• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
dang, was hoping for a better look at some of the new maps in the gamespot vid. suppose i can wait till 3 :(

Sai

Gives me hope that they'll add more REQ weapon variants to Forge later down the road. I honestly don't expect to see everything, but... Classic BR, M6D Pistol, gotta have those at least!

Looking forward to the stream this evening.

TCKaos

Your last couple posts have been warzone complaints. Time to try arena?

Yeah. I mean, I really want to like the atmosphere of Warzone, but it's like every other game something happens that just infuriates me.

I'd hop in arena, but with every playlist being ranked there's no real way to just chill out and play a few matches.

Y'know what'd be cool? A ranked/social split.

Yeah. I mean, I really want to like the atmosphere of Warzone, but it's like every other game something happens that just infuriates me.

I'd hop in arena, but with every playlist being ranked there's no real way to just chill out and play a few matches.

Y'know what'd be cool? A ranked/social split.

Next week breh

JackHerer

I hope all levels of REQ for the weapons will be available in Forge.

I also want some of those legendaries back in Slayer. I loved how it was in the beta on truth. What was sicknessssss.

Of course, balancing it would be the hard part since they are pretty OP. :p

Doesn't Vorpal Talon have a unique model as well? Could've sworn it was a bit different geometry wise in addition to glowing orange. I think that one could be nice in customs, it's like a regular sword mostly but gives an extra thrust charge. Not as OP as Prophets Bane would be.

I agree it would be really nice to see some of the unique variants outside of Warzone. Could provide some interesting variety.

Doesn't Vorpal Talon have a unique model as well? Could've sworn it was a bit different geometry wise in addition to glowing orange. I think that one could be nice in customs, it's like a regular sword mostly but gives an extra thrust charge. Not as OP as Prophets Bane would be.

I agree it would be really nice to see some of the unique variants outside of Warzone. Could provide some interesting variety.

Right, so instead of just how the map plays of something positive, it would be me saying.

"Ah shit, its the Rig and this week the power weapon is AD VICTORIUM. Who dying toniiiiighht" *while shimmying across the floor ending with a spin

or

"Ah man, its regret where the power weapon is talon of the lost" as i feel sad and blue

orrrrrr

"oh yeah! its truth and the power weapon is heart seeker." and i have no reaction across my face.

Looking at the reqs for power weapons we only have 3 mythic.. i swear i thought there were more.

I wonder if you could make a 1-flag match where every cap changes the layout, like parts of a building explodng and dropping away making each next cap harder to get past the enemy team.

I wonder if you could make a 1-flag match where every cap changes the layout, like parts of a building explodng and dropping away making each next cap harder to get past the enemy team.

seems like the scripting is basically switches right?

as long as one had something with scores. Like When score = 1 do this.

But it might be limited to things like when "thing is activated/tocuhed" do this.

guess we'll find out

jbug617

Banned
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-weekend-playlist-12-10

This weekend, we’re introducing a new twist on the Breakout game type that we’ve been playtesting and toying around with here at the studio, currently referred to as Arena Breakout. The mode takes Breakout rules, and then merges them with Arena settings on Arena maps, which will feature custom weapon placement for this game type. The result is a fast-paced game of Elimination featuring a Neutral Flag, complete with Breakout player count display and audio, on the maps you’ve come to master since launch.

We’d love to get your feedback on the game type, as well as specific preferred settings, power weapon placement, and favorite maps, so we’re throwing it into matchmaking this weekend, and adding in some increased XP. The playlist will go live this afternoon, and be available through the weekend.

tootsi666

So Halo version of Breakout instead of the monstrosity we have now. Maybe it's good but it could be horrible because Elimination modes are so different.

JackHerer

This is a great idea and I really hope stuff like this is possible. very excited for Forge this time around. I tried my hand at creating a map in 4 but never got past the initial stages of laying out the map. I think I will give it another go because the refined controls and the freedom it seems to bring make building a map sound pretty fun.

E92 M3

Trials of Osiris for Halo is coming?

Kappa+ross+20+minutes+into+painting+and+chill+and+he_8db7a0_5730677.png

This is a great idea and I really hope stuff like this is possible. very excited for Forge this time around. I tried my hand at creating a map in 4 but never got past the initial stages of laying out the map. I think I will give it another go because the refined controls and the freedom it seems to bring make building a map sound pretty fun.

If scripting allows events to trigger on captures or goal scores (place item into area) then I am going to have a field day with some ideas in my head.

The biggest thing me and a friend made was a bomb run where you started on the shore and had to storm a giant cruiser boat with interior and shit, was on the reach engine but the nature of forge is that you need friends to play it or it's never used :(

Cool I guess...

But I long for the day when we get a playlist where killing people isn't the primary objective.

thats what makes it so much more frustrating.

they obviously are open to experimenting with their current gametypes. taken just at face value, i LOVE they are trying this this weekend. The more weird ideas the better.

then they obviously know how much the community loves to experiment with gametypes as well, look at the new forge.

so......WHY ARENT THEIR MORE GAMETYPES WE CAN MESS WITH

thats what makes it so much more frustrating.

they obviously are open to experimenting with their current gametypes. taken just at face value, i LOVE they are trying this this weekend. The more weird ideas the better.

then they obviously know how much the community loves to experiment with gametypes as well, look at the new forge.

so......WHY ARENT THEIR MORE GAMETYPES WE CAN MESS WITH

Agreed on all fronts. Pumped for this cool new idea... but also gimmie dem standard gametypes! I'm in desperate need for assault and oddball.

HEY HALO GAF!!!

YOU GOT YOUR BUBBLES READY!?!?

CAUSE IM GONNA BURST THEM!!!!

Hey everyone! We've been playtesting this a bunch this week, and we think it's pretty fun - full shields, normal damage, and custom weapon layouts, with Breakout UI and audio. The final moments get pretty intense and we hope you enjoy it, too.

On that topic, we know many (all) of you are looking forward to new modes, and these are coming, but the work here takes a bit more time. But you should rest assured knowing that work is underway, and that we've been keeping a constant eye on your feedback on which modes are your favorite, etc.

Also related, it is stated in this blog, but also wanted to iterate that the weekend playlist poll will be taking a few weeks off through the holiday so that we can A) rotate in a long-term social playlist and B) continue to build new stuff for you to play with. (We'd also like to rotate additional new stuff into said social playlist).

See you on the stream today at 3PM PT! Excited to show off some new stuff. SPNKrs, Noctus, Overgrowth, and new controls stuff, and lots of stuff I'm forgetting.

bummer.

Strider

HEY HALO GAF!!!

YOU GOT YOUR BUBBLES READY!?!?

CAUSE IM GONNA BURST THEM!!!!.

Eh? People were hoping for the best but I don't think anyone here realistically expected the new (old) game types in this update.

January hopefully tho and at least we know for sure they are working on them.

Eh? People were hoping for the best but I don't think anyone here realistically expected the new (old) game types in this update.

January hopefully tho and at least we know for sure they are working on them.

i know a lot of people like me didnt have high expectations but figured it would launch forge with like.........one new gametype

Strider

Ok then.

But there's more than just making a game type and throwing them in.

They need announcer audio, game type specific medals, etc.

Then they'll probably play test the new modes on all the maps to find what works best. That stuff is not happening in such a small time frame especially when they were putting the final touches on features like BTB and forge.

Plus ya know. They already told us everything coming in the update. They aren't just gonna go "oh yea surprise! Game types!" ... They are gonna make a big deal out of it when they do come.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yea I bought an Elite controller and it's supposed to be here tomorrow. Pretty excited about it...

People reported issues with the hair triggers at first though if i remember correctly. Guns like the Plasma Pistol and Caster won't charge up until you go and change some setting? I'll have to look that up I guess...

On my elite, you can charge up weapons with hair triggers enabled, but you have to hold down really hard. At first I had trouble doing it without shooting at least once without charging, but you get used to the pressure change.

i know a lot of people like me didnt have high expectations but figured it would launch forge with like.........one new gametype

It's honestly mind blowing... How many years has this been in development... how was it not part of the plan to launch with the gametypes that all the previous Halos have? Including 343i's last one!

Damn, i appreciate that they're "working on it" but more and more this makes me feel like the whole Warzone/Req thing took so much of their time that it severely cut into the dev time of the standard Arena maps and modes.

Bummer indeed.

link1201

It's honestly mind blowing... How many years has this been in development... how was it not part of the plan to launch with the gametypes that all the previous Halos have? Including 343i's last one!

Damn, i appreciate that they're "working on it" but more and more this makes me feel like the whole Warzone/Req thing took so much of their time that it severely cut into the dev time of the standard Arena maps and modes.

Bummer indeed.
It does kinda feel that way. I am glad that they are adding more stuff though and not just saying "here ya go have fun with WZ".

Would people complain if they repurpose Warzone maps to BTB maps?

Maybe... they might be able to section them into objectively asymmetrical and interesting maps? As they are they're far too large and have way too much open spaces to work well in normal BTB regardless of gametype (save for maybe rocket hogs... god theres another fun one)

I like breakout but not when it's part of team arena, which in turns stops me playing team arena which is like the only way to play objective games :/

A new arena breakout mode sounds fun but it's not fixing team arena any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom