• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
snip

we've been keeping a constant eye on your feedback on which modes are your favorite, etc.

snip

eye-o-sauron-03.jpg

Watching.. waiting...

JackHerer

I'd be happy to see BTB versions of the Warzone maps. Even A.R.C. could be used by initially spawning opposing teams at each armory (dynamic spawns after) and just cutting off most of the area between the armory and the core base. Place one of the power weapons in the back area where Warden spawns to encourage map movement. This would work for slayer at least.

Could also play well for one sided gametypes with defending/attack a garage objective but that might be better served as being new a Warzone assault gametypes (Warzone assault one bomb and one flag). Both would be nice.

Leyasu

Banned
i'm not sure how well they'd work, but i'd be ok with building maps from the core warzone map assets at the very least.

They could easily work with some tweaking and building placement. This will be a great addition to warzone and could also be a great addition to BTB.. Getting New Mombasa vibes here

QrLK0hA.jpg

@ link1201 thanks for the picture

Man, i hope they tease Firefight.. like at the end of the stream..

hey guys, there's one more thing.. *fade to black

Hear buck VO then vale, tanaka, locke... gameplay of them holding a defensive location versus waves of Covie. cuts into epic moments where a boss is dropped off. when a legendary mythic weapon drops off dead boss. camera zooms out and the words start to appear...

Halo 5: .... FIREFIGHT

/Halogafmelt?

One more thing

Fade to black

Epic dubstep

Naked anime girls made from BRs and Beam Rifles Flashing on screen

More epic dubstep

*Ohhh, ahhh, Orgasm sounds*

'We're happy to announce fileshare,exclusive for XB1'

Rated M for mature.

One more thing

Fade to black

Epic dubstep

Naked anime girls made from BRs and Beam Rifles Flashing on screen

More epic dubstep

*Ohhh, ahhh, Orgasm sounds*

'We're happy to announce fileshare,exclusive for XB1'

Rated M for mature.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

now i think i know why people
blame
you
for the last halogaf thread closer

but that had me cracking up LOL

edit:

Same! See, you have a few absolutely beautiful maps like this in H5 that just make the Forge built ones (hell, and some of the other dev ones.. cough Rig, cough...) look like junk. Great looking map!

Wait til everyone complains how UNSC it looks :(

BraXzy

HEY HALO GAF!!!

YOU GOT YOUR BUBBLES READY!?!?

CAUSE IM GONNA BURST THEM!!!!

bummer.

That's really frustrating...

How was one of the first things done in Multi development not the creation of gametypes, or at least the groundwork? All of the core gametypes are what makes Halo complete.

BraXzy

They could easily work with some tweaking and building placement. This will be a great addition to warzone and could also be a great addition to BTB.. Getting New Mombasa vibes here

QrLK0hA.jpg

@ link1201 thanks for the picture

I could entirely picture myself playing Firefight on this map. I would take Firefight + Firefight Forge Mode over Warzone any day :3

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
revive for breakout would be cool (maybe).

we better get the breakout forge canvas. i suppose there is no reason to think we wont, but i dont think i've seen it confirmed or even listed with the announced forge canvases

Leyasu

Banned
Man, i hope they tease Firefight.. like at the end of the stream..

hey guys, there's one more thing.. *fade to black

Hear buck VO then vale, tanaka, locke... gameplay of them holding a defensive location versus waves of Covie. cuts into epic moments where a boss is dropped off. when a legendary mythic weapon drops off dead boss. camera zooms out and the words start to appear...

Halo 5: .... FIREFIGHT

/Halogafmelt?

I think that the PvE MODES (yep plural) will be getting announced at E3.

A spin-off (full destiny rip-off) Halo needs to come in between the mainline games as well imo. Hub world being set on New Reach (lol so original), four player fire team campaign with full weapon and armour variants. Your mission: Stopping the advance in various systems of covenant, forerunners, brutes and ofcourse the flood.

Strikes on flood hives, forerunner installations, covenant and brute settlements/worlds.

Raids, firefight and ofcourse a larger req system. I'll call this fantasy Halo Worlds (not great I know, but straight off of the top of my head!)

My gold ran out so I had to use the 14 day trial you get with Halo 5, which is fine... but all the playlists say that someone in my group is not permitted to play multiplayer when i'm not in a party and it's only me logged in.

link1201

My gold ran out so I had to use the 14 day trial you get with Halo 5, which is fine... but all the playlists say that someone in my group is not permitted to play multiplayer when i'm not in a party and it's only me logged in.
May have to hard reset. I had a similar issue awhile back and that cleared it.

ok got it sorted out, as always a console reboot was in order.

5-0 on truth first go lol, all sword kills. Breakout rules works a lot better with full shields and not the half-swat setup.

Trup1aya

Warzone Assault is the best warm-up game type there is. Helps a lot getting adjusted to playing again.

FTFY

That's really frustrating...

How was one of the first things done in Multi development not the creation of gametypes, or at least the groundwork? All of the core gametypes are what makes Halo complete.

It makes no sense at all. Seems like they had no plans for other gametypes until people started complaining...
You'd think that oddball or KoTH would be fairly easy to implement quickly...

Ok then.

But there's more than just making a game type and throwing them in.

They need announcer audio, game type specific medals, etc.

Then they'll probably play test the new modes on all the maps to find what works best. That stuff is not happening in such a small time frame especially when they were putting the final touches on features like BTB and forge.

Plus ya know. They already told us everything coming in the update. They aren't just gonna go "oh yea surprise! Game types!" ... They are gonna make a big deal out of it when they do come.

Of all the half-assed things we've gotten already, I think I'd be pretty satisfied with a half-assed Oddball.

Just borrow audio from H4, and skip the medals altogether... Patch that extra shit in later. Call it Oddball Beta. I just want to break the monotony.

I can't believe they'd be starting from scratch at this point though.

1 on 1 and I have a shotgun, walking to stay off the motion tracker.

"uuuh you know you have to crouch to stay off radar right" someone says, so I just stand there looking left and right to say no because walking does hide you from the motion tracker.

we won anyway but still it annoys me when people talk like that. PROTIP: you know when you are showing if the middle of your radar shows a white arrow, it dissapears when you are not showing, and it only takes one axis into account so you can jump and not be on the radar.

also the flag seems too easy to cap on arena maps, people just bullet sponge their way in and cap it, empire I just had someone run in and cap it while two guys were shooting at him lol, dunno how he did it but once you get into that window it's over.

As someone who dislikes regular Breakout, Arena Breakout is my jam! Replace Breakout in Team Arena with Breakout Arena and it'll be the best playlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom