• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

they ban for being assholes not dissenting opinion.
The problem is that people are often perceived as being assholes purely for having a dissenting opinion.

Anyway, moving on from the off topic before we get banished again.

Where the fuck is forge? I need it so I can procrastinate from studying...

Herbs

Banned
The problem is that people are often perceived as being assholes purely for having a dissenting opinion.

Anyway, moving on from the off topic before we get banished again.

Where the fuck is forge? I need it so I can procrastinate from studying...

and many of us can suss out the difference as previously stated.

The day mods ban for dissenting opinion is the day I leave GAF. That said, I assume you're being facetious.
I have no issue with his opinion. I have an issue with his ridiculous spam of his opinion. It is just ruining the thread. I barely want to read through this thread anymore because of it, and I have him on ignore, but I still have to see all the people quoting his crap.

Anyways. Hope the update drops today. I need social playlists in my life.

So got me Elite controller in yesterday evening and have to say it's pretty incredible. I've been using controllers with duplicate buttons underneath for a while now on and off... but i'm struggling to find a perfect combination for H5.

So far I'm most comfortable with Fish Sticks and the following...

Right
High: (B) Crouch
Low: (A) Jump

Left
High: (Y) Switch Weapons
Low: (X) Reload/Pickup Weapons etc.

This gives me thrusters on LB and Melee on right thumbstick so i was like, "Perfect, i never have to take my thumbs off the sticks... now how do i switch grenades.... oh...".

Now part of me wants to make a profile with the right side the same and the left side paddles duplicating the left and right D-pad inputs for on-the-fly grenade switching.

What are your favorite Elite set-ups for H5?

Mentioned it yesterday but I play with Recon and one paddle on each side, left paddle is jump and right paddle is melee. I only need to take my right thumb off the stick when sprinting or changing weapons and I've never been in a situation where I felt like that would have made a difference, sounds like you wouldn't be happy with it though. :p

Herbs

Banned
I have no issue with his opinion. I have an issue with his ridiculous spam of his opinion. It is just ruining the thread. I barely want to read through this thread anymore because of it, and I have him on ignore, but I still have to see all the people quoting his crap.

Exactly to your first part.

Man it sucks, cuz no matter when it drops, I have to wait until Monday. Should be good though as I can drop into some already made maps hopefully.

So I haven't been able to find a BTB game for the past hour. I've waited for 5 minutes in MM three different times and not been matched. I've gotten a game of SWAT and two WZA matches no problem. A reset didn't help. Population or server issues? I'm east coast US and haven't had MM issues to date :/

E92 M3

I don't like censorship, and as long as people aren't blatantly trolling they should be able to post their feelings. If you don't like something, just skip over it. Halo 5 has a lot of fundamental problems - map design and controls being the main right now - and I think anti wants to love this game, but is having trouble doing so.

Sure, it's not fun to read negative stuff for games you love, but we don't live in a happy rainbow world. I think every opinion should be welcomed as long as it's not just trolling.

Trup1aya

Hmm, I'm bumper jumper right now and don't have an elite controller, but when I get one, I think I'll only use the extra buttons for thruster pack, weapon switch, and grenade change...

I don't mind taking my hand of the sticks to sprint or reload because I can't shoot while doing those things anyway.

Herbs

Banned
So I haven't been able to find a BTB game for the past hour. I've waited for 5 minutes in MM three different times and not been matched. I've gotten a game of SWAT and two WZA matches no problem. A reset didn't help. Population or server issues? I'm east coast US and haven't had MM issues to date :/

was it a console reset you tried?

link1201

Well here's hoping we get the update today. I'm really anxious to play noctus. Those nice smooth roads are calling my name.

Strider

Yea last update launched around mid day in the US... On November 18th (a Wednesday).

It might not come today but odds are good
goodjob.gif

Mentioned it yesterday but I play with Recon and one paddle on each side, left paddle is jump and right paddle is melee. I only need to take my right thumb off the stick when sprinting or changing weapons and I've never been in a situation where I felt like that would have made a difference, sounds like you wouldn't be happy with it though. :p

Yeah i need my LT aim, LS3) sprint... Odd coming from someone who's been playing since CE. CoD sadly made that much of an impact on my muscle memory.

I don't think they've shown it but I was under the assumption all the WZ maps would have two variants. I hope it does cause I've been getting into WZ assault lately.

They counted them as two maps before. They've only named The Battle of Noctus, no other variant. Though that may be due to criticism, I don't know why they have to be so vague about it, as it's free.

link1201

They counted them as two maps before. They've only named The Battle of Noctus, no other variant. Though that may be due to criticism, I don't know why they have to be so vague about it, as it's free.
I know they got some criticism for counting variants as separate maps at launch so maybe they're downplaying it now? I hope so at least.

Well, I hate to bring this up again, and I know it has its faults, but having individual performance rankings would help prevent quitting if you could still rank up when your team loses but you do well, just saying! Ranking probably has a lot to do with the quitting. Or maybe double the rank loss for quitters (and make it possible to derank)?
I'm pretty sure quitting decreases your rank more than losing already.

Caja 117

Let's be real, there's 3-4 people in here who regurgitate the same complaints every day, and everyone's eyes glaze over as they scroll past their posts.

These people experience game breaking lag every game, and yet can't produce a single piece of video evidence.

ZzZZZzzzZ

So much Facts in this post.

Yesterday I felt prety good playing, got to say, Maybe to me quiting isnt a problrem, I say once every 7 games, which is good in term of ranked matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom