• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

That just proves they actually need to advertise those features because people actually do care n people don't follow halo developments all day.

That'd explain it, thanks!

Btw, I don't want Halo at 60fps. It doesn't feel like Halo!

When you die in 1.2 seconds from across the map and get 1 shot from everything else, you need 60fps
QCOX6Ps.png

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Or somehow, Forge maps are locked at 30 fps

Not totally related, but I was playing split screen online the other week for the first time, and on Forge maps the frame rate went absolutely to shit. On built in maps it was pretty normal, obviously much better.

Wtf? I guess I haven't played much split screen since 3, but I don't remember the FPS on Forge maps being a problem there. Any insight? It was basically unplayable (and split screen already messes up the axes so it's hard enough as it is lol)

Edit:

Damn I meant to watch!!

Not totally related, but I was playing split screen online the other week for the first time, and on Forge maps the frame rate went absolutely to shit. On built in maps it was pretty normal, obviously much better.

Wtf? I guess I haven't played much split screen since 3, but I don't remember the FPS on Forge maps being a problem there. Any insight? It was basically unplayable (and split screen already messes up the axes so it's hard enough as it is lol)

Edit:

Damn I meant to watch!!

343 has not fixed anything related to Forge's Framerate problems. I get framedrops when i play ThrowDown or any playlist that uses mostly forge maps. its ridiculous.

maybe the devs should spend more time on their own game, than playing CoD or other competitors. But hey, they need to take ideas and implement them poorly from somewhere right.

Arkos

343 has not fixed anything related to Forge's Framerate problems. I get framedrops when i play ThrowDown or any playlist that uses mostly forge maps. its ridiculous.

maybe the devs should spend more time on their own game, than playing CoD or other competitors. But hey, they need to take ideas and implement them poorly from somewhere right.

Damn that's pitiful. If I still had a roommate this wouldn't be our main, simple as that. (not my main anymore either though)

Arkos

I actually like Abandon a lot :3

Maybe because I like FFA best and it's pretty good for that

Edit: Ehhhh the gameplay in that stream is cool but geez the commentators are so fail. I think he's making up horrible words like "teamnade" and "flagsisteal-kill"

They're trying way too hard, nobody's figured out quite how to commentate and/or display multiplayer video games yet. (I do really like the call of the famous Daigo SF match though)

He did a ton of work with H4Turbo. That shit turned out great

Yes changing the BR to 4 shot like Halo has always been must have been tough!

Unfortunately the AR buff was too much and turbo settings are basically a failure. Well in terms of bringing players back to MP.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yes changing the BR to 4 shot like Halo has always been must have been tough!

Unfortunately the AR buff was too much and turbo settings are basically a failure. Well in terms of bringing players back to MP.

Regardless, he helped clean up a large mess he didn't make. I'm not saying he's some sort of savior but he's done a lot for Halo 4.

If he did ALOT Halo would be in better shape. We need great ideas infused into Halo daily to get those low numbers to ramp up high enough that Halo becomes the game to play.

DeadNames

Banned
If he did ALOT Halo would be in better shape. We need great ideas infused into Halo daily to get those low numbers to ramp up high enough that Halo becomes the game to play.

At this point it's very unlikely.

Halo would need to recapture the fun feeling of Halo 3 to get that, and with 343's "vision", that doesn't really seem to be happening.

Tashi

We could argue all day about how much he's done, that doesn't really matter. I definitely agree with you though that it's not enough from 343 to get the population to start to climb rather than continue to decline. Still somehow after all these years across 2 studios, it takes months for playlists to update. I really think the matchmaking team is too small. Matchmaking management is so insanely important.

At this point it's very unlikely.

Halo would need to recapture the fun feeling of Halo 3 to get that, and with 343's "vision", that doesn't really seem to be happening.

nah I really don't want another shitty utility weapon. Let's not look to Halo 3 for inspiration.

Juices, you could replace Frankie and Halo's still going to be at a 25,000-a-day peak. Microsoft isn't just some mamby pamby company that's waiting for The Chosen One to come along and make everything alright. You don't get a surplus of 5 billion US dollars by kissing babies and making people come back for the sequel of a 12-year-old franchise. If you got sucked into the corporate maelstrom, 343 would serve you a giant, stinking shit sandwich. If you wanted to even try to get things back to the way they were, you'd pick it up, take a bite, and like it. That's just the state Halo's in now, and it'll be a while before that changes.

Booshka

We could argue all day about how much he's done, that doesn't really matter. I definitely agree with you though that it's not enough from 343 to get the population to start to climb rather than continue to decline. Still somehow after all these years across 2 studios, it takes months for playlists to update. I really think the matchmaking team is too small. Matchmaking management is so insanely important.

I think MS and 343 don't respect their multiplayer like a lot of studios do, Blizzard, Riot, Valve, Treyarch, all spend some serious time and resources to make their MP relevant and constantly improving.

It seems like Halo has always just been a little bit of post-release sustain, then just huge effort into the next big Campaign and engine. Treating the MP as second fiddle and not investing enough talent and resources into it. It's obvious that it isn't a priority, and that needs to change or else Halo will just be marketed for the first two weeks of front loaded sales, then status quo until the next Halo is announced.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hopefully 343 gives Waypoint CMotWs early codes for this like for Castle. I want to mess around with Forge on the maps before they're released.

Also, I'm seeing a severe lack of #HireJuices in the chat.

Nice to see xbla codes in the twitch chat, a shame I'm on my mobile and iPad watching in bed.

What bothers me is that they are sitting on these new maps and features for another 4 weeks yet its all on the live service ready to go.

Whyyyyyy

Tashi

Like telling the competitive community to go fuck itself on twitter or advising Ghost against using NS before his change of heart?

Got a link to this one?

Still doesn't change what he's done though. Not denying what you've said but it's not like it cancels out changes to the game.

Got a link to this one?

Still doesn't change what he's done though. Not denying what you've said but it's not like it cancels out changes to the game.

It was on twitter about two months ago.

changes like an un-needed AR/Saw buff. And no change to the inconsistent spread or randomness in the BR?

Got a link to this one?

What is it exactly that Quinn has done for Halo? You say it's a lot of things, so I'm genuinely curious as to what they are.

daedalius

Seeing the same people complaining in all 3(4?) threads simultaneously is pretty amusing.

You get a /golfclap

Jetpacks on the Pit are predictably gross, Pro settings pls.

Tashi

It was on twitter about two months ago.

changes like an un-needed AR/Saw buff. And no change to the inconsistent spread or randomness in the BR?

Debatable

Tashi just said Sup gurl! in the stream....

N lack of HireJuices you guys are the worst.

I can't say hi to Jess?

What is it exactly that Quinn has done for Halo? You say it's a lot of things, so I'm genuinely curious as to what they are.

I said a lot, not a lot of things. H4Turbo is a huge one however.

Ramirez

Seeing the same people complaining in all 3(4?) threads simultaneously is pretty amusing.

You get a /golfclap

Jetpacks on the Pit are predictably gross, Pro settings pls.

Yo, no complaining about the jetpacks, only positivity, thanks.

My tag has nothing to do with EA, Tiburon Apologist woulda been better.

Debatable, Tashi? C'mon son. The SAW is free kills now, goes against everything a power weapon in Halo is, there is no risk to using,your enemy is fucked.

Ghazi

So I went and played Halo 4 for about 4 or 5 hours today, talked to probably around a hundred people since most people in lobbies I was in had people with mics in them, and I asked/talked to them about the new map pack coming and the update with perks.

A majority of them didn't even know that a map pack was coming, which is odd to me since it was advertised in the dashboard under a tile labeled something about Halo 4, some knew about it but didn't know about the update, when I told them about the two perks we know about so far (Vehicle Ejection and Shield Recharge time decrease) the reactions were mostly negative.

This is not good.

Booshka

So I went and played Halo 4 for about 4 or 5 hours today, talked to probably around a hundred people since most people in lobbies I was in had people with mics in them, and I asked/talked to them about the new map pack coming and the update with perks.

A majority of them didn't even know that a map pack was coming, which is odd to me since it was advertised in the dashboard under a tile labeled something about Halo 4, some knew about it but didn't know about the update, when I told them about the two perks we know about so far (Vehicle Ejection and Shield Recharge time decrease) the reactions were mostly negative.

This is not good.

Your anecdotal evidence is appreciated, but with thorough focus testing and internal 343 testing, we have decided this is the proper course for the future for Halo.

Thank you for your input, the Champions Bundle will be releasing soon for 800 MS points.

Top Bottom