• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

D= why you do this, steely?
How long is that 2-3 hours?
Probably a good guess on the average person's webz.

Depends on how 343 does a download for "ready to play" state as well. Theoretically, they could set it up to allow you to start playing campaign of CE at 10% or something like that.

Are the Halo PC maps also in now, or just the missing Halo 2 ones?
From the Collection thread:
Halo 1
Battle Creek
Blood Gulch
Boarding Action
Chill Out
Chiron TL-34
Damnation
Danger Canyon (PC)
Death Island (PC)
Derelict
Gephyrophobia (PC)
Hang 'Em High
Ice Fields (PC)
Infinity (PC)
Longest Prisoner
Rat Race
Sidewinder
Timberland (PC)
Wizard

Halo 2
Ascension
Backwash
Beaver Creek
Burial Mounds
Coagulation
Colossus
Containment
Desolation
District (PC)
Elongation
Foundation
Gemini
Headlong
Ivory Tower
Lockout
Midship
Relic
Sanctuary
Terminal
Tombstone
Turf
Uplift (PC)
Warlock
Waterworks
Zanzibar

Halo 3
Assembly
Avalanche
Blackout
Boundless
Citadel
Cold Storage
Construct
Epilogue
Epitaph
Foundry
Ghost Town
Guardian
Heretic
High Ground
Isolation
Last Resort
Longshore
Onslaught
Orbital
Pit Stop
Rat's Nest
Sandbox
Sandtrap
Snowbound
Standoff
The Pit
Valhalla

Halo 4
Abandon
Adrift
Ascent
Complex
Daybreak
Erosion
Exile
Forge Island
Grifball Court
Harvest
Haven
Impact
Landfall
Longbow
Meltdown
Monolith
Outcast
Perdition
Pitfall
Ragnarok
Ravine
Relay
Settler
Shatter
Skyline
Solace
Vertigo
Vortex
Wreckage

Halo 2 remakes done in Halo 4's Engine Ascension
Lockout
Zanzibar
???
???
???
106 maps
+SpOps and etc.

jem0208

Neither am i. Xbone does have some sort capture system, doesn't it?

Yup, got "Xbox record that" which saves the last 30 seconds of footage for you to edit later.

You can also record up to 5 minutes of footage with the Game DVR app, pretty sure it has to be snapped though :l

Booties

Banned
Possible halo 2 remakes

Beaver Creek
Midship
Turf
Sanctuary
Terminal (God I hope)
Warlock

These are at least the maps I'd like to see, but they gotta do what's popular. I think most of these maps have been redone or have a "spiritual sucessor"

Someone might find this useful.

ibs5rsxumpt8IT.jpg

Possible halo 2 remakes

Beaver Creek
Midship
Turf
Sanctuary
Terminal (God I hope)
Warlock

These are at least the maps I'd like to see, but they gotta do what's popular. I think most of these maps have been redone or have a "spiritual sucessor"

Lockout, Zanzibar and Ascension confirmed.

Midship and Sanctuary are all I really want.

jem0208

Still not quite sure what I'm looking at lol.

Basically, on the left you have Forza 5 and on the right you have the TV app.

You can run 2 apps at the same time or 1 game and an app. The "snapped" app takes up about a 1/5th of the screen space and shrinks the game down a bit.

This is what it would look like with the DVR app, except instead of TV it would be the DVR app.

who told fununknown he could make that thread

Does he need permission or something? ;P

789shadow

Banned
Basically, on the left you have Forza 5 and on the right you have the TV app.

You can run 2 apps at the same time or 1 game and an app. The "snapped" app takes up about a 1/5th of the screen space and shrinks the game down a bit.

This is what it would look like with the DVR app, except instead of TV it would be the DVR app.
Okay.

Can you record something that just happened with the DVR app, or do you need it recording ahead of time?

jem0208

Okay.

Can you record something that just happened with the DVR app, or do you need it recording ahead of time?

Yeah that's where "Xbox, Record that" comes in. Basically if you have Kinect you can say that command and the last 30 seconds of gameplay will be saved.

So you could pull of a triple headshot with the sniper, freak out for 10 seconds then shout at your Xbox to record that and the clip would be saved then you could continue to freak out.

I assume now that they have unbundled the Kinect they will be adding in some way of doing that without Voice Commands.

789shadow

Banned
Yeah that's where "Xbox, Record that" comes in. Basically if you have Kinect you can say that command and the last 30 seconds of gameplay will be saved.

So you could pull of a triple headshot with the sniper, freak out for 10 seconds then shout at your Xbox to record that and the clip would be saved then you could continue to freak out.

I assume now that they have unbundled the Kinect they will be adding in some way of doing that without Voice Commands.
I hope so. I'm not touching the Kinect lol

jem0208

I hope so. I'm not touching the Kinect lol

Seriously, I'd say it was worth it for the VCs alone.

Being able to snap stuff and go around the UI without looking through menu's is bloody awesome. I also can't think of a way they could possibly have the Xbox Record that functionality in a non super clunky way without Kinect. It's definitely worth it.

There's so much content in this game. I'm not sure what I'm going to tackle first. I think it'll be:

1. Halo 2 campaign.
2. Play Halo 1/2 multiplayer for nostalgia purposes (and to experience Halo 1's MP) until I'm done with Halo 2's campaign
3. Halo 3's campaign
4. Halo 1's campaign

2-3?! What is your internet? Magic pixie dust?!?

This would take me over 24 hours.

Eh, it's kind of slow...

This is purely a math based calculation in the real world it wouldn't be this simple.

My internet connection is 130mpbs

130megabits is 16.25 megabytes per second.

16.25mb x 60 is 975mb per min

50gb divided by 975mb is 51mins 28 seconds.

If the server was top notch and my connection didn't fluctuate my download time would be under an hour.

My connection usually reaches a stable 100mbps area. 1GB take a few mins to download. I'd wager I could get it in under 2 hours. I've download similar size content in that time.

There's so much content in this game. I'm not sure what I'm going to tackle first. I think it'll be:

1. Halo 2 campaign.
2. Play Halo 1/2 multiplayer for nostalgia purposes (and to experience Halo 1's MP) until I'm done with Halo 2's campaign
3. Halo 3's campaign
4. Halo 1's campaign

Going to Play Halo 1-4 in one sitting on legendary first. Then MP for the rest of my life.

Dropping out, going pro. See you guys @ MLG Throwback event 2016 Halo 2 finals

Tawpgun

Probs gonna do H2 or H1 Multi if people are on If not, then H2 campaign. Gonna save off on doing a marathon of the 4 campaigns until right before Guardians comes out

Top Bottom