• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they've heard the call and are helping their teams in any way they can... lack of modes and Arena maps has really killed interest for me (and others i'm sure). Bones are there... just needs the meat.

Also - Am i the only one who absolutely hates Warzone?! lol i feel like everyone's obsessed with this thing and i just can't stand it for 5 seconds.

I like to play warzone so i can get a guaranteed 1300 RP if i win or lose. Mainly play assualt since games can be over within 6 mintues. I dabble in regular warzone time to time just to use my legendary cards and see how that gun plays. So i don't hate it. I enjoy it for what it is. Pure chaos.

I mostly like BTB and Arena. Love me those tight corridors... hehe

Glass

Also - Am i the only one who absolutely hates Warzone?! lol i feel like everyone's obsessed with this thing and i just can't stand it for 5 seconds.

I'm sure you're not, it's pretty different. Like if 343 had pitched it just on paper to fans ahead of time, I'm sure there'd have been a huge kick back. They definitely intentionally slowly revealed the different aspects of it over time to get people on board to avoid knee jerk 'THIS DOESNT BELONG IN HALO' reactions. Some might see the levelling and card's as weird excess fat on a mode but I really enjoy it, it's crazy Halo has a mode with levelling progression and loot, and not only that but it works.

Arena, BTB and Warzone all have a really distinct feel to them, I love that there's this almost tangible difference to them, so if I'm not feeling one mode, chances are I could probably move onto one of the others. It's just a shame the arena and BTB side of things only have the super competitive game types, but the feedback has been pretty unanimous so I expect it to be rectified soon.

Edit: This arrived today, going to read through it whilst waiting for the stream later. Going to be a good Friday night!

KFtFHXh.jpg

Vico

I didn't think I would, but yeah I love Warzone. I still wish BTB had been there day one too, and with developer-made maps, but even now, I'm still having a lot of fun in Warzone. Needs more maps, though, and one won't be enough.

By the way, since I'm posting, I hope 343 ups the weighting of the new maps for a while. I don't want to find myself in the Headlong situation, that I've only played three times since BTB's launch, compared to the three other.

I like to play warzone so i can get a guaranteed 1300 RP if i win or lose. Mainly play assualt since games can be over within 6 mintues. I dabble in regular warzone time to time just to use my legendary cards and see how that gun plays. So i don't hate it. I enjoy it for what it is. Pure chaos.

I mostly like BTB and Arena. Love me those tight corridors... hehe

I guess If I didn't feel it robbed me of more arena maps and modes etc. (in terms of teams working on and prioritizing them based on the Req4cash plan) I might be more acceptable of them... i mean hey, everyone likes different stuff. I just wish I could have had my Halo 5 sans Warzone and Req cards and 7-8 more maps and all the modes right at launch with Forge.

But yeah... Arena and BTB are the best.... also loving me Breakout... but i need to find another group :(

343 artists and modelers really did a good job working together to get the armor translated. Feels authentic

Yeah the Halo 5 art direction is superb. Some really great concept pieces too!

I guess If I didn't feel it robbed me of more arena maps and modes etc. (in terms of teams working on and prioritizing them based on the Req4cash plan) I might be more acceptable of them... i mean hey, everyone likes different stuff. I just wish I could have had my Halo 5 sans Warzone and Req cards and 7-8 more maps and all the modes right at launch with Forge.

Pretty much why i like warzone. I can only take so much slayer.

Trup1aya

I got to play a couple Arena matches today, and I must say functionally, I think all of the Non forge maps are pretty damn good. Aesthetics are the only problem I have with any of them. It's hard to get a grasp of the callouts because everything looks similar.

Why does everyone hate the rig?

Ramirez

But yeah... Arena and BTB are the best.... also loving me Breakout... but i need to find another group :(

Yeah the Halo 5 art direction is superb. Some really great concept pieces too!

7-8 more maps?? LOL

Without WZ and REQs we'd be paying for those 7-8 maps post launch, and it'd be a waste of money because not enough would buy them.

^ I like The Rig, but right now it plays very badly in Slayer because there's basically no reason to go to the outside power weapon. The map needs rockets to break up people camping the BR area, IMO. The Plasma Caster is not a power weapon, it's basically in the Hydra tier. Situationally good at times, but when I think power weapon, I think basically free kills unless you fuck up.

7-8 more maps?? LOL

Without WZ and REQs we'd be paying for those 7-8 maps post launch, and it'd be a waste of money because not enough would buy them.

I'd pay, no problem. Hell, people would be buying just as many "Req" cards if they were only visual and applicable to Arena play and Warzone wasn't ever a thing. There's more than enough visual "stuff" and there could be even more weapon skins and armor varients. We could have still had a more map, more mode, free map DLC Halo 5 utilizing visual, areana-only reqs4cash.

7-8 more maps?? LOL

^ I like The Rig, but right now it plays very badly in Slayer because there's basically no reason to go to the outside power weapon. The map needs rockets to break up people camping the BR area, IMO. The Plasma Caster is not a power weapon, it's basically in the Hydra tier. Situationally good at times, but when I think power weapon, I think basically free kills unless you fuck up.

agreed on all counts. I love that outside area, too. So many ways to play with your mobility.

Ramirez

I'd pay, no problem. Hell, people would be buying just as many "Req" cards if they were only visual and applicable to Arena play and Warzone wasn't ever a thing. There's more than enough visual "stuff" and there could be even more weapon skins and armor varients. We could have still had a more map, more mode, free map DLC Halo 5 utilizing visual, areana-only reqs4cash.

You're in the minority, no one wants to pay for map packs anymore. You wanna ditch WZ, when I'd like to ditch Breakout, we can't have everything we want in life.

Sauce pls

Glass

Wow there's a chroma key piece done with Machinima makers in mind, thats awesome.

You can choose the wind direction, so clouds move different directions, and change which way fire blows.

link1201

You're in the minority, no one wants to pay for map packs anymore...
Especially when you never see them in mm. I am ok with this system. I just wish BTB didn't have to take a backseat. These btb ctf games have been a blast. I hope the map count continues to grow. I hope one day for a dev created map or two but I'm not holding my breathe on that.

Vico

Watching the video now. You can put an earthquake filter on the map, making the screen shake. Neat. Wonder if you can time the filters to appear at certain moment through scripting.
Filters combined with the three time of day settings will make everything look different. Good stuff.

Trup1aya

Textured pieces spotted!

v0DrJch.png

Guess we're getting some of those possible texture packs Nokyard mentioned at launch :D

SPNKr is a weapon of its own, distinct from the regular RL. Don't think it counts as a REQ item like, say, a Tundra Mantis would.

What do you mean? There are tons of weapons, weapon variants and vehicles that are currently exclusive to Warzone. The SPNKr was thought to be one of them.

What do you mean? There are tons of weapons, weapon variants and vehicles that are currently exclusive to Warzone. The SPNKr was thought to be one of them.

The SPNKr is its own weapon, as evidenced by it having variants of its own. All of the weapons (that I know of) that are Warzone exclusive are variants on base weapons; e.g. Sword is in, Prophet's Bane is not. I don't think there's any base weapon or vehicle types that aren't in customs, are there?

BraXzy

HOPEFULLY ... when they mention playlist, it also includes the gametypes we are all wanting..

Probably not because of the last sentence :( ....

If they don't add in the missing gametype with the update Forge is going to be so stunted for its initial life.. Of course Slayer and BTB maps will be creatable, and people can tinker and test possible map ideas for other stuff, but half of Forge and community stuff has always been your crazy infections and race maps and grifball etc.

I'm not making any assumptions till the livestreams finishes tonight. It'll be on in 8 hours ish right?

You're in the minority, no one wants to pay for map packs anymore. You wanna ditch WZ, when I'd like to ditch Breakout, we can't have everything we want in life.

Agreed! Everyone's got their different likes... things they enjoy or dislike with H5. I find it pretty polarizing so far esp. among those who have been playing from CE... compare them to recent Halo-Reach-and-forward players and it's night and day for the most part.

Sauce pls

What?

Trup1aya

The SPNKr is its own weapon, as evidenced by it having variants of its own. All of the weapons (that I know of) that are Warzone exclusive are variants on base weapons; e.g. Sword is in, Prophet's Bane is not. I don't think there's any base weapon or vehicle types that aren't in customs, are there?

I see. well, I don't really know how 343 will make these distinctions. At one point they were saying that classic weapons would come as Legendary variants. Now, as you've noted, some of them will be coming as base variants.

Unlike other variants, the prophets bane has its own model, and was a pick up in arena during the beta.

So really, their messaging has been inconsistent, so who knows what to expect.

It was discussed, I think everyone's agreed that a Forge OT should happen. No one has claimed it though.

He means, are you doing other than speculation, which you're not :L

Of course it's speculation. The fuck is "sauce" though? God i'm getting too old for all these hipsters lol. (No offense if any of you are)

Haruko

Watching the video now. You can put an earthquake filter on the map, making the screen shake. Neat. Wonder if you can time the filters to appear at certain moment through scripting.
Filters combined with the three time of day settings will make everything look different. Good stuff.

WATERWORKS REMAKE WITH FALLING STALACTITES CONFIRMED?

I see. well, I don't really know how 343 will make these distinctions. At one point they were saying that classic weapons would come as Legendary variants. Now, as you've noted, some of them will be coming as base variants.

Unlike other variants, the prophets bane has its own model, and was a pick up in arena during the beta.

So really, their messaging has been inconsistent, so who knows what to expect.

Honestly, I just go by the sorting system. If you want to spawn a Prophet's Bane, you go to the Sword, and then select it from there. Ditto Nornfang. Since none of the other unique model variants have variants of their own, I'm assuming that SPNKr is it's own gun.

Of course it's speculation. The fuck is "sauce" though? God i'm getting too old for all these hipsters lol. (No offense if any of you are)

Just means source :p

Strider

It was discussed, I think everyone's agreed that a Forge OT should happen. No one has claimed it though.

Well I hope someone volunteers to make it. I don't use forge much but I'd like to follow what other people are working on... I know some people will post their stuff here but I'm sure people would post more consistent updates in an actual forge OT.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
if spnkr is a base weapon now, will it and the new rocket launcher have the same characteristics? seems odd if so. perhaps they could have spnkr mimic the old school rocket launcher and tweak the new one into something slightly different?

if spnkr is a base weapon now, will it and the new rocket launcher have the same characteristics? seems odd if so. perhaps they could have spnkr mimic the old school rocket launcher and tweak the new one into something slightly different?

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Might be seeing changes for NuRL going forward, or it could be that they make some alterations to the SPNKr. Like higher fire rate with lower damage/longer reload or something.

The real news here is that the classic RL in forge basically confirms the classic BR will be in forge too

Not really, since Classic BR seems to be a loadout variation on regular BR.

lol for fucks sake i had NO idea... haha i was scratching my head like, "...sauce... SAUCE? I've never heard about this damn sauce!". Yeah all speculation on my part of course... i apologize i thought it was obvious with the hypothetical nature of the post.

S'all good, it read a little more like an "OBVIOUSLY this is true, rah rah rah" sort of post, sorry for leaping to conclusions :p

Trup1aya

Honestly, I just go by the sorting system. If you want to spawn a Prophet's Bane, you go to the Sword, and then select it from there. Ditto Nornfang. Since none of the other unique model variants have variants of their own, I'm assuming that SPNKr is it's own gun.

Just means source :p

Sounds like a logical assumption to make.

But ofcourse the SPNKr and its variants could be sorted under Rocket Launchers, along with the halo 5 RL.

Sounds like a logical assumption to make.

But ofcourse the SPNKr and its variants could be sorted under Rocket Launchers, along with the halo 5 RL.

It could, but considering that it's spawnable in Forge I'm guessing it's probably not :p

Plus, again, none of the other unique models (which is... really just prophet's bane at this point, now that I think about it) have their own variants.

I hope all levels of REQ for the weapons will be available in Forge.

I also want some of those legendaries back in Slayer. I loved how it was in the beta on truth. What was sicknessssss.

Of course, balancing it would be the hard part since they are pretty OP. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom