• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Does Bravo smoke cigars? might be due to halo 4 stress :p

I'm happy that his voice is still in the halo series, a lot of companies and devs would have changed it just because, but his voice is a big part of halo MP atmosphere to me.

I don't understand why they won't make the easy change of just making it a jump pack with a long cooldown. I remember all the talk that it wouldn't let you hover like Reach.. game comes out.. you can hover around with it just like in Reach.

If it MUST exist, I'd just fold it into the movement system and make it a hybrid jetpack/thrustpack. Press A to jump, press A to thrust in a short burst in the same direction you're currently moving.

Lateral thrust is quick double taps. Long jumps are A->(pause)->A. Jetpacking up to a ledge is coming to a complete stop, A-> topofjump -> A. The short of it: it's a double jump

You wouldn't be able to hover, and you wouldn't be able to change directions after jumping in a different direction.

edit: Personally what I'd do is make it a jump pack that's really loud, and the equivalent height to a crouch jump. This way, skilled players who can execute crouch jumps get rewarded by being able to get into a window quietly and without announcing their presence. You could choose to equip the jump pack and make those jumps easier, at the tradeoff of loudly announcing your presence.

'Jump Pack' would have worked better I agree, give it more thrust but less fuel per charge so you can get high in one full squirt, but not to the current max height of the jetpack right now which is as high as you want really as long as you jump first.

I can't believe Quinn keeps saying 'Classic Halo' and 'Equal'. No, it's not.

"Now, what we've done here is, umm, pretty cool, really. It's sort of a mix between two classic Halo maps - Lockout and Abandon. Wait, 'Abandon?' Did someone mess with the teleprom-"*ZAP* "FUCK MEEeee-I mean yeah, Abandon! It's the perfect mix of competitive and accessible, featuring a wide variety of dynamic setpieces and visceral terrain ideal for Camo, Jetpack and Promethean Vision."

"I couldn't agree more, Quinn!" *Bravo goes into a coughing fit from losing his voice*

"Jesus, man, are you okay? Do you want me to grab you some wa-"*ZAP* "MOUNTAIN DEW AND DORITOS, SPECIALLY MARKED PACKAGES OF MOUNTAIN DEW AND DORITOS TO HELP FUEL YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE"

Gui_PT

"Now, what we've done here is, umm, pretty cool, really. It's sort of a mix between two classic Halo maps - Lockout and Abandon. Wait, 'Abandon?' Did someone mess with the teleprom-"*ZAP* "FUCK MEEeee-I mean yeah, Abandon! It's the perfect mix of competitive and accessible, featuring a wide variety of dynamic setpieces and visceral terrain ideal for Camo, Jetpack and Promethean Vision."

"I couldn't agree more, Quinn!" *Bravo goes into a coughing fit from losing his voice*

"Jesus, man, are you okay? Do you want me to grab you some wa-"*ZAP* "MOUNTAIN DEW AND DORITOS, SPECIALLY MARKED PACKAGES OF MOUNTAIN DEW AND DORITOS TO HELP FUEL YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE"

Hypnotoad.gif

Nebula

Just realised something. Halo 3 free release gets moved from this month and then they announce The Pit for Halo 4. I truly believe someone at MS or 343i is holding Halo 3 up so they pick up more sales for this DLC, because someone there saw that people like Halo 3.

Fotos

Just realised something. Halo 3 free release gets moved from this month and then they announce The Pit for Halo 4. I truly believe someone at MS or 343i is holding Halo 3 up so they pick up more sales for this DLC, because someone there saw that people like Halo 3.

Halo 3 was never said to be released this month and i'm pretty sure they have been developing Pitfall for more than a month.

Going to be exciting playing pitfall in halo 4, however the experience will be sour because of pocket cloaking, jetpacks and too many power weapons 2 minutes into the battle :(

If the new ball mode plays as well as it looks i'll live in that playlist, did anyone here ever play DEATHBALL for unreal 2003/2004? best mod next to counter-strike that I ever played.

Just won a 2 v 3 legendary slayer on haven mostly due to 6 ROCKETS x 3 times, felt like I was god.

Only thing missing was noclip and flying mode.

Booshka

Money needs to be spread out more in a lot of tournaments, all or nothing is so old school.

Product of a lower profile competitive scene. If they spread the money around to top 6, then players would hardly get any money. If you don't have a lot of money to offer your competitors, I think its best to make the payouts top heavy for the Top 3. Especially now that there is more parity with quality teams deep into the Top 6 that can legitimately compete for Top 3.

Enfinit

So are killcams ever going to get fixed...? It's really aggravating to see how you died, only to be denied that curiousity by a player's ridicule that isn't even near your body.

Halo 4 is really boring to watch

WTF? Did you just watch this go to a 6th series and then with almost no time left on CTF Adrift Naded and Ninja went clutch and the 3rd flag cap from 2 all was literally sniped on the capture point? They had like 1 second to actually finish the cap.

That's boring to watch? Fuck you're hard to please mate. Triple's by Naded, Ninja with grenade stops and then a flag/snipe with a final second cap...oh my I don't know what you're watching! Even Ghost said he wasn't ever dreaming of such a series and Ghandi saying you can't write this sort of quality tournament finals.

Enfinit

WTF? Did you just watch this go to a 6th series and then with almost no time left on CTF Adrift Naded and Ninja went clutch and the 3rd flag cap from 2 all was literally sniped on the capture point? They had like 1 second to actually finish the cap.

That's boring to watch? Fuck you're hard to please mate. Triple's by Naded, Ninja with grenade stops and then a flag/snipe with a final second cap...oh my I don't know what you're watching! Even Ghost said he wasn't ever dreaming of such a series and Ghandi saying you can't write this sort of quality tournament finals.
slrpin'

Isn't as exciting to watch as Halo 3. AGL Grand Finals barely pull 7,000 views. Nadeshot pulls over 20,000 on his solo random CoD stream. Why's that? What's more exciting to watch?

slrpin'

Isn't as exciting to watch as Halo 3. AGL Grand Finals barely pull 7,000 views. Nadeshot pulls over 20,000 on his solo random CoD stream. Why's that? What's more exciting to watch?

Now I SLRP professional Halo tournaments? What a shit turn of phrase SLRPing is.

Anyhow a BR duel just went down with a crouch/strafe dodge to take a double and regain the lead in Extraction/Haven. That's high quality LAN gun play, classic movement with a BR and solo beast play against two enemies using mechanics like crouch dodging a headshot to pull the unexpected double. This is pure classic Halo with damned fine players. I do not understand how you can be pro classic Halo and not enjoy the quality on display right now.

*shakes head in disgust.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't watch either, but it's gotta be more exciting to watch than Halo. I guess that's why it pulls such ridiculous numbers.

Popularity != exciting. And personal opinions what is exciting.

CoD competive level is just Counter Strike settings with new weapons... I played that shit 9 years ago.

AGL settings Halo 4 is superb for Halo 4. I also prefer it much over Halo Reach tourneys

Ghazi

I don't know about Halo pros, but I know a bunch of CoD pros are whiney babies too which is why I don't understand why they get so many viewers.

How many viewers did UMG Halo get?

Hard to please? Halo 4 is boring to watch pretty simple. And of course they are going to try make it sound exciting. Im more of a Halo player than a Street Fighter player and the EVO streams were 10xs more exciting.

Look at the pathetic viewers counter, if anything that just proves me right.

Ghost is terrible at commentating too.

More people watch CoD because more people play CoD. Less people watch Halo because less people play Halo.

Want more people to watch Halo? Make a Halo that more people want to play.

Hard to please? Halo 4 is boring to watch pretty simple. And of course they are going to try make it sound exciting. Im more of a Halo player than a Street Fighter player and the EVO streams were 10xs more exciting.

Look at the pathetic viewers counter, if anything that just proves me right.

Ghost is terrible at commentating too.

I can understand not wanting to watch some game via streaming, I rarely watch any game stream. However when games are close like this and you have listen in as well as commentating I'm all for tuning in for 30 minutes or so.

I dislike COD but if you're so pro-COD perhaps visit those threads mate.

Also in terms of comments about population/views I say. Bridge. Jump. Follow. Good Luck To You.

I can understand not wanting to watch some game via streaming, I rarely watch any game stream. However when games are close like this and you have listen in as well as commentating I'm all for tuning in for 30 minutes or so.

I dislike COD but if you're so pro-COD perhaps visit those threads mate.

Also in terms of comments about population/views I say. Bridge. Jump. Follow. Good Luck To You.

Where in my posts did I even mention COD?

In terms of you're reading comprehension I say. Stop. Slrping. Start. Reading.

Where in my posts did I even mention COD?

In terms of you're reading comprehension I say. Stop. Slrping. Start. Reading.

My bad, apologises, that should have reference the other posters. That's what happens when the stream is engrossing and you're posting at the same time on another monitor :(

That 5 vs 4 CTF finish on Simplex, DAMN!. Ace & Dersky went nuts at the end, very enjoyable to watch!

daedalius

Well, I enjoyed watching it.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. But make sure to come here and bitch about it though.

49-49 between Requiem and... SQ I think? that was some good shit.

Top Bottom