• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching this teambeyond stream of 4v4 I wish my matches had low latency like this, they can kill each other with the AR while if I try that I have to use an entire clip and hope they die before I reload, and head shots that register on hit not half a second later... makes me so upset.

jem0208

Nah.

Quitting is more often than not a small act of protest against a garbage experience.

I threw a grenade under his feet and it did basically nothing, meanwhile I die from a grenade thrown 20 feet behind me? Garbage. Quit.

I spawn directly into the sights of an enemy? Nonsense. Quit.

I spawn across the map from my team and get 3-on-1ed by the enemy team I actually spawned closer to? Fuck you. Quit.

The list goes on.

This is not 2004 anymore. This is 2015. The days of players putting up with B-Tier nonsense in an experience THEY PAID FOR are over. There is no reason for a player to feel ANY obligation to be bent over by bad game design and execution.

The industry, the genre, the market have all evolved.

If 343i want to reduce quitting, the answer is simple. Make a more consistently enjoyable experience, free of B-tier bullshit.

Wow.

You're the worst kind of player if you're quitting for these reasons.

Nah.

Quitting is more often than not a small act of protest against a garbage experience.

I threw a grenade under his feet and it did basically nothing, meanwhile I die from a grenade thrown 20 feet behind me? Garbage. Quit.

I spawn across the map from my team and get 3-on-1ed by the enemy team I actually spawned closer to? Fuck you. Quit.

The list goes on.

This is not 2004 anymore. This is 2015. The days of players putting up with B-Tier nonsense in an experience THEY PAID FOR are over. There is no reason for a player to feel ANY obligation to be bent over by bad game design and execution.

If 343i want to reduce quitting, the answer is simple. Make a more consistently enjoyable experience, free of B-tier bullshit.

You are literally cancer.

Holy shit. This has to be a joke post.

Quitting in any of the situations you just mentioned is just awful. Go play a game of domination in cod and see how shit those spawns are.

Yeah but the difference is that you can quit out of an unenjoyable game in Call of Duty without punishment. Get a laggy game and you can leave. Get one where you repeatedly get donged on and you can leave. Get a game where you just repeatedly have bad luck and you can leave.

Can't do that without Halo without getting punished both in the game and by getting angry messages from people on your team. There is absolutely 100% no justifiable reason for me to be forced to sit in on a game where two people on my team quit out and the third is AFK. Yeah. That's fun. That'll encourage me to power through that adversity. Yup.

It's the main reason I haven't played Halo 5 since the week after it came out. 343 has done absolutely nothing to cater to the non-MLG/highly competitive crowd. If you want to relax and play a game without stressing out or trying your absolute best then Halo 5 is not for you.

I was hoping 343 would be adding some stuff for more social/relaxed play but thus far they haven't. Which is an incredible disappointment.

I just want to say I never quit matches unless I really have to do so, I bite my lip and finish all my matches even 2 v 4s or when I join a late warzone in landslide

I think my favorite thing is when people complain about a BS death in this thread. No one cares. And you're definitely not gonna win anyone over when you talk about how much you quit out of games.

Same thing goes for lag. It's literally the same people every time.

Yeah but the difference is that you can quit out of an unenjoyable game in Call of Duty without punishment. Get a laggy game and you can leave. Get one where you repeatedly get donged on and you can leave. Get a game where you just repeatedly have bad luck and you can leave.

Can't do that without Halo without getting punished both in the game and by getting angry messages from people on your team. There is absolutely 100% no justifiable reason for me to be forced to sit in on a game where two people on my team quit out and the third is AFK. Yeah. That's fun. That'll encourage me to power through that adversity. Yup.

It's the main reason I haven't played Halo 5 since the week after it came out. 343 has done absolutely nothing to cater to the non-MLG/highly competitive crowd. If you want to relax and play a game without stressing out or trying your absolute best then Halo 5 is not for you.

I was hoping 343 would be adding some stuff for more social/relaxed play but thus far they haven't. Which is an incredible disappointment.
Warzone is a sit back and relax playlist, but they should have more.

Also quitting is bad, but I expect as much from a Wild fan.

Nutter

People get banned from matchmaking, get salty, people don't get banned, others get salty.

I wish 343 would just outright put a huge warning in the players face with a game counter and time of ban if they continue to quit.

Fuck quitters & fuck every other game that enables and encourages this behavior.

Is that something we old people call a sore loser or poor sport?

.. Maybe he got too many participation trophys and he feels entitled to make sure his feelings are met with rainbows and candy??

Sorry man. Maybe hang up halo =/ it just aint ur cup of sunshine antitype

/shrug

Good thing social playlists are coming in the next few days.

Good. I might actually play it a bit now.

Warzone is a sit back and relax playlist, but they should have more.

Also quitting is bad, but I expect as much from a Wild fan.

Hey come on I was defending the justification of occasionally quitting as a concept. I don't practice it. In almost 10 hours of playtime in Halo 5, I quit once. Because all of the fire alarms in my building were going off and I was forced to go outside.

My issue with all of these people saying "never quit" or "sore loser": what are the alternatives? Until the coming update that will presumably give more social options, 343 hasn't done shit to encourage relaxed play. If someone wanted to play Halo, they were forced to either play Warzone or highly competitive MP. There was no middle ground. And a large segment of gamers, certainly larger than the competitive group, just want to play in that gray area between ultra casual and incredibly competitive. The people in that group were forced to go one way or the other, which does nothing but harm the population overall.

jem0208

I think the best solution to quitters would be to make anyone who quits banned until the end of the game they quit from. However, with a condition that if your team is 2 or more players less than the other team you don't get banned. If you temporarily lose connection for example you would be able to rejoin the game.

Repeat quitting would result in extended bans and loss of Req points.

Are we getting any new gametypes with the December update?

Probably not.

His delivery is causing us to respond like that. This isnt something new....

Its like a fly you cant see but hear all the time. While your trying to enjoy a movie.wit' cho' girl. Nam sayinnnnn? Got that popcorn. Chocolate, bubbly, and fruit. Lights dim. Scsry movie..

Then you hear a fucking fly annoy the shit out od you both. Occassionaly fly over by the food and bubblay!? How long till you say enough?

Btw this is tottaly not how to watch a movie wit cho' girlll ;)

do it and youll be a daddy, like me. Also pardon my old man slang.

plz understand

Detective

Am trying to be polite. Am trying to be positive. I just can't . I can't understand how a studio with so much talent. So much money, Can't make a decent gaming experience. I just can't figure it out.

Full of lag . laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag...
Why do I die from a single grenade far away from me and the enemy won't die if I throw two at their feet with shooting a full magazine at them?

Enemy WITHOUT A SHIELD. Shooting with SAW close quarter. NOTHING. meet the super man. THE SUPER SPARTAN.

My life right now:

whygodmiqsi.gif

I never quit a multiplayer match ever, on Halo, COD, Battlefield etc quitters ruin the mp experience a lot, my first matchmaking game on Halo 3 was a 1v4 and I won the game alone, never quit people even if the odds are against you, there is still a chance to win

I never quit a multiplayer match ever, on Halo, COD, Battlefield etc quitters ruin the mp experience a lot, my first matchmaking game on Halo 3 was a 1v4 and I won the game alone, never quit people even if the odds are against you, there is still a chance to win

Yeah yesterday i started a match with 3v4. I was on the 3 person team. We destroyed them so bad 3 of their members quit. 1 stayed to rambo us but failed.

Felt so good. They didnt even try to group up on us. They quit lmao.

My favorite part of that experience was the beautiful, chaotic timing of it all. One guy managed to slip into the core room and be there right as I exited that terminal, while the rest of my team was absent. I wasn't even mad. I was kind of impressed actually.

Can he just get banned from this thread. Seriously does nothing to contribute to the thread or game. Just bitching constantly.

Fucking stop playing if you hate it so. No one here takes you serious.

My favorite part of that experience was the beautiful, chaotic timing of it all. One guy managed to slip into the core room and be there right as I exited that terminal, while the rest of my team was absent. I wasn't even mad. I was kind of impressed actually.

Im afraid you have a devious plan to blow half of his body off with a trap.

BraXzy

That fun GIF came at the right time, downer time in the thread that last page!

Everyone forget about it, chill, and be hype for the update which is totally coming tomorrow!

No guarantee. No purchase necessary.

The MP in this game is sooo good. But I just queued up for four arena matches in a row and three times someone on my team left, resulting in a prompt loss. Once was in a strongholds match where we were up 75-20 too.

The leaving in this game has to be punished, because its ruining the competitive nature of it.

that strongholds "quit" was probably a connection lost.

speaking from experience here - this game just boots me / loses connection randomly kind of all the time.

my favourite (and most frequent), being when I lose connection during the victory pose at the end of the game - and then get banned swiftly afterwards lol.

I mean, I love you 343, but I also really hate you.

That fun GIF came at the right time, downer time in the thread that last page!

Everyone forget about it, chill, and be hype for the update which is totally coming tomorrow!

No guarantee. No purchase necessary.

U didnt see my hands joke huh. Im not gonna chill homie. Nah uh. Nope.

I did, it was bad.
Kidding, what joke?
Nah youre right. It was bad.

I need a refund from my comedy classes. Lol.

You said you dont have the right hands to use the answer. ... I said someone told me they were made for pottery.. Almost put a picture of someone doing pottery.. But elzar would have enjoyed that too much. Maybe. Haha

Unstable

Nah.

The list goes on.

LOL. This is embarrassing. You're rage quitting. Lol @ "protesting".

BraXzy

LOL. This is embarrassing. You're rage quitting. Lol @ "protesting".

Where've you been hiding? Or have I just not been on Xbox much? :3

You said you dont have the right hands to use the answer. ... I said someone told me they were made for pottery.. Almost put a picture of someone doing pottery.. But elzar would have enjoyed that too much. Maybe. Haha

I think it was a mixture of not quite getting the joke, and failing to come up with a witty response. Feelsbadman.

Well, I hate to bring this up again, and I know it has its faults, but having individual performance rankings would help prevent quitting if you could still rank up when your team loses but you do well, just saying! Ranking probably has a lot to do with the quitting. Or maybe double the rank loss for quitters (and make it possible to derank)?

Nah.

The list goes on.

You quit games over a single dumb spawn or lag spike? You couldn't be more of a hyper-over-omega-uber-weenie crybaby if you tried. Halo 5 has issues, sure, but have you played literally any other game?

How's this approach to life even work, anyway?: I bet the first edition of The Great Gatsby had a typo, Fitzgerald, that hack fraud fuck! Any decent person would set the book on fire at the first extraneous space.

BraXzy

I quit the second someone lands a shot before I do. It's so ridiculous, I know I'm better and yet they land the first shot. Like what?!

Bungie plz.

Velcoro

Nah.

The list goes on.

yUG82e7.gif

Nah.

The list goes on.

If 343i wants to reduce quitting, maybe they should wait for people like you to grow up.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Nah.

The list goes on.

Holy shit. Mods, can we get a ban in here!?

TCKaos

Nah.

The list goes on.

Why should we laud you for behaving like a petulant child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom