• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Trying to save a franchise you love.

Complaining about people complaining about a video game they don't like on the most prominent and important of all video game forums?

What's worse, people trashing Halo 4 or you reminding everyone how much you don't like their doing it?

Obviously giving a shit about said people. You're definitely a pro at that.

Buried alive!

D60E3F56-CC5E-438B-8253-01430C350225-1115-0000023482C50ED3_zps3f019c92.jpg

But seriously, sometimes people need hard love. 343 and Halo need hard love right now. Here's hoping they're listening.

Tawpgun

This seems a noble endeavor, although I question the approach you and others take sometimes...

Like expressing disbelief over certain decisions made and pointing out the flaws we see in the game?

What is wrong with this approach? Should every complaint be filed "343 you guys are the best and perfect and halo 4 is the best and perfect and I love you but could you please maybe add BR starts to legendary slayer please you know if you want I don't wanna offend your design philosophy or decisions or anything haha"

But in all serious how should we frame our complaints about the game?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This seems a noble endeavor, although I question the approach you and others take sometimes...

Spartan Assault is pretty fun. Would like playing it better with a 360 controller though.

you can do that next month via update on surface and PC version

Randoms on CTF has got to the point of where I really want to throw my controller and I don't usually get to that level in games, ITS CTF GO CAPTURE THE FLAG STOP CAMPING AND PLAYING TEAM DM FOR FUCKS SAKE RANDOMS.

so annoying, feels like I am the only one trying, even when the enemy has our flag they CAMP fuck!

Why am I even playing this game, even big team has too many vehicles in it now days, a good pilot in a banshee will troll forever and again I feel like the only one trying to stop it while everyone else runs around like a headless chicken.

Also ban abandon from every play list apart from infection, saying that even infection is broken now with unneeded changes.

daedalius

Like expressing disbelief over certain decisions made and pointing out the flaws we see in the game?

What is wrong with this approach? Should every complaint be filed "343 you guys are the best and perfect and halo 4 is the best and perfect and I love you but could you please maybe add BR starts to legendary slayer please you know if you want I don't wanna offend your design philosophy or decisions or anything haha"

But in all serious how should we frame our complaints about the game?

I wrote a long post replying to this, but then I realized I don't give enough of a shit to go over something that has been gone over like 1000 other times by myself and plenty of others.

Short, good posts get lost in a sea of shit. Well reasoned criticism is good, no backpats, don't be a dick.

you can do that next month via update on surface and PC version

Woohoo!

Tawpgun

I wrote a long post replying to this, but then I realized I don't give enough of a shit to go over something that has been gone over like 1000 other times by myself and plenty of others.

Short, good posts get lost in a sea of shit. Well reasoned criticism is good, no backpats, don't be a dick.

Woohoo!

Everything wrong with halo has been criticized to hell and back very constructively by many of the members you think go about criticisizing the game wrongly.

Recent news is wtf was 343 thinking with ar starts and those achievements.

Ghazi

Randoms on CTF has got to the point of where I really want to throw my controller and I don't usually get to that level in games, ITS CTF GO CAPTURE THE FLAG STOP CAMPING AND PLAYING TEAM DM FOR FUCKS SAKE RANDOMS.

so annoying, feels like I am the only one trying, even when the enemy has our flag they CAMP fuck!

Why am I even playing this game, even big team has too many vehicles in it now days, a good pilot in a banshee will troll forever and again I feel like the only one trying to stop it while everyone else runs around like a headless chicken.

Also ban abandon from every play list apart from infection, saying that even infection is broken now with unneeded changes.

Who the fuck are you to try to keep people from getting their camping achievement? God, people only think of themselves online

:p

We should get a camping boosting lobby. Nobody attack. All 16 players immediately engage camo and squat in a corner for a minute.

Camo

Camp

O + 1 = P

OP

BREAKING: CAMO CAMPING IS OP

Madness

Why PM a mod if a supposed spoiler was posted? Why not PM the individual or write in the thread that's it's a spoiler and it'll get fixed? We barely got our other OT back, don't need eyes fixed on this community again.

On-topic, the only way to get the original Pit layout without the changes, we have to forge it correct? Has there been any new gameplay on pitfall shown?

TCKaos

Why PM a mod if a supposed spoiler was posted? Why not PM the individual or write in the thread that's it's a spoiler and it'll get fixed? We barely got our other OT back, don't need eyes fixed on this community again.

On-topic, the only way to get the original Pit layout without the changes, we have to forge it correct? Has there been any new gameplay on pitfall shown?

If I'm not mistaken either the bundle comes with the pre-forged classic variant or it'll be available in matchmaking. I think that was mentioned somewhere in the conference during the reveal.

Fotos

Just played a game of Legendary Slayer on Adrift. Why the hell do 2 Spartan Lasers spawn where the Snipers should?WTF

Booshka

Just played a game of Legendary Slayer on Adrift. Why the hell do 2 Spartan Lasers spawn where the Snipers should?WTF

It makes a tiny bit of sense not having Snipers in AR Starts on Adrift, but they still want a Power Weapon over there. Unfortunately, they put Spartan Lasers when they should have put Rail Guns there, or Snipers with limited Ammo. The charge-up time on the Spartan Laser makes it so players have a second or two to get out of the way if they see the laser when they are wandering down the hallways, but it's just not a weapon suited for small maps. Railgun would fit there much better, and having Snipers would still be better because both teams have access to "their" Sniper at start and can then fight over control throughout the game.

Maybe I am overthinking it, but that might be what 343 is doing that leads to these silly decisions. I mean, it makes sense that extremely peculiar decisions would be made when you spend over 100 days making essentially an AR Starts Social Slayer from Halo 3 playlist. That should take a month max to figure out maps and weapon placement/timing. But you spend over three months on it, dumb shit is bound to happen.

daedalius

Well, Legendary Slayer has kind of failed for me personally.

I'd rather just play Infinity Slayer and hope for Pro variants.

Why wasn't Legendary literally Pro from BTB; Pro with Radar, that's it!

Oh well. I imagine with its current population, they will try to switch it up. Or at least, I hope so.

Playing Spartan Assault between matches works pretty well.

Legendary Slayer is good but it is immediately with sprint it is complete trash.

Well, this literally has nothing to do with my issues with the gametype.

Playing Spartan Assault between matches works pretty well.

muppets-opera.jpg

"I thought I'd try playing Spartan Assault between Halo 4 matches."

"Oh yeah? How's that workin' out for you?"

"Well, it's great! By the time I lose interest, I've already beaten the game!"

"DOHOHOHOHOHOHO"

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
muppets-opera.jpg

"I thought I'd try playing Spartan Assault between Halo 4 matches."

"Oh yeah? How's that workin' out for you?"

"Well, it's great! By the time I lose interest, I've already beaten the game!"

"DOHOHOHOHOHOHO"

Bahaha excellent

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Im getting way ahead of myself but i guess the dream of a 60 fps halo is pretty much dead right? Next gen consoles are already underpowered and they arent even here yet.

Top Bottom