• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcoro

Just needs to replace vanilla in Team Arena in my opinion it slots in so nicely there. I actually think 343 will do it too, they've been great about listening to feedback.

Replacing it with Arena Breakout would actually be perfect. I hope they do it!

Breakout is still awesome but it never really fit into that playlist.

Bessy67

I have yet to receive anything higher than rare in reqs :(

The only legendary items I have ever received were DMR and AR skins.
It's a long, tedious process but you're better off buying bronze packs at first to get the common stuff out of the way. Once there are no more common cards the silver and gold packs are much better.

Nori Chan

It's a long, tedious process but you're better off buying bronze packs at first to get the common stuff out of the way. Once there are no more common cards the silver and gold packs are much better.

Oh, I've been buying bronze packs for a minute now. I just recently got into silver ones but, on God, I have gotten nothing but rares. WHICH MEANS MY WARZONE PACKS GET NOTTING BUT UNCOMMONS

Another thing about control customisation: the deadzone is by default not 0% because that would introduce drift for people with old/bad controllers. Allowing people with decent controllers to reduce it is just common sense, it's a hardware issue and has little to do with tuning controls in order to make them feel better.

Edit: Since I've finally managed to watch the stream I just want to say that Overgrowth looks awesome and reminds me of Ghost Town (which is a very good thing).

JackHerer

From Bungie's Lead Sandbox Engineer.

Very petty and rude. Indicative of the typical Bungie arrogance regarding players. Criticizing a dev for giving the fans what they asked for (in a timely manner no less) and providing more options in general. Maybe they should try it sometimes? Might earn them some good will. Get your own house in order before criticizing others.

This is coming from the dev that refuses to put basic audio options in its games.

Korosenai

Very petty and rude. Indicative of the typical Bungie arrogance regarding players. Criticizing a dev for giving the fans what they asked for (in a timely manner no less) and providing more options in general. Maybe they should try it sometimes? Might earn them some good will. Get your own house in order before criticizing others.

This is coming from the dev that refuses to put basic audio options in its games.

He's obviously helping us out though. We don't want to do it. We want them to do everything for us, because they know exactly what we want and need.

TCKaos

kek

to be fair, I can kinda sorta understand that slight percentage decision if it has to do with rounding off a very particular kill time or something.

My understanding is that they bungled the update and it's like a .04% increase, which didn't actually modify any of the kill times for any of the weapons to any significant degree. Like was said in the thread about the update, a weapon that was doing 12 damage per bullet (18 on crit) is still going to do 12 damage per bullet (18 on crit) with a .04% change.

But hey, I dropped Destiny a long time ago. Anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt but I'm fairly confident in my assumption.

Is the Daily Warzone pack better than the Daily Arena pack?

It includes some rare-ish REQ cards. Some people have gotten Prophet's Bane and Nornfang out of them, but I got some stuff I already had and an Equidna (EMP Hydra). Better than a normal pack, at least.

Strider

My understanding is that they bungled the update and it's like a .04% increase, which didn't actually modify any of the kill times for any of the weapons to any significant degree. Like was said in the thread about the update, a weapon that was doing 12 damage per bullet (18 on crit) is still going to do 12 damage per bullet (18 on crit) with a .04% change.

They also had patch notes posted 3 weeks early that displayed different and much more significant values than the actual patch...

E92 M3

To be fair Destiny is one of the best controlling FPS games I have ever played. Controls become natural. Halo 5 isn't as natural.

BraXzy

SCREW GRIEFERS!

God how is this still a thing.. Every round at the start of the match this shithead shot us all on our team to the point we'd be a one shot/made kill.. So frustrating.

BraXzy

Jeez, Upload Studio is so clunky now. I just want to add a pre-done intro thing like you used to be able to. Can't figure out how for the life of me. It wants to either have me do a voiceover or add a new clip?

Glass

I really hate how laggy the intro cutscene is for Escape From A.R.C. Gives me a headache.

Yeah there always seems to be an issue with the intro cutscenes, if it's not lagging its late in loading, or no sound etc, I guess because its all rendered in real time it's a good resource hog. Navigating the REQs themselves has gotten really laggy for me.

Yeah there always seems to be an issue with the intro cutscenes, if it's not lagging its late in loading, or no sound etc, I guess because its all rendered in real time it's a good resource hog. Navigating the REQs themselves has gotten really laggy for me.

Yeah navigating REQs is hell. So laggy. I wish it felt a little more fluid but I sort of understand

Madness

Some of you guys take way to much offense from someones opinion, regarding the tweet.

No kidding. I mean we want devs and individuals to share and give their opinions, but then dogpile if it's something we don't agree with. It's why devs have completely stopped posting at GAF and why they walk on eggshells on Twitter.

It'll create drama for no reason. 'Bungie dev calls out 343' etc.

TheOddOne

Some of you guys take way to much offense from someones opinion, regarding the tweet.
He used a public place to express his opinion. If he has any sense of how the internet interprets these things, he knows that people will probably disagree with his opinion. What he did is something that very few devs actually do, he challenged and put it out there. I’m fine with that and like to see more of it, but devs should also know that they’re not immune to criticism themselves and should not get some special protection because they expressed something controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom