• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Me and you both brother

Gotta roll through mp some time again dude.

That's the other thing. All the Halos coming out on one disc has the ability to really gather a bunch of people under the one banner again (except for people playing Reach). I think it's a really cool way to perhaps regain the ties that might have been lost when subsequent Halos came alog and ruined whatever Halo was for people. Seeing Bigshow happy for this game says a lot. That's really cool.

jem0208

Eh, it's kind of slow...

This is purely a math based calculation in the real world it wouldn't be this simple.

My internet connection is 130mpbs

130megabits is 16.25 megabytes per second.

16.25mb x 60 is 975mb per min

50gb divided by 975mb is 51mins 28 seconds.

If the server was top notch and my connection didn't fluctuate my download time would be under an hour.

My connection usually reaches a stable 100mbps area. 1GB take a few mins to download. I'd wager I could get it in under 2 hours. I've download similar size content in that time.

I am so ridiculously jealous.

I think I average a download speed of about... 400... kb/s

Generally takes about 30 minutes to an hour to download a gigabite because my connection fluctuates like a bitch.

jem0208

First thing I'm gunna do is fire up the remastered levels in custom games and see what they're all about. Then I'll probably play through the entirety of the campaigns back to back with intermittent breaks consisting of MP.

Mistel

Banned
My plan is to get scout armor in 3 then play btb for a long time, then play CE with funk. Not sure if I'll do the campaigns again or focus on all the achievements.

To clarify game DVR on X1 is always* recording and had the last 5 minutes available. As a common shortcut, Xbox record that will save a clip of the last 30 seconds. If you want more than that, you can snap game DVR at any time and save up to the last 5 minutes.

* the only exception I know of is when you stream to twitch from your console game DVR is unavailable.

How do some of you have internet that bad? What year is it?

Someone might find this useful.

ibs5rsxumpt8IT.jpg
is this official box art or fan made? The background yes, but everything else like the "2" and perhaps the Halo Logo altogether isn't? Idk.

Fuchsdh

There's so much content in this game. I'm not sure what I'm going to tackle first. I think it'll be:

1. Halo 2 campaign.
2. Play Halo 1/2 multiplayer for nostalgia purposes (and to experience Halo 1's MP) until I'm done with Halo 2's campaign
3. Halo 3's campaign
4. Halo 1's campaign

Playing it front-to-back Marathoned campaign is the only proper answer. Multiplayer, eh, we'll see. I'm more excited for the LAN possibilities than I am the XBL.

343 is touting instant graphic switching with Halo 2: Anniversary thanks to the new hardware. Does anyone know if Halo CE: Anniversary will switch instantly too now, or would that not be possible since it was originally developed for the 360?

Playing it front-to-back Marathoned campaign is the only proper answer. Multiplayer, eh, we'll see. I'm more excited for the LAN possibilities than I am the XBL.

I recently played Halo 1's campaign, and I still have not-too-fond memories of trying to complete Halo 4 on Legendary to attempt to play the campaign again on any difficulty. Maybe come November, but not as yet.

Caladrius

343 is touting instant graphic switching with Halo 2: Anniversary thanks to the new hardware. Does anyone know if Halo CE: Anniversary will switch instantly too now, or would that not be possible since it was originally developed for the 360?

It depends on whether or not they optimized it properly.If they can do it with H2A they can almost certainly do it with HA.

Booties

Banned
I'm just gonna pick up where I left off in college and play halo 3 from the time I get home from class to the time I go to bed at 4am. Except now it's between when my fiance goes to sleep and when she wakes up to bring me to bed.

Oh how life changes you.

Nebula

Yeah that's where "Xbox, Record that" comes in. Basically if you have Kinect you can say that command and the last 30 seconds of gameplay will be saved.

So you could pull of a triple headshot with the sniper, freak out for 10 seconds then shout at your Xbox to record that and the clip would be saved then you could continue to freak out.

My new epic clip reaction will be "XBOX RECORD THAT!!"

Imagine proximity voice being on and hearing that after you just got donged on.

Tawpgun

I'm just gonna pick up where I left off in college and play halo 3 from the time I get home from class to the time I go to bed at 4am. Except now it's between when my fiance goes to sleep and when she wakes up to bring me to bed.

Oh how life changes you.

Wait I missed something in the life of bootles

Computron

Anyone else worried that most people will pick halo 2 mp over halo ce? Fragmentation :(

dedis means the small player base shouldn't effect the quality of the match as much in terms of playability. Just a good skill based matchmaker is all that should be needed or a custom games browser.

Computron

Hey, I just realized

500px-Backwash.jpg

The King has returned

Serious though: I wonder if they'll let you spawn with grenades on it now.

I can't wait to play that and this:

at a whopping 1080p... SIX....TEEEN... EF PEE ESSS.

Also, I really hope they can find some way to bring firenades and the blinders and motion tracker scramblers back into the fold. I never got to play with those....

Watched the H5 MP trailer a few times now. Am I the only one who got the feeling that the thruster pack will now be a standard equipment for spartans? the guy who dashs forwards and tackles the spartan, one spartan who slides really long, the third one uses some kind of thrusters towrads the ground for that powerpunch...

Actually i would find this amazing, since i always played Reach Customs with Evade for everyone and H4 Customs with Thruster Packs. I think that would be a really good addition to the movement set

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Watched the H5 MP trailer a few times now. Am I the only one who got the feeling that the thruster pack will now be a standard equipment for spartans? the guy who dashs forwards and tackles the spartan, one spartan who slides really long, the third one uses some kind of thrusters towrads the ground for that powerpunch...

Actually i would find this amazing, since i always played Reach Customs with Evade for everyone and H4 Customs with Thruster Packs. I think that would be a really good addition to the movement set

I'm hoping that default Thruster Packs replace Sprint, and that they can do different things depending on the situation.

Tawpgun

From what we know, they won't have loadout AA's in the arena portion. But they did say we will be able to do cool new things with the Spartans. From te trailer it seemed like there was some kind of a ground pound and a destiny like slide.

Universally improved movement options probably won't be a bad thing. The problem with jetpack as a loadout was that you were handicapping yourself by not picking it.

I want it to happen as default. Although this twist with abilities might prove something way more different than what I had hoped based on the trailer and info. so far.

Smash looks to have the destructive equivalent of a rocket perhaps a trip mine equipment. But at what costs are you risking? Shields perhaps?
Rewards? Explosive Area Effect/or Proximity Damage.

Dash is like a Thruster pack to baseball slide. No clue if it does any damage. Risks? No clue... Rewards? Slide into cover towards your desired direction. Double Jump alt. mode or Aerial Dash?

jem0208

I've said this a few times in pretty much all the H5 threads I think :3

I think it would add a really, really interesting dynamic to the game whilst also adding to the skill gap. I really hope we're right.

Top Bottom