• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently giving players more options is a bad thing. Explains a lot about why destiny is the way it is. I wish more games would let us take a deep dive into sensitivity options.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Apparently giving players more options is a bad thing. Explains a lot about why destiny is the way it is. I wish more games would let us take a deep dive into sensitivity options.

It can be if its a necessary step to get the game playable. That is not the case for halo 5 obviously, but I'd argue it was for project cars --- especially when using a pad.

Vico

Seems like matchmaking is down?

Edit: just saw others are talking about it in the last page, barely scrolled it earlier.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
To be fair Destiny is one of the best controlling FPS games I have ever played. Controls become natural. Halo 5 isn't as natural.

GGgk08I.png

op_ivy

yep, xbox live is down or at least is having problems, I wanted to play some multiplayer

god damn it, hurry up ms and fix this shit

Dnit, finally wrestled the TV away from the wife. Guess I play wolfenstien then.

pieface

Xbox site says...

Affected services:
Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing

It's not really just that is it Microsoft? :D

Fuchsdh

Here's a neat table my friend sent me:

All things considered the newer one has actually grown on me a fair bit, but I'd still like a smaller chin and longer brim.

They've always had the issue of not trusting their playerbase, though. Even as far back as Halo 2 and 3. At least modern 343 is listening to the playerbase and responding. It doesn't completely make up for shit like the MCC and the 14 Day Try and Play, but at least it's better than them holding you in a form of contempt.

I still love the H4 incarnation, because helmet-wise it's the closest we've ever come to the original. The pic is good at showing how the rest of the lines have completely changed depending on which game you're in. I still want my OG model back in an HD version that doesn't change the silhouette.

Tawpgun

Hahaha, because Destiny is such a tight shooter.

Umm..

It is?

The destiny gunplay and control are very good for what they are.

I largely prefer Halo's precision but Destiny plays like a dream.

Disagree on the dev's opinion though. You can always leave the tuning alone, but it is awesome that if you want to tune the controls to your liking you can do that.

Strange comments from that bungle dev - not really a necessary thing to post? reeks of #salt

I just posted the other day about having difficulty with halo 5's aiming - but lo & behold it has finally clicked, just as everyone said it might / would (I've been playing little else than TF on PC since 2012 anyway, so am gamepad rusty to begin with).

I still think it's nice that 343 is providing options for people though - it's directly addressing a community concern, and I can't see how that's anything but an amazing quality for a developer to exhibit.

Lol dude felt so strong about his auto aim he threw some shade at 343i?

Damn man. Says more about how you feel than the fanservice they provided by the community feedback. Lol

Goes with any company. If ur a part of it u represent it... unless stated while youre statement is given. Smh.

Cant wait to put the accelleration down to 2. Then mess with the deadzones a little

It would be like me giving my thoughts on some health care company. Lol

JackHerer

Bungie's primary method of solving input to intent issues is to have the game do everything for you. Aim-assist is off the charts on most guns. It's effortless to play but that's also part of why it's fun. You feel extremely powerful in PvE. Headshots almost every time without breaking a sweat. That's what feels good about it I guess.

It's a very different kind of game with different goals. Halo has a huge PvP focus with the intention of a large skill gap. PvP feels like an afterthought for Destiny and the primary skill in it is not aiming or teamwork but more about exploiting whatever weapon or ability is currently OP.

Bungie has no idea how to create a well balanced PvP. I wouldn't take any of their "pro tips" regarding anything relevant to that.

Tawpgun

Bungie's primary method of solving input to intent issues is to have the game do everything for you. Aim-assist is off the charts on most guns. It's effortless to play but that's also part of why it's fun. You feel extremely powerful in PvE. Headshots almost every time without breaking a sweat. That's what feels good about it I guess.

It's a very different kind of game with different goals. Halo has a huge PvP focus with the intention of a large skill gap. PvP feels like an afterthought for Destiny and the primary skill in it is not aiming or teamwork but more about exploiting whatever weapon or ability is currently OP.

Bungie has no idea how to create a well balanced PvP. I wouldn't take any of their "pro tips" regarding anything relevant to that.

Destiny PvP is pretty bad but I think the major reason why is the structure of the game. You want to be able to go in and use all your toys and abilities you use in PvE. But that just turns PvP into a clusterfuck. They can likely make pretty good PvP experience but it would require restricting weapons and abilities.

Madness

You guys are acting like he personally insulted your mothers or something. I bet the folks at 343 are less offended than you guys are.

Trup1aya

You guys are acting like he personally insulted your mothers or something. I bet the folks at 343 are less offended than you guys are.

You don't have to be offended to recognize that the person giving 'advice' to 343 on aiming is responsible for a game that does all of the aiming for you.

Such irony mixed with condescension is going to get this kind of reaction every time.

I think people are rightfully put off by it. Truth be told, people throw shit around for less than what this guy said, so I think it's pretty tamed comparatively lol

op_ivy

Arena breakout on regret is baaad. Put the flag bottom mid and cap points in base 2. Seems obvious.

Caja 117

You don't have to be offended to recognize that the person giving 'advice' to 343 on aiming is responsible for a game that does all of the aiming for you.

Such irony mixed with condescension is going to get this kind of reaction every time.
Bungie has always been about keeping their mechanic intact from the box, just making tweaks when they see something they dont like, is more been arrogant saying "how it is now is good, and we know better than you" so 343 setting a precedent on a game they used to work on to give the player the power to play around gameplay mechanics might not go well with their philosophy. And I just laughed on the comment that they would do the change instead of 343 solution, if this was Bungies Halo they wouldnt had changed the aiming at all.

Welfare

And I just laughed on the comment that they would do the change instead of 343 solution, if this was Bungies Halo they wouldnt had changed the aiming at all.

And the Bungie forums would be filled with nothing but "Adapt" and "git gud".

Remember Reach

Trup1aya

Arena breakout on regret is baaad. Put the flag bottom mid and cap points in base 2. Seems obvious.

This is true. But it's not so bad when you have a decent team. I just had a match where we lost 3 rounds because my team couldn't understand that they were rushing the flag, and throwing it into the capture point.

At higher levels of play, I don't think this would be an issue though.

Tawpgun

And the Bungie forums would be filled with nothing but "Adapt" and "git gud".

Remember Reach

Some people might disagree (Hi Fyrewulff) but the Title Update to Reach that reduced bloom was the best thing that happened to that game. Props to 343 for bringing that about.

100% bloom was some horrendous shit.

Welfare

Some people might disagree (Hi Fyrewulff) but the Title Update to Reach that reduced bloom was the best thing that happened to that game. Props to 343 for bringing that about.

100% bloom was some horrendous shit.

TU was soo good.

Too bad 343 didn't have the balls to implement the TU everywhere (with no bloom being in MLG). Reach MM became too clustered with the different ways to play it.

Caja 117

TU was soo good.

Too bad 343 didn't have the balls to implement the TU everywhere (with no bloom being in MLG). Reach MM became too clustered with the different ways to play it.
Because they wanted to please everyone and didnt want to Alienate a part of the population. I cant blame them because they didnt had the experience on the whole matchmaking management.

JackHerer

Destiny PvP is pretty bad but I think the major reason why is the structure of the game. You want to be able to go in and use all your toys and abilities you use in PvE. But that just turns PvP into a clusterfuck. They can likely make pretty good PvP experience but it would require restricting weapons and abilities.

Which they seemingly have no desire to do. Don't get me wrong I love Destiny, just not the PvP.

Arena Breakout is a pretty good Gametype (I might even say that it's better then Breakout), didn't perform as well right off the bat after coming from a solid week of playing Black Ops 3. But once I got in the groove of things again, it started clicking. But I have no idea why I placed Platinum, based upon my stats I don't think I should have been placed there. Maybe it's something to do with their updated Ranking system?

I personally think Arena Breakout should stay as a permanent mode. It's good and pretty damn competitive. Reminds me of the good old Warzone days in Gears of War.

Edit: It says I played 10 games, but I had to play 11 to qualify. The stats started messing up after each game. So I don't even think one of the matches completely counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom