• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Thats pretty cool. He knows they have something great and isnt afraid to say no were not changig things. Quite refreshing.

Some things simply dont need to be changed.

Edit: I have a nasty pikachu.

Madness

Speaking of Smash Bros., saw this mentioned in the GAF thread from IGN.

Makes me feel good about Smash's future.

A design philosophy I'm hopeful for with Halo.

A great design philosophy so many devs in the West are eager to abandon in favor of quick sales and profit.

Halo needs to be simple. Easy to pick up and play, hard to master. Those who say it isn't accessible. It's far easier to pick up and start playing Halo CE or Halo 2 or even Halo 3 than it is to play Reach and Halo 4.

The only thing working against Smash is the fact the original developers of SSB and SSBM aren't working on it.

I dunno guys, there are many ways to read that quote. I'm sure someone at some point thought something similar when describing the Halo 4 changes.

I do trust Nintendo [/Namco] to get Smash mostly right.

I was a Pichu main in Melee and a Ganon main in Brawl. Sad times.

Can't wait to figure out my favorite for SSB4 only for it to be deemed bottom-tier in the first month.

Ghazi

A great design philosophy so many devs in the West are eager to abandon in favor of quick sales and profit.

Halo needs to be simple. Easy to pick up and play, hard to master. Those who say it isn't accessible. It's far easier to pick up and start playing Halo CE or Halo 2 or even Halo 3 than it is to play Reach and Halo 4.

The only thing working against Smash is the fact the original developers of SSB and SSBM aren't working on it.
In Sakurai we trust

Computron

http://www.twitch.tv/naded/b/430285082

I need a gif of this. 9:24 seconds.

ibjohONEOlxD9U.gif

Woah what, the championship allows all abilities? so much for a fun time.

Because running around with pro vision is the cool thing to do

IHaveIce

Banned
Woah what, the championship allows all abilities? so much for a fun time.

Because running around with pro vision is the cool thing to do
Weekly style of gameplay. It changes in the finals it will be v4 settings.

Announced weeks ago.

And now we have off topic talk in the Halo 4 thread, fantastic. Smash brothers is the only Nintendo thing I could care about that is announced. As long as it isn't shitty mario kart

Weekly style of gameplay. It changes in the finals it will be v4 settings.

Announced weeks ago.

Looking over the names of each week, sounds like we get a few dmr/br starts after this week is over.

Still, it feels like AA are only there because the game has them, would have been nice to be a pure shooter without any abilities this week.

750 people this week can win a copy of Nike+ kinect training, woooo~

IHaveIce

Banned
Looking over the names of each week, sounds like we get a few dmr/br starts after this week is over.

Still, it feels like AA are only there because the game has them, would have been nice to be a pure shooter without any abilities this week.

750 people this week can win a copy of Nike+ kinect training, woooo~
Well the online qualifiers a mess at whole, 1 week is swat rumble pit.... SWAT FFA. I will try to get at gamescom in the tourney, no expectations but will be fun on lan with decent settings

players with 20 games are starting to show up, two people already with perfect 8's

This guy seems to be a BEAST in singles playlists, dem 50's

14 games in and FFA with 8 people is like rolling the dice half the time, i've spawned between gun battles and had people spawn right in front of me for an easy kill, it's more of a mess then CoD is.

players with 20 games are starting to show up, two people already with perfect 8's

This guy seems to be a BEAST in singles playlists, dem 50's

14 games in and FFA with 8 people is like rolling the dice half the time, i've spawned between gun battles and had people spawn right in front of me for an easy kill, it's more of a mess then CoD is.

He has played almost 5000 games of Halo 4 in less than a year. He deserves a prize just for that.

Purplemage

Neo Member
I gotta say I really like Legendary Slayer. Still wish I had a pistol but it makes the rifles feel more powerful and original. And the weapon placements on some of these maps are actually really good. Having to find the spawns without any waypoints brings back the fun of playing on a fresh map. No AA's or Boltshots? YES.

I gotta say I really like Legendary Slayer. Still wish I had a pistol but it makes the rifles feel more powerful and original. And the weapon placements on some of these maps are actually really good. Having to find the spawns without any waypoints brings back the fun of playing on a fresh map. No AA's or Boltshots? YES.

AR spawns are horrible.

Man, playing Legendary slayer its like playing Scavenger in Battlefield 3, they give you one of the worst weapons to survive and go for better weapons that are throwed away on the floor.

Played the Gun Game last night a couple of times in a decent custom party and it was great fun! This should be an official gametype for sure and it was just so polished even down to the green glow indicator when you levelled up to the next weapon etc.

Fuchsdh

Played some games with ExWife and co. Legendary Slayer is definitely fun, but weapon choices are bit odd, and not having a pistol makes certain maps one-sided very easily. 343 please give us BR + pistol and AR + pistol options, if you will.

Also, Monolith is a really fun map.

And I like Spartan Lasers on infantry maps.

Played the Gun Game last night a couple of times in a decent custom party and it was great fun! This should be an official gametype for sure and it was just so polished even down to the green glow indicator when you levelled up to the next weapon etc.

I have yet to play it but I've wanted gun game in Halo for a while (it was the only thing I really liked about CS.) I echo these sentiments. Would be great to have a variant on disc for rotational playlists or action sack.

Yeah. I like the idea of Legendary Slayer, but after a few games starting with nothing but an AR is absolutely maddening. It's like spawning with stumps for hands.

Pistol secondary ASAP, please. Press Y for fun.

Yeah it was fine for the first couple of minutes for the game I played because I could outauto most of the guys. Then other people started figuring out where the ranged weapons were while I was still in the dark, and my team became chum. I was hoping they'd do static weapons like ordnance so you at least knew where power weapons were.

Yea it is amazing how great some of the modded gametypes are. 343 should hire those modders.

Striker

Man, playing Legendary slayer its like playing Scavenger in Battlefield 3, they give you one of the worst weapons to survive and go for better weapons that are throwed away on the floor.
It's super strong up close. Combine with the strong melee, it's Halo 3 awful of frustration. They desperately need a Pistol secondary.

The weapon placements are also terrible. Played Haven, Adrift, Abandon, and Shutout, and only enjoyed (if you want to call it that) Shutout. Not very fun.

And BTB Skirmish has tons of bad options. King on Exile lol.

Fuchsdh

You know how there was only about two CCS's that were ever shown in Spartan Ops' cutscenes? Well, you're not going to believe how much detail went into them.

This guy is crazy talented. I hope he does more work for Halo. Seriously.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Props to his talent, but I think at a point he misses the fact that Halo ships *aren't* Star Wars vessels. They aren't designed to have lots of chunks and super-uneven surface detail. It was detailed enough before the end of part 1.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Guys, guys...

I played Legendary Slayer for the first time. I was excited. I lurk this thread and occasionally post, and I thought you were all being haters, too negative at this point to sort out the good news and the bad. Legendary Slayer sounded cool. The AR isn't so bad of a start, I like the AR, so I was stoked for that. No armor abilities, check. No drops, check. At least Legendary Slayer is them trying, right?

WRONG. We talkin about Halo 4, man.

The AR start. Might not be so bad, but the way they've buffed the AR to balance with starting BRs seems to totally throw off the balance in an old-school rules setting. Maybe it's just me, I don't know what it is exactly, but the game play would be so much more diverse if we just had a freaking pistol also.

Another problem is weapons. I dont know where the hell they are and it's a weird thing to introduce at this point, maybe that'll work itself out.

But the main problem is that this playlist shows you just how much Halo has changed. I went in expecting an old school experience, but playing it felt like trying to cram a square peg through a round hole. The maps, the weapons, the player movement, they just weren't designed for for this kind of game. It felt like playing a beta version of Halo multiplayer. It was decent for some nostalgia, but ultimately it just made me sad and pessimistic about whether 343 could go back at least to the Halo 3 days (which I personally liked, and is at least better than this) even if they tried. It is so fundamentally different, and the way I play t has fundamentally changed. I'd be happy to have to relearn the old ways, but I dot know about the more casual or less picky fan that probably drives sales.

Lockout is my favorite map ever. EVAR. I played a few matches on the new remake (I even enjoyed Blackout and the other more accurate fan remake), and it just... sucked. It sucked. Lockout sucked. How the hell do you make Lockout suck.

Grrrrrrr.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Rockets on haven.

I was gonna cite Haven but like I said I don't know if I'm just not used to how weapons on map work yet in 4, and it could be that they're ok once you're acclimated. Weapons on map is something that by definition, it itself, can't be messed up. Which weapons you put on the map and where, verdict is still out for me on how 343 did.

Rockets on Haven definitely didn't require very strategic use though, that is for sure. So yeah. Rockets on Haven.

Edit: also I kept picking up both BRs on Haven because they're RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER and nobody else seemed to know they were there, lol.

Again, I'm withholding judgment, but it could very well be that the weapon placement doesn't feel "right" to me at this point for a good reason.

And if you can't get weapon placement right, then...? Wtf. It almost makes sense though. 343 hasn't dealt with weapons on map since, what, the Reach maps they made?

Top Bottom