• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Nebula

Looking for money. CoD gets money. Copy CoD for guaranteed money. This is the thought process behind Halo 4.

I don't see how anyone can trust them with the Halo franchise. Whether it is the employees or Microsoft itself, either way we're going to get more of this shit down the line.

Microsoft have shown just how ugly they truly are in the past few months. It's why I'm jumping ship.

TheOddOne

Oh brother, can people just stop posting 'I'm leaving' and actually do what you have been saying since the last time you posted it. Just beating a dead horse at this point. Ugh, I understand disliking the game but the whole 'I'm leaving' thing is tiresome. Just do it already and be done with it.

Ok that might sound dickish, but it had to be said.

Omni

Looking for money. CoD gets money. Copy CoD for guaranteed money. This is the thought process behind Halo 4.

I don't see how anyone can trust them with the Halo franchise. Whether it is the employees or Microsoft itself, either way we're going to get more of this shit down the line.

Microsoft have shown just how ugly they truly are in the past few months. It's why I'm jumping ship.
Agreed that we're going to see more of it down the line, sadly.

Slim as it may be, I still have hope for Halo 5. I mean, surely they've learnt some valuable lessons with Halo 4. Plus I'm getting an X1 anyway, so I'm not about to jump ship any time soon. Worse comes to worse Halo becomes a campaign only experience for me.

Madness

Damn, that's pretty ridiculous... How much handholding did they want to add to the game? Martyrdom, audible proximity sensor which would have all but killed whatever was left of stealth, and then the show enemy health mod. While it's not as obnoxious, it changes the gameplay. Damage and shield indicators exist for a reason. Count your shots too.

Hopefully they won't spend anymore time on this garbage or include it in the next game.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't mind the show the shield perk cause every good player counts shots and can see if somevody is weak.

But the other 2 are some damn bullshit

TheOddOne

Giving the player more to customize actually gimped them even more. Who would have though? Oh wait, everybody with a sane mind though that was a bad idea.

Lmao at the "effectively camp one spot for 60 seconds" achievement for the Champions pack. If that's real, fire whoever came up with these. Then fire them again. I give up.

IHaveIce

Banned
Honestly both these armor mods could make fun custom games, fringe gametypes, but it shouldn't be even considered for matchmaking.

Right now I'm only waiting for modders to find out ADS are in the code somewhere

I'm going to be hosting a lan party soon and wanted to know if you guys know any awsome fun game modes/maps.

I don't want too competitive and some fun flood levels would be nice. (my friends don't play halo much)

Karl2177

I'm going to be hosting a lan party soon and wanted to know if you guys know any awsome fun game modes/maps.

I don't want too competitive and some fun flood levels would be nice. (my friends don't play halo much)

I'll just throw this out there, Halo 4 doesn't lan well with people that don't play Halo 4. Even if you do manage to get enough copies, you still have to install the multiplayer to each console. By the time I was halfway done with that, we just decided to pop in Halo 3.

343 thought it was a good idea to build a map that fundamentally changes any gametype at the press of a button (Everything --> SWAT). I can't say I'm at all surprised at the new, ridiculous achievements.

No sale.

There was a small glimmer of hope for Halo/343 after Bravo got there and they updated the weapons. That glimmer is gone after they decided to add armor mods, and the stuff on the last few pages. I don't think anyone could more blatantly copy CoD than they did. I mean martyrdom, really? I won't even say anything else about the achievement for camping because it says it all itself.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You can already shit out grenades in Halo. Why add an armor mod that does it for you?

Anyway, played Legendary Slayer yesterday. It was both refreshing and frustrating. Refreshing because there was nothing on my HUD and I was getting weapons because I knew where they were and not because the game was telling me. Frustrating because its AR starts. Its pretty amazing to see what it does to a map like Adrift though. It plays so different with AR starts. Not necessarily better, just way different.

Havok

I have no idea.

But the crappy quality of the last three sets has convinced me that they are real.
Just the last three? The overwhelming majority of Halo multiplayer achievements (lets be generous and say only 95%) have been just downright awful. I would have assumed that some lessons would have been learned by now about achievement design, but I guess not - the same situation applies to "We understand that not every gametype belongs on every map." They say that they understand it and maybe they do, but they're damn sure not going to change anything about it.

Just the last three? The overwhelming majority of Halo multiplayer achievements (lets be generous and say only 95%) have been just downright awful. I would have assumed that some lessons would have been learned by now about achievement design, but I guess not - the same situation applies to "We understand that not every gametype belongs on every map." They say that they understand it and maybe they do, but they're damn sure not going to change anything about it.

This. It may suck butts, but truth be told I'd rather afk in a dead zone with camo in a dark corner of Pitfall than try and get a laser double in Lone Wolves.

I prefer to just not care about stupid achievements, though they do speak to a higher problem with the game and how developers attempt to poorly guide player behavior towards a shitty multiplayer experience.

J10

Banned

I don't think it's about looking for CoD money - Halo doesn't have a problem being profitable. I think it's that the people making the big decisions - Frank, Wolfkill, Ross, Holmes, Franklin - really didn't like Halo's base gameplay for what it was, and that's worse. I can't think of a better reason for the blatant aping of the competition. They like the competition's game better, so they're making their game just like it.

TCKaos

jbqVGMDvT4Oa9q.png

No words.

I doubt it... I venture to guess the majority of people who quit playing haven't even progressed past SR-50.

The dropoff within a month was ridiculous, coupled with the fact a lot of people also had double xp from photographing doritos bags or drinking dew.

And the bad thing about this progression system to reach is that they were only cosmetic in that game, whereas here, they have huge gameplay impact such as stability for rifles etc.

I'm not averse to a progression system, I think it ads longevity to the game and a lot of people like to dress up their Spartan, etc.

I just believe poor gameplay impacted the series than poor progression systems ever did. Ask the people who absolutely loathe reach, whether they stopped playing because they couldn't get the shoulders they wanted quickly or because they couldn't stand armor lock and bloom.

But thats what im saying, they didnt give a shit about the shoulder pads. The progression system was pointeless. And tbh, the only thing that kept me going back to Reach WAS the gameplay. I enjoyed that game a lot. I just hated hemorrage all the time and the fuckin quitters every 2 seconds. If anything, those pissed me off a lot more than having an option like armor lock.

Nebula

Halo 3 releasing for free will probably be the last time I play a Halo game. Once that boost dies off, and I get my PS4, I'll be playing CoD and GTA V until I get Destiny. We'll see how it goes from there.

Ramirez

I tried to give it another honest go, but I can only handle being sniped off spawn on Lockout so many times.

It's a damn shame what Halo has come to. Meanwhile, they're at SDCC pimping some horse shit tablet game no one asked for, a comic no one will read, and probably some new Mega Blocks, ugggggggh.

I tried to give it another honest go, but I can only handle being sniped off spawn on Lockout so many times.

It's a damn shame what Halo has come to. Meanwhile, they're at SDCC pimping some horse shit tablet game no one asked for, a comic no one will read, and probably some new Mega Blocks, ugggggggh.

Your not allowed say this!! We all asked for the shitty mobile game and we are all buying it because 343 cares about Halo.

Grow up Ram.

Fracas

#fuckonami
In news that surprises no one, Legendary slayer has a healthy population of 700. What a sack of dog shit.

Basically the exact same situation as Super Slayer. Never stood a chance.

For the love of god, make Legendary Slayer BR starts, remove sprint, revise the weapon spawns, and rename it Team Slayer. Kill Infinity Slayer and make a new playlist. Infinity Skirmish or something. 4v4 mix of Slayer and objective gametypes. Infinity nonsense goes here and nowhere else.

Basically the exact same situation as Super Slayer. Never stood a chance.

For the love of god, make Legendary Slayer BR starts, remove sprint, revise the weapon spawns, and rename it Team Slayer. Kill Infinity Slayer and make a new playlist. Infinity Skirmish or something. 4v4 mix of Slayer and objective gametypes. Infinity nonsense goes here and nowhere else.

Renaming it Team Slayer, BR starts, no sprint and putting it top of the list would do wonders for it. Leave Infinity Slayer in but not at the top.

I MIGHT have bought it, ya know, if it weren't W8 exclusive. Turning my favorite franchise into a OS seller, fuck off.

Halo 5 will be an attempt at a console seller, and more than likely be bad. Buckle up!!

Fuchsdh

I MIGHT have bought it, ya know, if it weren't W8 exclusive. Turning my favorite franchise into a OS seller, fuck off.

I might have bought Halo, ya know, if it weren't an Xbox exclusive. Turning a promising shooter game into a console seller, fuck off.

Top Bottom