• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Booshka

Did wahrer edit his post after daed said that, or did daed say that after wahrer did?

EDITCEPTION

Also, remember before Great Thread Split of 2013 when the Halo 4 thread only had positive and active Halo 4 players posting in it? No, you don't remember? Yea that was because the thread was dead because no one cared to talk exclusively about Halo 4 unless a thread split demanded it.

So what I am trying to say is, this thread would be dead without the haters. We hate because we care, I want Halo to be good again, but I am a jaded asshole, so it's hard to slrp hardcore and stay positive after every dumb and clueless decision by 343.

Overdoziz

Banned
Few things I noticed while watching 343's stream:

-Whenever someone dies on Vertigo something appears to be floating above their bodies. Looks like a Light Rifle or something.
-Bravo's voice has gone to shit.
-Sniper appears to spawn at the top of the sniper tower on The Pit.

daedalius

Did wahrer edit his post after daed said that, or did daed say that after wahrer did?

WE'LL NEVER KNOW!

I actually just copied it out of his post after I saw it, I found it pretty amusing.

You think I'd keep my snide remarks so simple? I'd have to write more than that. I am disappoint

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Lol, there's a guy who doesn't understand the concept of codes.

"Stop giving us used codes 343."

.-.

I always wonder if people like this on the Internet are, like, 6 years old, or just really, really, stupid.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
its where they lived when good halo games were being released

Bahaha nice

Make me sick.

Sorry, I feel you, I think it could work if properly implemented though. It makes aiming in battle a lot less predictable and makes traversing maps more fun (they just have to be designed so jet pack doesn't break them)

They literally just said "He's using Jetpack to completely disregard the verticality of the map and go anywhere he wants." .-.

(facepalm+smh)

I felt like it was hard for them to keep up with the speed of the game and give the amount of commentary they wanted to give, even when it was good commentary.

How about the PROTIPs? Like, "If you're playing online you're going to want to remember to pick up the flag any chance you get!"

they just have to be designed so jet pack doesn't break them

I've been told multiple times that was done for H4. It will never happen.

I use jetpack because it's stupidly broken. It's probably my fault that 343 thought it was a good idea. They had some metrics that were like "YoXwive uses dat shit all da' time, it mus' be a gud mechanic, ya'll."

Same with Juices and camo.

Ghazi

I have an idea that no one's ever thought of before, why don't they fucking make AA's limited in use. OMFG COMPLETELY MAKING IT FAIR

not, fuck AAs

Computer

Jet packs are fun for the people racking up cheap kills. Not fun for the people being killed. It breaks the whole purpose of having a map. It hasn't been balanced in the last two games it never will be unless you can't shoot while flying.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I've been told multiple times that was done for H4. It will never happen.

I use jetpack because it's stupidly broken. It's probably my fault that 343 thought it was a good idea. They had some metrics that were like "YoXwive uses dat shit all da' time, it mus' be a gud mechanic, ya'll."

Same with Juices and camo.

What is juices? Camo is ridiculous in 4. But why couldn't jetpacks work though? (have you --) They're so fun. I guess I'd rather have regular Halo, but jetpacks are by far my favorite addition if anything has to stay (I also loved Headhunter, where has it gone?)

Jet packs are fun for the people racking up cheap kills. Not fun for the people being killed. It breaks the whole purpose of having a map. It hasn't been balanced in the last two games it never will be unless you can't shoot while flying.

I'd be totally down with that, I'm not saying jetpack is perfectly balanced or anything, just that I dig it

DeadNames

Banned
What is juices? Camo is ridiculous in 4. But why couldn't jetpacks work though? (have you --) They're so fun. I guess I'd rather have regular Halo, but jetpacks are by far my favorite addition if anything has to stay (I also loved Headhunter, where has it gone?)

343 target audience.

Computer

I liked stock pile and VIP.

Ghazi

Either or i suppose

saidance.gif

ioG6m0hrgzzNG.gif

There we go

Booshka

Shadowrun has movement based bloom, when you are gliding (jetpacking) you have full bloom. Helps to balance the insane mobility conferred by having a Glider. Shadowrun also has Gust which can deactivate glider wings so players lose upward momentum. Vertical sensitivity is also an independent control setting to help compensate for all the vertical movement

FASA thought about these things.

Bungie/343 just threw it in because they thought it was dumb fun, both studios are wildly successful.

FASA was shut down by MS.

I hate everyone.

woodland

Shadowrun has movement based bloom, when you are gliding (jetpacking) you have full bloom. Helps to balance the insane mobility conferred by having a Glider. Shadowrun also has Gust which can deactivate glider wings so players lose upward momentum. Vertical sensitivity is also an independent control setting to help compensate for all the vertical movement

FASA was shut down by MS.

Why is MS so cruel

FyreWulff

I don't understand why they won't make the easy change of just making it a jump pack with a long cooldown. I remember all the talk that it wouldn't let you hover like Reach.. game comes out.. you can hover around with it just like in Reach.

If it MUST exist, I'd just fold it into the movement system and make it a hybrid jetpack/thrustpack. Press A to jump, press A to thrust in a short burst in the same direction you're currently moving.

Lateral thrust is quick double taps. Long jumps are A->(pause)->A. Jetpacking up to a ledge is coming to a complete stop, A-> topofjump -> A. The short of it: it's a double jump

You wouldn't be able to hover, and you wouldn't be able to change directions after jumping in a different direction.

edit: Personally what I'd do is make it a jump pack that's really loud, and the equivalent height to a crouch jump. This way, skilled players who can execute crouch jumps get rewarded by being able to get into a window quietly and without announcing their presence. You could choose to equip the jump pack and make those jumps easier, at the tradeoff of loudly announcing your presence.

Booshka

Why is MS so cruel

They are a business, they made a business decision, same with Ensemble. It sucks, but it is part of the industry.

They should have got FASA to make a Crimson Skies game for 360 instead of Shadowrun if they wanted them to do well. I am eternally grateful that Shadowrun was made, it's my favorite game ever, but it got shit treatment from MS and was way too ahead of its time on the wrong platform, OS, and price point for it to be successful.

Luke Smith told Mitch Gitelman, and Microsoft by proxy straight up that if the game wasn't at a 40 dollar price point it would fail.

Look what happened.

I don't understand why they won't make the easy change of just making it a jump pack with a long cooldown. I remember all the talk that it wouldn't let you hover like Reach.. game comes out.. you can hover around with it just like in Reach.

If it MUST exist, I'd just fold it into the movement system and make it a hybrid jetpack/thrustpack. Press A to jump, press A to thrust in a short burst in the same direction you're currently moving.

Lateral thrust is quick double taps. Long jumps are A->(pause)->A. Jetpacking up to a ledge is coming to a complete stop, A-> topofjump -> A. The short of it: it's a double jump

You wouldn't be able to hover, and you wouldn't be able to change directions after jumping in a different direction.

343 lies.

woodland

They are a business, they made a business decision, same with Ensemble. It sucks, but it is part of the industry.

Was more rhetorical than anything, I get they're a business and everything. Just everytime Shadowrun gets brought up I get sad at what could've been, especially with the Shadowrun Returns kickstarter fooling me everytime I see it.

wwm0nkey

Was more rhetorical than anything, I get they're a business and everything. Just everytime Shadowrun gets brought up I get sad at what could've been, especially with the Shadowrun Returns kickstarter fooling me everytime I see it.
Still pumped for Returns and just got the 5th edition pnp that just came out.

Hopefully one day we can see a return to the Shadowrun FPS with an actual story.

Striker

Debatable, Tashi? C'mon son. The SAW is free kills now, goes against everything a power weapon in Halo is, there is no risk to using,your enemy is fucked.
They keep having SAW's spawn in bases, or near them. It's easy defense for camo/PV users; I'm sure they just say to themselves, "Dang, this is OP... but it sure is fun!"

Turbo brought just as many problems as it fixed. The AR and SAW did not need buffs, good lord.
And increasing the turrets on the Warthog and Mantis. The BR and Carbine buffs seem really nice, but everything else just wasn't necessary. They didn't adjust the aim assist with the Beam Rifle, either, and the Boltshot, Incineration Cannon, and Binary Rifle are all still terribly too powerful. And for weapon spawns, they went ahead and put the FRG on maps.

Beam rifle has more aim assist then sniper right? Thought I always did better with the beam rifle no scoped, always miss sniper shots...

Few things I noticed while watching 343's stream:

-Whenever someone dies on Vertigo something appears to be floating above their bodies. Looks like a Light Rifle or something.
-Bravo's voice has gone to shit.
-Sniper appears to spawn at the top of the sniper tower on The Pit.

Probably for all the screaming he has to do, I would love to know how Bravo is finding working at 343, its frustrating for us but for him it must be tenfold knowing that he knows more than the others but has to follow the corporate chain of command.

Top Bottom