• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Booshka

Juices does need a job, just let him yell at you for a couple hours, parse some quality suggestions from it, then let him get back to donging.

I was actually kidding, because I thought the obvious answer would be no.

There is absolutely no reason to make the feature online exclusive, much less a Gold exclusive. The only reason it was done to begin with was because the episodes were technically downloadable content, considering they weren't all released at once.

Now they will be, so they can't just include everything on-disc without that online Gold barrier? Again, I don't see the point.
I want to believe that the Gold barrier won't be mandatory to access SpOps, but when I check waypoint they said some features, like Terminals, will require Internet and going onto Waypoint, etc.

The fact that it's a direct port and that they haven't fully clarified it yet, I am not going to have any expectations that they'll change it. But for the best they should do without it...

I am desesperate for a Xbox One console but hell

Speedy, there are no words.

bugsjpg.png

This makes back me to reality.

Booshka

http://www.destinysrehab.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Whitney-Receipts.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Blood gulch with camo, randoms running through portal single file like fish in a barrel. Tok Tok Tok, Tok Tok Tok, Tok Tok Tok, Tok Tok Tok. GG Killtac grab the flag and go.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Oh... wait it is?

I don't even care anymore then.

Also, I found this comic, I liked it.

k05UPjm.jpg

Anyone think the Halo Collection will "save" the Xbox One? :p

It's definitely getting a lot of interest from Halo fans, so I think it will sell some consoles. I don't think the Xbox One needs saving. It's doing pretty well, just not as well as the PS4. MS had a good E3 this year, so that probably helps.

Awww, Too soon. Good show, though.

Phil really working that long game on Nintendo. The man is legit, very happy he's in charge of things now.

I also love the answers Frank has been giving whenever asked about MC collection on PC. I know it isn't in "the plans", but hearing that there is no explicit "rule" against it, as well as the reiteration of PC being super important to Xbox now, especially right next to Phil - just good vibes anyway.

Looking forward to that Halo platformer and Voodoo Vince 2. ;)

And the talk about a more "pure" Halo mp experience. Nice choice of words.

Phil really working that long game on Nintendo. The man is legit, very happy he's in charge of things now.

I also love the answers Frank has been giving whenever asked about MC collection on PC. I know it isn't in "the plans", but hearing that there is no explicit "rule" against it, as well as the reiteration of PC being super important to Xbox now, especially right next to Phil - just good vibes anyway.

Master chief playable in Smash br0s!?

Booshka

PC has been an important platform to MS since 2006, let's see if they mean it this time. In the past, it was just GFWL PR speak. I dont see how the MCC package would be a bad thing to put on PC. I'm not gonna buy an Xbone for it, put your awesome first party games on Windows PC, and stop talking.

This game is just doing nothing for me. Kind of amazing to be feeling that way about a Bungie game.

Yeah I have to agree to an extent, I was expecting Bungie to drop the Destiny hammer this E3, perhaps they're going to let the beta do that for them. I've checked out a number of videos and Fyre's stream today and it just appears same same boring for the PVP stuff. I reserve judgement on the coop story elements, I feel that is going to kick serious ass and get me wanting to play plenty. Love the setting in our solar system and the friends social integration with events but the competitive side doesn't seem to interest me much at all.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
This game is just doing nothing for me. Kind of amazing to be feeling that way about a Bungie game.

Same, I want to care, but it just looks like every other current FPS(maybe even worse). I always knew I wouldn't be a fan of Destiny mp though. I'm just not excited for Destiny. I'll probably pick it up when it comes out, just hoping co-op hold my attention til' 11/11. Still seems more of a grind than anything though. Bungie didn't make a new game for Halo fans(not saying they had to). They made a game for RPG raid kids....

Nowise10

Same, I want to care, but it just looks like every other current FPS(maybe even worse). I always knew I wouldn't be a fan of Destiny mp though. I'm just not excited for Destiny. I'll probably pick it up when it comes out, just hoping co-op hold my attention til' 11/11. Still seems more of a grind than anything though. Bungie didn't make a new game for Halo fans(not saying they had to). They made a game for RPG raid kids....

When you go in wanting to be disappointed, you'll be disappointed.

Nowise10

You can definitely be skeptical of a game, though, its just your post gave off vibes of you just giving no hope and expecting a chore.

Reading the Destiny Alpha thread tonight has given me a much better view of the game then Bungie has been showing. People really do seem to be enjoying the game, and the worlds in the alpha look absolutely stunning. If you haven't I'd advice you look at it. Im keeping away from campaign gameplay and such, as I don't want that to be spoiled for me when we all get the chance to play next month in the beta.

belushy

Banned
So, including Halo 4's baked-in Forge variations, Halo 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 contains exactly 100 maps. Neat.

(H2A engine ups the total to 106.)

Not going to complain if it doesn't happen(because we're getting so much already), but I hope one of the 6 Anniversary maps doubles as a forge canvas so we have more potential maps to play the Anniversary gametype on.

PC has been an important platform to MS since 2006, let's see if they mean it this time. In the past, it was just GFWL PR speak. I dont see how the MCC package would be a bad thing to put on PC. I'm not gonna buy an Xbone for it, put your awesome first party games on Windows PC, and stop talking.

Yep. We shall see. I'd love to see it happen.

Master chief playable in Smash br0s!?

Maybe in 5-10 years. That would be awesome, though. Game should be a celebration of iconic characters. Halo fits that bill I think. Pacman, Snake and Megaman... Chief. One day.

--

Couple things I gathered from the stream:

-Frank mentioned Prologue is before Halo CE, and Epilogue is after Halo 4. Previously was under the impression it was for Halo 2 only. Interesting. With that in mind, and the teaser trailer, I'm guessing the MC collection's "canon" will be framed as this Agent Locke character "living through" or studying Chief's endeavours from CE through 4.

-No rule or technical barrier against Halo MC collection on PC, a question of "dev time and scheduling", etc. Calling this a not right now, but schmaybelikely. Much better than a no.

-Jeff asked about the future of Halo and it "holding up" for people from the perspective of those new to the franchise that haven't played the previous games. Frank talks about how they've seen FPS games getting more and more complex and reward driven, and that there has been sort of a backlash against that, with people wanting something more simple, balanced, and symmetrical. He notes that esports have been coming back, and are driving games to strive to be really, truly competitive, rather than just reward driven, but that you can have your cake and eat it too in a game and have both of those types of experiences - that you can reward people in the campaign and make sure that your multiplayer is something "pure". He's more talking high-level with respect to the industry, not just Halo, but it's certainly encouraging to hear, anyway. I tend to agree.

-MC collection will include an ending for Halo 2... Halo 3. Very masterful longtroll by Frank lol

So I’m just gonna post a few quotes from Frankie on the giantbomb stream (around 3:18:40) that I liked in particular.

On the future of Halo…
We’ve seen first person shooters get more and more complex, and more and more sort of reward driven and stuff and there has been kind of a backlash about it. And not just with our stuff but with other peoples games. That it’s just too much and people want something sort of simple. And as Esports comes back they want something more balanced and more symmetrical and fair.

I think that there is definitely some sort of seesaw, and I think that it is tipping back towards the (and esports is certainly driving a lot of that) is going for things that are really truly competitive rather than just sort of reward driven.

But I think you can have your cake and eat it, you can have both of those sets of experiences in your game. And you can reward people in single player and make sure that your multiplayer is something pure.

I really hope that this is the mindset that 343i has right now, and not just Frankie talk. If they do, then I am genuinely excited for the future of Halo.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
You can definitely be skeptical of a game, though, its just your post gave off vibes of you just giving no hope and expecting a chore.

Reading the Destiny Alpha thread tonight has given me a much better view of the game then Bungie has been showing. People really do seem to be enjoying the game, and the worlds in the alpha look absolutely stunning. If you haven't I'd advice you look at it. Im keeping away from campaign gameplay and such, as I don't want that to be spoiled for me when we all get the chance to play next month in the beta.

I'm sure Destiny will present me with a visual feast. The games visuals look amazing, their is no disputing that. I'm sure I'll enjoy the view. I just don't think the missions/gameplay are going to do it for me. I'm really hoping that Destiny isn't just one big "space fashion show". If my missions/objectives seems pointless and the game is all about loot drops and not about interesting enemy encounters, I'll drop it in less than a day.

Booshka

So I’m just gonna post a few quotes from Frankie on the giantbomb stream (around 3:18:40) that I liked in particular.

On the future of Halo…

I really hope that this is the mindset that 343i has right now, and not just Frankie talk. If they do, then I am genuinely excited for the future of Halo.

It would make sense, Halo should try to be the premier eSports title on Consoles. LoL, Dota2 and CS GO are very successful as eSports titles that also appear to a wide audience of gamers.

Excellent competitive gameplay, supported by a killer ranking system will get a lot of players invested in the game. Halo 5 has to do this, it has to be the premier FPS title on Console, MLG needs to run it, not just because they like it, but because it has a playerbase that supports the competitive scene.

Players care about well supported, eSport caliber MP titles, LoL, Dota 2 and CS GO exemplify that. Halo 5 needs to set the standard again for eSport titles on Console.

TheOddOne

It would make sense, Halo should try to be the premier eSports title on Consoles. LoL, Dota2 and CS GO are very successful as eSports titles that also appear to a wide audience of gamers.

Excellent competitive gameplay, supported by a killer ranking system will get a lot of players invested in the game. Halo 5 has to do this, it has to be the premier FPS title on Console, MLG needs to run it, not just because they like it, but because it has a playerbase that supports the competitive scene.

Players care about well supported, eSport caliber MP titles, LoL, Dota 2 and CS GO exemplify that. Halo 5 needs to set the standard again for eSport titles on Console.
psych-shawn-gus-fist-bumps.gif

Straight up made me think of Josh Menke's comments on philosophies behind ranking. His though process being applied in other parts of the game is kind of intriguing.

I hadn't even seen a lot of these tweets. "You'll be able to go down, and then work your way back up" is music to my ears. That in combination with simple, symmetrical, fair... mmm mmm mmm. Hopefully words aren't just words this time.

Amen.

Booshka

haha, thanks for the quotes guys, drunk as fuck, but I really want to see Halo as the top Console MP title again. Despite all trolling and shit talk, I want to see Halo on MLG mainstage again, huge payouts, playerbase, and viewer numbers. 343 has to make the game to support that.

Enfinit

It took nearly four years, but I finally made it to Inheritor in Reach, and I celebrated with Taco Bell.

I feel like I wanna die.

Top Bottom