• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

gAg CruSh3r

This is what I am waiting for. I'll go to the midnight launch if there is one, I've never done that before. I was too young to do it with Halo 2 back in 2004.

I went to the Halo 2 midnight launch. It was my first midnight launch I went too. I was a baby.
12 years old to be exact and my mom had to come by and pick it up for me. I did pay for it tho.

I'm actually pretty surprised we never got an Xbox 360 in the shape of that Spartan Ops-era Forerunner artifact that Palmer turned off by kicking it.

TheOddOne

Destiny doesn't look too bad when you got people who aren't TheOddOne tier of playing
tumblr_lxczx51l4x1qf2suro1_500.gif

jelly

That's pretty cool. Saves you being fodder in the middle sometimes.

Anyone else think 343 should start going back to dull Forerunner textures. The shiny structures don't really work and considering how old they are, I doubt they have cleaners scrub them down until they see their reflection every month for a 1000 years. You find a mysterious planet or Halo built a long time ago and the structures finish is still like your brand new Samsung fridge.

jem0208

So, did anyone mention the shield thingy on Ascension?

KS4r2bR.jpg

It's been mentioned once or twice.

Frankie said that the remastered maps will have certain things which make the maps a bit more interesting. I'm assuming this is something he is referring to.

I wonder what it does... It could be a shield.

That's pretty cool. Saves you being fodder in the middle sometimes.

Anyone else think 343 should start going back to dull Forerunner textures. The shiny structures don't really work and considering how old they are, I doubt they have cleaners scrub them down until they see their reflection every month for a 1000 years. You find a mysterious planet or Halo built a long time ago and the structures finish is still like your brand new Samsung fridge.

Let me put this in perspective: to avoid miasma on a galactic level, the Forerunners developed a mass-producible solute that was dispensed into the atmosphere of every world that would be affected by the firing of the Halo Array, so that when the pulse went off, it would immediately dissolve / immolate any life affected by the rings being lit.

By comparison, it probably wasn't that difficult to pinpoint particular bacteria that would allow the Forerunner metals to get dirty, or even develop a low-grade personal shielding that covered their tech at a molecular level that would prevent microorganisms, dirt, etc. from "sticking" to the metal the way our stuff gets dirty. You'll see dirt and sand and crap poured onto the Forerunner metals on occasion - at least in Halo 4 - but being a galactic hyperpower that figured out a way to annihilate everything under their suns, it probably wasn't that difficult to invent Atomic Space Windex. I mean hell, with the Flood running around, it probably pays off to be hygienic.

Peterpan

How do people feel about Spartan abilities, or has this been commented to death already? I don't know how I feel, it obviously better than armor abilities. But maps have to obviously be changed to accommodate the abilities depending how they work. Need to get an xbox one soon.

How do people feel about Spartan abilities, or has this been commented to death already? I don't know how I feel, it obviously better than armor abilities. But maps have to obviously be changed to accommodate the abilities depending how they work. Need to get an xbox one soon.

Rat Race levels of holes in every second-level floor to account for groundpounds.

Play it first. It'll click then.
We'll see. Obviously I'll play the beta in the fall, but I'm pretty confident I've seen enough gameplay elements that I'm not a fan of that there's little chance it's a game I'll love and play for years.

So many other games that look so much more interesting coming as well.

---------------
Actual halo discussion.

Not sure I see the point of the remastered halo 2 maps. The way I understand it, the remasters are in a tweaked halo 4 engine. They basically made halo 2 in that engine, essentially creating almost a fifth game in the package.

Just seems really weird. You'll go from playing actual halo 2 to playing halo 2 made in the new engine...

BigShow36

This was my problem with Reach and my problem with Halo 4, where is the sense of accomplishment in grinding through hundreds of thousands of exp points worth of challenges to get a rank? Anybody can do it, simply by having free time - you learn how to get better at the game by default, not by choice.

The two biggest things they need to change to make Halo competitive again are:

1. Completely separate ranked/social playlists.

2. Keep 'challenges' and exp out of ranked playlists.

I think I've stated this before, but challenges are what truly ruined the competitiveness of the game. It splits the goals of the players instantly. One guy wants grenade sticks for a challenge, one guy wants plasma pistol overload kills, etc., while those of us that just want to win the game are left with a bunch of dead weight players who are attempting to earn exp. The irony of course being that them, with 2 kills and 27 deaths, are the ones who rank up from their big exp boost through completing a challenge and the people who went positive trying to win the match get fuck all.

Ranked should not have challenges. You should gain exp through standard things: kills, medals, wins. The actual reward is ranking up rather than dropping down.

Give us exp grinding to do in social playlists, for armour parts etc. (maybe make every 10 ranks give you a reward in ranked as well) so we get rewarded for fun as well, but the real reward for competitive players will be moving up the ranks and attaining the illusive 50.

Also, MLG playlists plox.

The biggest thing they need to do is make the gameplay skill-based again.

jelly

Let me put this in perspective: to avoid miasma on a galactic level, the Forerunners developed a mass-producible solute that was dispensed into the atmosphere of every world that would be affected by the firing of the Halo Array, so that when the pulse went off, it would immediately dissolve / immolate any life affected by the rings being lit.

By comparison, it probably wasn't that difficult to pinpoint particular bacteria that would allow the Forerunner metals to get dirty, or even develop a low-grade personal shielding that covered their tech at a molecular level that would prevent microorganisms, dirt, etc. from "sticking" to the metal the way our stuff gets dirty. You'll see dirt and sand and crap poured onto the Forerunner metals on occasion - at least in Halo 4 - but being a galactic hyperpower that figured out a way to annihilate everything under their suns, it probably wasn't that difficult to invent Atomic Space Windex. I mean hell, with the Flood running around, it probably pays off to be hygienic.

10/10

Nirvana

Seeing Locke and the Arbiter together is a bit concerning for me, because I feel like we might play a split campaign between Chief and Locke, as the latter tracks the Chief or whatever. Which basically means we wont get to play as the Arbiter again, which would be disappointing.

One of the things I liked about Halo 2 was seeing two different perspectives (and they felt like separate perspectives), whereas with Locke, we will just get a less interesting character with a very similar outlook as the Chief, at least in the sense that he has gone through similar things and is, obviously a human.

I would rather there was no Locke and we just went back to Arby and the Chief tbh.

I want to get this armor texture/style back in Halo 3 in the MC collection:

zLt0GJo.jpg

I would be so happy if we finally got to see it in action.
This would be AMAZING! Do it 343.
The lighting made this Gold armor really good.
I watched that reveal trailer over 100 times.
Probably. MS wants a Halo every year, Wars 2 could fill the gap in 2016.
Wasn't it every 2 years? But the fact that they're doing these bundles, collections, and XBLA games are evidence enough it's every year.

I'm actually worried they aren't going to have a themed Master Chief Collection console. Instead, I probably figure most people are going to splurge on Black Friday XBO / MCC deals, updated XBO (slim?) revealed early Q2 2015, with a Halo 5-themed XBO Slim coming out in late Q3 / early Q4 along with Halo 5.

Just glue these to the top of the Xbox.

masterchiefevolution.jpg

Seeing Locke and the Arbiter together is a bit concerning for me, because I feel like we might play a split campaign between Chief and Locke, as the latter tracks the Chief or whatever. Which basically means we wont get to play as the Arbiter again, which would be disappointing.

One of the things I liked about Halo 2 was seeing two different perspectives (and they felt like separate perspectives), whereas with Locke, we will just get a less interesting character with a very similar outlook as the Chief, at least in the sense that he has gone through similar things and is, obviously a human.

I would rather there was no Locke and we just went back to Arby and the Chief tbh.

(a) It's possible that all three are playable characters
(b) There's always co-op.

Just got my plane ticket to RTX 2014. Going to see the based Mix over there. Maybe even going to play a little bit of Halo 2: Anni. Either way, it's going to be a blast.

You know regardless of how meh the gameplay and the visuals (crisp but the models and designs seem a little eh as well, some good some really bland and not original) of Destiny has looked since the start. The music sounds absolutely pristine and, maybe the one thing I will for sure enjoy a lot that is a part of the game.

Enfinit

Every map from Halo CE + PC, every map from Halo 2 + PC, every Halo 3 map, and every Halo 4 map. Yeah, it's insane.

They stated Derelict and another PC map aren't included. I forgot the other one, but those are the only two that aren't in it.

It's hard to comment on something we know relatively nothing about. All we know is that they're not "armor abilities."

Nirvana

So, lemme get this straight.

Every Halo CE map + Halo CE PC maps.
Every Halo 2 map + Halo 2 Vista maps + Halo 2 DLC + 6 Halo 2 remakes.
Every Halo 3 map + DLC.
Every Halo 4 map + DLC.
All Halo 4 Spartan Ops missions.
Every Halo campaign level.

Good god.

+Halo 5 Beta
+Halo: Nightfall
+Forge and theatre for Halo 2,3,4

Every Halo 3 map + DLC.
Every Halo 4 map + DLC.

Good god.

"How come God gets credit whenever something good happens?"

Every Halo 3 map + DLC.
Every Halo 4 map + DLC.

Good god.
Get prepped for that 50GB download boys and girls!

Enfinit

343i is blowing my fucking mind right now. It's literally unreal how much content we have access to on one disc. And for $60. It's like based Stinkles himself is standing before us, saying "Hey guys. Reach was kinda poop, CEA was cool but had some poop, and Halo 4 had some poop too, so for putting up with all that poop, have this. We love you."

Can you imagine if other franchises did something like this? Kingdom Hearts (well, they already kinda did), GTA, CoD, etc. That'd be an awesome trend in the industry.

Top Bottom