• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Since this thread will never make it to 20,000:
BevYjWC.png

Gandhi seems like a pretty dumb person to be honest. I always liked Ghost ever since the H2 days when he joined Carbon. He has a decent brain on his shoulders and knows the game and series pretty well. Ghandi played off emotion and raw talent for the most part, his commentating and analysis is similar, which is entertaining in its own right, but gets old after awhile.

Bad Halo's need a Martyr, for competitive and casual, Ghost is that person for competitive Halo 4, because he tried the hardest to make it decent.

You're wrong about Gandhi. His personality may come across as such, but he knows the game inside and out. Probably one of the more knowledge people in competitive Halo with more experience than most.

And trust me, I'm usually the last person defending Gandhi because that dude has not changed one bit since 2001. He's still the same arrogant child.

Booshka

You're wrong about Gandhi. His personality may come across as such, but he knows the game inside and out. Probably one of the more knowledge people in competitive Halo with more experience than most.

And trust me, I'm usually the last person defending Gandhi because that dude has not changed one bit since 2001. He's still the same arrogant child.

He knows Halo no doubt, but overall he is pretty dumb. He can barely convey his opinions, and struggles to provide the insight that he most certainly has. Years of high level Halo experience for sure, he knows his shit, he just has a hard time getting it across to viewers.

I still enjoy watching him nonetheless, I like his enthusiasm and raw emotion, along with some spontaneous and somewhat dumb-witted opinions, but I can parse the general meaning he is trying to get at.

TheOddOne

The Ghost post just seems like a "Come and play guys, it's awesome, guys? anyone?" Which is to say, I kinda feel bad for the guy.

Though I should add, I didn't even read the post, I read the title and saw "faith" and "halo" in the same sentence and closed that window as fast as it was opened.
Man, we must be brothers or something because I did the exact same thing.

Every time I pop in the convo seems to focus around Wahrer or something totally random. Its probably more the thread split but Halo talk in HaloGaf really has just become more meta to the point where its kinda annoying to just try and drop in to catch up on things.

I preferred it when everyone moaned about Halo because at least then I knew it wasnt worth popping the disk in. :p

Gui_PT

Every time I pop in the convo seems to focus around Wahrer or something totally random. Its probably more the thread split but Halo talk in HaloGaf really has just become more meta to the point where its kinda annoying to just try and drop in to catch up on things.

I preferred it when everyone moaned about Halo because at least then I knew it wasnt worth popping the disk in. :p

I honestly think the number of people who still actually play the game is even lower now.

TCKaos

I think that anime nerd and I were the only ones to actually witness it live.

How'd you like the repeated explosion shit, lol?

At first I was "Oh, it probably got a little bit of air or something. Maybe a little higher than normal."

Then I saw it come crashing down from the heavens.

Also the explosion was probably all of the sub-projectiles detonating under the Warthog almost immediately after the initial one. You somehow managed to get all four projectiles under the hog, which detonated, and then all of the sub-projectiles that spawn off of them also collided with the Warthog, causing another detonation, which sent it flying. Probably.

Nebula

Man, we must be brothers or something because I did the exact same thing.

Faith being paired with Halo seems like an almost comical idea to me now. Well, it either makes me laugh or makes me slightly angry that anyone would suggest I put my faith in a Halo game ever again.

In other things and stuff, my friend who hadn't played Halo 4 since launch week played some BTB and turned it off after getting Meltdown 3 games in a row. I still believe that the Halo 3 veto system was 100 times
yes exactly 100 times, no exaggerating
better than the vote for 1 of 3 maps system. It gave us more variety and parties couldn't basically play exactly what they wanted, only skip a map/gametype they didn't like and hope to get lucky.

Fuchsdh

Faith being paired with Halo seems like an almost comical idea to me now. Well, it either makes me laugh or makes me slightly angry that anyone would suggest I put my faith in a Halo game ever again.

In other things and stuff, my friend who hadn't played Halo 4 since launch week played some BTB and turned it off after getting Meltdown 3 games in a row. I still believe that the Halo 3 veto system was 100 times
yes exactly 100 times, no exaggerating
better than the vote for 1 of 3 maps system. It gave us more variety and parties couldn't basically play exactly what they wanted, only skip a map/gametype they didn't like and hope to get lucky.

I think Dani pointed out some areas for improvement back in Reach's system. http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/none-of-the-above/

As it is Halo 4's system is slightly better than Reach because you don't have the constant metagame of voting for which item. You lock to your choice. But not having a "none of the above" fourth slot seems retrograde in my opinion.

Also the explosion was probably all of the sub-projectiles detonating under the Warthog almost immediately after the initial one. You somehow managed to get all four projectiles under the hog, which detonated, and then all of the sub-projectiles that spawn off of them also collided with the Warthog, causing another detonation, which sent it flying. Probably.

Probably...

Nebula

Whoever came up with the Mantis shouldn't be allowed near the vehicle sandbox again.

BRbRIAHCIAITc7N.jpg:large

I'm on this guys team and we do pretty well, and he compliments me. We get put on opposite teams, my team is so bad they leave banshee and mantis multiple times which the enemy get and proceed to crap on us with. I quit and get this.

People think they're the best when they get lucky in the team draw. I've not had any messages like this for months of BLOPS 2 either. Halo community is literally a cesspit. Public games at least anyway. I hope no one here buys Halo 5 after seeing what 343 brought us with Halo 4. If you really want the campaign then rent or wait for pre-owned to drop. Giving these guys your money just tells them you want the franchise to be shit on more.

^

Shit like this is why I never play Halo 4. I played it today. Never again. Might snap my disc or use it as a coaster. RAGE!

Whoever came up with the Mantis shouldn't be allowed near the vehicle sandbox again.

I'm on this guys team and we do pretty well, and he compliments me. We get put on opposite teams, my team is so bad they leave banshee and mantis multiple times which the enemy get and proceed to crap on us with. I quit and get this.

People think they're the best when they get lucky in the team draw. I've not had any messages like this for months of BLOPS 2 either. Halo community is literally a cesspit. Public games at least anyway. I hope no one here buys Halo 5 after seeing what 343 brought us with Halo 4. If you really want the campaign then rent or wait for pre-owned to drop. Giving these guys your money just tells them you want the franchise to be shit on more.

^

Shit like this is why I never play Halo 4. I played it today. Never again. Might snap my disc or use it as a coaster. RAGE!
It sucks dealing with these types of gamers that have little to no good sportsmanship.

You shouldn't blame a game industry over a bad game that resulted with the behavior of a 12 year old bad mouthing you either voice chat or pm.

I've heard and dealt worse with a player in BO1 than any other player from the Halo community. Just let it go. Play with good friends and go rape n dong some BKs =]

LD2k

Neo Member
Stream Numbers:
CoD: 18,000+
Halo 4: 1,500+
Twitch.tv integration in BO2 helps increase that number though.

Not arguing which is the more played, watched and streamed game, though. I can't wait for XB1's twitch integration.

CyReN

Twitch.tv integration in BO2 helps increase that number though.

Not arguing which is the more played, watched and streamed game, though. I can't wait for XB1's twitch integration.

You mean Youtube? I'm not aware of any twitch viewing.

and

qAqXTl6.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
It probably doesn't help that there are like 3 different threads and then an entirely separate forum

But no one here really plays Halo 4 so it's w/e

Madness

^

It's things like this why I'm worried about the new rep thing they are planning for the Xbox One. I haven't used mic since Halo 3 and have mute all. Plus I don't troll or grief, and yet I have negatives like disruptive communications, trash talking, unsporting conduct etc.

You shit on someone a match, they'll leave a bad rep. You play good bad rep.

Nebula

You mean Youtube? I'm not aware of any twitch viewing.

and

qAqXTl6.png

I'm glad stuff like this is happening. I want this franchise dead now. It's been butchered beyond belief and the only people trying to give us some usable options are modders. The way 343 have handled pretty much everything reeks of lack of knowledge of the game and lack of interest in the fan base it once had. Yes, we have seen some updates that made the game better overall but, just like Reach, it took way too long to implement them. I know Reach wasn't 343's fault but it is most definitely something they should have learned from.

They knew that they had to deliver with Halo 4 because the franchise was already hemorrhaging fans, and they made the stupid (and for some reason this type of thinking occurs throughout the damn industry) decision to COPY COD!

Taking on COD doesn't work and it hasn't for years. It is a behemoth that just needs to run out of fuel itself. Trying to siphon from its huge population normally ends up with both the COD population you managed to siphon, and the original fanbase your game had, fucking off because the next COD has come along and the original fanbase left because your game because it was too COD like.

TLDR: Make a Halo game next time you nitwits. Move COD from your thoughts when thinking of things to add or takeaway from Halo. Look back to previous Halo games for some idea of what millions of people enjoyed before you butchered it.

Nebula

Christ why didn't I have you ignored already?

Child. It's like you're trying to get a last word in an argument before running out the door with your fingers in your ears.

If you have yet to ignore me, and are waiting for a reply, I'll say this. I want it to die so someone else can revive it down the line. I may be 25 or even 30 when that happens, but hell I might get to enjoy it again, and maybe the next generation will get to see what Halo 1-3 was all about. I don't see how 343 can bring it back now. If they somehow manage to then I'll be happy to see that. What I've seen them do with Halo 4 tells me that just isn't going to happen.

Enfinit

So, is anyone other than Cyren and I watching the Halo 4 Global Championship implode on itself on Twitter? Some serious good drama going down!

So, is anyone other than Cyren and I watching the Halo 4 Global Championship implode on itself on Twitter? Some serious good drama going down!

Halo drama you say?

fuEKf.gif

EDIT: lol @ "I swear the first account qualified totally legit. I only cheated on this one to get to 100+ wins just for fun. TRUST ME GUYS! #AGL #TweettheStream #OurStreamLayoutIsAFuckingJokeAndSoAmI"

Guys, guys...just trust him. He was legit before he wasn't. Trust. Him.

belushy

Banned
lul at people making a big deal out of this. Don't blame him for 343's glitches. Plus it isn't like he wouldn't have been caught when 343 noticed all the DNFs anyway.

I'm glad stuff like this is happening. I want this franchise dead now. It's been butchered beyond belief and the only people trying to give us some usable options are modders. The way 343 have handled pretty much everything reeks of lack of knowledge of the game and lack of interest in the fan base it once had. Yes, we have seen some updates that made the game better overall but, just like Reach, it took way too long to implement them. I know Reach wasn't 343's fault but it is most definitely something they should have learned from.

They knew that they had to deliver with Halo 4 because the franchise was already hemorrhaging fans, and they made the stupid (and for some reason this type of thinking occurs throughout the damn industry) decision to COPY COD!

Taking on COD doesn't work and it hasn't for years. It is a behemoth that just needs to run out of fuel itself. Trying to siphon from its huge population normally ends up with both the COD population you managed to siphon, and the original fanbase your game had, fucking off because the next COD has come along and the original fanbase left because your game because it was too COD like.

TLDR: Make a Halo game next time you nitwits. Move COD from your thoughts when thinking of things to add or takeaway from Halo. Look back to previous Halo games for some idea of what millions of people enjoyed before you butchered it.
I understand your feelings about the direction that this game has taken and is possibly heading.

But being Cynical about it won't help anyone.

Take into account that people like Bravo wanted how Halo was meant to be but since he's been hired by 343 he's done so much that's possible to make THIS game better than when it was released...

So there's only good constructive feedback, high hopes, and taking actions like Domino Theory & Bravo to "Save Halo" in bringing back the golden ages of Halo. Trial and error. Its Business & Politics, Meng.

Believe in BigShow.

lul at people making a big deal out of this. Don't blame him for 343's glitches. Plus it isn't like he wouldn't have been caught when 343 noticed all the DNFs anyway.

The fact that he runs Halo tournaments has no part in it at all, right? Or that he's claiming the other was legit while "owning up" to this one? Or that he lied about it when confronted initially?

Guy sounds like a sleezeball to me.

daedalius

So I got the Play Arts Kai MC figure. Looks pretty solid, built well, lots of articulation.

Will be on my desk with all of my other shit my wife doesn't want me to have on my desk for a long time.

Top Bottom