we see some 60 fps locked multiplayer game play soon.

Looks washed out in that lighting because I'm pretty sure he is stood under a light.

The colour isn't spot on but the Halo 2 armor is a strange colour anyway.

I didn't mention Halo Nightfall in that post because it's passive content but yeah.. that too.

You get lots of content basically.

I'm hoping that we get a Halo Universe collection at some point.

Halo Reach
Halo ODST
Halo Wars
Speilberg Halo TV Show

No changes just 1080p 60fps ports.

willow ve

Bit of a Mega post but just making it to outline to people still confused everything that is in this Halo collection.

Halo CE + PC Maps

Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign (2 player co-op) completely redone graphics for the campaign, new intro and outro cutscnes, cutscenes replaced with high quality CGI by Blur Studios, Graphic switch feature, New skull(s)?
Halo 2 Multiplayer 1080p 60fps (No graphic changes, possibly superjumping broke)
Halo 2 +DLC* + Halo 2 Vista Maps

Halo 3 Campaign 1080p 60fps 4 Player co-op (no graphic changes)
Halo 3 Multiplayer with Forge and Theater intact 1080p 60fps (no graphic changes)
Halo 3 Maps + DLC

Halo 4 Campaign 1080p 60fps 4 Player Co-op (no graphic changes)
Halo 4 Multiplayer 1080p 60fps + Theater, Forge, Spartan Ops (no graphic changes)
Halo 4 Maps + DLC

NEW HALO Xbox One MULTIPLAYER 1080p 60fps
New engine based on amalgamation of the past engines features, Looks like Halo 4 with Halo 2 features, weapons visible on player bodies. Spartans and Elites playable. Halo 2 weapons.
6 Halo 2 maps completely redone in this Xbox One Engine

Halo 5 Beta.
More info needed

Multiplayer playlists will have gametypes and maps from all 5 Multiplayer titles as voting options. Playlists for specific games will be possible. Campaign playlists will allow players to play things like "every warthog mission from Halo 1-4 one after another" or start at Halo 1 Mission 1 and Play all the way to Halo 4 Final Mission.

Everything unlocked by default, Skulls selectable for every title.
Posts like this make me wish we could sticky posts for the top of each page in a thread.

Good info.

Halo 3 will need its MLG playlist set up for this collection.

Halo 2 had Team Hardcore right? With Ghost and the other pro's there, hopefully they convince 343 to have the Halo 2 MLG settings as a ranked playlist.

Also, they're going to need to have tutorials outlining the differing mechanics to new players in the load screens "Halo 3:remember to lead your shots!" "Rockets lock on in Halo 2".

aries_71

Halo CE + PC Maps

Wait... no 1080p60 for Halo CEA and and Halo 2 single player campaigns? That's what I get from your post, since in the case of Halo3/4 you mentioned it specifically.

Wait... no 1080p60 for Halo CEA and and Halo 2 single player campaigns? That's what I get from your post, since in the case of Halo3/4 you mentioned it specifically.

They are 1080p 60fps, I figured it was a given. The reason I mentioned it for Halo 3 and 4 is that it is pretty much the only change made to those titles.

CE:A and H2:A have a host of changes.

Fuchsdh

I really like the whole countdown/scoreboard thing during the beta trailer. Would be funny if you can look up at the screens in the middle of gameplay just for shits and giggles.

I was thinking the same thing. The idea of actually making multiplayer war games was a fun idea, I think they could push it even further.

So, what exactly IS halo nightfall? Is that the thing Spielberg was working on?

No, it's what Ridley Scott's working on (yeah there's a lot of Halo irons in the fire it's hard to keep track.)

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
No. It's what Ridley Scott is working on. I believe it'll be released just prior to Halo 5: Guardians so that we are introduced to the new character (Locke) in a similar manner to how Lasky was introduced in Forward unto Dawn.

The Spielberg series is a standalone Halo TV series.

On a seperate note: I'd totally fortgotten about Turf on Halo 2. So missed that map.

Have we had confirmation that Halo 2 is post patch (like the original)?

Also, help me understand something regarding Halo 2 - only the campaign has been tarted up with the new graphical layer right? The multiplayer is as I remember it, except at 1080p, 60FPS?

(except the 6 tarted up maps in the special mode thingy)

Is that right?

No. It's what Ridley Scott is working on. I believe it'll be released just prior to Halo 5: Guardians so that we are introduced to the new character (Locke) in a similar manner to how Lasky was introduced in Forward unto Dawn.

The Spielberg series is a standalone Halo TV series.

On a seperate note: I'd totally fortgotten about Turf on Halo 2. So missed that map.

I'd say Turf is a safe bet for one of the remade Halo 2 Maps.

My best guess is

Lockout, Midship, Zanzibar, Coagulation, Ascension, Ivory Tower

To be honest it's hard to pick just 6. Relic, Foundation, Sanctuary, Beaver Creek, Turf. So many great maps.

Have we had confirmation that Halo 2 is post patch (like the original)?

Also, help me understand something regarding Halo 2 - only the campaign has been tarted up with the new graphical layer right? The multiplayer is as I remember it, except at 1080p, 60FPS?

(except the 6 tarted up maps in the special mode thingy)

Is that right?

Correct about the Halo 2 stuff. I think and don't quote me. All games are in the same state as they were when they stopped being actively supported. That means post patch Halo 2.

Alright, had to ignore Randy. Gravity Gauntlets were over the line. Pretty sure that little shit is just trying to get me bant by pretending to be my alt.

oh hey, amazon has a preorder exclusive! The Pinata skull makes a return!
Pinata._SL150_.png

Why does everything have to be so angular now? I'll admit some of the Bungie UI icons were kinda overly rotund and dumpy, but this just seems prommy for the sake of it. Ooh, an energy sword nose! How innovative!

It's like Wahrer, but less well thought-out and with no context.

iMcrM4Axk0oTy.png

You think my vommed-up megaposts are well thought-out and contextual? Dreams do come true!

Eh, weapon selection is better (read pistol) and sight lines are very close, I know you will, so can you please elaborate? I'm curious, for real, not talking crap.

It was mostly the aesthetics and the ability to spawn vehicles on it. I thought the back pathways in place of major teleporters was an interesting concept to screw around with, too, but Desolation didn't really get much time to shine with Halo 3 so close to launch.

Can anyone shed any light on how XBOne dedicated servers work? Are they located all over the world and not just NA and Europe? I wonder if we'll be able to select which server we'd like in customs, based on location.

My understanding, is that it removes a single player having host advantage. If I'm playing Halo 3 The Pit in the UK against a Mexican and the server is located in Texas, will the Mexican have a substantial advantage? Like will I have to lead shots more like it is now?

Can anyone shed any light on how XBOne dedicated servers work? Are they located all over the world and not just NA and Europe? I wonder if we'll be able to select which server we'd like based on location.

My understanding, is that it removes a single player having host advantage. If I'm playing Halo 3 The Pit in the UK against a Mexican and the server is located in Texas, will the Mexican have a substantial advantage? Like will I have to lead shots more like it is now?

Titanfall and this is just Titanfall allows you to select region based servers. They are pretty great to be fair, I've played with people all over europe on them and had no real issues.

Omni

Do we know if the H:MC collection will use Kinext?

I guess my next decision will be whether or not it's worth the extra $100

DeadNames

Banned
I don't think ivory tower/coag will be remade; they've already been remade in other games. Not too sure about Zanzibar because of last resort in halo 3.

I'm 99% sure terminal will be remade.

343 promotes "Arena" competitive Halo.
Says the maps are gonna be "Huge".

Wut? If it's only a few for Arena types sure.
But they need clarify that a bit more.

Top Bottom