• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, a ban for explaining the mentality of many people who quit during matches?

K.

The mentality, or your mentality?

Referring to it as a "small protest" is misleading since in 99.9999% of cases that's a post-quit rationalization. The real reason is usually that the quitter was not made to feel as if they were a Very Special snowflake, singular in their uniqueness, despite participating in a social activity with a mutually agreed upon ruleset.

Glass

Just started up my first Warzone for the day, wasn't the most encouraging thing to see a seemingly full party in the lobby, but then
Screenshot-Original.png
Thankyou based RNGesus

Tried the game some days ago again with Akai and man... server selection is a must at this point...

Its just unplayable for europeans. Watching US players and streams is like a night and day difference in terms of hit detection etc

But sure that broken skill based MM was the reason they couldnt get such a simple feature into the game...

If it does release today it will probably be around be about the next 5-10hrs. or later on today in the afternoon.

today or friday please. give it to me on my days off this week 343. need a whole day to recreate red steel stages in forge.

Yeah, I am only assuming it's today based on what Bravo said on Friday. He said Season 1 Ranks runs through to January 16th, so I merely assumed the update would also release on December 16th. It is 5:02am EST and I don't believe the update is out so if it does come today it will probably be around 12:00pm PST / 3:00pm EST.

Leyasu

Banned
Tried the game some days ago again with Akai and man... server selection is a must at this point...

Its just unplayable for europeans. Watching US players and streams is like a night and day difference in terms of hit detection etc

But sure that broken skill based MM was the reason they couldnt get such a simple feature into the game...

The thing is, even with non ranked social playlists, you can be fucking sure that they still WONT let us choose where we matchmake. It fucking pisses me off at how many fucks they don't give.

But, I have had Americans getting a taste of the tier 2 experience on EU servers lately. It's funny listening to them not understand why they can't get kills or why they are dying so damn fast or why the mêlée lunges were like sword lunges. Lol

Sort it out 343. Give us a ping limiter. Starting at 50ms and we can go up to 125ms if we wanted, as you wont let us choose where play ourselves. Your ideas are ruining what should be the bar setting experience.

BraXzy

Sort it out 343. Give us a ping limiter. Starting at 50ms and we can go up to 125ms if we wanted, as you wont let us choose where play ourselves. Your ideas are ruining what should be the bar setting experience.

I think eventually they will do something but it'll be so far down the line that it just won't matter. I hope I'm proven wrong though :/

Ramirez

Let's be real, there's 3-4 people in here who regurgitate the same complaints every day, and everyone's eyes glaze over as they scroll past their posts.

These people experience game breaking lag every game, and yet can't produce a single piece of video evidence.

ZzZZZzzzZ

Let's be real, there's 3-4 people in here who regurgitate the same complaints every day, and everyone's eyes glaze over as they scroll past their posts.

These people experience game breaking lag every game, and yet can't produce a single piece of video evidence.

ZzZZZzzzZ

Pretty much yup.

Really hope Forge hits today. I want to be able to come home, load it up, and spend the evening making cool stuff.

Who's doing the Forge OT? Is it going up today?

Karl2177

There's one complaint I have that is impossible to produce video evidence of and that's when inputs don't seem to register. I had a moment yesterday where I was ARing some guy, then I jumped, thrusted, and switched weapons; but the game only registered the jump and thrust. Luckily I had a teammate there to clean up, but that was pretty frustrating.

Edit: Your overconfidence is your weakness.

Ramirez

I just got an email from ACME Archives and one of the art pieces on sell is the MC fighting that robot from the achievement art.

"The Insurrection makes extensive use of sabotaged and suborned
industrial automata in their guerilla war campaigns."

Looks like we were gonna fight Insurrectionists at one point.

Leyasu

Banned

ZzZZZzzzZ

Lets be real her ram, you are one of the people who don't really get what people are talking about. You even said so yourself a while back when you mentioned that you had game with a second delay on your grenades but no lag complete with the obligatory "shrugs". Perhaps you should let everyone know what complaints are acceptable on here. Complaining about solo matchmaking is completely acceptable right?! Anything else? Quitters perhaps?

Why do people need to provide video evidence for you (when you don't understand the difference between lag and latency) or anyone else, when the problem is talked about everywhere (there's more to the net than gaf)? Infact, someone did post a vid of themselves 6 pistol shotting an afk'er within the last few days..

Ofcourse people are going to talk about on here. 343 members do engage with us, so why not? If you don't like it mute us/them! You can be free discuss solo queuing/quitters with others. Lol

Disclaimer. The game has been a dream for me for more than a week.

Anyway, any news on the update?

Trup1aya

Heard an interesting opinion from a pro player this morning.

He said that the automatic weapons on the map are well balanced for high level play: they are powerful, but since all pro players are damn good with the pistol, autos end up being used situationally and for clean up kills.

At lower levels though, he thinks autos are too effective. they are so good, that it might discourage players from gaining proficiency with precision weapons. he recommended tuning the auto-aim WAY down on autos, whilst giving them a slight damage boost. In this way, players would have to develop aim skill regardless of the type of weapon they are using... Which would make precison weapons more viable at lower levels.

I'm at best a lower mid level player, but I think I agree with him. There are a ton of autos on every map, and until I started playing against diamonds, it seemed like no one knew when to put them down.

E92 M3

He said that the automatic weapons on the map are well balanced for high level play: they are powerful, but since all pro players are damn good with the pistol, autos end up being used situationally and for clean up kills.

At lower levels though, he thinks autos are too effective. they are so good, that it might discourage players from gaining proficiency with precision weapons. he recommended tuning the auto-aim WAY down on autos, whilst giving them a slight damage boost. In this way, players would have to develop aim skill regardless of the type of weapon they are using... Which would make precison weapons more viable at lower levels.

I'm at best a lower mid level player, but I think I agree with him. There are a ton of autos on every map, and until I started playing against diamonds, it seemed like no one knew when to put them down.

Just what we need, more "pro opinions." Autos are fine (I don't like them) for those that want to have fun with them.

Herbs

Banned

ZzZZZzzzZ

that's why who gives a shit if they post in here. their musings are worthless at this point. easiest explanation is that they just aren't that good at this game. The good thing is, they support it by playing it so their shitty attempts at trolling are actually supportive.

I guess I don't get the hate some of you have for quitters because I don't experience it that much myself. I only play team arena onyx though so people probably care about their rank more.

I think big team should have been left ranked though even thigh there was a lot of quitting there that I experienced.

Game hasn't been out long enough yet. The quitting will stop once the big offenders just give up on the game.

Sordid

ZzZZZzzzZ

Pretty much yup.

You guys posted similar messages before and I did post teleporting/lag and latency related clips. Here they are again if you really want to see. I've never said game breaking lag every game fwiw, some games are smooth as butter. It's immediately apparent when you're matched on an out of region server because the game feels totally different.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186804254&postcount=5851
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186960098&postcount=6277

Why are complaints about bad server selection ZzZzzz but posting about getting matched against full parties is a-ok? What's the difference? They're both bad experiences in the game that are easy to fix if 343 were so inclined.

On one hand I think that sounds like a decent idea, on the other this game is already quite unforgiving for new players and the automatics give them something to use while learning the basics. I find I tend to use automatics more than I would in previous Halo games (especially on maps with storm rifles) but even in gold and platinum it feels like most people are using the magnum over the AR and you get destroyed if you try to use automatics at anything other than short range. TBH I think the efficiency of automatics at lower skill levels has more to do with poor team coordination, movement, and map knowledge which makes it easy to force close range fights.

Leyasu

Banned
You guys posted similar messages before and I did post teleporting/lag and latency related clips. Here they are again if you really want to see. I've never said game breaking lag every game fwiw, some games are smooth as butter. It's immediately apparent when you're matched on an out of region server.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186804254&postcount=5851
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186960098&postcount=6277

Why are complaints about bad server selection ZzZzzz but posting about getting matched against full parties is a-ok? What's the difference? They're both bad experiences in the game that are easy to fix if 343 were so inclined.

Shut up sordid! you're shit at the game, you're rage posting musings are worthless and it's bordering on trolling now lol.

Anyway where you been? I ain't seen you about lately? I've been forced to solo queue btb.....

Herbs

Banned
Shut up sordid! you're shit at the game, you're rage posting musings are worthless and it's bordering on trolling now lol.

Anyway where you been? I ain't seen you about lately? I've been forced to solo queue btb.....

you really wanna throw your lot in with a troll? shitty sword to die on but there's no accounting for taste really.

Trup1aya

Just what we need, more "pro opinions." Autos are fine (I don't like them) for those that want to have fun with them.

Would that make it less fun though?

I think halo is fun when people are using all of the weapons, not just the ones we spawn with...

But I get your sentiment too...

On one hand I think that sounds like a decent idea, on the other this game is already quite unforgiving for new players and the automatics give them something to use while learning the basics. I find I tend to use automatics more than I would in previous Halo games (especially on maps with storm rifles) but even in gold and platinum it feels like most people are using the magnum over the AR and you get destroyed if you try to use automatics at anything other than short range. TBH I think the efficiency of automatics at lower skill levels has more to do with poor team coordination, movement, and map knowledge which makes it easy to force close range fights.

Makes sense... When I was in gold though, it seemed like everyone was running around with ARs, trying to get close to me, but being easily held off by my pistol. I can only imagine what it's like in bronze and silver. But now I'm just a plat2 where there seems to be a healthy balance of weapon use. I'd been on a win streak and played a lot of diamonds lately (which ended my streak) and it suddenly became precision weapon city.

I guess the problem is in assuming that lower level players actually want to be so focused on getting better, and may just be having fun playing in their desired style.

Sordid

Shut up sordid! you're shit at the game

I know!

Anyway where you been? I ain't seen you about lately? I've been forced to solo queue btb....

Things have been super busy, should be about tonight for a while though if you're on.

you really wanna throw your lot in with a troll? shitty sword to die on but there's no accounting for taste really.

Wait, are you calling me a troll? How are any of the comments I've posted in the Halo threads trolling? I've never rage posted about lag or anything like that nor rage quit matches and boasted about it. I've always explained the few issues I've had and posted clips showing them.

Herbs

Banned
I know! :D

Things have been super busy, should be about tonight for a while though if you're on.

Wait, are you calling me a troll? How are any of the comments I've posted in the Halo thread trolling? I've never rage posted about lag or anything, I've always explained the issues I've had and posted clips.

no, you actually post compelling stuff. Antitype on the other hand is a troll who for some reason gets his kicks riling up Halo 5 players by proudly proclaiming how much he quits. He's a troll. Leyasu almost word for word restated what I said which was a direct reference to Antitypes shitty posts. He's throwing his hat in with a troll.

I don't mind the complaining but back it up with stuff instead of deliberately antagonizing.

Akai__

ZzZZZzzzZ

Well, some people posted proof and you went on and dismissed it, because it was in Warzone. All the complaints are amplified in a 4vs4 match, because that's what competetive Halo is and these issues made me stop playing Arena. I can't be competetive, if I get Spartan Charged from ridiculous distances or get shot through walls against US based players. Snipers was actually the best playlist to showcase these connection issues, because the latency really matters in these gametypes.

Also, if this low ping matchmaking would actually work, then these issues would not happen in Warzone and you'd get matched against people that are from your region. Instead, I added several US people I got matched with and rock a 5 people lobby with them, because I just have to deal with it at this point. I even got matched against LiquidNinja and his team of 7 subscribers in BTB where I disconnected from the game, because I lost connection to the Server. Weird that I lose connection against a full 8 player US lobby, isn't it?

Then there is also Custom Games with friends from Europe and Germany where I live. Pretty weird that I never notice any issues while playing Custom Games. Could it be because we are all on a European Server and have a pretty good ping? That would be unbelievable, right?

Just because you see the same people complaining, it doesn't mean that they are not true. Yes, we are the vocal minority, but does that make the complaints any less valid? Take IHaveIce for example. Poor guy can't finish games, because he always gets disconnected.

Ps: There is always guys who greatly exxagerate issues.

Leyasu

Banned

Herbs mate, apart from the obvious person, there ain't no one trolling the halo threads. As well, this isn't throwing my lot in with anyone. There is no tier of poster or any other distinction for me apart from someone who I am sure everyone knows who I am referring to.

I just happen to be one of server selection supporters. That is all. Everyone apart from that person who shall not be named posts in because they undoubtedly loves it. But why should certain things be allowed when others are not?

@ Sordid. I don't know about tonight. I have my office Xmas meal/piss up. But, I am not well so I might not go. If I am about hit me up.

I've been living the EU server dream for a good week or more. It's been beautiful.

Wow excuse the poor writing. Posting on a phone kills it.

Second edit. Lol herbs, it has dawned on me who you was referring to...

Sordid

no, you actually post compelling stuff. Antitype on the other hand is a troll who for some reason gets his kicks riling up Halo 5 players by proudly proclaiming how much he quits. He's a troll. Leyasu almost word for word restated what I said which was a direct reference to Antitypes shitty posts. He's throwing his hat in with a troll.

Ah I get you now, you quoted Leyasu's post which mentioned my username and figured you were talking about me! Nah I don't quit if I'm having a bad time 'cos it ruins everyone else's match too.

Rizzi

Wait five minutes for a game. Game is already nearly done. Enemy team has 700 points and my team has 200 by the time I get in. Yeah OKAY THANKS.

There's one complaint I have that is impossible to produce video evidence of and that's when inputs don't seem to register. I had a moment yesterday where I was ARing some guy, then I jumped, thrusted, and switched weapons; but the game only registered the jump and thrust. Luckily I had a teammate there to clean up, but that was pretty frustrating.

Edit: Your overconfidence is your weakness.
halo 5 has a lot of moments where they buffer your inputs or ignore stuff for just a few frames and I know what you mean, you can spawn in from a death and for the first second you can't shoot your gun, or you jump but for some reason you can't shoot or throw a nade for a brief moment, I've lost a few pistol battles because my gun stops shooting until I double pull the trigger and it's because I did something like crouch or melee then try to attack and it swallows my input.

So got me Elite controller in yesterday evening and have to say it's pretty incredible. I've been using controllers with duplicate buttons underneath for a while now on and off... but i'm struggling to find a perfect combination for H5.

So far I'm most comfortable with Fish Sticks and the following...

Right
High: (B) Crouch
Low: (A) Jump

Left
High: (Y) Switch Weapons
Low: (X) Reload/Pickup Weapons etc.

This gives me thrusters on LB and Melee on right thumbstick so i was like, "Perfect, i never have to take my thumbs off the sticks... now how do i switch grenades.... oh...".

Now part of me wants to make a profile with the right side the same and the left side paddles duplicating the left and right D-pad inputs for on-the-fly grenade switching.

What are your favorite Elite set-ups for H5?

E92 M3

Would that make it less fun though?

I think halo is fun when people are using all of the weapons, not just the ones we spawn with...

But I get your sentiment too...

Makes sense... When I was in gold though, it seemed like everyone was running around with ARs, trying to get close to me, but being easily held off by my pistol. I can only imagine what it's like in bronze and silver. But now I'm just a plat2 where there seems to be a healthy balance of weapon use. I'd been on a win streak and played a lot of diamonds lately (which ended my streak) and it suddenly became precision weapon city.

I guess the problem is in assuming that lower level players actually want to be so focused on getting better, and may just be having fun playing in their desired style.

Autos are designed for newer players to get some kills and feel like they are contributing. Lowering AA would be counterintuitive to that.

Just my 2 rubles

Herbs

Banned
Ah I get you now, you quoted Leyasu's post which mentioned my username and figured you were talking about me! Nah I don't quit if I'm having a bad time 'cos it ruins everyone else's match too.

yeah sorry. definitely don't want to lump you into that. I'm in the UK so I know there are issues and I'm back in the States this weekend and look forward to a more stable experience. It definitely sucks and needs to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom